Is the Earth Flat?

Degrees of Earth flatness:

• It's not flat. It's a giant, spinning spaceball.

Votes: 90 82.6%
  • It's flat, but all the other planets are giant, spinning spaceballs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's flat, and a dome surrounds it.

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • It's flat, a dome surrounds it, and the Earth is the center of the universe.

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • It's flat, domed, and planets/stars are actually illusions/objects in the dome.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • It's all of the above, and the government is covering it all up at the behest of Satan.

Votes: 8 7.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I have met more than a couple of Flat Earthers right here on Christian Forums. It does not matter what footage you show them. It could be a live launch with footage from lift-off to orbit and they still won't believe it. They always outlast me on the topic where I just give up on the exchange.

I don't know why I find it so hard to ignore sometimes. I feel like "they need to hear this" but they don't care what I have to say most of the time. I've never reverted anyone.

Usually, they have religious motivations for believing it, and those motivations tend to make Christians look crazy. They put up a lot of stumbling blocks, and it's your instinct to try and stop that.

Upvote 0

Velaut

Sep 23, 2016
Belgium
✟69,570.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have met more than a couple of Flat Earthers right here on Christian Forums. It does not matter what footage you show them. It could be a live launch with footage from lift-off to orbit and they still won't believe it. They always outlast me on the topic where I just give up on the exchange.

I don't know why I find it so hard to ignore sometimes. I feel like "they need to hear this" but they don't care what I have to say most of the time. I've never reverted anyone.
Indeed, they don't care. They can't.
That goes to show how a personal conviction can be so strong that one is no longer capable to see facts or even to be reasonable. Doesn't only apply to flat earth as a conviction. Also viruses, vaccines, idols, etc.

All humans can fall for that but i guess some may be more prone to it than others hehe. Up to you to find out for yourself.

• Agree
Reactions: Thomas White
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Usually, they have religious motivations for believing it, and those motivations tend to make Christians look crazy. They put up a lot of stumbling blocks, and it's your instinct to try and stop that.

So if they make christians look crazy then they must be crazy for believing God created a flat and stationary earth.

The New Jerusalem fits really nice on a globe earth.

lBZf21-V4Chfgmwo8v1EPRhE0GxfpeqzHAaHYwebpyKnwvW4MdipzTx29RQqVDNjEOtGKASOX0qHpfK_s4p770rv5EsE46LYf63waN3smwWq

lzSqQTDBC3OXFLdxeAlz933Ydm8yQU5rLRbhlVg-txq1qKWood7YCV4J0P0yzaYiVty-cJQHO4Fp6JW1OiJOqJZCnYoDIKwZrZYYMBiJcqyg

Upvote 0

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
So if they make christians look crazy then they must be crazy for believing God created a flat and stationary earth.

The New Jerusalem fits really nice on a globe earth.

lBZf21-V4Chfgmwo8v1EPRhE0GxfpeqzHAaHYwebpyKnwvW4MdipzTx29RQqVDNjEOtGKASOX0qHpfK_s4p770rv5EsE46LYf63waN3smwWq

lzSqQTDBC3OXFLdxeAlz933Ydm8yQU5rLRbhlVg-txq1qKWood7YCV4J0P0yzaYiVty-cJQHO4Fp6JW1OiJOqJZCnYoDIKwZrZYYMBiJcqyg

Something tells me that you have not cast your vote.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
What choice should I have included? I am genuinely interested.

From the Bible there is God creating heaven and earth. God separated the waters from waters with a raqia. The created earth was a single piece of land surrounded by water and above the earth, water that is above the raqia. In the raqia God placed the sun, moon and stars. These are the created lights to give light on the earth.

• Informative
Reactions: Siddhi Koli
Upvote 0

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
From the Bible there is God creating heaven and earth. God separated the waters from waters with a raqia. The created earth was a single piece of land surrounded by water and above the earth, water that is above the raqia. In the raqia God placed the sun, moon and stars. These are the created lights to give light on the earth.

That's choice 5...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The "/" replaces the word "or" because of the word count on the question. Illusions or objects.

They are still not an illusion or objects. The Bible plainly states that God created a sun, moon and stars and placed them in the raqia. Not one mention of an object, Genesis 2 does say the host of heaven.

Upvote 0

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
They are still not an illusion or objects. The Bible plainly states that God created a sun, moon and stars and placed them in the raqia. Not one mention of an object, Genesis 2 does say the host of heaven.

What do you think an object is?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
At this point, you have contributed nothing to the conversation. Did you just come to argue?

I am not the one misrepresenting the creation account given in the Bible by saying in one of your choices. "planets/stars are actually illusions/objects in the dome."

I look at as if you were really interested in conducting an honest pole representing actual Biblical descriptions. You would have used the actual way the Bible states God created His creation.

It's flat, domed, and God placed in the raqia the sun, moon and stars to give light on the earth.

But no you used illusions/objects, so really what does that mean, but just a lack of respect for the Bibles descriptive account.

So you can say i am here just to argue, but i am not the one misrepresenting the creation account in the Bible.

Upvote 0

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I am not the one misrepresenting the creation account given in the Bible by saying in one of your choices. "planets/stars are actually illusions/objects in the dome."

I look at as if you were really interested in conducting an honest pole representing actual Biblical descriptions. You would have used the actual way the Bible states God created His creation.

It's flat, domed, and God placed in the raqia the sun, moon and stars to give light on the earth.

But no you used illusions/objects, so really what does that mean, but just a lack of respect for the Bibles descriptive account.

So you can say i am here just to argue, but i am not the one misrepresenting the creation account in the Bible.

If something can be seen and touched, it is an object. Now, you are just being ridiculous.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
If something can be seen and touched, it is an object. Now, you are just being ridiculous.

So what is wrong with calling them what they are, sun, moon and stars. Why do they need to be refereed to as objects

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.