Is the Earth Flat?

Degrees of Earth flatness:

• It's not flat. It's a giant, spinning spaceball.

Votes: 90 82.6%
  • It's flat, but all the other planets are giant, spinning spaceballs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's flat, and a dome surrounds it.

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • It's flat, a dome surrounds it, and the Earth is the center of the universe.

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • It's flat, domed, and planets/stars are actually illusions/objects in the dome.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • It's all of the above, and the government is covering it all up at the behest of Satan.

Votes: 8 7.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe the Earth is flat? If so, to what degree do you believe the Earth is flat?

B
byword
I don’t believe in flat earthers…

It’s a conflict that is intended to distract us-
Note the FE presence here… it isn’t divisive, but it’s designed to trigger our participation with NO measurable gain for either side, ever.
The whole thing is a red herring from OUTSIDE, tossed to us like chum… it’s like a feeding frenzy when we’re engaged in this hypnotic moth-versus-fire dance of folly and useless use of words.
Upvote 0
B
byword
By engaging, we invite them to into a discussion that would rival the dialogue between a JW and an Amway salesman.
Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,757.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
If you believe in the flat earth, you are asking me to believe the most successful conspiracy theory since the time of the ancient Greeks, through the time of the medieval Church to today.

If Rome couldn't survive that long, why should we expect the idea of round earth as a deliberate conspiracy, to survive that long?

• Agree
Reactions: tas8831
Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe the Earth is flat? If so, to what degree do you believe the Earth is flat?

I assume it to be round but would not care if it was flat or a flying potato.
The Bible does not teach on the overall shape because its a side issue that takes the focus off where it should be -Jesus.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟733,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I have met more than a couple of Flat Earthers right here on Christian Forums. It does not matter what footage you show them. It could be a live launch with footage from lift-off to orbit and they still won't believe it. They always outlast me on the topic where I just give up on the exchange.

I don't know why I find it so hard to ignore sometimes. I feel like "they need to hear this" but they don't care what I have to say most of the time. I've never reverted anyone.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have met more than a couple of Flat Earthers right here on Christian Forums. It does not matter what footage you show them. It could be a live launch with footage from lift-off to orbit and they still won't believe it. They always outlast me on the topic where I just give up on the exchange.

I don't know why I find it so hard to ignore sometimes. I feel like "they need to hear this" but they don't care what I have to say most of the time. I've never reverted anyone.

But does it matter if they want to believe the earth is flat? Does this belief affect their day to day life or faith? I don't think it does, no more than believing the earth is a globe does. People still wake up in the morning go about their day and turn in at night. They still read the Bible and go to worship. So ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Maybe I should stick to flying potato and see if it changes anything.

• Agree
Reactions: obscura
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
lol does anybody on this web site even believe in that. ... I mean real life flat earthers are pretty rare. If not for the internet, TV, and other media talking about conspiracy theories people wouldn't know about them. I suspect their many more Amish, Mandeans, Zoroastrians and Yezidi living than flat Eathers.

Upvote 0

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
lol does anybody on this web site even believe in that. ... I mean real life flat earthers are pretty rare. If not for the internet, TV, and other media talking about conspiracy theories people wouldn't know about them. I suspect their many more Amish, Mandeans, Zoroastrians and Yezidi living than flat Eathers.

Unfortunately, they are not as rare as they once were. I know several just in my personal life.

• Informative
Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Unfortunately, they are not as rare as they once were. I know several just in my personal life.

Wow I would almost think there are more "Jedi" (People who decided to follow the Star wars religion) than that.

• Haha
Reactions: Thomas White
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,660.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
That would take some doing...but it's an idea that should be explored...
tulc(cue "X-Files" music) :eek:
Since posting my earlier comment I've discussed the matter with my cat and she refuses to say anything about it. Definitely suspicious!

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟733,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
But does it matter if they want to believe the earth is flat? Does this belief affect their day to day life or faith? I don't think it does, no more than believing the earth is a globe does. People still wake up in the morning go about their day and turn in at night. They still read the Bible and go to worship. So ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Maybe I should stick to flying potato and see if it changes anything.
That is why I don't spend much time on it. It really doesn't affect me in any way. I don't have a round Earth ministry. The phenomenon does fascinate me though I must say.

• Agree
Reactions: revybub
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.