Seattle
✟904,976.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Could you please give me an example?

How did you come to that conclusion?

The vikings raping and pillaging comes to mind. Since they did not consider raping to be wrong your statement was thus demonstrated to be false.

Upvote 0

Mclachlan

Oct 10, 2021
Melbourne
✟23,419.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The vikings raping and pillaging comes to mind. Since they did not consider raping to be wrong your statement was thus demonstrated to be false.
Thanks for taking the time to answer. It sounds like the Vikings (at least some of them) for a time lived in a morally depraved environment.
Would you then say that morality depends on factors such as cultural and custom differences?

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟253,129.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for taking the time to answer. It sounds like the Vikings (at least some of them) for a time lived in a morally depraved environment.

According to our opinions? You bet. And there are very many more examples when whoever was invading/conquering an area considered the women to be justified spoils of war.

'In early July, Taliban leaders, who took control of the provinces of Badakhshan and Takhar, issued an order to local religious leaders to provide them with a list of girls over the age of 15 and widows under the age of 45 for “marriage” with Taliban fighters'. The mistreatment of women and girls in Afghanistan has already begun at the hands of the Taliban

It was ever thus.

Would you then say that morality depends on factors such as cultural and custom differences?

Considering that you've just been given some examples, then it's fair to say that that statement is not false. And by the way, whether or not we think that it's wrong doesn't change anything in regard to whether it's a reflection of 'cultural and custom differences'.

Reactions: Mclachlan
Upvote 0

Mclachlan

Oct 10, 2021
Melbourne
✟23,419.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
According to our opinions? You bet. And there are very many more examples when whoever was invading/conquering an area considered the women to be justified spoils of war.

'In early July, Taliban leaders, who took control of the provinces of Badakhshan and Takhar, issued an order to local religious leaders to provide them with a list of girls over the age of 15 and widows under the age of 45 for “marriage” with Taliban fighters'. The mistreatment of women and girls in Afghanistan has already begun at the hands of the Taliban

It was ever thus.

Considering that you've just been given some examples, then it's fair to say that that statement is not false. And by the way, whether or not we think that it's wrong doesn't change anything in regard to whether it's a reflection of 'cultural and custom differences'.
The question was not directed to you, but thanks for answering anyways.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is a molecule of zinc phosphate? No, of course not. Is it a building block of a spermatozoa? Yes.

You say it’s not a scientific fact: exactly what are your qualifications in biochemistry to make that assertion?

Because you are wrong as any medical text book in high school will tell you.
Provide any evidence that you can find that life can be originated from non life

Upvote 0

o_mlly

May 20, 2021
Private
✟68,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

It was ever thus.
So the earth is really flat? I didn't know that. You believe that reality conforms to whatever any mind thinks that it is. Interesting point of view.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not want I said. I said my son’s life came from me. And I’m alive.
you said
We created the seed from non living molecules and created a human being with no divine intervention needed.
once again life does not originate with non life, feel free to provide evidence to the contrary.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟253,129.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
So the earth is really flat? I didn't know that. You believe that reality conforms to whatever any mind thinks that it is. Interesting point of view.

The poster wanted to know if there were examples of rape that the perpetrators thought morally acceptable. Some examples were given. Their opinions reference the reality of the situation. If you want to state that you are of the opinion that the actions were wrong then feel free. I'll agree with you. It's my opinion as well.

I came to my opinion myself. How did you come to yours?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,659.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
you said
once again life does not originate with non life, feel free to provide evidence to the contrary.
Those non living molecules built up the spermatozoa.

Anything that grows does this. How do you think biology works? Where do the molecules that build up you body come from?

Do you need a study to show you how organisms catabolise material to grow?

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟253,129.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Provide any evidence that you can find that life can be originated from non life

'According to researchers, the body replaces itself with a largely new set of cells every seven years to 10 years, and some of our most important parts are revamped even more rapidly [sources: Stanford University, Northrup].' Does your body really replace itself every seven years?

When my wife conceived, her egg and my sperm (replenished every couple of months) were formed from inanimate materials. And they produced life.

Maybe you should have asked about abiogenesis. It's a tougher question. But you'll need to define what you mean by life first.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Those non living molecules built up the spermatozoa.

Anything that grows does this. How do you think biology works? Where do the molecules that build up you body come from?

Do you need a study to show you how organisms catabolise material to grow?
I do not need a study to know that if I plant a seed that grows into a tree, I did not create a tree.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,659.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I do not need a study to know that if I plant a seed that grows into a tree, I did not create a tree.
What are you taking about? Of course you did not create the tree. The previous tree created the seed.

Did you you not know that trees make seeds? They don’t just poof into existence?

Level of ignorance about basic reproduction here is astounding. Didn’t you get taught this at school?

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
'According to researchers, the body replaces itself with a largely new set of cells every seven years to 10 years, and some of our most important parts are revamped even more rapidly [sources: Stanford University, Northrup].' Does your body really replace itself every seven years?

When my wife conceived, her egg and my sperm were formed from inanimate materials. And they produced life.

Maybe you should have asked about abiogenesis. It's a tougher question. But you'll need to define what you mean by life first.
when Jesus raised the dead, He produced life.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What are you taking about? Of course you did not create the tree. The previous tree created the seed.

Did you you not know that trees make seeds? They don’t just poof into existence?

Level of ignorance about basic reproduction here is astounding. Didn’t you get taught this at school?
why compound losing a debate by insulting the opponent

Upvote 0