Is it a sin to smoke marijuana?

Skybringr

Apr 18, 2014
✟1,363.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Marijuana is a sin, yes, but to make it out to be worse then cigarettes, alcohol, medicines, and so on is just a mistake, pure and simple.
These things are exponentially worse, and have detrimental long term effects.
Marijuana does not, it is probably the most harmless mind altering drug that exists to date, you can't overdose on it by any realistic standard and the worst case scenario is you get the giggles and take down a buffet.

I applaud Colorado and Washington for finally acknowledging these truths for what they are. There is on need to have a ban on it, there never really was- society was basically just skeptical about it, which led to rank falsehoods about the plant.

But, it is a sin nonetheless. Over indulging in substances is not kosher. But don't go chase the marijuana smoker before the drinker- it's just not logical.

Upvote 0

TheCountRox

Apr 28, 2014
✟249.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Marijuana is a sin, yes, but to make it out to be worse then cigarettes, alcohol, medicines, and so on is just a mistake, pure and simple.
Marijuana does not, it is probably the most harmless mind altering drug that exists to date, you can't overdose on it by any realistic standard and the worst case scenario is you get the giggles and take down a buffet.

I applaud Colorado and Washington for finally acknowledging these truths for what they are. There is on need to have a ban on it, there never really was- society was basically just skeptical about it, which led to rank falsehoods about the plant.

But, it is a sin nonetheless. Over indulging in substances is not kosher. But don't go chase the marijuana smoker before the drinker- it's just not logical.

Cannabis is a plant, not a sin!^_^

Cheeseburgers can be overused too!

Upvote 0

7he4uthor

7he 7rue he4RT of 7he CRE4TOR
Mar 16, 2011
7he he4RT of GOD
Visit site
✟16,942.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
[FONT=&quot]It is very important to understanding in further scriptures referring to plants that “herbs” are referred to as “meat” in the Old English Language in which the King James version was translated. This is especially true when reading the passage about prohibition of herbs in 1st Timothy 4:1-3.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth”. –([/FONT][FONT=&quot]1st Timothy 4:1-3).[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“[/FONT][FONT=&quot]And I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more”. -(Ezekiel 34:29)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Some have pointed out that 'Cana' (Kaneh) [the bible land] got its name from the same root word as "cannabis," it is fairly well known that Gallilee was a hemp farming area in biblical times as well.[/FONT]

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Targaryen

Scripture,Tradition and Reason
Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP

Cannabis like alcohol or "medicines" (your lack of definition of that term is a downfall) is not a sin nor should it be confused as one. Moderation or abstinence is the proper response but that goes with all things that can be abused.

Upvote 0
Sep 18, 2014
Maryland
✟7,639.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Between God and you I dont think it is a sin. Like Freeport said there are alot more dangerous and stronger drugs that people take for prescription that are alot worse than grass. And as far as it tempting you with earthly desires and all that such I guess it depends on you, it didnt do anything like that to me when I smoked. I can tell you this for sure though, no BS, no questions asked, 100% truth. If you smoke weed ILLEGALLY it is a sin. I know this from personally experience. Since three days ago I was a pot smoker and I did it illegally, recently I prayed to God about whether or not it was ok and to answer me. My answer was in the form of the police busting my house and being charged with 2 felonies and a misdemeanor and thrown in county jail for a entire day. It was blown way out of proportion and I will likely get all of it cleared off or at least deferred but I can tell you right now that it is not worth it. Stay away from it unless you legally need it. We are supposed to obey the laws of the land in order to represent Christ in the best way possible even if we know it doesnt harm us or anyone else. I felt compelled to respond directly too this considering what has happened recently and I pray to God that you and anyone reading this will learn from what happened to me. Praying for you man and please keep my family, fiance, friends, and lastly me in your prayers as well! God bless!

I do not believe we have to obey this fallen world's sinful laws. Cannabis is GOOD, it cures CANCER, it is a gift from God, we should all use it if we seek it, in moderation, too much causes anxiety and panic, same with DMT, for me, Cannabis and DMT are the only drugs I ever will use. I am living with my mom so I cant vaporize either, but in the future, in heaven, or before heaven when I live on my own, I will use both with a vaporizer. I will move to Colorado where it is legal. I do miss it. I am a christian anarchist, I believe that the only laws we need to follow are God's laws. God bless all of you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Sep 18, 2014
Maryland
✟7,639.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thereisnogreaterlove, Maybe this will put it in better perspective for you.

"Would you sit down and share a joint with Jesus? If its "not a sin"..it must not be a sin for him either?...right?

We'll only truly know the answer to this question when we get to heaven.

Upvote 0
Sep 18, 2014
Maryland
✟7,639.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Marijuana must be modified to remove harmful chemicals that causes many deadly illnesses from men, women and children. Only then can it be government-approved when it has the lower toxicity equivalent of cigarettes.
:liturgy:
:cool:

Cannabis is NOT toxic AT ALL when vaporized, it is much less toxic than cigarretes, cannabis cures cancer, cigarettes cause cancer...need i say more?

Upvote 0
Sep 18, 2014
Maryland
✟7,639.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe that, when vaporized or taken orally, cannabis is good for you. It is a gift from God. It might cure cancer (watch "Running from the Cure"). It takes away pain in moderation, it cures depression and anxiety (though if you take too much it will make you anxious and can cause panic attacks). I know this from experience. I would only use it like a couple times a week, and DMT only once a month. But I believe it is a gift from God, and we only have to obey God's laws, not earth's principalities and powers' laws that the Bible refers to. I believe that Jesus has given me cannabis and DMT (put it in my brain) and I felt altered states of consciousness and had visions without me literally putting a drug in my mouth, God gave me the altered consciousness, this has happened for me many times, and if it exists in heaven, then I will use it, and if its not in heaven, then I'll forget about it. I know its not a sin because it does not lead me to sinful thoughts and actions, actually, cannabis makes me want to talk to God, it gives me high (good) consciousnesss.

Reactions: NamelessHero
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Sep 18, 2014
Maryland
✟7,639.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A recent study claims smoking cannabis over long periods of time reduces to intelligence.

Not all studies are true. Watch "Running from the Cure". I bet that study, people smoked every day and were addicted to it, not someone who used it like once a week or once a month or someone taking the cannabis oil orally not having the THC activated by heat, just to cure illness and not to get high. But I believe that there is nothing wrong with getting high every once and a while. There is more to consciousness than just the brain, I believe that a little bit of cannabis is good for the soul. I could be wrong.

Upvote 0
Sep 18, 2014
Maryland
✟7,639.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Whenever I used cannabis in the past it just came to me. People I barely know would share it to me at the hang out spot I went to while they were using it. My friend Dylan gave it to me, and I told him that it was a gift from God and that while I was using it God was putting thoughts in my head. He told me to write it down, so I did. I have never really seeked it out, maybe a few times I did, but just like food comes to us, so does cannabis for me. I am in a stage of my life where I am completely sober and not using cannabis, but I truly believe that cannabis will come to me again, because it is a gift from God, and I am an adopted daughter of God, if not on earth, then in heaven, which is a real world where we will live in body soul and spirit.

Upvote 0

ihavefoundgod951

Mar 4, 2014
✟11,909.00
Faith
Christian
Not all studies are true. Watch "Running from the Cure". I bet that study, people smoked every day and were addicted to it, not someone who used it like once a week or once a month or someone taking the cannabis oil orally not having the THC activated by heat, just to cure illness and not to get high. But I believe that there is nothing wrong with getting high every once and a while. There is more to consciousness than just the brain, I believe that a little bit of cannabis is good for the soul. I could be wrong.

Its a credible study from a reputable university

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If my friend has a cannabis card, which makes it legal in your state, is it a sin?

I feel that it is natural and God gave it to us. Why would God create it if it was not made for this purpose. Hemp and Marijuana are not the same plant either. Also if you use a vaporizer you cause your lungs zero harm. So is it still a sin? My heart feels that it is not?

What are your opinions?

Fortunately, we don't need to go off of opinions and the consensus thereof ; to determine what is the real truth behind whether something is right or wrong where behavior is concerned, is to look at the Bible for insight, look at Gods infinite holy/moral/righteous character nature and Person , examine our own moral conscience in a total unbiased way, and to look at if there are or have been consequences to the particular action under consideration. That's how a wise person comes to a good accurate conclusion....and not based on a secular humanistic fallible standard that has the person in authority to feed his/her flesh at any personal cost and to others .

So, when we consider what Pot does by way of altering the Minds process , thinking, motives, culiminating in demonstrated poor judgement emotions and actions.....such as driving a 2 ton Vehicle down a road impaired sometimes to the point of hallucinations.... we can determine that such behavior is ridiculously dangerous to the Pot smoker and all other innocent people on the road or who may be walking to bicycle riding close to the road. Many people make driving mistakes resulting in fatalities and serious bodily injury when they are fully alert and IN their right Mind, let alone under an impairing influence of something . We already know based on factual evidence , that Pot Smokers have always been a threat to the safety of Motorists in particular and most recently Colorado Law ENforcement agencies are reporting more Stoned Drivers being pulled over than DUI Drivers pulled over (not a big surprise is it really ?) . We know people who are Stoned often do stupid immature things while not operating in their right Mind which has resulted in fire outbreaks, vandalism, many accidents apart from motor vehicles , fights, stealing, and other forms of immoral and unethical varieties . When we look at God, we see a Creator who is pure, righteous, very sensible, extremely logical, moral, ethical, and who is interested in our safety -------- the exact opposite of what a Pot induced Person is in actuality. When we look at the Bible which has not once been proven wrong in any way, we see a command to be level headed, wise in our choices, wise in our behavior, NOT to follow the worlds philosophies like Mind alterating substances to the point of potential danger, and to be filled with Gods Holy Spirit to direct us instead of going off of our momentary whims, hedonistic experiences , or temporary escape from reality.

Additionally, Pot Smoking and other drugs has short term and long term dangers to the anatomy of a Human Being . Do a google search.

Finally, God has allowed many things to appear on and in the earth but not all of them are beneficial for us / to us . Examples are : Hurricanes , Massive mudslides, avalanches, Tornadoes, ice storms, cocaine, the hemp plant, rattlesnakes , diseases, and many other things. Many things that exist today , did NOT exist back when God made his initial perfect creation and they exist today because of a creation that was thrown in chaos, imperfect operation, as a result of mankinds sin . Lastly, many things that exist on or in the earth were NEVER MEANT to be used in the fashion that they are being used with many people ; just because you can smoke something doesn't mean its good for you . Would you be willing to try smoking cyanide-laced cigarettes since tobacco and cyanide exist on Planet Earth ?

God expects us to use our God given conscience , knowledge we have attained, to learn from our past bad experiences and the past bad experiences of others, the factual evidence concerning something, and to be smart creations of his glory ---- not irrational , gotta have a mind altering experience , escape from reality immature product of himself.

Live according to Gods loving protective moral mandates (regardless of whether silly Men called 'LawMakers' say something is now legal) ... and you will live a life that is filled with protection, wise thinking, logical Mindset, and be able to recognize danger and stupidity when it comes knocking on your door .

Follow your own pursuits in life in accordance to the pop-mantra of living for yourself, and pay attention to the eventual consequences that will come your way. Consequences which are a result of flipping God off in favor of you becoming your own god-authority.

Regards.

Upvote 0
Sep 18, 2014
Maryland
✟7,639.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Obviously dont drive when experiencing altered states of reality. Relax on a couch and have visions and realizations. Cannabis isn't bad. I would never use cyanide nor cigarettes, cigarettes might be legal but they're much more toxic than cannabis,they cause cancer, cannabis might cure cancer. Okay so maybe it being natural doesn't mean its good, but it IS good, so its a gift, it was made by God to help people.

Upvote 0