Is it sinful to have a Homosexual Orientation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmylouwho

Sep 5, 2019
New York
✟16,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Widowed
Upvote 0

HatedByAll

Changed by the Grace of God
Sep 13, 2019
Southeast
✟61,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are you gay?
Why do you ask?
No particular reason. It’s like asking if you’re vegan.
I hate to say this but you are obviously clueless. Asking a guy, any guy if they are gay is the same as calling them gay. It is an accusation that most guys have heard when they were growing up. Some more than others due to factors such as their size and how masculine they appeared and acted. But take it from a guy, and if you don't believe it ask two or three guys you know, every guy just cringes when asked that question because when they were young that was probably the first thing every one of them heard from anyone who tried to bully them.

If I guy was not bullied by an older or bigger guy by being asked if they were gay, or called gay, it is likely that they were the one doing the asking. Guys by no means take that as an innocent question.

Upvote 0

Emmylouwho

Sep 5, 2019
New York
✟16,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Widowed
I hate to say this but you are obviously clueless. Asking a guy, any guy if they are gay is the same as calling them gay. It is an accusation that most guys have heard when they were growing up. Some more than others due to factors such as their size and how masculine they appeared and acted. But take it from a guy, and if you don't believe it ask two or three guys you know, every guy just cringes when asked that question because when they were young that was probably the first thing every one of them heard from anyone who tried to bully them.

If I guy was not bullied by an older or bigger guy by being asked if they were gay, or called gay, it is likely that they were the one doing the asking. Guys by no means take that as an innocent question.
I know a zillion guys, many of them gay. I have never heard any of them complain the way you do. You are incredibly uncomfortable and uneasy when it comes to talking about homosexuality. I haven’t encountered that in the secular world. You seem overly defensive about something that doesn’t need that sort of defense.

Upvote 0

Rebecca4Christ

Servant
Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2019
Central U.S.
✟129,167.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I know a zillion guys, many of them gay. I have never heard any of them complain the way you do. You are incredibly uncomfortable and uneasy when it comes to talking about homosexuality. I haven’t encountered that in the secular world. You seem overly defensive about something that doesn’t need that sort of defense.
Are YOU gay Emmylou,or just defensive because you love some people who are gay?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rebecca4Christ

Servant
Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2019
Central U.S.
✟129,167.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Who knows?
No one is 100% certain.But those of us who live in relationship with God have the evidence we need to trust and believe what He said about it.
If you ever want to talk more about it,feel free to send me a direct message.I don't want to force anything on you publicly.:sorry:

Upvote 0

Rebecca4Christ

Servant
Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2019
Central U.S.
✟129,167.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
When I said defensive,I didn't mean in a totally negative way,I meant since you've kept coming to the defense of the OP.
Usually people do that because they have an emotional involvement somewhere.So,I stand corrected.

Upvote 0

Emmylouwho

Sep 5, 2019
New York
✟16,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Widowed
No one is 100% certain.But those of us who live in relationship with God have the evidence we need to trust and believe what He said about it.
If you ever want to talk more about it,feel free to send me a direct message.I don't want to force anything on you publicly.:sorry:
I have a love and protective spirit for the underdog, and gay people are clearly the underd

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I believe that the vast majority of homosexuals are that way because of various things that have happened in their lives. They may be more predisposed in that direction, but most have some defining factors in their lives that pushed them that way. The human brain is so complex and I don't think we have a complete understanding of how it is affected by the things that happen to us.

I heard a gay speaker, that overcame his homosexuality and he talked about all the research done in this area. So at least there is enough evidence that gay people are not always born that way. Maybe some are. But it appears that most moved that direction after certain factors in their lives. I don't believe it's a "choice", like "I was hetero yesterday, but today I choose to be gay." I think it's a move towards that based upon the effects of life experience that moves a person that direction and its not a conscious decision.
I've never seen any research that supports the idea you are posting here. Can you share some?

Side question: If that speaker "overcame his homosexuality" why do you refer to him as gay?

Upvote 0

Rebecca4Christ

Servant
Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2019
Central U.S.
✟129,167.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I have a love and protective spirit for the underdog, and gay people are clearly the underd
I am the same way.The only difference is that I love gay people enough I want to pull them from the fire,rather than coddle them straight to hell.
We will all stand before God and be judged.Those who are unrepentant will be sent to God's jail for eternity.Gay or straight,if we don't believe the gospel of Christ we perish.
Jesus died for us all,now that's LOVE.

Upvote 0

Emmylouwho

Sep 5, 2019
New York
✟16,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Widowed
I am the same way.The only difference is that I love gay people enough I want to pull them from the fire,rather than coddle them straight to hell.
We will all stand before God and be judged.Those who are unrepentant will be sent to God's jail for eternity.Gay or straight,if we don't believe the gospel of Christ we perish.
Jesus died for us all,now that's LOVE.
Um. Yeah, that’s a huge difference.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.