Is there a place at the table for white men?

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Everyone, no matter how poor, should be paying some taxes. It's good for the soul to contribute, and not be a freeloader. :holy:

And, to have some skin in the game. To feel as though you are a contributing member of society.

• Agree
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A seat at the table for white men? Anyone know the percentange of those is congress are white men? Anyone know the percentage of governors are white men? Anyone know the percentage of large company CEOs are white men?

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A seat at the table for white men? Anyone know the percentange of those is congress are white men? Anyone know the percentage of governors are white men? Anyone know the percentage of large company CEOs are white men?

I'm not exactly sure what they're complaining about considering every U.S. President except for Obama was a white man. They have certainly had plenty of representation in the government.

Shhh! The men are getting their aggrieved on. It's important!

Apparently so.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The political table that is. If privileged middle class white men are responsible for the problems of minorities and the poor is there room for well-meaning white men at the table of political discussion. Or are we not welcome there? Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and other activists want a place for minorities at the economic table along with white folks, but do the white folks have to empty their pockets onto the table, and then shut their mouths as well?

I don't pay attention to color. Or if you have zits.
You are always welcome.

Upvote 0

Roman1

Aug 14, 2017
Oslo
Visit site
✟11,501.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I get it. Anyone who wants to help minorities by offering advice or opinion that is counter to their culture is a racist.

Not really a racist, but I'm quite sure that if someone went up to you and gave you advice about Your life without knowing anything about Your life, or knowing Your history, or even knowing you ... you'd probably not appreciate that too much.

It's simply empathy man, you don't need a PHD in social Sciences or christian ethics to get the golden rule.

Upvote 0

Roman1

Aug 14, 2017
Oslo
Visit site
✟11,501.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where do you live, because I'm coming to your house to take all of the *state-created* money you are in possession of.

You can try, but there are laws against that.

Btw, how does any of what you said follow from what I said? Also how is any of what I said wrong? Historically currency is, and always has been, a state creation.

State-less societies don't use currency for the most part.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
You can try, but there are laws against that.

Btw, how does any of what you said follow from what I said? Also how is any of what I said wrong? Historically currency is, and always has been, a state creation.

State-less societies don't use currency for the most part.

You said: "It's not YOUR tax Money. Money is a State creation."

The only money the state has is *my* money and *your* money, if indeed you are among the 50% of people who actually pays income tax.

Upvote 0

Roman1

Aug 14, 2017
Oslo
Visit site
✟11,501.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You said: "It's not YOUR tax Money. Money is a State creation."

The only money the state has is *my* money and *your* money, if indeed you are among the 50% of people who actually pays income tax.

The government prints the money and gives banks sanction that create money. The only reason dollars are currency is because they are accepted as currency by the government.

You don't want to pay taxes? Fine, don't use money.

Btw property law is also a state creation.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not really a racist, but I'm quite sure that if someone went up to you and gave you advice about Your life without knowing anything about Your life, or knowing Your history, or even knowing you ... you'd probably not appreciate that too much.

It's simply empathy man, you don't need a PHD in social Sciences or christian ethics to get the golden rule.

Why do you think white people don't know anything about minorities? Our advice is based on that knowledge. (VirOptimus does think that one needs to study social science.)

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Why do you think white people don't know anything about minorities? Our advice is based on that knowledge.

My grandparents came to the US from different ends of Europe. All of them were minorities when they arrived.

How foolish and racist is it to clump all people together into a group called, "white", yet many of my political "adversaries" do it constantly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Roman1

Aug 14, 2017
Oslo
Visit site
✟11,501.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why do you think white people don't know anything about minorities? Our advice is based on that knowledge. (VirOptimus does think that one needs to study social science.)

I'm not saying they don't, but if they're gonna give advice they should get to know the people they are giving advice to and understand the culture.

But if people don't care what you have to say, they don't have to listen to you, and vice versa.

Btw I find it strange anyone would want to give advice to "minorities" as though that were a monolithic group with a common culture, common concerns and so on.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm not saying they don't, but if they're gonna give advice they should get to know the people they are giving advice to and understand the culture.

But if people don't care what you have to say, they don't have to listen to you, and vice versa.

Btw I find it strange anyone would want to give advice to "minorities" as though that were a monolithic group with a common culture, common concerns and so on.

The advice concerns obtaining success in a culture that is foreign to them. I think that would be helpful. And it's nothing new.

Take school seriously, even white American history.
Stay away from sex until you marry and can afford a family.
Obey the law.
Don't take drugs.
Don't be racist against whites.
Dress for success, not for the street.
Do your homework, stay home at night.
If you can't afford college learn a trade.
Buy and improve a home as soon as you can afford it.
Do these things for yourself, for your generation.
If you do your kids will be just fine.
And don't worry if others don't do these things. It's your life, not theirs.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
My grandparents came to the US from different ends of Europe. All of them were minorities when they arrived.

How foolish and racist is it to clump all people together into a group called, "white", yet many of my political "adversaries" do it constantly.

It's ignorant of history too - the Irish would be considered white now, but they weren't until mid-20th century if that.

Upvote 0

Roman1

Aug 14, 2017
Oslo
Visit site
✟11,501.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The advice concerns obtaining success in a culture that is foreign to them. I think that would be helpful. And it's nothing new.

Take school seriously, even white American history.
Stay away from sex until you marry and can afford a family.
Obey the law.
Don't take drugs.
Don't be racist against whites.
Dress for success, not for the street.
Do your homework, stay home at night.
If you can't afford college learn a trade.
Buy and improve a home as soon as you can afford it.
Do these things for yourself, for your generation.
If you do your kids will be just fine.
And don't worry if others don't do these things. It's your life, not theirs.

Have you ever lived in the hood?

Do you know anyone who disagrees with those things? (Other than the sex part, which isn't a uniquely minority issue by a long shot).

The assumption here, which is a silly one, is that rich people act virtuously and poor people don't, and that is the explanation for poverty and wealth.

Of course it's always a good think to act virtuously, but that isn't the cause of poverty and wealth disparity.

Upvote 0