• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Is science good?

Discussion in 'Physical & Life Sciences' started by dad, Jun 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A_Thinker

A_Thinker Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,659
    Christian
    Married
    Judge Moore ... the pedophile ???

How did Science have anything to do with the "persecution" of Judge Moore ?

Your reaching is becoming destructive to your argument, I'm afraid ...

2. Kylie

Kylie Atheist and Proud

+2,979
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    I disagree. Science is an investigation of reality. If the Bible is true when it says reality is proof of the work of God (see Romans 1:20, Psalm 19:1-3, Acts 14:15-17, et al), then surely you must conclude that an unbiased investigation of reality will point to God.

Actually, the Bible makes it quite clear that until they ate from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, they had no concept of being good or being bad. Thus they could not understand that it was bad to eat from the tree.

3. AV1611VET

AV1611VET SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE Supporter

+40,416
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    That is empiricalism used against God's commandment.
    Then you need a new username.
    Here we go.

First you said:
    And when I give one, you suddenly broaden the focus.

Do you want to address my point about what occurred in the Garden of Eden?

Because I'm not going to do a country-by-country walk through history with you.

It STARTED in the Garden of Eden, fueled by empirical science.

4. AV1611VET

+40,416
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    The judge who was displaying the Ten Commandments.

5. A_Thinker

+3,659
    Christian
    Married
    This is blatant spinning ... not really even worthy of consideration.

You, as well as I, KNOW that the heart of ORIGINAL and ONGOING sin is the HEART of man (i.e. nothing from the OUTSIDE) ...

Matthew 25:18-20

" ... For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, slander. These are what defile a person. ...”

6. A_Thinker

+3,659
    Christian
    Married
    I think it is better to keep the Ten Commandments (i.e. keep your hands off of young girls) ... rather than to display them ...

7. The IbanezerScrooge

The IbanezerScrooge Active Member

+484
    Atheist
    Private
    No, it isn't.

It has no universal tenets that must be followed. It has no holy book that must be interpreted. Atheism is the answer to a single question: "Do you believe there are any gods?" If the answer to that question is a definitive "no" you are an atheist. Anything else you believe are your own personal beliefs and, while they may be informed by your atheism no particular belief is a requirement other than your belief about the non-existence of gods. There are atheists who believe in UFOs, Big Foot, Eastern medicine, cupping, ghosts... There's nothing about atheism that requires you to be consistent in your non-belief because there are no tenets.

8. AV1611VET

+40,416
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    It is a form of worship, according to the Bible.

Romans 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

9. The IbanezerScrooge

+484
    Atheist
    Private
    But, it isn't. Why should I care what your holy book says or how you interpret it?

10. Speedwell

Speedwell Well-Known Member

+8,860
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    Worship, whether of "the creature" or anything else, is not a part of atheism.

11. AV1611VET

+40,416
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Your future depends on It.

12. AV1611VET

+40,416
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    "The creature," in this case, is creation (a.k.a., the universe).

It is enounced: cree-ay-chur -- not: cree-chur.

13. The IbanezerScrooge

+484
    Atheist
    Private
    No it doesn't. No more than your future depends on what is written in the Bhagavad Gita.

14. Speedwell

Speedwell Well-Known Member

+8,860
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    You are correct. My point still stands: atheists do not worship the universe.

15. dad

dad On the winning side Supporter

+1,181
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Bad so called fraudulent phony so called science is that which uses preconceptions and beliefs to hatch God opposing truth.

The error is that it is a bunch of beliefs and attitude and making stuff up to fit their godless contrived paradigm. To call that science is error.

The proof is in the pudding. One can read the fables and stories and claims of false science and compare them with what the Almighty said! If they agreed, rather than directly contradict and oppose Scripture, well we would not suspect some different inspiration!

As for actual science of the real world that is easy to look at also. Put the good things on one side of a paper and the bad things on the other side. Then try and determine if one side or the other is stronger or weaker. Next, express an opinion, if overall, you think science (including the false so called origin sciences) are good or bad overall.

16. dad

+1,181
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    In respect to what is worshiped or prominent in PEOPLE'S eyes, science is front and center these days. (not to God, of course, to Whom it is foolishness)

17. dad

+1,181
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Science represents knowledge. There were wise learned mean all through history and they used their magic or knowledge to fight God, as we saw in Egypt. Babylon had it's wise men, and Rome had considerable accumulated knowledge, technology (weapons, road building, etc). The New Testament talks of people who thought they made themselves wise but were fools.

18. FreeinChrist

FreeinChrist CF Advisory team Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+9,459
    Belize
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Democrat
    ADVISOR HAT

[​IMG]

Enough. There is flaming. This thread is closed.

From the Statement of Purpose for this forum:

Physical & Life Sciences Statement of Purpose

The Physical & Life Sciences forum is a discussion and debate area on physics, biology, chemistry and other physical sciences. Other physical sciences may include but is not limited to astronomy, earth science, archeology, climate change, ecology, geology, oceanography and energy.

Physical Sciences address the nature and properties of non-living systems while life sciences address the nature and properties of living matter. This may include the way two or more of these have an effect on each other between observation, theory, deduction and application.

It is not a forum to flame science, Christianity, or to discuss Judge Moore.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.