Midwest
✟31,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It would not have been right to kill Hitler as a child. The correct choice would have been to prevent him from being conceived by preventing Mr and Mrs Hitler from having sex on the night Hitler was conceived. He would never have been born. Problem of Hitler over.

I thought that up in a few seconds. Are you telling me God could not come up with an equally non violent way to stop a future? He controls every thing (as is my understanding). If he has to tinker with the future (and my understanding to God the future and past are all one to him- given his 'timeless' quality) he's not omnipotent.

So you see, his actions as described in the Bible so him either be constrained in his power (therefor his has to engage is 'tinkering with causality' to get his desired results or he simply chooses for people to be killed when he could have opted for another way.

Does that make sense?

I'm not sure???

For me, although there are many, many things I can't understand and explain, I've learned enough about God to know that He always does what is right and best. (I've also learned enough to know that He most definitely does exist.)

I believe in the judgment all--both His friends and His enemies--will be convinced of His righteousness.

Two efforts to try to convince you that He exists :scratch::

Effort #1--One of the most brilliant and talented men that has ever lived, one most likely far more brilliant that either of us, Leonardo Da Vinci, said: "In the absence of all other evidence, my thumb alone would convince me there's a God."

Effort #2--A snowflake. (And if not one snowflake, a million snowflakes--all with an incredibly beautiful and complex six sided designs, and yet every one of them different. I don't see how anyone can honestly believe that every single one of those millions upon millions of incredibly complex and beautiful designs just happened to get that way by chance.)

Take care, and I hope we can be friends in spite of our differences.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Ok so how do you give life to a born child.
I built up millions of spermatozoa in my body. When the winning sperm fertilised the egg cell in my wife took root in her body and began to divide.

How did you not know that?

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
That is not even a scientific fact, non living molecules?
Is a molecule of zinc phosphate? No, of course not. Is it a building block of a spermatozoa? Yes.

You say it’s not a scientific fact: exactly what are your qualifications in biochemistry to make that assertion?

Because you are wrong as any medical text book in high school will tell you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I'm not sure???

For me, although there are many, many things I can't understand and explain, I've learned enough about God to know that He always does what is right and best. (I've also learned enough to know that He most definitely does exist.)

I believe in the judgment all--both His friends and His enemies--will be convinced of His righteousness.

Two efforts to try to convince you that He exists :scratch::

Effort #1--One of the most brilliant and talented men that has ever lived, one most likely far more brilliant that either of us, Leonardo Da Vinci, said: "In the absence of all other evidence, my thumb alone would convince me there's a God."

Effort #2--A snowflake. (And if not one snowflake, a million snowflakes--all with an incredibly beautiful and complex six sided designs, and yet every one of them different. I don't see how anyone can honestly believe that every single one of those millions upon millions of incredibly complex and beautiful designs just happened to get that way by chance.)

Take care, and I hope we can be friends in spite of our differences.
1: exactly how would a thumb convince anyone the God is real?

2: snow flakes are easy to explain. Each snow flake has a different solid nucleus and a different route to ground. The basic hex pattern is because of the crystalline structure of water molecules.

Snow flakes are no mystery. Go here for more information.

How do snowflakes form? Get the science behind snow | National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration

No need to invoke a creator.

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟247,079.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If I may take one of those acts - murder. It is very specifically defined. That is, taking another life is wrong only under certain conditions. It's relative by definition.
This came up in another thread and I have debated this before with you. After thinking and investigating this I think there is a difference between context and relative. As far as I understand relative is typically explained through cultural differences such as one culture thinks capital punishement is wrong and another things its right. Their view of morality is relative to their culture.

Whereas context happens in a specific moral situation rather than a culture wide moral view. So even the same culture can have contextual differences. For example western cultures usually say killing is wrong unless in self defence. So for example if a crazed gunman was about to kill an innocent child we have a moral duty to save the child. Not doing so when we can makes us to allow the killing of an innocent life.

So the context is that a greater moral wrong can take over for determining what is the right way to act morally. So relative is comparing relative positions of different cultures whereas context is not comparing anything . Whereas context only happens when two morals clash and we need to determine the best way to go.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I built up millions of spermatozoa in my body. When the winning sperm fertilised the egg cell in my wife took root in her body and began to divide.

How did you not know that?

Ok so i believe you said you had a child stillborn. If you are the one giving life, why was that child not born alive. Why did you take its life.

Humans can not give life, they can only kill life and that is only when God allows a life to be killed/taken.

Upvote 0

TheWhat?

Ate all the treats
Jul 3, 2021
SoCal
✟38,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't know if I agree that an act is right or wrong depending on context. Assuming objective morality, if the act is wrong, it is wrong objectively. The action itself is part of the context and it is not context dependent any more than the context itself is. Our ideas of wrong actions, murder and the like, are abstractions. Their applicability is context dependent.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Ok so i believe you said you had a child stillborn. If you are the one giving life, why was that child not born alive. Why did you take its life.

Humans can not give life, they can only kill life and that is only when God allows a life to be killed/taken.
Miscarriage. But thank you for suggesting I killed my own child.

How very Christian of you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Miscarriage. But thank you for suggesting I killed my own child.

How very Christian of you.

I am not the one taking the true life giver, out of the the life giving process. Life is a gift from God not man.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,630.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I am not the one taking the true life giver, out of the the life giving process. Life is a gift from God not man.

I can demonstrate the process of life coming from humans. Please demonstrate the process of life coming from a god.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,903.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Effort #2--A snowflake.

'Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes'. Those snowflakes? Raindrops on roses? Whiskers on kittens? Nemotode worms? Necrotising faciitus? Vibrio cholerae? Ebola?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I can demonstrate the process of life coming from humans. Please demonstrate the process of life coming from a god.

At the very start of this process show which one will become a living human.

Upvote 0

Mclachlan

Oct 10, 2021
Melbourne
✟23,419.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0