Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I just simply do not believe you over the clear teaching from the Bible. You are just majorly deceived.
So you believe The Messiah was lying when He said the stars will fall to earth or either He was not as learned as our current scientist and just thought the stars are in the raqia when actually the stars are out in space.

What about the part in Acts 2:20 when it is said that the moon will turn to blood? Do you believe that the moon literally turns into a big ball of blood? Isn't it more realistic that a lunar eclipse is most likely what's being described?

Upvote 0

steve78

Jan 18, 2011
✟18,341.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
I just simply do not believe you over the clear teaching from the Bible. You are just majorly deceived.
So you believe The Messiah was lying when He said the stars will fall to earth or either He was not as learned as our current scientist and just thought the stars are in the raqia when actually the stars are out in space.

No Jesus was not lying its just that you fail to understand scripture. Jesus is talking about metorites and asteroids. Heard of the term shooting stars, those are not stars just tiny metorites.

• Agree
Reactions: Jos A
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Iss 250+ miles in the sky
iss.jpg

Red bull jump 20 miles in the sky
Red bull.jpg

no difference in height or actually the red bull looks higher

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,150.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Last edited:
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
What about the part in Acts 2:20 when it is said that the moon will turn to blood? Do you believe that the moon literally turns into a big ball of blood? Isn't it more realistic that a lunar eclipse is most likely what's being described?
That is what the verse says look up strongs and the word is blood
Strong's Greek: 129. αἷμα (haima) -- blood

verse 19 also mentions blood and fire
I will show wonders in the heavens above
and signs on the earth below, blood and fire and billows of smoke.

God turned the Nile to blood in Exodus, do you not believe He can not turn the Moon to blood

Yall see this as a big joke, and we have life easy but a time is coming when it is going to get tough, trouble is coming for somebody.

They were trampled in the winepress outside the city, and blood flowed out of the press, rising as high as the horses' bridles for a distance of 1,600 stadia.
https://biblehub.com/isaiah/63-1.htm
When the Messiah returns His garments will be stained with blood (and it is not His own).
Isaiah 63
Who is this that cometh from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah? this that is glorious in his apparel, travelling in the greatness of his strength? I that speak in righteousness, mighty to save…
Why is Your apparel red,
And Your garments like one who treads in the winepress?
“I have trodden the winepress alone,
And from the peoples no one was with Me.
For I have trodden them in My anger,
And trampled them in My fury;
Their blood is sprinkled upon My garments,
And I have stained all My robes.
For the day of vengeance is in My heart,
And the year of My redeemed has come.
I looked, but there was no one to help,
And I wondered
That there was no one to uphold;
Therefore My own arm brought salvation for Me;
And My own fury, it sustained Me.
I have trodden down the peoples in My anger,
Made them drunk in My fury,
And brought down their strength to the earth.”

I believe most people (christians) think the Bible is a neat little book with little stories to make movies about.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,150.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
That is what the verse says look up strongs and the word is blood
Strong's Greek: 129. αἷμα (haima) -- blood

verse 19 also mentions blood and fire
I will show wonders in the heavens above
and signs on the earth below, blood and fire and billows of smoke.

God turned the Nile to blood in Exodus, do you not believe He can not turn the Moon to blood

Yall see this as a big joke, and we have life easy but a time is coming when it is going to get tough, trouble is coming for somebody.

They were trampled in the winepress outside the city, and blood flowed out of the press, rising as high as the horses' bridles for a distance of 1,600 stadia.
When the Messiah returns His garments will be stained with blood (and it is not His own).
Isaiah 63
Who is this that cometh from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah? this that is glorious in his apparel, travelling in the greatness of his strength? I that speak in righteousness, mighty to save…
Why is Your apparel red,
And Your garments like one who treads in the winepress?
“I have trodden the winepress alone,
And from the peoples no one was with Me.
For I have trodden them in My anger,
And trampled them in My fury;
Their blood is sprinkled upon My garments,
And I have stained all My robes.
For the day of vengeance is in My heart,
And the year of My redeemed has come.
I looked, but there was no one to help,
And I wondered
That there was no one to uphold;
Therefore My own arm brought salvation for Me;
And My own fury, it sustained Me.
I have trodden down the peoples in My anger,
Made them drunk in My fury,
And brought down their strength to the earth.”

I believe most people (christians) think the Bible is a neat little book with little stories to make movies about.

Where as, you read it to suit your very 'own' unique belief system!

Reactions: Jadis40
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Except the idea of a heliocentric solar system (the reality) goes back to the Greeks - Aristarchus of Samos. Copernicus and Galileo followed in his footsteps. Kepler came up with the laws of planetary motion. I'm with them on this issue, instead of a flat earth enclosed in a dome that fits better into a fantasy world. A self-illuminating moon only 30, 50 or 100 miles across is also fantasy - the moon is 1738.1 km wide at the equator.

This is fantasy:

https://cdn-static.denofgeek.com/si...blic/2018/05/discworld_main.jpg?itok=OtL6BnFX

Aristarchus also came up with a pretty good estimate for the size of the Moon, given the crude instruments available:
Aristarchus also figured out how to measure the size of the Moon. During a lunar eclipse, he measured the duration of time between the moment when the edge of the Moon first entered the umbra and the moment when the Moon was first totally obscured. He also measured the duration of totality. Because he found the two times to be the same, he concluded that the width of the Earth's shadow at the distance where the Moon crosses it must be twice the diameter of the Moon.

Therefore, the Moon must be about half as big as the Earth. Note that he already knew the approximate size of the Earth. (edit: From Eratosthenes) Actually, the Moon is about 1/4 as big as the Earth.

Aristarchus

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I may have not proved that the earth is flat but i have proved that the moon light is not because of reflecting the suns light.

The moons light is of its own origin, just like the Bible states.

In the two posted videos, I recorded a section/area of the moon. The first recording #3, i record the moon's land area section at around 5:30 p.m. November 16, 2018.

The second recording #4 is recorded at around 8:30 p.m. November 16, 2018 the recording is of the same land area section.

In these recording it can be clearly seen that the shadows of the moon do not move even though an amount of time has passed (3 hrs) and the moon has turned/rotated a few degrees.

This proves, (shadows not changing or moving on the moon), that the light is not from the sun. Because anyone knows that the earth is lit by the light of the sun and that shadows are in constant motion on the earth and change with the moving of the sun.

Video #3 filmed at around 5:30

Video #4 filmed at around 8:30

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I may have not proved that the earth is flat but i have proved that the moon light is not because of reflecting the suns light.

In the two posted videos, I recorded a section/area of the moon. The first recording #3, i record the moon's land area section at around 5:30 p.m. November 16, 2018.

The second recording #4 is recorded at around 8:30 p.m. November 16, 2018 the recording is of the same land area section.

In these recording it can be clearly seen that the shadows of the moon do not move even though an amount of time has passed (3 hrs) and the moon has turned/rotated a few degrees.

This proves, (shadows not changing or moving on the moon), that the light is not from the sun. Because anyone knows that the earth is lit by the light of the sun and that shadows are in constant motion on the earth and change with the moving of the sun.

I see no resemblance in the topography of the two areas photographed, but you claim they are the same area. Moreover in 3 hours we would expect the moon to turn on its axis about 1.61 degrees and not the "few degrees" you suggest. Given the resolution of those photos, I suggest you can conclude absolutely nothing even if they were of exactly the same area.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If I'm not mistaken, ... the shadows have changed.

For reference, see the difference in the shadow in the one crater (with the crown in the middle) featured in the two video stops shown below ...

The shadow is different ...

upload_2018-11-21_8-17-4.png

And here's your dilemma ... there really should not be shadows ... if the moon were self-illuminating ... let alone, shadows that change ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
If I'm not mistaken, ... the shadows have changed.

For reference, see the difference in the shadow in the one crater (with the crown in the middle) featured in the two video stops shown below ...

The shadow is different ...

The two photos indicate that they were taken very close to the moon's terminator when the sun is shining at a highly oblique angle. In such a situation a few hours can make a big difference. To give a down to earth example. When you stand directly under a street light you are literally standing on your own shadow. As you move directly away from the light you notice your shadow gradually getting longer slowly at first and then more rapidly even though you are walking at the same speed.

And here's your dilemma ... there really should not be shadows ... if the moon were self-illuminating ... let alone, shadows that change ...

Don't confuse the matter with troublesome facts. ;)

• Useful
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

No, it's reflected sunlight. That's been known from antiquity, because of eclipses. It's confirmed by the fact that the spectrum of lunar light is the same as of solar light.

Your videos prove nothing.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The two photos indicate that they were taken very close to the moon's terminator when the sun is shining at a highly oblique angle. In such a situation a few hours can make a big difference.

We should note that the moon is tidally locked to the earth, so that we always see the same face.

Also, the most visible effect of the incidence of the sun's light upon the moon's surface ... is reflected in the phases of the moon. The moon's phase takes a while (more than a few hours) to change. The shadows on the moon would change consistently with the phase.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The two photos indicate that they were taken very close to the moon's terminator when the sun is shining at a highly oblique angle. In such a situation a few hours can make a big difference.

Shadows change on the earth because of the earth's rotation.

Shadows change on the moon because of the moon's rotation.

The earth makes a complete rotation once per day.

The moon makes a complete rotation once per approximately 28 earth days.

The change in moon shadows would be approximately 1/28th of what you would see on Earth in the same time period.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
It proves that you and others love the lies of science over the truth of the Bible.

The Biblical writers spoke of the world out of their understandings at that time. The truths they wrote of were spiritual not physical truths for the most part.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
A_Thinker --- I am well aware of the mechanics of the rotation of the earth and moon and of the tidal forces involved. I agree with all you pointed out but that does not change anything in my comments about the rate of movement of shadows on the moon when near the terminator.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A_Thinker --- I am well aware of the mechanics of the rotation of the earth and moon and of the tidal forces involved. I agree with all you pointed out but that does not change anything in my comments about the rate of movement of shadows on the moon when near the terminator.

I am not arguing against your point expressed above, ... but only noting that changes in shadowing on the moon occur at a much slower rate than similar changes on Earth ... where those changes will be observed to occur 28 times faster.

Thus, the change in the shadows in d taylor's videos is about what one would expect given an understanding of the moon's rotation.

• Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The Biblical writers spoke of the world out of their understandings at that time. The truths they wrote of were spiritual not physical truths for the most part.
This certainly shows it is, in most cases a futile task to show people that the Bible is true.

I will say this your theology obviously, must first past scientific approval. I wonder how the scientific theology approach explains other miracles in the Bible: Example the axe head floating

The disciples of the prophets said to Elisha, “The place where we’re staying is too small for us. Let’s go to the Jordan River. Each of us can get some logs and make a place for us to live there.”
Elisha said, “Go ahead.”
Then one of the disciples asked, “Won’t you please come with us?”
Elisha answered, “I’ll go.”
So he went with them. They came to the Jordan River and began to cut down trees. As one of them was cutting down a tree, the ax head fell into the water. He cried out, “Oh no, master! It was borrowed!”

The man of God asked, “Where did it fall?” When he showed Elisha the place, Elisha cut off a piece of wood. He threw it into the water at that place and made the ax head float. Elisha said, “Pick it up.” The disciple reached for it and picked it up.

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I got a classmate from the class that was over me whose family took a year off and sailed around the world. They did not fall off either. She was also certain that the globe is round. You know it is also round because it gets darker in the evening in different parts of the world - like near the equator in the summer in Europe it gets darker at ten. Near the northern Europe it is rather light all night though in summer because we are closer to the sun. In winter it is the opposite, it is almost always dark or dusky in the northern Europe. Because we are far from the sun, it is because the world is a globe.

Upvote 0