Is inappropriate behavior with animals a Sin? What Does the Bible Say?

DrBubbaLove

Roman Catholic convert from Southern Baptist
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟77,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
by what authority? show me from scripture and not just your opinion.
Scripture says His Law is written on all our hearts. Whether we always listen to our conscience about what is written there is another matter, which is why there is sin. That it is part of our nature to "know" is how people who have never seen a Bible or heard of Jesus can live and die to still be Judged for this life and Justly so by the same One Christians strive to "know". Am sorry if someone needs more than that to answer the OPs question.

Someone contemplating such thoughts has obviously determined in their mind that it is ok and is seeking a way to justify to themselves acting on those thoughts if they have not already done so or allow themselves to feel OK with continuing. It is not OK and we all know it without having to be told or read it somewhere. God have mercy on such a wretched soul as me along with anyone in a state where without His Grace I could be.

Upvote 0

DrBubbaLove

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟77,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
miss, clicked: post 32 should say :
1 john 3:4 says sin is transgression of the law. The law defines what sin is, not our individual conscience. Morals differ between people and Christians.
So what law was defined for Adam that he broke?

Reactions: Hillsage
Upvote 0

YHWH's Lion

Oct 24, 2015
✟15,595.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So what law was defined for Adam that he broke?

Adam disobeyed God, Adam had daily access to God and he still chose to disobey God He dis obeyed a direct commandment from God Almighty. If thats not good enough and you had to group it under a Law you can put it under "honor your father" or maybe "thou shall not covet"

Upvote 0

YHWH's Lion

Oct 24, 2015
✟15,595.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Scripture says His Law is written on all our hearts. Whether we always listen to our conscience about what is written there is another matter, which is why there is sin. That it is part of our nature to "know" is how people who have never seen a Bible or heard of Jesus can live and die to still be Judged for this life and Justly so by the same One Christians strive to "know". Am sorry if someone needs more than that to answer the OPs question.

Someone contemplating such thoughts has obviously determined in their mind that it is ok and is seeking a way to justify to themselves acting on those thoughts if they have not already done so or allow themselves to feel OK with continuing. It is not OK and we all know it without having to be told or read it somewhere. God have mercy on such a wretched soul as me along with anyone in a state where without His Grace I could be.
so do you have God's Law written on your heart? you know that the word Law is Torah right? so one more time, do you have God's Torah written on your heart? Have you studied God's Torah with all its commandments and teachings?

"part of our nature to know" I guess a convicted homosexual christian who in his heart does not believe he is doing anything wrong has nothing to worry about right?
Christians have God's word and are without excuse, that's why we must always test the spirits, test our thoughts against Gods word.

Upvote 0

DrBubbaLove

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟77,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Adam disobeyed God, Adam had daily access to God and he still chose to disobey God He dis obeyed a direct commandment from God Almighty. If thats not good enough and you had to group it under a Law you can put it under "honor your father" or maybe "thou shall not covet"
The point of the story and my point is that Adam knew in his heart that what he was about to do was wrong and not just because God told him not to do it. Adam was not like a child knowing only that mom said don't touch or don't do that. Adam knew the difference between good and bad, right and wrong. What Adam lacked was the experience/and immediate consequences gained from committing what he knew to be bad/wrong. It is that experience that the Tree represents, whatever the actual deed was.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DrBubbaLove

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟77,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
so do you have God's Law written on your heart? you know that the word Law is Torah right? so one more time, do you have God's Torah written on your heart? Have you studied God's Torah with all its commandments and teachings?

"part of our nature to know" I guess a convicted homosexual christian who in his heart does not believe he is doing anything wrong has nothing to worry about right?
Christians have God's word and are without excuse, that's why we must always test the spirits, test our thoughts against Gods word.
Am saying we all, even the atheist, have God's law written on our hearts because He made mankind exist to know. love and serve Good/Him. One cannot make something to do something and not give that thing the ability to do that. It would be cruel to do that and expect that thing to know what is they are expected to do. The idea of mankind not being given the ability to know right from wrong is incompatible with saying that is part of our purpose for existence.
The convicted homosexual christian, presuming no mental impairment, knew what they were doing was wrong. Just like Adam did before he made his first sin part of our reality. Knowing something is wrong does not prevent us from doing it.Criminals do not commit crimes because they did not know it was wrong, they do it because they convince themselves first that they will not get caught/held responsible and they justify by lying to themselves that it really isn't wrong for them to do it.

If knowledge that something is wrong did stop people from doing a thing because it is wrong, then having that knowledge would completely limit our freewill and no one would sin. Obviously that is not the case. Hardening our conscience is part of a process we can do when any particular sin becomes habitual - and in that case we could perhaps talk about some (not total) mitigation of subsequent acts.

And think about it. How could God Judge the native peoples perhaps still existing today who live and die without ever hearing about what He did for them?
The answer is covered by the purpose for our existence - which is the same for all of us - which includes those same people.

And think about the Torah. God did not and will never change. So whatever else we believe about the Law, it cannot be true that Love God with all your heart and mind, then love others as yourself represents a "new" Law. In fact God Himself told us those two commands were not a "new" law. The Hebrew nation did not get a Torah because they need to know what was write and wrong, they got a Torah because they were stubborn and insisted on having everything spelled out for them in minute detail. Jesus said all of that Torah is covered if we but do two things. And those two things directly reflect the purpose for our existence - love, know and serve Good/Him.

So no human living at anytime in history from Adam down can stand before God and claim ignorance of what is right and what is wrong. Which is why none of need the answer for the question posed in the OP written down for us, in Scripture or anywhere else, to know the correct answer to that question.

Upvote 0

DrBubbaLove

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟77,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Getting back on topic. I think we have concluded that inappropriate behavior with animals is NOT ok.
In general yes. However....
Am not sure "we" includes someone who insists it must be written down somewhere that the Torah still applies to them before it becomes wrong for them to do.

Upvote 0

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
St. Louis - Ephesians 2:6-8
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I can't believe there is a thread about this or even the title itself. Anyone that even considers this to be a legitimate subject needs help.

Reactions: DrBubbaLove
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DrBubbaLove

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟77,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can't believe there is a thread about this or even the title itself. Anyone that even considers this to be a legitimate subject needs help.
sort of what I said with more charity perhaps - I agree such a person needs help.

The problem most of us have however with any thing we consider grievous sin is that we often imagine we could never do that ourselves. Two marriages ago that was me as young, life long Southern Baptist. Life taught me a hard lesson about that. I also know that a lot of sexual abuse, not unlike many sins, is self breeding. The infliction of such abuse on a child cannot but help to impact that child's view of their own sexuality - sometimes perverting their view and twisting the mind with potentially horrific life-long physiological consequences, including leading to a wide range of similar manifestations of sexual deviancy in a person who has been abused, including becoming an abuser themselves.

All sin results in death Pastor Tony Folio often said to his flock in San Diego. Every time we sin something dies he said, at least one thing, often many more things. So it does not have to be just one thing, our relationship with God - a single sin can impact many other aspects of our lives, including multi-generational impact. Look what one man's sin did to the entire human race.

And while we can always be forgiven and our spiritual relationship with God restored, it does not mean everything that dies because of our sin has been healed at all or even restored at all. We can also be healed, but often we must live with the consequence of our sins- the death we caused. Broken relationships, severed families, abused becoming an abuser, sexually transmitted diseases not just to the sinner but even to their unborn who had no part in the crime and gains an incurable disease with devastating consequences....etc..

So with any particular persons sin, no matter how horrible, it really is a matter of there but by the Grace of God go I. At least I think we should look at it that way. Hate the sin, not the sinner.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

YHWH's Lion

Oct 24, 2015
✟15,595.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
have you even read through the whole thread? or just decided to comment by looking at the title. If you did read it you would know that this isn't a question about inappropriate behavior with animals.

Upvote 0

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
St. Louis - Ephesians 2:6-8
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
have you even read through the whole thread? or just decided to comment by looking at the title. If you did read it you would know that this isn't a question about inappropriate behavior with animals.
OK, just an attention grabbing title, I'll read some

Upvote 0

roasthawg

Dec 4, 2014
✟7,672.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christ did not come to do away with the law... He came to save us from the consequences of breaking it by himself fulfilling the law. The law tells us what is sin and what is not, to not be under the law means that our transgressions are forgiven due to our belief in Jesus Christ as Lord and saviour. All of us sin, but those of us who believe in Christ receive His grace and are not convicted of our sins. We also receive the Holy Spirit who strengthens us and allows us to defeat sin which we were helpless in defeating before Christ.

Reactions: Just Ben
Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟994,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Do you mean a practicing Christian homosexual? According to how I understand the Bible there is no such thing.

Reactions: Wgw
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

roasthawg

Dec 4, 2014
✟7,672.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you mean a practicing Christian homosexual? According to how I understand the Bible there is no such thing.
The church was shown how to deal with open sexual sin amongst Christians in Paul's letter to the Corinthians. A Christian engaged in secret sexual sin will surely be convicted in his or her conscience by the Holy Spirit and hopefully brought to repentance

Upvote 0

Jack Terrence

Fighting the good fight
Feb 15, 2013
✟27,525.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Can someone give me a clear answer on this question : Christians says that the Law ( ten commandments and law of moses is done away with, nailed to the cross) is it OK to participate in inappropriate behavior with animals? this was forbidden in the law of Moses but since that is nailed to the cross that means it's Ok right? if NO than please tell me why not and according to what law?
It was the ceremonial laws, that is, the external ordinances that were nailed to the cross.

Upvote 0

PattyOfurniture

Aug 15, 2007
Florida
✟16,524.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I will leave you with the words of Jesus:
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of LAWLESSNESS.

BOOM!

Upvote 0

Just Ben

Dec 30, 2015
Alabama
✟7,799.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
God's laws are the laws of nature. From a natural standpoint it is a hazard to your health. It will pervert/twist your mentality and morality. Gods original Earth bound laws forbid this action for that reason. Sin is thinking our Freewill came from ourselves and not God. When we act on our own desires it is sin. Jesus didn't do away with the original law. That's like saying the law of gravity no longer applies to me because I choose not to believe in it/ its done away with who cares. God's law is what convicts us of sin. Without His law we wouldn't know our own sins. So when we are convicted of our sin we understand that we are damned and that we can't save ourselves because we got ourselves in this mess to begin with. That's where Jesus comes in. He took sin's punishment on our behalf. Rose from the grave to prove that he is the only one able to forgive us and redeem us from death. Payment for sin is death. The law convicts us of this payment. Christ did away with sin's punishment which fulfils Gods laws. Without Gods law there would be no need for Christ. If we believe only what we want a bend scripture to fit our own designed morals: what payment would you receive for doing this? Read 1 and 2 Corinthians. (I really find it hard to believe this question is in the Christian section of this forum.)The simple answer is No. But I gave you a complicated one because no is not good enough. Do you think having sex with animals would further the kingdom of God? What would Jesus Do?

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0