• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Is science good?

Discussion in 'Physical & Life Sciences' started by dad, Jun 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lasthero

lasthero Newbie

+2,220
    Seeker
    Find a cave to live in. We’ll get by without you, somehow.

2. A_Thinker

A_Thinker Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,618
    Christian
    Married
    Is that the way you see the Grand Canyon ?

Do you not see how subjective that is ?

3. AV1611VET

AV1611VET SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE Supporter

+40,416
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Yes.
    No.

Mind if I key your brand new car and see if you get all dreamy-eyed about it?

4. A_Thinker

A_Thinker Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,618
    Christian
    Married
    How could you possibly know how God feels about the Grand Canyon ?

Has it occurred to you that God set His earthly temple upon a similar discontinuity in the smoothness of the Earth (i.e. Mt. Zion) ?

5. AV1611VET

+40,416
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    What? :scratch:

If you disagree with the point I made, just say so.

6. dad

dad On the winning side Supporter

+1,181
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    So you claim nothing more than physical exists? If so, and science cannot deal in anything more..how would you know!? Furthermore why would all history all over the world lie?

7. dad

+1,181
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Quite a dismal view of ancient history. Seems to me Abraham dies at what was it, 180 years old? Noah at over 900! Moses weighed in at 120. John was in his nineties probably on Patmos.

Nobody wants to die from a pesticide factory explosion, or in a nuclear blast, or even worse from radiation poisoning etc etc. The choice is not to accept what is called science, fables and all, or die in a field at 30!
    Tinkering with our genetic nature, when done by sinners is a dangerous business. Not all roses and sunshine.
    A bunch of evil fallen men some inspired by demons sitting around discussing ethics!!!!? Ha. God gave us the scoop on that.
    Only thing worse than a good honest sinner is a pontificating person pretending they are the essence of wisdom and perfection.
    School kids blown to smithereens or wounded to death at Hiroshima could not ignore it.
    Got a better plan, we will rule the world with Jesus soon and boot the folks who will not repent off of it.

8. dad

+1,181
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Truth be told believers are in training as royalty to rule the planet and more forever. The illegal aliens who reject Jesus will be extradited to hell in a handbasket. Meanwhile in this smelly sinful ol world, we are to use it the best we can. Use it, enjoy it, thank God for the good in it, while praying for protection against all the evil. We are not going anywhere....for long! This world is His. What is His is ours!

9. Halbhh

Halbhh The wonder and awe of "all things" Supporter

+4,231
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Question: Is science a good thing, like engineering, or agricultural technology?

Answer: generally it's merely the attempt to understand Nature. And whether we can handle that understanding and power it unleashes depends on our morality.

At one time, we were not moral enough, and God intervened to prevent a too-rapid advance (Babel).

10. AV1611VET

+40,416
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    :oldthumbsup:

11. lasthero

lasthero Newbie

+2,220
    Seeker
    What a sad life you live.

12. AV1611VET

+40,416
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Why do you think that?

13. Speedwell

Speedwell Well-Known Member

+8,787
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    People who pine for violent retribution against their enemies are sad.

14. Hans Blaster

Hans Blaster New Member

+54
    Atheist
    Private
    Oh, the hours I've spent inside the Coliseum
    Dodging lions and wastin' time
    Oh, those mighty kings of the jungle
    I could hardly stand to see 'em
    Yes, it sure has been a long, hard climb
    -- someone wiser than either of us

Given the OP, I didn't think serious posts were actually expected.

Sorry, don't care what it says, and this forum is about science anyway.

15. AV1611VET

+40,416
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Cause: Don't care what it says.

Effect: Sorry.

16. dad

+1,181
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    I guess the royal life is not for all. But all who want His eternal life can have it for the asking. So the folks leaving the planet will have booked their own flight. Not sure how you perceive such an amazing and glorious future to be sad.

17. dad

+1,181
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Those saying the Lord's prayer pray for that all the time...thy kingdom come.

18. dad

+1,181
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Nor would I expect serious posts were possible from some posts I read. :)

Science doesn't care and that is why it has ended up a demonic spinner of tales. I do care what the wicked God haters think. I like to know what not to do and what are lies!

Anyhow, I take it you are weighing in that you think science is good?

19. SelfSim

SelfSim A non "-ist"

+563
    Humanist
    Private
    Translation:
    'Science treats untestable beliefs with respect .. by handling them with indifference .. so I'll fill in that void by demonising it'.

Translation:
    'I use only my personal perceptions of offensiveness, to make the distinction between 'lies' and 'honesty' .. even when offensiveness is not evident'.

Translation:
    'I need others to have personal opinions in order to categorize them as as 'haters' and 'dishonest' .. even when opinions aren't evident.'

20. The IbanezerScrooge

The IbanezerScrooge Active Member

+480
    Atheist
    Private
    Third option: There are no gods. This is the most parsimonious explanation given all the different beliefs about gods, people's inability to show any sort of actual evidence for such beings and what we actually observe about how reality works and what is happening in the world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.