• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Is there a place at the table for white men?

Discussion in 'Ethics & Morality' started by OldWiseGuy, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Go Braves

Go Braves On semi-hiatus here. Y'all take care.

+7,181
    United States
    Catholic
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    Well Jimmy, again, I'm flattered you take the time to read so many of my posts that you want to make assumptions about me, but those assumptions are wrong. Now, if it tickles yourself to call folks you don't know liberals or whatever you please, you just go right ahead. It's not relevant to me.

2. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+6,190
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    You got that right. :( (I wouldn't mind if the meal I paid for wasn't junk food.)

3. Shiloh Raven

Shiloh Raven "After all this time?" Always.

+10,850
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Green
    And what makes you think minorities need you or want you to help them (or receive help from other White people)? What if they don't want you interfering in their lives and they tell you to mind your own business and back off, what then? I'm honestly asking, do you think you and other White people have a right and are somehow entitled to interfere in the lives of minorities when you're not invited or welcome? Do you try to impose on them anyway or do you respect their request and back off?

4. jimmyjimmy

jimmyjimmy Pardoned Rebel Supporter

+5,438
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    Some minorities have failed in every measurable way, to be self-sufficient, for starters. The need is tremendous. Only a hard heart could ignore that.

The way I got my parents to stop interfering with my life was to get out from under their roof, and pay my own way. Depending on them for food and shelter came with "interference". You can't have it both ways.

5. Shiloh Raven

+10,850
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Green
    I'm curious to know how many times that has actually happened to you poor souls.

6. RDKirk

RDKirk Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner Supporter

+10,466
    Christian
    Married
    Christianforums.com looks more and more like Stormfront than a forum of Jesus every day.

7. Go Braves

Go Braves On semi-hiatus here. Y'all take care.

+7,181
    United States
    Catholic
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    You complain like you've got problems, but ok. Is sitting at the table grimly waiting for your cornflakes part of the solution?

8. jimmyjimmy

+5,438
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    If it quacks like a duck. . . it's not a rabbit.

9. jimmyjimmy

+5,438
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    Every single day.

If 45% of American households pay 0% income tax, excluding the top 1%, the top 5% of earners, who earn only 36% of the money pay 60% of the tax burden, so I'm picking up the tab everyday. I'm paying nearly twice my fair share, and not only am I not thanked, I'm insulted, threatened, and even wished dead by some.

I'm a Christian, white, male, Conservative, business owner. I'm public enemy #1 in a society that's happy to stick me the bill.

10. VirOptimus

VirOptimus A nihilist who cares.

+2,503
    Atheist
    Married
    My, what an ignorant post.

11. Paidiske

Paidiske Clara bonam audax Supporter

+11,845
    Australia
    Anglican
    Married
    Who determines what's "fair" in this context? I'm reminded of 2 Corinthians 8:13-14.

12. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+5,936
    Atheist
    Private
    Complaining about how tough it is to be upper middle class or above isn't going to win you many friends.

13. jimmyjimmy

+5,438
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    God. If a man had an increase of $1,000, he pays $100. If a man had an increase of $10, he pays $1. That's what God calls fair.

14. OldWiseGuy

+6,190
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    I don't think you understand the metaphor. I'm grim because I don't think my cornflakes are coming. :(

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  15. OldWiseGuy

+6,190
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Anytime Congress misspends my tax money, which is most of the time.

16. OldWiseGuy

+6,190
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    You are excused from the discussion. :D

17. OldWiseGuy

+6,190
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    What do they request we back off from? :scratch:

18. OldWiseGuy

+6,190
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Everyone, no matter how poor, should be paying some taxes. It's good for the soul to contribute, and not be a freeloader. :holy:

19. Shiloh Raven

+10,850
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Green
    Yeah, no kidding. It's hard to feel sorry for them, you know? It must be so tough.

20. bhsmte

bhsmte Newbie

+11,514
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Nailed it.

Feels at times, like watching Archie Bunker on, All in the Family.