Is this kind of "Christian" feminism ok or am i in error?

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Of course abuse is an injustice and despicable. And only a fool would seek abuse. But enduring it in the situation is of Christ and to what we were called (1 Peter 2:20-24). I lived by this so no one can pull the "that's easy for you to say" card. But that's anecdote, which is why I don't care to make it a point except to defend accusations that its easy for me to say. I care to follow the example of Christ and and not seek suffering, but endure it when it upholds the faithfulness God demands.

But if you marry an abusive person, you are kind of are seeking it.... you could have avoided marrying that person. unless you did not know what they were like before. and you could have left..... not divorced but left. you would not have sinned

Upvote 0

Thir7ySev3n

Psalm 139
Sep 13, 2009
✟58,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But if you marry an abusive person, you are kind of are seeking it.... you could have avoided marrying that person. unless you did not know what they were like before. and you could have left..... not divorced but left. you would not have sinned

I didn't know she was a psycho when I married her. She pretended to be an excellent women the first while. But I left her for repeated adultery (which Christ allows) but never left after any amount of her violence, because Christ said except it be for fornication (sexual immorality) divorce and remarriage is adultery. Of course the violence was addressed, but I endured it because to this was I called, Christ being my example. I would have even endured the adultery if Christ demanded it.

• Friendly
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I didn't know she was a psycho when I married her. She pretended to be an excellent women the first while. But I left her for repeated adultery (which Christ allows) but never left after any amount of her violence, because Christ said except it be for fornication (sexual immorality) divorce and remarriage is adultery. Of course the violence was addressed, but I endured it because to this was I called, Christ being my example. I would have even endured the adultery if Christ demanded it.

oh ok. but it is divorce that Jesus spoke against. so if you had left for your safety, you were not sinning. my church i sinvolved with a charity that supports women who have left their marriages or homes due to domestic violence. if it was UnBiblical, the wouldnt support it.

• Agree
Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
we also helped a lady in our church whose fatehr was threatening her and verbally abusing her because she would not study the career he wanted her to have- she wanted a different career but he kept telling her that as her father he owned her until she was married. this girl was in her 20s!!!! am glad i was part of the church helping her find a safe house. he was screaming at her, calling her fat (she is pretty overweight) and threatening to punch her once during an argument. am so glad we helped her..... her rights were important here.

also my mum had a marriage arranged for her by her parents and she said no. so it i sok for women to have rights

Upvote 0

Thir7ySev3n

Psalm 139
Sep 13, 2009
✟58,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
oh ok. but it is divorce that Jesus spoke against. so if you had left for your safety, you were not sinning. my church i sinvolved with a charity that supports women who have left their marriages or homes due to domestic violence. if it was UnBiblical, the wouldnt support it.

It seems biblically acceptable for a husband or wife to separate from their abusive spouse while motivating repentance, since no adultery is occurring if there is no remarriage or extra-marital sexual relations.

But without question (based on the Scriptures I have posted countless times, among MANY others) the higher calling is to endure patiently. I would rather fully submit to Christ in any situation, and encourage likewise, with grace but according to Scripture.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

am sorry you went through all that. i hope one day (if you want to) you find someone who treats you well, as you deserve. as a child of God we are to be treated with love. one day i pray, if God wills you marry again, it iwll be to someone who cares for you. i wish you a happy and joy filled life.

• Friendly
Reactions: Thir7ySev3n
Upvote 0

Thir7ySev3n

Psalm 139
Sep 13, 2009
✟58,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
am sorry you went through all that. i hope one day (if you want to) you find someone who treats you well, as you deserve. as a child of God we are to be treated with love. one day i pray, if God wills you marry again, it iwll be to someone who cares for you. i wish you a happy and joy filled life.

This is the goal. But don't worry about me. I am honestly alright. I endured her for Christ's sake, but you can imagine it is not emotionally troublesome that she is gone.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It seems biblically acceptable for a husband or wife to separate from their abusive spouse while motivating repentance, since no adultery is occurring if there is no remarriage or extra-marital sexual relations.

But without question (based on the Scriptures I have posted countless times, among MANY others) the higher calling is to endure patiently. I would rather fully submit to Christ in any situation, and encourage likewise, with grace but according to Scripture.

sure. i guess that was God's will for you personally.

the lady in church we helped would have died if she had to stay in her home any longer though.... she kept taking overdoses...she had no self worth, felt she was less important than others. thankfuklly she is seeing someone who is helping her see differently about herself.

the scripotures you posted have made me realise celibacy forever is fo rme. i will NEVER MARRY EVER. because if am not happy in the marriage am not allwoed to leave. i would rather be single and happoy than a slave to someone who might not value me enough

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is the goal. But don't worry about me. I am honestly alright. I endured her for Christ's sake, but you can imagine it is not emotionally troublesome that she is gone.

am glad she gone. i wil pray for her salvation.

• Friendly
Reactions: Thir7ySev3n
Upvote 0

Thir7ySev3n

Psalm 139
Sep 13, 2009
✟58,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
sure. i guess that was God's will for you personally.

the lady in church we helped would have died if she had to stay in her home any longer though.... she kept taking overdoses...she had no self worth, felt she was less important than others. thankfuklly she is seeing someone who is helping her see differently about herself.

the scripotures you posted have made me realise celibacy forever is fo rme. i will NEVER MARRY EVER. because if am not happy in the marriage am not allwoed to leave. i would rather be single and happoy than a slave to someone who might not value me enough

Ha, perhaps it is true for you. If you don't marry, there is no sin. If you don't want the trouble, that is biblically an acceptable option, which is what Jesus commended to the disciples when they grumbled (Matthew 19:11-12).

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ha, perhaps it is true for you. If you don't marry, there is no sin. If you don't want the trouble, that is biblically an acceptable option, which is what Jesus commended to the disciples when they grumbled (Matthew 19:11-12).

phew!! yeah i think because i was raised in a culture where women were treated like objects i feel maybe i am able to look at it very objectively- i think men and women ahve differnt roles in marriage but until marriage, we are the same and allowed to follow our own plans (as long as they dont go against God's word). once you 18 , Biblically you are under God's rule only until marriage. i liek being only under God, answerabel only to HIM because He is so gentle and kind and would never want me to puit myself in harms way...

Upvote 0

Thir7ySev3n

Psalm 139
Sep 13, 2009
✟58,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
unless of course He causes me to go to another country to spread the Gospel and therefore suffer persecution, that i believe is the exception. aside form that he dont want us to be in harms way.

We are promised suffering in one form or another until Christ restores the world (John 16:33). Even the great tribulation, of which no tribulation has been as great or ever will be, Christ calls for the Christians therein to wait faithfully and patiently (Revelation 13:10). An added benefit is that enduring lesser sufferings now will strengthen us for greater tribulations later (much like the analogous effects God gave us of physical exercise), which then will culminate into a glory against which our sufferings can not compare (Romans 8:18).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We are promised suffering in one form or another until Christ restores the world (John 16:33). Even the great tribulation, of which no tribulation has been as great or ever will be, Christ calls for the Christians therein to wait faithfully and patiently (Revelation 13:10). An added benefit is that enduring lesser sufferings now will strengthen us for greater tribulations later (much like the analogous effects God gave us of physical exercise), which then will culminate into a glory against which our sufferings can not compare (Romans 8:18).

some suffering is inevitable. some isn;t.

if i have a headache, i will take a painkiller. that is suffering which is optional not inevitable
having a baby? well you take an epidural. again, that is optional suffering

i already have sufferedvery greatly in this life, but one day i decided which of my sufferings are inevitable and to endure and which ones i can change???? well i cant chnage that i am disabled and neurodiverse but i can change thing slike my job, my home, wher ei live etc...... so i changed the things i could and i endure the rest.

also i had osme friendsships which didnt make me happy so i got better friends and cut cintact with certain family members. that was suffering i could change. thing like disease, famine etc are not

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I thin kwe have to endure sufferings which cannot be changed eg being persecuted for our faith, having an illness iwth no cure etc....i agree on those. but mmnay things in life we cal "suffering" vcan be changed

if you hate your job, change it. dont like your friends? get new ones. hate your hair? get it cut or coloured

God is okw ith us changing things we can change.

Upvote 0

Thir7ySev3n

Psalm 139
Sep 13, 2009
✟58,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I thin kwe have to endure sufferings which cannot be changed eg being persecuted for our faith, having an illness iwth no cure etc....i agree on those. but mmnay things in life we cal "suffering" vcan be changed

if you hate your job, change it. dont like your friends? get new ones. hate your hair? get it cut or coloured

God is okw ith us changing things we can change.

This goes lockstep with the difference between seeking suffering and enduring it. If God commands something, then you endure what it takes to accomplish it (e.g, marital faithfulness except with sexual immorality, or telling the truth even if it will bring trouble for wrongdoing, etc.). If something is not commanded by God, like not drinking water if you're thirsty, then you rightly satisfy the desire and remedy the adversity.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This goes lockstep with the difference between seeking suffering and enduring it. If God commands something, then you endure what it takes to accomplish it (e.g, marital faithfulness except with sexual immorality, or telling the truth even if it will bring trouble for wrongdoing, etc.). If something is not commanded by God, like not drinking water if you're thirsty, then you rightly satisfy the desire and remedy the adversity.

True. i guess marriage and being persecuted for your faith are ht eonly sufferings God commands we have to endure..... all th eother examples i gave are not to do with commnands. i guess that is the difference. we are tols in the bible to take medicine if we need it even wine for the stomach etc, so i guess my examples arent very good really. my bad.

but one thing i dont understan- why is infidelity a reason to divorce but verbal or physical abuse not? they are all damaging and cause hurt and can even cause death by suicide if not injury. so why only infidelity? am not a Biblical scholar so i wonder if there some hidden meaning from the new testament or something?

Upvote 0

Thir7ySev3n

Psalm 139
Sep 13, 2009
✟58,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
True. i guess marriage and being persecuted for your faith are ht eonly sufferings God commands we have to endure..... all th eother examples i gave are not to do with commnands. i guess that is the difference. we are tols in the bible to take medicine if we need it even wine for the stomach etc, so i guess my examples arent very good really. my bad.

but one thing i dont understan- why is infidelity a reason to divorce but verbal or physical abuse not? they are all damaging and cause hurt and can even cause death by suicide if not injury. so why only infidelity? am not a Biblical scholar so i wonder if there some hidden meaning from the new testament or something?

Because marriage is by its nature symbolism; symbolism of Christ and the church (Ephesians 5:22-33). So marriage must convey the "story" accurately or it is a failure. Since Christ saves us by faith and will abandon us for no sin but unbelief (which just is to not have faith and is idolatry and so can not save), the husband must so love his wife and abandon her for no cause except adultery (which is the fleshly equivalent to idolatry, or leaving Christ for an alternative false spirituality). And since the bride of Christ must remain faithful to Him, even in tribulation (Matthew 13:21), so the representative of Christ's bride must remain faithful to her husband through all tribulation but abandonment.

Once you just let the Bible speak for itself and add nothing, nor take anything away, everything makes sense. The Bible says marriage is symbolic. The reason Jesus spoke in parables is because the creation is symbolic. A pregnant wife symbolizes new life coming into the world after a period of travail, and also symbolizes Christian's who minister the gospel and conceive children for God, etc. etc.

So because Christ and the church are not to be separated, but have a union of unfailing faithfulness through all sin and tribulation, so must the husband and the wife be to convey this glory of God. It is worth the price to receive such a noble task.

• Agree
Upvote 0