✟268,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
bottledwater said:
God created us to breathe the air. Anything other than that is not natural. Even if the plant is natural.
Your friend has a card. You don't. It is illegal for you.
Do you see how you are tainting the truth, in order to get what you want.
Cigarettes are legal. Are they good for you. Nope. is it a sin to smoke. If it has control over you, then yes.
You may say that the pot has no power over you. I say anything that has you telling lies, or sinning to justify it. Has power over you. Then it is a sin to continue in it.
What about vaporizers that asthmatics use? Are they a sin to use. It's funny how nobody questions these, and yet they are unnatural.
You see, we know when something is a sin to use. In fact we show that we know by asking whether it is or not.

sunlover1 said:
I don't believe that marijuana use is always sin.
But I do believe that if you're convicted in your heart, then it is.
I also believe that if it's not legal in your state, then it's sin.
That being said, be not drunk with wine which is excess,
(or overly relaxed (stoned) with weed?)
BUT.. be filled with the Spirit instead!!!!
God equating being filled with the Spirit, with being drunk?
He kind of is.
How come?
How do you "BE" filled with the Spirit, INSTEAD?
And who was He speaking to? Those who were His
already, who already had His Spirit.

We all should be wary of doing things that are illegal. But if anything of Christianity was illegal in a region believers should still be with such, regardless of that. There are the other issues that would have something like that be wrong for believers. What is believed to be sin for any is a sin for them. Beyond being controlled, if it is known to any that there is something harmful to take then it is sin for them to take it. It is widely known that cigarettes are. There are unknown contents in any smoke with having any effect on a body that is still unknown.

Sobriety is an important thing for a growing believer, shown in the scriptures, as I said. Being filled with the Spirit instead, that is, God's Spirit, is with that not meaning something like being drunk at all, but it is with an altered mind that is preferable to any alteration from substances we take, as we can be like new persons.

Upvote 0

Soaring Light

May 3, 2015
United States
✟15,354.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Why would God create it if it was not made for this purpose.

I would first like to comment on this remark from a more general perspective.

I do not believe that everything that exists in the world was created by God directly. I believe that God created a self-sustaining, self-evolving origination point for life. I do believe that God has directly intervened in Creation many times, but one thing I find to be very interesting that seems obvious at first glance is that the bible is about humanity. It's not about nature, plants, or animals: while such matters certainly arise in the bible, that is not the focal point. That leads me to believe that God's primary interest is us, and that the non-human aspects of the natural world operate by a different, more independent and self-sustaining order as created by God.

What I infer from this mode of thought is that something may exist in the "natural world" today that God did not originally intend to exist. Take horrendous diseases like cancer or tuberculosis, for example. They exist in the natural world but I do not believe God created them. I believe they arose in the natural world after the Fall, and was very likely under influence from demons to promote their growth.

Going back to marijuana, I have no idea if marijuana plants were always here from the Garden of Eden or if they came in later. If the former is the case, then I would agree that smoking marijuana responsibly is not a sin, and God created it for us. I have a strong feeling that this is not the case, though.

What is the nature of any recreational drug? Pleasure or relief in some form. I don't believe every pleasure or relief in life has to explicitly involve Christ or the bible, but should shine forth from those core sources in some way, such as through being beautiful and good, of light (i.e. truly beautiful artwork and music). That being said, what is the more specific nature of a drug? To mask something, to confuse the brain in some way as to avoid dealing with whatever the true problem at hand is.

Therefore, I believe that drugs, including marijuana, are detrimental to not only our physical health, but our mental and spiritual health as well. How can we aim to walk with God if we are too busy enjoying marijuana, separating ourselves from reality in the process?

Perhaps using marijuana responsibly is okay, but that's very hard to do in a true sense.

When it comes down to it, I don't think marijuana use is a horrible sin or anything. However, I do believe it is a sin and, like many other things in life that aren't necessarily illegal (overeating, ignoring problems, excessive materialism, pride, etc) can draw us away from God and subsequently away from true peace, life, and wisdom.

Upvote 0

Ahermit

May 10, 2015
✟48,465.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If my friend has a cannabis card, which makes it legal in your state, is it a sin?

I feel that it is natural and God gave it to us. Why would God create it if it was not made for this purpose. Hemp and Marijuana are not the same plant either. Also if you use a vaporizer you cause your lungs zero harm. So is it still a sin? My heart feels that it is not?

What are your opinions?
The real question should be, what do you know about it, and what is your intent?

The bottom line is this, we are totally responsible for every one of our thoughts and actions. To know the spiritual truth and willfully go against it, is a sin.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If my friend has a cannabis card, which makes it legal in your state, is it a sin?
I feel that it is natural and God gave it to us. Why would God create it if it was not made for this purpose. Hemp and Marijuana are not the same plant either. Also if you use a vaporizer you cause your lungs zero harm. So is it still a sin? My heart feels that it is not?
What are your opinions?

Time to update the thead:

Is it a sin to smoke crack, crank, or shoot heroin?

God calls for us to be alert and sober. Are you sinning when you are sleepy?
You are always a Sinner just as a goldfish is wet.
You make choices to follow God yet you fail to pray unendingly.
Make good choices knowing you are "wet" and living in a sinful state of being.
You can't stop being wet, but you can act in ways that are not drenched
in separation from God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I believe it is not a sin, when used for valid medical conditions that weed will help with more, with your condition, than any pill will...

I don't believe in smoking weed just to get stoned or high for a person that has no medical disabilities that weed helps cope with.

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Time to update the thead:

Is it a sin to smoke crack, crank, or shoot heroin?

God calls for us to be alert and sober. Are you sinning when you are sleepy?
You are always a Sinner just as a goldfish is wet.
You make choices to follow God yet you fail to pray unendingly.
Make good choices knowing you are "wet" and living in a sinful state of being.
You can't stop being wet, but you can act in ways that are not drenched
in separation from God.

If the food and drug administration or the doctors got ahold of these drugs and could explore or experiement on their medical uses.

I know an AIDS paitent who was deteriorating into a stick figure, I saw him a year later and he was all bulked up and looking healthy, I asked him what he had done and he made me promise not to tell anybody, but he started shooting heroin, and he looked much healthier... These street drugs, should be under the control of the doctors, and they should do more research on their medical benefits...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

What are your opinions?

Temple prostitution was legal Corinth and Ephesus. It was legal and highly encouraged. Did the make it not sin? After all... God created sex.

All paganistic tribes around the world still have their own form of mind altering substances to use as a part of their worship. It opens up doorways for demonic influence. I have smoked marijuana plenty. Common sense should tell someone that they are lying to them self if they think its not sin.

Upvote 0

stray bullet

God Made Me A Skeptic
Nov 16, 2002
✟20,457.00
Marital Status
Private
I agree we are not under the law, but God never threw the law out either.

Do I think smoking Marijuana is a sin? Possibly yes and no. If you abuse and smoke marijuana to get high then it may be, that is up to the individual. We Christians that have received the Holy Spirit are given the discernment to know right from wrong, so if we do wrong the Holy Spirit will convict us and let us know. I feel Marijuana is okay if it's for health reasons, like if one has seizures, has cancer, or any other sickness and disease, but to abuse Marijuana to get high in my opinion is not okay.

All this does not mean I think a person will be sent to hell for smoking Marijuana but I do think abusing it can open a door way for demonic attacks.

I will also admit that Marijuana is VERY beneficial for ones health, but NOT in the form of smoking but in the form of ingesting cannabis oil.

What's morally wrong about getting a little high?

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What's morally wrong about getting a little high?

Stop the BS. I used to get high. One does not have the discipline to only get a little high. Maybe to prove a point one might. But, you can not just get a little high. Not "quite high." But, not a little.

Smoking marijuana causes a part of the brain to be bypassed. That part is where your norms and standards were formed by your parents and establishment society with morals. You will find yourself rejecting the values that you were taught were moral if you continue to get a little high. No one gets a little high. They either get high, or totally stoned. You must get high to get what one calls a little high. Or, its cheap stuff that someone mixed with something else.

Upvote 0

stray bullet

God Made Me A Skeptic
Nov 16, 2002
✟20,457.00
Marital Status
Private
Stop the BS. I used to get high. One does not have the discipline to only get a little high. Maybe to prove a point one might. But, you can not just get a little high. Not "quite high." But, not a little.

That's like saying one does not have the discipline to get a little buzzed on alcohol.

Smoking marijuana causes a part of the brain to be bypassed. That part is where your norms and standards were formed by your parents and establishment society with morals. You will find yourself rejecting the values that you were taught were moral if you continue to get a little high. No one gets a little high. They either get high, or totally stoned. You must get high to get what one calls a little high. Or, its cheap stuff that someone mixed with something else.

You are saying this because you used to get high... on pot?

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's like saying one does not have the discipline to get a little buzzed on alcohol.

If you had real discipline in the Lord you would not be taking your stand.

You are saying this because you used to get high... on pot?

What do you mean? Because I used to get high? I said what I did because I did research after having quit. I was then born again. I quit soon after being born again. I also quit other sins I used to take for granted after the Spirit began working in me. And, I did not even know why it was happening. For having been a Jew, I had no idea that the Spirit will enter a person after he believes. But, that's another topic..

Through someone I had contact with I gained access to research papers done by psychiatrists --white papers. They were the ones who discovered how it effects the brain. They made an important comment that stood off the page..One commented that because how it effects the brain? That it makes for a great tool in promoting propaganda. Its a "great propaganda tool." Just like you have swallowed and believe. I saw nearly my entire generation transform within one year after many began smoking pot. It altered their personalities. Gone were the virtues we had all been trained to grow up in. Over night. They listened to the liberal media's lies. They accepted what they were told. A great propaganda tool it is! Is correct! I saw it happen right before my eyes. That is why I wrote what I did.

Smoking marijuana causes a part of the brain to be bypassed. That part of the brain is where your norms and standards were formed by your parents and the establishment of society while growing up. Where we have ingrained our sense of values and morals. A person who continues smoking will find him/herself rejecting moral values that were taught as a norm.

No one gets a little high. They either get high, or you become totally stoned. You must get high to get what one calls a little high. Its cheap stuff that someone cut with something else that only causes you to feel "a little high." Its not really getting high. Real marijuana gets you high. If you use more, you will get what we called.. stoned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stray bullet

God Made Me A Skeptic
Nov 16, 2002
✟20,457.00
Marital Status
Private
If you had real discipline in the Lord you would not be taking your stand.

That's not an argument, that is more of an insult. That is, if you disagree with me you aren't right with God.
You aren't God.

What do you mean? Because I used to get high? I said what I did because I did research after having quit. I was then born again. I quit soon after being born again. I also quit other sins I used to take for granted after the Spirit began working in me. And, I did not even know why it was happening. For having been a Jew, I had no idea that the Spirit will enter a person after he believes. But, that's another topic..

Through someone I had contact with I gained access to research papers done by psychiatrists --white papers. They were the ones who discovered how it effects the brain. They made an important comment that stood off the page..One commented that because how it effects the brain? That it makes for a great tool in promoting propaganda. Its a "great propaganda tool." Just like you have swallowed and believe. I saw nearly my entire generation transform within one year after many began smoking pot. It altered their personalities. Gone were the virtues we had all been trained to grow up in. Over night. They listened to the liberal media's lies. They accepted what they were told. A great propaganda tool it is! Is correct! I saw it happen right before my eyes. That is why I wrote what I did.

Smoking marijuana causes a part of the brain to be bypassed. That part is where your norms and standards were formed by your parents and establishment society while growing up. Where we have ingrained our sense of morals. You will find yourself rejecting the values that you were taught were moral if you continue to get a little high.

No one gets a little high. They either get high, or you get totally stoned. You must get high to get what one calls a little high. Its cheap stuff that someone cut with something else that only causes you to feel "a little high." Its not really getting high. Real marijuana gets you high. If you use more, you will get what we called.. stoned.

What you are saying makes no sense. You can get a little high or really high or pot. Using a little pot does not make you "totally stoned." What I am reading is that you did a lot of stuff you regret and you decided to blame it on pot.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's not an argument, that is more of an insult. That is, if you disagree with me you aren't right with God.
You aren't God.

Its to the point. I have seen more than I care to have seen. Someday you might understand.

What you are saying makes no sense. You can get a little high or really high or pot. Using a little pot does not make you "totally stoned." What I am reading is that you did a lot of stuff you regret and you decided to blame it on pot.

That's not what I said. I did not say using a little pot makes you totally stoned.

I am not blaming anything on pot. If I could? I would blame myself for neglecting growing in grace and knowledge of God's Word when I was young.

When I tried to find my own happiness with various projects in my life it caused me to keep dying inside. Free sex was one of the major culprits. That is when I turned to pot to try to feel pleasurable again. I am not alone in that factor. Its quite common. Marijuana worked. But, it could not sustain. For the body's defenses will cause you to lose the ability for a thrill after a while. For, its going to cause some heavy metal toxin build up as time goes on as well. For another reason, I began chelation therapy many years later to remove heavy metals from my body. That's when I learned about marijuana and heavy metal toxicity. Heavy metals when embedded in the body do not leave easily. Its not like getting drunk and sobering up later on.

Add to that.. You will most likely cease being the person whom you once were before smoking pot. That is... If you grew up in a home where you were taught values and morality. You will even lie for it while knowing that you are lying. Its just the way it is. I have seen it not just with myself. I saw it too many times.

But? I really do not know what I am talking about. I'm just blowing smoke! :peace:

Upvote 0

Mattao

Jun 9, 2015
✟1,128.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

What are your opinions?
First off, I use to smoke weed bigtime! Got a tattoo of a pot leaf on my left shoulder.
I quit, cold turkey. Quit smoking cigs too.
It was a sin for me, it may not be a sin for everyone and here is the bottom line for you.
Some people, put it before God and if you have to put your need for weed before your need for God, its a sin.

Now, you said its natural so it must be smoked.
Uranium is natural, should we keep blowing stuff up with it?

Weed has so many different chemicals in it that it can not be classified as a drug or natural. It's human nature to modify things and weed has had the ever living ... modified out of it.
At one time, maybe the 1800's it might have been natural enough to use for things like headaches.
Now adays its more hardcore then a GMO tomato thats been trained to kill.
It doesn't get absorbed into the body, like say cocaine or Jack Daniels. It lays there until it dissipates on it's own. The more you smoke, the thicker the layers build up on your brain. Which incidentally does cause peoples skill set to suffer and most people dont notice the difference.

If you smoked weed between the ages of 15 and 28, you have shortened the growth of your brain as your brain doesn't stop maturing until you reach the age of 28 and smoking weed stunts the brains growth and keeps it from reaching maturity.

A lot of advocates for marijuana will not tell you the downsides to marijuana use. They'll let you go on thinking there are none.
And sadly, there has been so much B.S. made up about marijuana that telling the truth about it will usually go by the wayside because people will think it's more propaganda.
But then again, there isnt a single solitary advocate for marijuana that will tell you the truth about it and let you decide for your self. They'll just let you keep on seeing it as something that's good for you.

It may not be all that bad, but its not exactly all that good either.
And people can say, no one has ever gotten addicted or no one has ever overdosed (I've tried, didnt happen)
But I can say that people do become dependent on it and need it to function in life and while that isnt exactly an addiction, it's the next best thing to one and does make it hard for people to quit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DiJ

Diane
Jun 23, 2015
✟7,685.00
Marital Status
Single
I don't know what anyone else wrote. But this one is pretty cut and dry.

Romans 13: Let every person be in subjection to the government authorities (local, state, federal). For their is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God. Therefore he who resists authority has opposed the ordnance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves. For rulers are not a fear for good behavior, but for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same; for it is minister of God to you for good. But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it dos not bear the sword for nothing; or it a minister of God, and avenger who brings wrath upon the one who practices evil. Wherefore it is necessary to be in subjection, not only because of wrath, but also for conscience sake. For because of this you also pay taxes (so many cheaters in this area), for rulers are servants of God, devoting themselves to this very thing. Render to all what is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear honor to whom honor.

Marijuana is still against the law and God says to obey the law.

In the legal cases relating to medical marijuana, I don't have a problem. ONLY if it's legitimate use. Too many cases are just a farce and legalized pot smoking for recreation. God knows the truth. God doesn't honor legalized misuse of anything.

Upvote 0