Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Nice dodge. Let's try again: Who was He talking to, as in who was He looking at, whose direct questions was He answering. How can such an easy question require so much artful dodging?

Preterism detected.

Upvote 0

Echolipse

Watcher and Studier
Nov 17, 2012
Florida
✟15,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
but "here" we imaging a Great Tribulation in the form of unfavorable Supreme Court rulings and a 1% uptick in the unemployment rate.

Wait a sec, you call that "Great Tribulation", dude you're in for a rude awakening.....

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm going to try to make this easy and I don't mean "dumb it down so please don't get offended, I mean I think I'll answer it successfully. I'm working on the preface that JESUS is GOD and he knows all. Knowing that JESUS would have known not only the individuals listening physically there with him at the time, but the ones that they would talk to afterwards about what JESUS said, then to those that they would talk to, then down the line. Knowing that since JESUS knowing all, seeing what was, and is, and is to come would know that the book was being written so he actually was writing a book when he said all. Saying that when JESUS said all he was referring to everyone in the sense of everybody from the point of when he said all until the point of the end.

If Jesus includes everybody, on what basis to you exclude His original Audience?

Upvote 0

SilverBlade

May 12, 2013
✟16,008.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Have you checked out transhumanism? Google it. It is amazing what the geneticists are desiring to do to humans.They are already doing crossing the species barrier with plants and also animals.Look up the liger. I believe that the reference to Noah and Lot can be both literal and symbolic when you look at the technology that man has at his disposal.

The only way that the Liger works is that the Lion and Tiger are both from the Feline group. Just the same how 2 different types of dogs can produce a dog with different features of both. So I don't see this as much of a difference.

Maybe I'll think differently once scientists can implant the gene from lizards that allows them to re-grow limbs into humans, but I personally think that's just a matter of scientific progress, not so much a return to the time of Noah.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,186.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The only way that the Liger works is that the Lion and Tiger are both from the Feline group. Just the same how 2 different types of dogs can produce a dog with different features of both. So I don't see this as much of a difference.

Maybe I'll think differently once scientists can implant the gene from lizards that allows them to re-grow limbs into humans, but I personally think that's just a matter of scientific progress, not so much a return to the time of Noah.

Look up haploidization.

Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Matt 24:21 For then shall be great Tribulation such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

We are absolutely, unequivocally headed for a major historic cataclysm in the not too distant future. Everything appears to be pointing to an apocalyptic convergence of global geopolitical, economic and military conflicts that will precipitate a Third World War in the next 3 years.

Vladimir Putin's rise to power, pushing to restore the greatness of Russia under the Soviet Union, (even resurrecting the Soviet empire, Revelation 13:3), even taking the ground war in Syria and Iraq out of the hands of the U.S. and reestablishing Russia as a power broker in the Middle east. The rise and ascension of Iran (Persia) as a regional power in the Middle East, with hundreds of billions of dollars in new revenue and trade pouring into Iran with the passage of the Nuclear Deal in 2015, (What some analysts are now dubbing as the "Persian Spring"). The fate of Iraq as a now "failed state", ie. the "waters of the Euphrates being dried up", (Revelation 16:12). China sending its aircraft carrier (the Liaoning, CV 16,) into the Mediterranean Sea to aid Russia in it's war to save the Assad regime in Syria, establishing China's clear intent to become a power broker in Middle East as well, (Rev.16:12).

I believe all this is "biblical" and "prophetic" and it will fulfill End Time Bible prophecy in the next few years. I'm afraid the Tribulation Period has already begun.

Upvote 0

SilverBlade

May 12, 2013
✟16,008.00
Faith
Non-Denom
People strangely forget Matthew 24:35

But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

In other words, stop trying to predict when any Revelation or Tribulation period will begin or end. We can't know. We will never know. It may be in 3 years or 300 years.

I believe we have a long way to go yet. The global leaders can't even decide on doughnut flavors without an argument flaring up...

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

In other words, stop trying to predict when any Revelation or Tribulation period will begin or end. We can't know. We will never know. It may be in 3 years or 300 years.

I believe we have a long way to go yet. The global leaders can't even decide on doughnut flavors without an argument flaring up...
How old is the generation that saw Israel become a nation?

Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Nobody is strangely forgetting anything. Correct. Only God knows the day and hour. The Bible also says God shall do nothing in secret without revealing it to his servants, (Amos 3:7). It also says there will be dreams and visions at the time of the end, (Joel 2:8). I'm not even going to bother listing the dozens of warnings in the Scripture for Christians to watch and be aware of the times, here are just a few (1 Thess. 5:4, Rev.1:1-3, Matthew 16:3, Luke 12:56).

God not only knows the day and the hour, but the Scripture is very clear about the fact, He shares this knowledge with anyone who has an ear and can hear, and anyone who has eyes and can see.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Within the next two months a tsunami flood of refugees from Syria and Iraq (4 X the size of the one in September 2015), is going to slam right into Turkey and the shores of Europe. It's going to be the greatest refugee crisis since the Second World War, and it's only going to worsen in the next couple of years as the situation in the Middle East deteriorates.

When NATO moves against Russia in the Ukraine and the Middle East, (which inevitably it will have to), Vladimir Putin will cut off natural gas supplies to Western Europe. China will embargo the West and Iran will close the Straight of Hormuz, (no more made in China, no more Middle East oil). The economic effect on the West is going to be "catastrophic", and I don't think using the word "Apocalyptic" is going to be too strong an adjective either.

Anyone who can't see this coming, is living in a "fantasy" world.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,925.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Anyone who can't see this coming, is living in a "fantasy" world.
Most can see that things cannot continue as they are for much longer.
But what exactly it is that will dramatically change the world, eludes them. Interestingly, the secular world have a better idea that most Christians of what is coming and have prepared many u/g shelters.
We are now, as Jesus said: as in the days of Noah.... God destroyed civilization then and He will do so again, this time by fire. 2 Peter 3:7, Isaiah 66:15-16 and Deuteronomy 32:22 plainly state this fact.

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's interesting that in Islamic countries, like Libya, Syria, Iraq, and other countries where Islamic terrorism threatens Christianity, Judaism and whoever else gets in their way, a great tribulation is occurring. If you had to flee in fear of your life and saw your father's head chopped off or your 7 year old sister being raped, wouldn't you think that you were going through a Great Tribulation? This is the beginning, the stage is being set. Sweden's influx of refugees resulted in the highest number of rapes per capita in the world. That's what they got for the Christmas holidays. And Obama wants to invite them over here, feed them, give them a home, while they eventually turn against us. Judgment Day is coming. We may not have to wait for a WWIII (as some have already stated has begun), but God may intervene like a thief in the night. He may send a couple asteroids our way? Btw, Planet X is no longer a myth, NASA just admitted and confirmed a ninth planet a week or so ago. So that 80's scientist (Harrington?) was accurate. He died mysteriously and his claims were refuted and were made out to be heretical. Some say, it's on it's way towards earth (with a couple asteroids following it) and you can actually see it on the horizon, at sunset, with a high powered infrared telescope of course. When? March, April of this year? Happy Easter! I do hope the pre-tribbers are right and before this happens, rapture me up thank you very much. Unfortunately, I think we'll have to go through the first six trumpet events before we are taken out at the seventh and last trumpet. At least we won't experience the seven bowls of wrath poured out. Have a nice day!
Oh, one more thing, might as well throw this in there too. The "woman clothed with the sun and the moon at her feet" in Rev. 12 is symbolically Israel and the child is Jesus. However, it is also a sign in the heavens. Virgo is a constellation that will appear clothed in the sun with moon at her feet with 12 stars around her head on Sept. 23, 2017. This exact constellation happened when Jesus was born as well, which was figured to be Sept. 11, 3 B.C.E. FYI

Reactions: Erie79
Upvote 0

John S

I'm Here - For Now
Nov 19, 2010
✟11,359.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It's interesting that in Islamic countries, like Libya, Syria, Iraq, and other countries where Islamic terrorism threatens Christianity, Judaism and whoever else gets in their way, a great tribulation is occurring. If you had to flee in fear of your life and saw your father's head chopped off or your 7 year old sister being raped, wouldn't you think that you were going through a Great Tribulation? This is the beginning, the stage is being set. Sweden's influx of refugees resulted in the highest number of rapes per capita in the world. That's what they got for the Christmas holidays. And Obama wants to invite them over here, feed them, give them a home, while they eventually turn against us. Judgment Day is coming. We may not have to wait for a WWIII (as some have already stated has begun), but God may intervene like a thief in the night. He may send a couple asteroids our way? Btw, Planet X is no longer a myth, NASA just admitted and confirmed a ninth planet a week or so ago. So that 80's scientist (Harrington?) was accurate. He died mysteriously and his claims were refuted and were made out to be heretical. Some say, it's on it's way towards earth (with a couple asteroids following it) and you can actually see it on the horizon, at sunset, with a high powered infrared telescope of course. When? March, April of this year? Happy Easter! I do hope the pre-tribbers are right and before this happens, rapture me up thank you very much. Unfortunately, I think we'll have to go through the first six trumpet events before we are taken out at the seventh and last trumpet. At least we won't experience the seven bowls of wrath poured out. Have a nice day!
Oh, one more thing, might as well throw this in there too. The "woman clothed with the sun and the moon at her feet" in Rev. 12 is symbolically Israel and the child is Jesus. However, it is also a sign in the heavens. Virgo is a constellation that will appear clothed in the sun with moon at her feet with 12 stars around her head on Sept. 23, 2017. This exact constellation happened when Jesus was born as well, which was figured to be Sept. 11, 3 B.C.E. FYI
Nonsense.

Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Interestingly, the secular world have a better idea that most Christians of what is coming

"They will say. Where is the promise of his coming ? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, ALL THINGS CONTINUE AS THEY WERE from the beginning of creation" (2 Peter 3:4).

Striking isn't it ?!.. Skepticism about the coming Apocalypse isn't as prevalent in the secular world, as it is in the Christian world. Who would have believed the prophetic warning of 2 Peter 3:4 would have applied to the Church at the time of the end. Yet this is the very ground we now find ourselves deployed on.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,186.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
"They will say. Where is the promise of his coming ? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, ALL THINGS CONTINUE AS THEY WERE from the beginning of creation" (2 Peter 3:4).

Striking isn't it ?!.. Skepticism about the coming Apocalypse isn't as prevalent in the secular world, as it is in the Christian world. Who would have believed the prophetic warning of 2 Peter 3:4 would have applied to the Church at the time of the end. Yet this is the very ground we now find ourselves deployed on.

Yep! But I don't think it is out right scoffing as it is everyone wants to see it from their own point of view. You know what I mean?

Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The philosopher Aristotle said "All great events in history repeat themselves at least twice". Karl Marx said the same thing only a little differently, referring to how epic historic events are repeated. "The first time it's a tragedy, and the second time it's a farce". I believe the events of 2015-2016, are mirroring those of 1938-1939 prior to the beginning of WWII.

The September 2015 Washington D.C. Summit which included the Pope, Vladimir Putin and the president of China Xi Jinping, which seceded the artificial islands in the South China Sea to China and the Crimea as well as occupied Ukraine to Russia in order to gain their military assistance in Syria, was essentially no different than concessions made at the Munich Convention in September 1938 that seceded the Sudenten Land to Germany.

By January 1939 over 320,000 Jews had fled Germany. Similarly, hundreds of thousands of Syrian and Iraqi refugees will hit Turkey and the shores of Europe in the Spring of 2016 in the greatest refugee crisis since the Second World War.

From January 12 to April 7, 1939 tensions between Germany and Poland increase, while Germany continues its' occupation of Czechoslovakia. Likewise, tensions between NATO and Russia have increased as Russia expands its' control of Syria and Iraq in 2015-2016.

The Japanese began training their carrier forces for the Pearl Harbor attack (Code named Divine Wind), in 1940. After conducting naval exercises simulating the blockade and invasion of Taiwan in 2015, China has sent its' carrier "Liaoning" CV 16 to the coast of Syria to get combat training experience for it's pilots. China also began moving it's DF-31A road mobile (MRBM) nuclear missile forces toward the Afghanistan border and U.S. forces located there in July, 2015.

According to STRATFOR, a global intelligence analysis magazine, "the down turn of the Russian and Chinese economies has now reached a critical point that will soon lead to political instability sometime in the near future", (March 27, 2015). Every Chinese general (equivalent in rank to the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff), has said publicly that War with the United States is inevitable.

Remember, economic pressure against Germany and embargos by the U.S. against Japan are what resulted in a Second World War. In December 2015 the United Nations passed a Climate Change accord that will impose severe economic sanctions against violators of the agreement, (Russia and China being among the two worst industrial polluters in the world).

My analysis is, that we are presently just about two or three years away from a global conflagration that will dwarf the Second World War. In other words, WELCOME TO THE APOCALYPSE.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,186.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Great facts. Thanks. Solomon said something similar.
Ecc. 1:
9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

10 Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.

Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe there is also a prophecy in Isaiah 19:18 about the language of Israel being spoken in Egypt in the Last Days. Egypt is the only Arab nation to have signed a lasting Peace Treaty with Israel in 1979. Egypt has also become an ally of the United States the Middle East. U.S. M1 Abrams main battle tanks are constructed there. That's where the U.S. sends its' prisoners in the War on Terror for interrogation. Referred to by the well known euphemism of being sent to "Visit the Pyramids".

On November 4, 2015 a Russian Metrojet Flight A321 was downed in Egypt's Sinai territory, which the Russians called an act of terrorism.

In Daniel 11:41 it says the Antichrist will invade Israel. In Daniel 11:42-43 it also says the land of Egypt will be invaded and occupied as well.

I think the stage has been set for these prophesied End Time events to take place in the not too distant future.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,186.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics