small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
My proofs are based in the words of the Bible. You want to prove me wrong then prove the Bible is just a man created book. Then i will declare there is no God and that science is truthful in their lies.

Science is unable to address the existence of a God and even if the Bible were entirely a human artifact, that too would have no bearing on the existence of God.

I speak now as a scientist and for scientists "We are not liars. We seek the truth in all honesty. We also resent your completely unfounded and rather malicious accusations."

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My proofs are based in the words of the Bible. You want to prove me wrong then prove the Bible is just a man created book. Then i will declare there is no God and that science is truthful in their lies.

Your "proofs" have nothing to do with the Bible. The moon's self-illumination and the orbital altitude of the ISS have nothing to do with the words of the Bible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
19. there are certainly other effects that I have missed

Good list. I might add:

20. Change in position of the stars with latitude (this is what convinced the ancient Greeks).
21. Ships being hidden by the curve of the earth (starting with the hull) as they sail away (this also helped convince the ancient Greeks).
22. Measured distances (and aircraft flying times) between cities, especially in the southern hemisphere.
23. Expeditions to the poles.

• Informative
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The space is very cold, if the earh were flat it too were very cold but the world has a warm middle inside of cooking lava to heat it from the inside and the world is placed right near the the sun where it is neither too warm or too cold if we were to take care of the world properly.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The space is very cold, if the earh were flat it too were very cold but the world has a warm middle inside of cooking lava to heat it from the inside and the world is placed right near the the sun where it is neither too warm or too cold if we were to take care of the world properly.

Heat from inside the earth contributes only 0.03% to the earth's energy budget at the surface. It is negligible. 99.97% of the heat comes from the gigantic ball of fire which we call the sun.

1280px-The-NASA-Earth%27s-Energy-Budget-Poster-Radiant-Energy-System-satellite-infrared-radiation-fluxes.jpg

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Heat from inside the earth contributes only 0.03% to the earth's energy budget at the surface. It is negligible. 99.97% of the heat comes from the gigantic ball of fire which we call the sun.

1280px-The-NASA-Earth%27s-Energy-Budget-Poster-Radiant-Energy-System-satellite-infrared-radiation-fluxes.jpg
How did they calculate that? Interesting though, why would the world have burning lava inside if it were not much purpose for it. We have heard of the hellspeculations though. In icelandthey have hot springs from geisers. Ok the sun is hot we know that. But here where I live the sun is either very far away or close, right now it is far away and we all get a bit drowsy and sad.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How did they calculate that?

It's measurable. From the change in temperature with depth, you can work out how much heat is seeping up. The temperature in deep mines at 4 km (2.5 mi) deep gets to about 66 °C (151 °F). People can only work there with serious cooling.

Interesting though, why would the world have burning lava inside if it were not much purpose for it.

There might not be any purpose in the lava.

What is very important, however, is that the core is hot enough to melt iron. The melted iron moving around creates the earth's magnetic field, and the magnetic field protects us from some of the sun's harmful radiation.

See Earth's magnetic field - Wikipedia

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's measurable. From the change in temperature with depth, you can work out how much heat is seeping up. The temperature in deep mines at 4 km (2.5 mi) deep gets to about 66 °C (151 °F). People can only work there with serious cooling.

There might not be any purpose in the lava.

What is very important, however, is that the core is hot enough to melt iron. The melted iron moving around creates the earth's magnetic field, and the magnetic field protects us from some of the sun's harmful radiation.

See Earth's magnetic field - Wikipedia

Thank You, Radagast, do You mean that the magnetic field keep the ozonprotection layer in place? I usually heat our sauna to 60-80 degrees celsius so I understand that working in that hot temperature requires cooling now and then.

Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank You, Radagast, do You mean that the magnetic field keep the ozonprotection layer in place? I usually heat our sauna to 60-80 degrees celsius so I understand that working in that hot temperature requires cooling now and then.

No, the ozone layer protects against ultraviolet light.

The magnetic field protects against other dangerous radiation (those cosmic rays which are charged particles). Cosmic rays are why people will never be able to safely walk around in the sunlight on Mars for more than a short time.

Interesting point about the sauna.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
It is negligible. 99.97% of the heat comes from the gigantic ball of fire which we call the sun.
It is interesting how these lies are just spewed out and accepted. Without a shred of evidence it is especially disappointing that this accepted by christians and even passed along as true.

You are big science person if the sun is a big ball of fire just show one actual photo or live recording of this fire ball.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are big science person if the sun is a big ball of fire just show one actual photo or live recording of this fire ball.

Sigh. :sigh:

You can measure the distance to the sun. It's about 150,000,000 km. That means the sun is pretty big.

If you'll bother to go outside on a sunny day, you'll notice it's pretty hot too.

And here's the sun on a slo-mo, at different wavelengths:

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some believe that the "continent" of Antarctica is, in actuality, this ice-wall.

... in spite of the various expeditions that have crossed the South Pole, and the entire American base currently sitting on it.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Sigh. :sigh:

You can measure the distance to the sun. It's about 150,000,000 km. That means the sun is pretty big.

If you'll bother to go outside on a sunny day, you'll notice it's pretty hot too.

And here's the sun on a slo-mo, at different wavelengths:

Light can give off heat it does not take a fire ball to be hot, just grab a incandescent light bulb while it is own.

Google photo of sun and you get this.
photo of the sun - Google Search

and mixed in among these imaginary images are a few actual photos of the sun which do not even come close to being like the artist created images.

Artist created sun.
Artist sun.jpg

Actual photo of the sun
DSCN4727Coolpix B700+.jpg

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Light can give off heat it does not take a fire ball to be hot, just grab a incandescent light bulb while it is own.

Light and heat are two different things. An incandescent light bulb produces both, because it contains a filament heated up to white heat.

Google photo of sun

Those are mostly photographs taken from space at different wavelengths.

You can also take pictures through a solar telescope; they look like this:

SunHalpha_Sean_341px.jpg

As you correctly point out, this does indeed look different from an overexposed blurry picture taken by an amateur photographer with an ordinary camera.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Light and heat are two different things. An incandescent light bulb produces both, because it contains a filament heated up to white heat.

Those are mostly photographs taken from space at different wavelengths.

You can also take pictures through a solar telescope; they look like this:

SunHalpha_Sean_341px.jpg

As you correctly point out, this does indeed look different from an overexposed blurry picture taken by an amateur photographer with an ordinary camera.
I will call it like i see it just a big lie

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well, if it is a lie, it is one that is supported by massive evidence. I see no evidence in nor do I find it all convincing to call everyone you disagree with a liar. Quite counterproductive actually.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, if it is a lie, it is one that is supported by massive evidence. I see no evidence in nor do I find it all convincing to call everyone you disagree with a liar. Quite counterproductive actually.

This is the essence of the nature of the flat earth challenge.

They declare (rather than argue) that their views are true.
They say that anyone who doesn't agree is a liar or a stooge.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I stand with the Bible as my truth and information about God and His creation. I do not need, pagan sciences input.

Upvote 0