Is this kind of "Christian" feminism ok or am i in error?

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"- women can vote. nothing in Word seems to forbid it- i have checked!"

Well, you might regret it. Women take over democracies because men are more split than women and more women vote for various reasons. That means the West will mostly go where women tell it to go. Now the West is unprepared for a real threat like China and/or Russia and soon enough Iran after it goes nuclear. Women want welfare, health care and education and don't care so much about military, border control and emerging threats. That works until it doesn't.

but can we not have both health welfare and a good army and border control? what is wrong with having both those kinds of things??? welfare and health care are not sinful or wrong any more than having defense against attack id

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks yeah I found it on the internet i think it is turtles made out of kiwis. There is other fruit at like that where the artist uses fruit to make animals

They're all over the Internet.

Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,186.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, it's not happening. Borders are open. The entire West is not capable of responding to serious threats, and that includes the US. Now there's concern about war with China.

Yesterday on Twitter (short video):
Relations between China and the US are at its lowest in years. Is armed conflict between the two powers becoming inevitable?

oh i agree it is not happening but what i meant is WHY heakth and welfare state is incomapitable with also having good borders/military???? we could have all those things? they dont contradict the other

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
i guess i cannot understand generally why so many Christinas are opposed to the idea of a welfare state and healthcare etc? i would have thought Jesus would be pleased at the idea of the needy and vulnerable getting a hand up when they need it?

Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It just seems to me like a kind of moral Darwinism to me what many conservative christians believe- survival of the fittest, welfare state is bad, the needy aren't important, christianity is perfomrance based, beign good enough to get to Heaven etc seems to contradict what Bible says every time and i say this as someone who would probably be considered a conservative traditional christian.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟950,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
It just seems to me like a kind of moral Darwinism to me what many conservative christians believe- survival of the fittest, welfare state is bad, the needy aren't important, christianity is perfomrance based, beign good enough to get to Heaven etc seems to contradict what Bible says every time and i say this as someone who would probably be considered a conservative traditional christian.

Just because you pay taxes doesn't mean the money will go where you'd prefer. You don't control the purse strings. That's the issue.

Faith doesn't mean its adherents will share the same thoughts, feelings, or desires. Nor do they have the same experiences. Group think is prevalent in cults and organizations of that nature.

~Bella

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just because you pay taxes doesn't mean the money will go where you'd prefer. You don't control the purse strings. That's the issue.

Faith doesn't mean its adherents will share the same thoughts, feelings, or desires. Nor do they have the same experiences. Group think is prevalent in cults and organizations of that nature.

~Bella

good point, i guess if we all have Jesus in common then that is what matters. unity in essentials and all that... i can understand the tax thing fair enough, i hate my taxes going to fund abortion clinics. i think what i struggle with (as someone who is deconstructing from the more extreme and destructive elements of my faith) id the idea that Jesus is opposed to welfare and therefore if you vote liberal, labour or democrat, then you are sinning.... i just dont think our standing with God is affected by our politics at all but we will be judged on ho wmuch we love Him and our fellow man.....if we do our best to live the right way as close we can He honours that and receives us

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟950,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
i think what i struggle with (as someone who is deconstructing from the more extreme and destructive elements of my faith) id the idea that Jesus is opposed to welfare and therefore if you vote liberal, labour or democrat, then you are sinning....

I think its important to be reasonable about the messages you entertain. You will notice a pattern in my response. No matter how forcibly someone attempts to foist unbiblical rhetoric, or use strong-arm techniques to sway me; they’re never successful.

I’m not easily influenced. Guilt trips and religious tropes fall on deaf ears. I don’t look to others for approval or require validation for my beliefs. The Lord is my source. I look to Him and follow the guidelines He’s given for my life and calling.

I don’t care if they disagree. I won’t give anyone that kind of power over me. Especially a stranger. Opinions are fine. We all have them. But I weigh them differently. Not all messages are worthy of acceptance. Some are toxic and destructive.

I can’t allow criticism or differences of opinion to compromise my well-being or make me second guess my faith. I don’t eat from every tree. I have to know the soil and see the fruit before I’ll consider the message. I test all things. I sift the words and gauge them against my spirit. It knows best. :)

~Bella

• Winner
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,186.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
oh i agree it is not happening but what i meant is WHY heakth and welfare state is incomapitable with also having good borders/military???? we could have all those things? they dont contradict the other

Yes, but ... .

A strong military that we can afford means more nuclear weapons. That is something that women don't want.

Take a look at Germany. It opened the border to over a million Muslims. And now German women are getting harassed and raped by these Muslim immigrants. Women were big supporters of allowing these immigrants to enter.

Really this is about equality. Women want equality. With equality comes equality of countries. But the West is riding high over the rest of the world. How do you fix that? You flood the West with the 3rd world and you disarm it. You make the West like the rest of the world. This is what equality really means. With our own eyes, we can see the policies supported by women are moving us in that direction.

For the equality movement, THE most important thing in the world is open borders. It would be better to cut off the right arm of the leaders of the equality movement than shut down open borders.

Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,186.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i guess i cannot understand generally why so many Christinas are opposed to the idea of a welfare state and healthcare etc? i would have thought Jesus would be pleased at the idea of the needy and vulnerable getting a hand up when they need it?

Did you know that the Tower of Babel was really about equality? In other words, using the power of the state to take money from some people in order to give it others. I learned this from Rabbi Daniel Lapin and comes from the oral Torah.

Gen 11:3 "They said to each other, “Come, let’s make bricks and bake them thoroughly.” They used brick instead of stone, and tar for mortar."

Basically, it's about stones and bricks. The leaders of the day were transforming people from stones (everybody unequal) into bricks (everybody equal). Materialism is the mortar that holds all the bricks together. The video below talks about this.

Bricks or Stones? - YouTube

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟950,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
[STAFF EDITED DELETED QUOTE]

The bible makes no precedent for adhering to anonymous posts on Internet forums. Nor am I required to entertain unsolicited advice from strangers who’ve acknowledged an omission of wisdom in their choices.

If you require agreement or validation from your comments that is a matter which should be addressed with the Lord. The Holy Spirit isn’t condemning me because I didn’t adhere to your advice. He expects me to exercise discretion and placed wise people in my life whose character and walk make them suitable companions.

We have no acquaintance. You’ve admitted unpleasant experiences in a relationship and I’ve acknowledged an absence of abuse. Yet, you’re surprised I’m unwilling to embrace your advice. Most ladies in my position aren’t clamoring for relational guidance from suspect sources. I seek feedback from men and women with healthy marriages whose journey I’ve witnessed up close.

God won’t force me to listen. Calling me names and wagging a finger won’t change that.

~Bella

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think its important to be reasonable about the messages you entertain. You will notice a pattern in my response. No matter how forcibly someone attempts to foist unbiblical rhetoric, or use strong-arm techniques to sway me; they’re never successful.

I’m not easily influenced. Guilt trips and religious tropes fall on deaf ears. I don’t look to others for approval or require validation for my beliefs. The Lord is my source. I look to Him and follow the guidelines He’s given for my life and calling.

I don’t care if they disagree. I won’t give anyone that kind of power over me. Especially a stranger. Opinions are fine. We all have them. But I weigh them differently. Not all messages are worthy of acceptance. Some are toxic and destructive.

I can’t allow criticism or differences of opinion to compromise my well-being or make me second guess my faith. I don’t eat from every tree. I have to know the soil and see the fruit before I’ll consider the message. I test all things. I sift the words and gauge them against my spirit. It knows best. :)

~Bella

Bella, i agree with you. i also have to be careful with what teachings i let in. the fruit of the spirit is JOY, PEACE, LOVE etc not fear or condemnation.

i am not looking for pity when i say that protecting myself from a destructive teaching may be the difference between still living and hopefully overcoming and enduring until i see my saviour's face and suicide. and yes i have been in that place and attempted it..... that is why i practice a lot of self care. it is not indulgence, it is neccessary. mental health issues are like cancer or diabetes, they need treatment and care, not unhelpful theology and i am thankful Bella that you are someone who understands that.

God bless you. keep being you. God has used you in these forums to help encourage a very weary sister and that is a good fruit. when we lift one another's burdens we are doing the Lord's work.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Did you know that the Tower of Babel was really about equality? In other words, using the power of the state to take money from some people in order to give it others. I learned this from Rabbi Daniel Lapin and comes from the oral Torah.

Gen 11:3 "They said to each other, “Come, let’s make bricks and bake them thoroughly.” They used brick instead of stone, and tar for mortar."

Basically, it's about stones and bricks. The leaders of the day were transforming people from stones (everybody unequal) into bricks (everybody equal). Materialism is the mortar that holds all the bricks together. The video below talks about this.

Bricks or Stones? - YouTube

that is interesting. however the wlefare stat is about caring for the unemployed and the sick. the vulnerable. nothing wrong with that. i have no guilt fo rbeing on welfare... i only wish i were able bodied and able to earn money to help others. but, no, i feel no guilt. Jesus can use us whatever situation we are in and He is not an angry, condemning God. not towards believers anyway

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Thir7ySev3n

Psalm 139
Sep 13, 2009
✟58,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The bible makes no precedent for adhering to anonymous posts on Internet forums. Nor am I required to entertain unsolicited advice from strangers who’ve acknowledged an omission of wisdom in their choices.

If you require agreement or validation from your comments that is a matter which should be addressed with the Lord. The Holy Spirit isn’t condemning me because I didn’t adhere to your advice. He expects me to exercise discretion and placed wise people in my life whose character and walk make them suitable companions.

We have no acquaintance. You’ve admitted unpleasant experiences in a relationship and I’ve acknowledged an absence of abuse. Yet, you’re surprised I’m unwilling to embrace your advice. Most ladies in my position aren’t clamoring for relational guidance from suspect sources. I seek feedback from men and women with healthy marriages whose journey I’ve witnessed up close.

God won’t force me to listen. Calling me names and wagging a finger won’t change that.

~Bella

This is precisely the problem I just addressed. Basically, your method of avoidance can be summarized in a word: misattribution.

Even though all of what I have said in my responses are explicit Scripture, with references provided in context, you misattribute it as my "opinion." When I designate this, you misattribute it as my "need for affirmation." When you want to avoid the clear teaching of Scripture, you misattribute it to the Lord's guidance because you experience no discontentment when the Scripture contradicts your presently affirmed position. This is pride, not the Lord's guidance, no matter what sensation you are or are not experiencing.

I could literally add no words and just quote the Scriptures I provided and it would communicate the same thing, since I am intentionally redundant to the Bible.

Is emptying ourselves of striving for equality my opinion or the Bible? (Philippians 2:5-8)
Is stating that we are called to suffer innocently (even physical abuse) my opinion or the Bible? (1 Peter 2:20-24)
Is saying that we should encourage each other to resist sin to the point of bloodshed my opinion or the bible? (Hebrews 12:2-4)

I could go on. It's not me you are contending with.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

~Bella

Thank you. yes,i need to take your advice. trouble is with me, i lack a healthy form of pride, i lack a healthy form of self esteem which says "you know what? i am accepted in the Beloved, a co-heir with Christ and i don't need to worry about what man thinks" I am working on it though. am not as thin skinned as i used to be, which is good progress.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is precisely the problem I just addressed. Basically, your method of avoidance can be summarized in a word: misattribution.

Even though all of what I have said in my responses are explicit Scripture, with references provided in context, you misattribute it as my "opinion." When I designate this, you misattribute it as my "need for affirmation." When you want to avoid the clear teaching of Scripture, you misattribute it to the Lord's guidance because you experience no discontentment when the Scripture contradicts your presently affirmed position. This is pride, not the Lord's guidance, no matter what sensation you are or are not experiencing.

I could literally add no words and just quote the Scriptures I provided and it would communicate the same thing, since I am intentionally redundant to the Bible.

Is emptying ourselves of striving for equality my opinion or the Bible? (Philippians 2:5-8)
Is stating that we are called to suffer innocently (even physical abuse) by opinion or the Bible? (1 Peter 2:20-24)
Is saying that we should encourage each other to resist since to the point of bloodshed my opinion or the bible? (Hebrews 12:2-4)

Well, we are no longer under condemnation as children of God who are abiding in Jesus (walking after the Spirit) so what matters is that we are dearly loved by Jesus. at the end of the day we all have our opinions, some may be right, some may be wrong, but we are one in Christ. in Heaven we will have to get along, regardless of whether we agree or not, so as long as we are kind to one another, that is the main thing. love and gentleness were the hallmarks of how Jesus dealt with us, and that is our pattern always. be blessed, brother. i look forward to seeing you in Heaven one day

Upvote 0

Thir7ySev3n

Psalm 139
Sep 13, 2009
✟58,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, we are no longer under condemnation as children of God who are abiding in Jesus (walking after the Spirit) so what matters is that we are dearly loved by Jesus. at the end of the day we all have our opinions, some may be right, some may be wrong, but we are one in Christ. in Heaven we will have to get along, regardless of whether we agree or not, so as long as we are kind to one another, that is the main thing. love and gentleness were the hallmarks of how Jesus dealt with us, and that is our pattern always. be blessed, brother. i look forward to seeing you in Heaven one day

This I agree with. Salvation is not by perfect obedience, but by faith. Even if you fail miserably to abide by these commands, the one who trusts in Christ will not be ashamed (in terms of condemnation).

However, the commandments are there for a reason, and we are to admonish and be admonished by them (2 Timothy 4:2). You can not grow in Christ if you are taken captive by the philosophies of this world rather than the doctrines of Christ. And I would rather encourage growth than stagnation, and surrender rather than stubbornness.

That said, I look forward to seeing all my brothers and sisters in the Kingdom, including the ones that annoyed me with their mulish behaviour all these years ^_^

• Agree
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟950,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship

This is honestly off-topic. The thread isn’t about Bella. It concerns Christian feminism. You have shared your opinion as others have. Now you’ve become insistent on securing my agreement.

You can post a litany of verses but it doesn’t mean I must say I concur or you’re right. It seems you need to hear that and you’ve spent a lot of time focusing on my character instead of the topic.

You shouldn’t go on. Force feeding a perspective won’t win anyone over. Let it go.

~Bella

• Agree
Upvote 0