Is the Sabbath Commandment proof that the TCs are not for Christians?

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There appears to be two classes of Christian: one that believes they are under the law, and another that believes they are above the law. Both would say that only Jesus has the right to judge them.

I wonder if anyone would dispute that?

Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

Dave L

Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There appears to be two classes of Christian: one that believes they are under the law, and another that believes they are above the law. Both would say that only Jesus has the right to judge them.

This reflects a misunderstanding of those Jesus freed from the Law. They do not think they are above it. But since they are born again, the Old Law doesn't need to tell them not to steal or murder. They do not want to do these things. But since they are born again with new natures, instead of not stealing, they give in love. And instead of not killing enemies, they love them. And so on.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The term "above the law" has a bad connotation. In fact the term "classes" may have a bad association as well. Back to the drawing board, I guess.

Upvote 0

Tayla

Supporter
Sep 30, 2017
USA
✟147,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Is the Sabbath Commandment proof that the TCs are not for Christians?
The early church answered this and the Bible has evidence of this answer. The 10 commandments are binding on Christians with the one exception of the Sabbath law. That commandment was for the Israelite/Jewish nation only.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The early church answered this and the Bible has evidence of this answer. The 10 commandments are binding on Christians with the one exception of the Sabbath law. That commandment was for the Israelite/Jewish nation only.

Yet there is not one scripture in all of God's WORD that says God's 4th Commandment is abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day.

It was Jesus that said..

MARK 2:27-28 [27], 27, And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath.

God's SABBATH was created for mankind before ISRAEL and JEWS ever existed *GENESIS 2:1-3.

So according to scripture the Sabbath was made for mankind and was created before sin entered the world.

Today Gentiles are now grafted in to God's ISRAEL (Romans 11:16-27). If you are not a part of God's ISRAEL you have no part in the NEW COVENANT (Hebrews 8:10-12)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This reflects a misunderstanding of those Jesus freed from the Law. They do not think they are above it. But since they are born again, the Old Law doesn't need to tell them not to steal or murder. They do not want to do these things. But since they are born again with new natures, instead of not stealing, they give in love. And instead of not killing enemies, they love them. And so on.
I agree with this, though I would add the word to the effect of "enslavement" where you have said "those Jesus freed from enslavement to the Law".

I am careful to make this distinction because the law still has the right to convict those who somehow happen to fall short of it (as 1 Timothy 1:9-10 is saying), even if they have once been liberated into freedom by grace (eg: Hebrews 6:4-8).

• Winner
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, that's my point. The fact that one of the commandments is not for us means they are not as a group for us. Besides, the Ten Commandments are the old covenant. We under the new covenant.

Exodus 34:28
Moses was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights without eating bread or drinking water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant—the Ten Commandments.

Deuteronomy 4:13
He declared to you his covenant, the Ten Commandments, which he commanded you to follow and then wrote them on two stone tablets.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well, that's my point. The fact that one of the commandments is not for us means they are not as a group for us. Besides, the Ten Commandments are the old covenant. We under the new covenant.

Exodus 34:28
Moses was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights without eating bread or drinking water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant—the Ten Commandments.

Deuteronomy 4:13
He declared to you his covenant, the Ten Commandments, which he commanded you to follow and then wrote them on two stone tablets.

If you do not know what the OLD COVENANT is how can you know what it pointed to in the NEW COVENANT? You are only telling a half truth which is not truth at all.

THE OLD COVENANT is made up of God's 10 Commandments and the shadow laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the covenant.

EXODUS 34 [28] And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the COVENANT, the ten commandments.

EXODUS 24 [7] And he took the BOOK OF THE COVENANT, and read in the hearing of the people: and they said, All that the LORD has said will we do, and be obedient.

You mix up the SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the covenant with God's eternal law that give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTOEUSNESS * ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; Psalms 119:172.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you do not know what the OLD COVENANT is how can you know what it pointed to in the NEW COVENANT? You are only telling a half truth which is not truth at all.

THE OLD COVENANT is made up of God's 10 Commandments and the shadow laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the covenant.

EXODUS 34 [28] And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the COVENANT, the ten commandments.

EXODUS 24 [7] And he took the BOOK OF THE COVENANT, and read in the hearing of the people: and they said, All that the LORD has said will we do, and be obedient.

You mix up the SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the covenant with God's eternal law that give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTOEUSNESS * ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; Psalms 119:172.
Right. I forgot the other half. Thanks for reminding me.

Hebrews 8:13
By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Right. I forgot the other half. Thanks for reminding me.

Hebrews 8:13
By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

Indeed it is. No more sacrifices for sin from the MOSAIC BOOK OF THE COVENANT for FORGIVENESS. God's LAW is now applied in the SPIRIT and unless our righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the Scribes and the Pharisees we will in no wise enter into the KINGDOM of Heaven.

Yep we need a new HEART by being BORN AGAIN to LOVE *HEBREWS 8:10-12; ROMANS 13:8-10; 1 JOHN 3:3-10. This is the NEW COVENANT. God's 10 Commandment lead have the same role they always had only the COVENANT now is different and not the same as the OLD. No more animal sacrifices. The SHADOW laws are fulfilled in Christ.

HEBREWS 10:1-19
[1], For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things [WHAT LAW WAS A SHADOW?], can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the ones approaching perfect.
[2], For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because the worshipers once purged should have had no more consciousness of sins.
[3], But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year [Day of Atonement] *Leviticus 23:27-32.
[4], For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.
[5], Therefore when he comes into the world, he says, Sacrifice and offering you desired not, but a body have you prepared me:
[6], In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin you have had no pleasure.
[7], Then said I, Lo, I come in the volume of the book it is written of me, to do your will, O God.

NOTE:
What are the Shadow laws of the OLD COVENANT? IT is those from the MOSAIC BOOK OF THE COVENANT v7 is a reference to...

EXODUS 24:7 [7], And he took the BOOK OF THE COVENANT, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the LORD has said will we do, and be obedient.

DEUTERONOMY 29:21 [21], And the LORD shall separate him to evil out of all the tribes of Israel, according to all the curses of the COVENANT THAT ARE WRITTEN IN THIS BOOK OF THE LAW.

DEUTERONOMY 31:26 [26], Take this BOOK OF THE LAW, and put it in the SIDE OF THE ARK OF THE COVENANT of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against you.

2 KINGS 23:2 [2], And the king went up into the house of the LORD, and all the men of Judah and all the inhabitants of Jerusalem with him, and the priests, and the prophets, and all the people, both small and great: and HE READ IN THEIR EARS ALL THE WORDS OF THE BOOK OF THE COVENANT which was found in the house of the LORD.

2 KINGS 23:3 [3], And the king stood by a pillar, and made a covenant before the LORD, to walk after the LORD, and to keep his commandments and his testimonies and his statutes with all their heart and all their soul, TO PERFORM THE WORDS OF THIS COVENANT THAT WERE WRITTEN IN THIS BOOK. And all the people stood to the covenant.

2 KINGS 23:21 [21], And the king commanded all the people, saying, KEEP THE PASSOVER OF THE LORD your God, AS IT IS WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF THIS COVENANT.

Continuing..

[8], Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin you desired not, neither had pleasure in them; which are offered by the law;
[9], Then said he, Lo, I come to do your will, O God. He takes away the first, that he may establish the second.

NOTE: NEW COVENANT NO MORE ANIMAL SACRIFICES from the MOSAIC BOOK OF THE LAW

[10], By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
[11], And every priest stands daily ministering and offering frequently the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:
[12], But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down on the right hand of God;
[13], From then on waiting till his enemies be made his footstool.
[14], For by one offering he has perfected forever them that are sanctified.
[15], The Holy Spirit also is a witness to us: for after this he had said before,
[16], This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
[17], And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
[18], Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.
[19], Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,

NOTE: The NEW COVENANT is NO MORE SHADOW LAWS from the MOSAIC BOOK OF THE COVENANT (Exodus 24:7) God's LAW is to be written in a NEW HEART TO LOVE * ROMANS 13:8-10.

Hope this is helpful.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dan the deacon

Jul 10, 2018
Perry
✟28,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'll try a different approach and tell how I view and use the Ten Commandments. Since we no longer sacrifice animals, or practice Sabbath keeping, or ritual circumcision, it is obvious the Mosaic Law no longer applies. But I think on the Ten Commandments, continuously using them to censor impure thoughts and imaginations. And I also use them as a rule of thumb for doing what is right. I don't steal so I do the opposite, Give. I don't tell lies about people, so I do the opposite, I say good true things about them. I don't covet, so I give instead. And so on.

But I realize we are under the New Covenant where the Two Great Commandments of love for God and people govern our motives in all we do.
So you use them as a schoolmaster?

• Agree
Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

Dan the deacon

Jul 10, 2018
Perry
✟28,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is the importance of the phrase ''Ten Commamndmemts''?

Is it for Christians not to take the Lords name in vain?
Is it for Christians to honour their parents?
Is it for Christians not to steal?
Is it for Christians not to commit adultery?
Is it for Christians not to murder?
Is it for Christians not to bear false witness?
Is it for Christians not to covet?
Is it for Christians to have no other gods apart from their Father in Heaven?
Is it for Christians not to build graven images?

I would think that is what is important to know. The other commandment can be discussed at length elsewhere
As Christians break each of these I have to say no they are not Christian. They were of God. They are Godly not Christian.

Upvote 0

Dan the deacon

Jul 10, 2018
Perry
✟28,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yet there is not one scripture in all of God's WORD that says God's 4th Commandment is abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day.

It was Jesus that said..

MARK 2:27-28 [27], 27, And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath.

God's SABBATH was created for mankind before ISRAEL and JEWS ever existed *GENESIS 2:1-3.

So according to scripture the Sabbath was made for mankind and was created before sin entered the world.

Today Gentiles are now grafted in to God's ISRAEL (Romans 11:16-27). If you are not a part of God's ISRAEL you have no part in the NEW COVENANT (Hebrews 8:10-12)
There is also not one word in the New Covenant that requires it. We have the OT to show Jesus is the Christ and for history. We are not bound by it's laws just as gentiles never were. But I have a feeling Ms. White has you convinced otherwise. Following her will.not lead you to glory. Follow Christ.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There is also not one word in the New Covenant that requires it. We have the OT to show Jesus is the Christ and for history. We are not bound by it's laws just as gentiles never were. But I have a feeling Ms. White has you convinced otherwise. Following her will.not lead you to glory. Follow Christ.

You may need to read your bible more seems JESUS and all the APOSTLES disagree with you. Bit strange that Jesus taught us how to keep God's 4th Commandment when in your view we do not have to and all the APOSTLES kept the Sabbath after Jesus died? There is not one scripture in all of God's WORD that says God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and as are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day. I follow no one but God's WORD. Do you have any to share?

Sorry, Dan God's WORD disagrees with you.

*SCRIPTURE SUPPORT HERE Click me.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
… Jesus taught us how to keep God's 4th Commandment ...
That's pretty funny.

John 9:16
Some of the Pharisees said, “This man is not from God, for he does not keep the Sabbath.” But others asked, “How can a sinner perform such signs?” So they were divided.

John 5:18
For this reason they tried all the more to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

John 5:8-10
Then Jesus said to him, “Get up! Pick up your mat and walk.” 9 At once the man was cured; he picked up his mat and walked. The day on which this took place was a Sabbath, 10 and so the Jewish leaders said to the man who had been healed, “It is the Sabbath; the law forbids you to carry your mat.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
That's pretty funny.

John 9:16
Some of the Pharisees said, “This man is not from God, for he does not keep the Sabbath.” But others asked, “How can a sinner perform such signs?” So they were divided.

John 5:18
For this reason they tried all the more to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

John 5:8-10
Then Jesus said to him, “Get up! Pick up your mat and walk.” 9 At once the man was cured; he picked up his mat and walked. The day on which this took place was a Sabbath, 10 and so the Jewish leaders said to the man who had been healed, “It is the Sabbath; the law forbids you to carry your mat.”

Steve,

In the days of Jesus the religious teachers of the day had placed so many man made traditions around Sabbath keeping that it had become a burden to the people. It was though in their eyes MANKIND was made for the Sabbath. It was so bad in fact that these religious teachers were constantly looking for ways to accuse Jesus of breaking the Sabbath (Matt 12:1-2; 10; Mark 3:2'; Luke 6:1-2).

Jesus rebuked these religious teachers by saying that the Sabbath was made for MAN and NOT MAN for the SABBATH (Mark 2:27 and that he was the CREATOR or LORD of the Sabbath (Mark 2:28) and it was LAWFUL to do GOOD on the SABBATH (Matt 12:12)

Jesus did God's WORK on the Sabbath and so should we everyday but God's WORK is not the work we are commanded NOT to do on God's Sabbath for it is lawful to do GOOD on the Sabbath.

Have you not read what David did, when he was hungry, and they that were with him; How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the showbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them who were with him, but only for the priests?

Or have you not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless? Is it lawful to do good on the sabbath days, or to do evil? to save life, or to kill? How much then is a man better than a sheep? Therefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days.

GOD'S 4TH COMMANDMENT

Exodus 20
Remember the SABBATH DAY, to KEEP IT HOLY. <Why?> Because God made it Holy for mankind and commands us to keep it as a Holy day)
Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work:
But the SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: <WHY>
For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the SEVENTH DAY: wherefore the LORD BLESSED THE SABBATH, and HALLOWED IT.

Doing GOD'S WORK is NOT what the 4th Commandment is talking about please read it.

God's 4th Commandments says we are NOT to do OUR OWN WORK. Yep NO secular business or paid work, no unnecessary domestic work, no buying and selling, shopping. This can be done on the other days of the week. God has made the SEVENTH DAY a HOLY DAY and we are to REST in HIM by FAITH in the LORD of the SABBATH. This is the 4th Commandment and one of the God's 10.

What did Jesus and the Apostles teach about the Sabbath in the New Testament?

1. It is lawful to do good on the Sabbath (Matt 12:1-8; 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56)
2. Jesus made the Sabbath for all mankind (Hebrews 1:2; John 1:1-3; 14; Ephesians 3:9; Colossians 1:16-17; Mark 2:27)
3. Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath (Mark 2:28)
4. If you do not believe and follow God you cannot enter His Sabbath rest (Hebrews 4)
5. It is one of God’s 10 commandments we break it we are guilty or breaking all (James 2:8-12)
6. Breaking it is sin (1 John 3:4)
7. God’s true followers keep it Holy as God commanded (Revelation 14:12; Revelation 22:14; Eze 20:20)
8. Jesus is our example and he kept the Sabbath (Matthew 12:1-12; 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56; John 2:6; Matthew 16:24; 1 Corinthians 11:1; Ephesians 5:1-21; 1 Peter 2:20-22)
9. The Apostle kept the Sabbath (Acts 13:14; 13:27; 13:44; 15:21; 16:13; 17:2; 18:4; Revelation 1:10)

God’s Law in the NC is written on our hearts it is through love and it is love the fulfils God’s Law in us as we walk not after the flesh but after the spirit and is why Jesus says If you love me keep my commandments. (John 14:15; John 15:10). If we knowingly break one of God’s commandments we commit sin (1 John 3:4). This includes the 7th Day Sabbath which Jesus made for us and commands us to keep as a holy da

SIN is the breaking of God's Commandments (James 2:9-11; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4)
Those who CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Steve,

In the days of Jesus the religious teachers of the day had placed so many man made traditions around Sabbath keeping that it had become a burden to the people. It was though in their eyes MANKIND was made for the Sabbath. It was so bad in fact that these religious teachers were constantly looking for ways to accuse Jesus of breaking the Sabbath (Matt 12:1-2; 10; Mark 3:2'; Luke 6:1-2).

Jesus rebuked these religious teachers by saying that the Sabbath was made for MAN and NOT MAN for the SABBATH (Mark 2:27 and that he was the CREATOR or LORD of the Sabbath (Mark 2:28) and it was LAWFUL to do GOOD on the SABBATH (Matt 12:12)

Jesus did God's WORK on the Sabbath and so should we everyday but God's WORK is not the work we are commanded NOT to do on God's Sabbath for it is lawful to do GOOD on the Sabbath.

Have you not read what David did, when he was hungry, and they that were with him; How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the showbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them who were with him, but only for the priests?

Or have you not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless? Is it lawful to do good on the sabbath days, or to do evil? to save life, or to kill? How much then is a man better than a sheep? Therefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days.

GOD'S 4TH COMMANDMENT

Exodus 20
Remember the SABBATH DAY, to KEEP IT HOLY. <Why?> Because God made it Holy for mankind and commands us to keep it as a Holy day)
9, Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work:
10, But the SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: <WHY>
11, For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the SEVENTH DAY: wherefore the LORD BLESSED THE SABBATH, and HALLOWED IT.

Doing GOD'S WORK is NOT what the 4th Commandment is talking about please read it.

God's 4th Commandments says we are NOT to do OUR OWN WORK. Yep NO secular business or paid work, no unnecessary domestic work, no buying and selling, shopping. This can be done on the other days of the week. God has made the SEVENTH DAY a HOLY DAY and we are to REST in HIM by FAITH in the LORD of the SABBATH. This is the 4th Commandment and one of the God's 10.

What did Jesus and the Apostles teach about the Sabbath in the New Testament?

1. It is lawful to do good on the Sabbath (Matt 12:1-8; 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56)
2. Jesus made the Sabbath for all mankind (Hebrews 1:2; John 1:1-3; 14; Ephesians 3:9; Colossians 1:16-17; Mark 2:27)
3. Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath (Mark 2:28)
4. If you do not believe and follow God you cannot enter His Sabbath rest (Hebrews 4)
5. It is one of God’s 10 commandments we break it we are guilty or breaking all (James 2:8-12)
6. Breaking it is sin (1 John 3:4)
7. God’s true followers keep it Holy as God commanded (Revelation 14:12; Revelation 22:14; Eze 20:20)
8. Jesus is our example and he kept the Sabbath (Matthew 12:1-12; 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56; John 2:6; Matthew 16:24; 1 Corinthians 11:1; Ephesians 5:1-21; 1 Peter 2:20-22)
9. The Apostle kept the Sabbath (Acts 13:14; 13:27; 13:44; 15:21; 16:13; 17:2; 18:4; Revelation 1:10)

God’s Law in the NC is written on our hearts it is through love and it is love the fulfils God’s Law in us as we walk not after the flesh but after the spirit and is why Jesus says If you love me keep my commandments. (John 14:15; John 15:10). If we knowingly break one of God’s commandments we commit sin (1 John 3:4). This includes the 7th Day Sabbath which Jesus made for us and commands us to keep as a holy da

SIN is the breaking of God's Commandments (James 2:9-11; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4)
Those who CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)
Jesus admitted to working on the Sabbath. Jesus was not under the law. He set it aside.

John 5:16-18
So, because Jesus was doing these things on the Sabbath, the Jewish leaders began to persecute him. 17 In his defense Jesus said to them, “My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working.” 18 For this reason they tried all the more to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

Upvote 0

Dan the deacon

Jul 10, 2018
Perry
✟28,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You may need to read your bible more seems JESUS and all the APOSTLES disagree with you. Bit strange that Jesus taught us how to keep God's 4th Commandment when in your view we do not have to and all the APOSTLES kept the Sabbath after Jesus died? There is not one scripture in all of God's WORD that says God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and as are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day. I follow no one but God's WORD. Do you have any to share?

Hope this helps

Hope this helps
Of coarse Jesus kept the law. It was still in.effect until He rose from the grave. Can you find an example of Him keeping the Sabbath after His resurrection? I bet you Can't.
Too many have the false impression the gospels are history of the New Covenant. That is not true except for their final Chapters.
No one had the gifts of the Spirit, baptism was only practiced by John and only one of his baptisms brought the Holy Spirit.
Jesus was a Jew. Of coarse He kept the law(even though those over the law acused Him of breaking it). He was also fully God and was the only man who ever kept it.
Now why do you think God will bless you for promoting the Law when you do not keep It? Sounds just like the Pharasees He called snakes. They also promoted the Law and didn't keep it. That is the definition of a liar. One who tells others to do what they do not do themself.
So tell me, how are you different from the pharasees?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Jesus Himself told us to keep the Commandments. Why would they not be for us, just because we are to observe some of them in a less legalistic way?
Are the rest of the woman's offspring/seed converted Jewish Christians or both Gentile and Jewish?
What does the woman symbolize?

Revelation 12:17
New American Standard Bible

So the dragon was enraged with the woman, and went off to make war with the rest of her children, who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus.
King James Bible

And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ

Revelation 14:12

Here is the patience of the Saints;
here are those[fn] who keep the commandments<1785> of God and the faith of Jesus

Revelation 22:14
New American Standard Bible

Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city.
King James Bible
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Last edited:
Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Of coarse Jesus kept the law. It was still in.effect until He rose from the grave. Can you find an example of Him keeping the Sabbath after His resurrection? I bet you Can't.
Too many have the false impression the gospels are history of the New Covenant. That is not true except for their final Chapters.
No one had the gifts of the Spirit, baptism was only practiced by John and only one of his baptisms brought the Holy Spirit.
Jesus was a Jew. Of coarse He kept the law(even though those over the law acused Him of breaking it). He was also fully God and was the only man who ever kept it.
Now why do you think God will bless you for promoting the Law when you do not keep It? Sounds just like the Pharasees He called snakes. They also promoted the Law and didn't keep it. That is the definition of a liar. One who tells others to do what they do not do themself.
So tell me, how are you different from the pharasees?

Did you have any scripture to share? I guess not.

Upvote 0