Is it sinful to have a Homosexual Orientation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Where exactly in the bible is that written, emmylou ?
It is in a newer, un-God-ordained, contrary to TORAH,
"tradition" trumps Scripture, imaginary Bible. (like some oral tradition, similar to what Jesus did not accept)....

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you study sexual interactions at your local bar, you'll find that Non-Gays do approach people seeking sex. So it's not a one way thing.
Non-gays do not approach gays in order to convert them for sex.

Beside's it is not a non-gay contention that gender is fixed.

It is gays that maintain the fixed nature of their gender and in order to maintain consistency with that stance they should not try to convert non-gays to their orientation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Emmylouwho

Sep 5, 2019
New York
✟16,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Widowed
Where exactly in the bible is that written, emmylou ?
I don’t live my life by what the Bible says. Do you? Not being flippant. Do you live your life by what the Bible says? PLEASE don’t give me a Bible verse as response. Tell me from the hip or the heart, anything other than a biblical quote. I want to hear from YOU.

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Because that is not the case and men need to have male relationships as well to be healthy.
It is very much the case! I have never ever been invited anywhere near a woman in the Church. The only meaningful Christian female contact I have ever had is the time I spent on missions, where they were forced into my company by the nature of the work.
When a person is known to live, eat sleep etc 24/7 with men for a month or so at a time, and has done so for the last 30 or so years, do you perhaps think that more male contact would provide anything of use?
I'll give you a clue, the very last thing a normal heterosexual man wants to do when he escapes from this sort of solitude is hang around with another man, particularly when it's some guy or guys who think they are macho grunters who want to go hunting and fishing or whatever other "manly" excersise they want to do. On the other hand, perhaps a homosexual guy would be happy for this to happen.

Upvote 0

Emmylouwho

Sep 5, 2019
New York
✟16,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Widowed
It is very much the case! I have never ever been invited anywhere near a woman in the Church. The only meaningful Christian female contact I have ever had is the time I spent on missions, where they were forced into my company by the nature of the work.
When a person is known to live, eat sleep etc 24/7 with men for a month or so at a time, and has done so for the last 30 or so years, do you perhaps think that more male contact would provide anything of use?
I'll give you a clue, the very last thing a normal heterosexual man wants to do when he escapes from this sort of solitude is hang around with another man, particularly when it's some guy or guys who think they are macho grunters who want to go hunting and fishing or whatever other "manly" excersise they want to do. On the other hand, perhaps a homosexual guy would be happy for this to happen.
I’d give you a clue, but I doubt you’d understand it.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Psalm 119 HCSB - Psalm 119 Delight in God's Word - א ...

https://www.biblegateway.com › passage

Psalm 119 Delight in God's Word - א Alef How happy are those whose way is blameless, who live according to the LORD's instruction! Happy are those.

I don’t live my life by what the Bible says.
Every word judged by who ?
Matthew 12:36 But I tell you that men will give an account on ...
Matthew 12:36 But I tell you that men will give an account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken.
"And I say to you, that every careless word that men shall speak, they shall render account for it in the day of judgment. Jubilee Bible 2000 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

Ecclesiastes 12:14 For God will bring every deed into ...
Ecclesiastes 12:14 For God will bring every deed into judgment, along with every hidden thing, whether good or evil.
For God will bring every act to judgment, everything which is hidden, whether it is good or evil. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil. For God will bring every act to judgment, including every hidden thing, whether good or evil.

Upvote 0

Rebecca4Christ

Servant
Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2019
Central U.S.
✟129,167.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I don’t live my life by what the Bible says. Do you? Not being flippant. Do you live your life by what the Bible says? PLEASE don’t give me a Bible verse as response. Tell me from the hip or the heart, anything other than a biblical quote. I want to hear from YOU.

Upvote 0

Rebecca4Christ

Servant
Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2019
Central U.S.
✟129,167.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Can you respect the fact that I do live my life by God's word? I didn't always,but yes,I do now.
I asked you that because I could already see that you don't, but yet you appear to think you are speaking for God.On what authority are you telling him God made him this way,and to not worry about it? What are you basing that statement on if not God's own word?
I also am not being flippant.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can you translate that into something understandable?
I was adlibbing @SkyWriting.

Heterosexuals do not approach homosexuals in order to convert them for sex.

Besides it is not a heterosexual contention that gender is fixed, so even if they did so it's because they believe that they can convert the homosexual person.

It is gays that maintain the fixed nature of their gender and in order to maintain consistency with that stance they should not try to convert non-gays to their orientation.

Upvote 0

Rebecca4Christ

Servant
Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2019
Central U.S.
✟129,167.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Can you respect the fact that I do live my life by God's word? I didn't always,but yes,I do now.
I asked you that because I could already see that you don't, but yet you appear to think you are speaking for God.On what authority are you telling him God made him this way,and to not worry about it? What are you basing that statement on if not God's own word?
My phone will not seem to allow me to quote and reply together for some reason.

Upvote 0

Emmylouwho

Sep 5, 2019
New York
✟16,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Widowed
God’s way of life is quite narrow. Do you actually live it that way?

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,667.00
Faith
Pentecostal
For me, it's always been a no-brainer that gay people are born that way. Even if you take away the sex and the attractions, a large number of gay people have traits that can easily be observed, such as their speech, gait and posture, for example. Many gay men have traits that are distinctly feminine and many lesbians have traits that are masculine. It's not something they have simply learned. In fact some of them are not even conscious of it. I accept that there are exceptions, but generally speaking, it points towards the idea of sexual orientation as being 'hardwired' - part of one's biology and personality. There have also been studies into things such as hair whorl direction, finger digit ratios, and the structure of the hypothalumus which appear to indicate that there may be biological differences between gay and straight people.

I believe that the vast majority of homosexuals are that way because of various things that have happened in their lives. They may be more predisposed in that direction, but most have some defining factors in their lives that pushed them that way. The human brain is so complex and I don't think we have a complete understanding of how it is affected by the things that happen to us.

I heard a gay speaker, that overcame his homosexuality and he talked about all the research done in this area. So at least there is enough evidence that gay people are not always born that way. Maybe some are. But it appears that most moved that direction after certain factors in their lives. I don't believe it's a "choice", like "I was hetero yesterday, but today I choose to be gay." I think it's a move towards that based upon the effects of life experience that moves a person that direction and its not a conscious decision.

• Agree
Reactions: Anguspure
Upvote 0

Emmylouwho

Sep 5, 2019
New York
✟16,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Widowed
A
I believe that the vast majority of homosexuals are that way because of various things that have happened in their lives. They may be more predisposed in that direction, but most have some defining factors in their lives that pushed them that way. The human brain is so complex and I don't think we have a complete understanding of how it is affected by the things that happen to us.

I heard a gay speaker, that overcame his homosexuality and he talked about all the research done in this area. So at least there is enough evidence that gay people are not always born that way. Maybe some are. But it appears that most moved that direction after certain factors in their lives. I don't believe it's a "choice", like "I was hetero yesterday, but today I choose to be gay." I think it's a move towards that based upon the effects of life experience that moves a person that direction and its not a conscious decision.
Are you gay?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.