Is inappropriate behavior with animals a Sin? What Does the Bible Say?

Rosanna Miller

Oct 28, 2015
Missouri
✟15,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can someone give me a clear answer on this question : Christians says that the Law ( ten commandments and law of moses is done away with, nailed to the cross) is it OK to participate in inappropriate behavior with animals? this was forbidden in the law of Moses but since that is nailed to the cross that means it's Ok right? if NO than please tell me why not and according to what law?

May I ask if you asked the Christians, who made that claim, "the Law (ten commandments and law of Moses is done away with, nailed to the cross), to provide the Scriptures for which would confirm their belief? If so, please provide them.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Can someone give me a clear answer on this question : Christians says that the Law ( ten commandments and law of moses is done away with, nailed to the cross) is it OK to participate in inappropriate behavior with animals? this was forbidden in the law of Moses but since that is nailed to the cross that means it's Ok right? if NO than please tell me why not and according to what law?

Romans 13:8-10

Because we have a summary of what the law entails, we can use that to determine if it's harmful or not. So the practice of humans having sex with animals.

I'd say according to Romans 13:8-10 humans having sex with animals is not "OK" if you really need it written down somewhere that is ;)

Upvote 0

brixken7

Dec 24, 2014
Arizona
✟15,660.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Because we have a summary of what the law entails, we can use that to determine if it's harmful or not. So the practice of humans having sex with animals.

I'd say according to Romans 13:8-10 humans having sex with animals is not "OK" if you really need it written down somewhere that is ;)

Yea, but don't you mean verses 1-5, Mike?
Romans 13:1-5 essentially ends this thread.
Unless, of course, YHWH's Lion just wants to argue.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

I am not certain how that part of the passage is contextual to what I posted. I was explaining how one who believes as Colossians 2 explains that the ordinances of the law were nailed to the cross with Jesus, and now our sin was no longer an obstacle for salvation .. how then we reason any form of morality because the law is done away with but Jeremiah speaks of this covenant .. where this law of do no harm and mutual respect .. is written on our hearts

Upvote 0

YHWH's Lion

Oct 24, 2015
✟15,595.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

romans 13:8-10 shows how loving your neighbour "looks like" that's what God's word is for. We can leave it to our own feelings and interpret what "loving our neighbour looks like" or we can turn to the bible and see if maybe we are not fully loving our neighbour the way we should be. This can apply to "loving God" how does that look like? well if we look at what God's word says about it instead of just what we "feel" or what some pastor has told us, we may see that really we are not loving God with all of our soul. The whole reason for this thread was to show that "sin" is clearly defined in the bible, and if we leave it to our own interpretation given to us by the Spirit. (and many christians say that they are lead by the Spirit yet they have different morals and standards) instead of testing the spirits against Gods word like we are told to do. We open ourselves to being deceived.

Upvote 0

YHWH's Lion

Oct 24, 2015
✟15,595.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
romans 13:1-5 talks about submitting ourselves to authorities. is your argument that "inappropriate behavior with animals is wrong because the governing authority says so?" if that is what you are saying than I guess when the authorities legalize it than it no longer will be wrong?

Upvote 0

YHWH's Lion

Oct 24, 2015
✟15,595.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"Jesus did not get rid of his own laws"?
No, what about the laws regarding sacrifices? What about the Sabbath, which he "annulled" (John 5:18; CLNT)? What about all the yearly "feasts of the Lord"? What about tithing -- are you able to pay a tenth of your wages to the Levitical priesthood?

What I have found is that if an Old Testament command is not in some way corroborated in the New Testament, then it's not for us today. As for God's command regarding inappropriate behavior with animals, while the New Testament does not, to my knowledge, SPECIFICALLY address this issue, nevertheless inappropriate behavior with animals is forbidden in the New Testament. It's forbidden by Romans 13:1-5, in which God tells us we must be subject to the laws of the land, and probably MOST, if not all countries have laws against inappropriate behavior with animals. Furthermore, only Eve was found suitable to be a "help" for man -- none of the animals that God had created (Genesis 2:20).

-- Ken
Where did Jesus annul the sabbath ? in the verse you quoted he was accused by the Jews who made up a bunch of "traditions" of breaking their traditions. Your and everyone else following this thread needs to understand that there is wisdom in God's Law, that we have much to learn from it. Yet christians are told don't worry about that, it's all done away with.
As for your argument "we must subject to the laws of the land" so then if the government decides to make inappropriate behavior with animals legal I guess then it's going to be OK?
Sin is sin because God's Law says so not because some government says what is sin and what is not sin.

Upvote 0

YHWH's Lion

Oct 24, 2015
✟15,595.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
To the OP:

No matter what you think of the 10 commandments, the law of sin and death, or the Law of Moses; there is still the issue of the four commandments.

Never heard of them? They are in Acts 15 and are binding on ALL non-Jewish believers in Jesus. They are:

abstain from things contaminated by idols
abstain from fornication
abstain from meat that is strangled
abstain from blood

v 20 and 29.

The word in the greek for "fornication" is inappropriate contentia, and as far as I can tell it was used in the Jewish diaspora community (the leadership of the congregations) to mean anything prohibited sexually in the Law of Moses. So no matter if Moses was taken away or not, that remains.
there is no issue here. by your reasoning because acts 15 did not forbid stealing or murder of many many other sins they are all acceptable for all non jewish believers in Jesus?

Upvote 0

YHWH's Lion

Oct 24, 2015
✟15,595.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's wrong because the moral law was never nailed to the cross. Jesus upheld the moral law. Jesus fulfilled the types and shadows depicted in the Law and practiced by Israel. Those types and shadows were fulfilled and literally nailed to the cross.

The moral law was again confirmed by the apostles in their epistles.

inappropriate behavior with animals was clearly addressed by Christ. Only the union of one man and one woman is right in God's eyes and that transcends the Mosaic Law. Jesus said "as it was in the beginning." (Matthew 19)

So any sexual relationship outside of what Jesus stated is sin and/or abomination. Paul confirms such in Romans as does Christ again in Revelation.

Now that was a bit dry and straightforward. However as we see in Ezekiel 36 God promises those who He fills with His Holy Spirit will have His statutes (laws) written on their hearts and He will cause us to walk in them. That's quite a promise and the ultimate test of faith and trust in the Finished Work of Christ.

The above is what Jesus Christ was trying to get across to Nicodemus in John 3, but at the time he did not have the ears which could hear.
so do you have God's Laws ( especially the 10 commandments)written on your heart?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yeholiver

Oct 30, 2015
✟481.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Some Christians say that but Jesus does not says it:-

Matthew 5. 18 In truth I tell you, till heaven and earth disappear, not one dot, not one little stroke, is to disappear from the Law until all its purpose is achieved.

Jesus is a Karaite Jew- Jesus rejected the Oral Torah of the Pharaisees not the Written Torah.

Mark 7. 1 The Pharisees and some of the scribes who had come from Jerusalem gathered round him,

2 and they noticed that some of his disciples were eating with unclean hands, that is, without washing them.

3 For the Pharisees, and all the Jews, keep the tradition of the elders and never eat without washing their arms as far as the elbow;

4 and on returning from the market place they never eat without first sprinkling themselves. There are also many other observances which have been handed down to them to keep, concerning the washing of cups and pots and bronze dishes.

Pharisees and scribes asked him, 'Why do your disciples not respect the tradition of the elders but eat their food with unclean hands?'

Isaiah prophesied about you hypocrites in the passage of scripture: This people honours me only with lip-service, while their hearts are far from me.

7 Their reverence of me is worthless; the lessons they teach are nothing but human commandments.

8 You put aside the commandment of God to observe human traditions.'

9 And he said to them, 'How ingeniously you get round the commandment of God in order to preserve your own tradition!
--------

So no the Law is not dead and you cant have sex with animals!

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
when it comes to sexuality our clearest guide to how things should be can be assumed by design. Male human is created for female human, female human is created for male human. This is the direction of sexuality by design and we should not assume just because we can stick it in something else it must mean we were supposed to. Biblical speaking we see this from the beginning for example Gen 2:18 God says "It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him". God does not see an animal as a "helper suitable" but what he does create shows us the design of God and what he sees as the perfect mate.

Outside of the OT I don't think beastality is directly comment but there is a lot of "sexual immoralities" this is probably because the conversations have a moral context where beastality is not challenged. There are a lot of laws that are unchallenged in the NT but that doesn't make them fair game all of a sudden, common sense goes a long way and I gather you already know the answer to this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
(and many christians say that they are lead by the Spirit yet they have different morals and standards) instead of testing the spirits against Gods word like we are told to do. We open ourselves to being deceived.

BTW you never commented on the Westboro Baptist church which I brought up to you before. They sure don't meet my Charismatic definition of 'having the Spirit' let alone being led by it, but they sure do meet your 'letter of the law' definition concerning sin, which you/they are pushing so hard here, for the rest of us.

"Where did Jesus annul the sabbath?"
When did the New Covenant begin?

ROM 14:4 Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Master is able to make him stand. 5 One man esteems one day as better than another, while another man esteems all days alike. Let every one be fully convinced in his own mind.

Where did Jesus tell those "zealous for the law" to follow it in the New Covenant?

Wasn't stoning a woman/man who committed adultery 'THE LAW'? Did Jesus follow 'THE LAW'? NO! End of your argument IMO.

Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is a Karaite Jew-
Maybe so, according to 'some', but not according to history. The Karaite Jewish sect was born just a bit after Jesus. It's a bit like saying the Roman Catholic church has its roots to Peter. Whereas I'd say 'the catholic Church' has its roots there. But all the organized 'church-isms' came from 'that church'.

From a Karaite Judaism website; "this group continued to exist until the tenth-century. Another group of Jews who continued to practice Judaism only according to the Tanakh became known as B’nei Miqra (Followers of Scripture). Their name was shorted to Kara’im (Scripturalists) which became transliterated to Karaites.

There's one more interesting quote in this website.

"Karaites do not accept the “New Testament” as scripture. There are unfortunately individuals and groups that are calling themselves “Karaites” but they actually follow Christian doctrines – just as Rabbinic Judaism is plagued by so-called “Messianic Judaism.” The New Testament is not considered divine nor is it considered scripture by Karaites. In addition, just like Rabbinic Judaism, Karaite Judaism also rejects the idea that Jesus was the messiah, prophet, part of a trinity, or God-incarnate."

IOW there are no 'Christian Karaites'.

Jesus rejected the Oral Torah of the Pharaisees not the Written Torah.
Again, the Torah as in 'stoning an adulterer? Or what about how a woman should deal 'with an issue of blood' as spelled out to 'the letter of the Law' in Leviticus? Jesus broke that one too, not a 'judgment' or even a 'rebuke' to this 'LAW BREAKING' sinner, at his feet. :idea:

So no the Law is not dead and you cant have sex with animals!
:oldthumbsup: Amen. The Law has, however, been superseded by the gospel of the kingdom. And in 'that gospel' is where Jesus did dwell/preach after His baptism 'in the water' and 'of the Spirit'.

GAL 3:24 Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith. 25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.

Liberty demands truth to obtain it, and maturity to maintain it. So those still needing/preaching the 'Tutor of the Law' just need to come to Christ and 'the faith that comes' with that, and then grow up in 'that faith', of the New Covenant IMO.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
there is no issue here. by your reasoning because acts 15 did not forbid stealing or murder of many many other sins they are all acceptable for all non jewish believers in Jesus?
Actually, Acts 15 was the starting point. Your comment is similar to saying that the 10 commandments never mentioned a priesthood so that must not exist.

Just as Moses was given more and more information and commands during his life and got added to the 10; Paul added a lot of commands that in the NT get added to the 4. They are just as authoritative and binding.

And the prohibition against "blood" listed in the 4 is often taken to be a prohibition on the shedding of innocent blood (i.e. murder).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,200.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
:doh:Could this question possibly garner a yes answer from any mentally stable person?

The title of this thread is misleading.

However, the OP presented a very legit dilemma that must be deeply pondered with.

This dilemma challenges the "inerrancy theory" of the Bible.

Upvote 0

YHWH's Lion

Oct 24, 2015
✟15,595.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The title of this thread is misleading.

However, the OP presented a very legit dilemma that must be deeply pondered with.

This dilemma challenges the "inerrancy theory" of the Bible.
No, this challenges the indoctrination that the christian masses have been fed by the churchs. That your "concience" will tell you what is right or wrong. That the Spirit will tell you what is Sin and that God's Law means nothing.

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

YHWH's Lion

Oct 24, 2015
✟15,595.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
BTW you never commented on the Westboro Baptist church which I brought up to you before. They sure don't meet my Charismatic definition of 'having the Spirit' let alone being led by it, but they sure do meet your 'letter of the law' definition concerning sin, which you/they are pushing so hard here, for the rest of us.

When did the New Covenant begin?

ROM 14:4 Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Master is able to make him stand. 5 One man esteems one day as better than another, while another man esteems all days alike. Let every one be fully convinced in his own mind.

Where did Jesus tell those "zealous for the law" to follow it in the New Covenant?

Wasn't stoning a woman/man who committed adultery 'THE LAW'? Did Jesus follow 'THE LAW'? NO! End of your argument IMO.

Now you are comparing me with the Westboro? Where do you see the love of Jesus in them?
1. I don’t remember you asking about the Westboro Baptist Church but your comment demonstrates my point exactly “They sure don't meet my Charismatic definition of 'having the Spirit' let alone being led by it” When we stick to OUR own definitions of what we feel/think instead of searching the scriptures we end up with these mixed ideas. Tell me how can one person be led by the Spirit as you are talking about and “knowing what is sin because the Spirit showed them” but another person being led by the same Spirit has a different understanding of what sin is? Who is right? The Word of God has the final authority. Like I said we must “test the spirits” against the Word of God. And the Spirit of God will not contradict Gods Word. When you simply leave it up to the Spirit to tell you and not test the Spirit against Gods word, you open yourself to being deceived.

2. God Blessed the Sabbath Day and hallowed it, Sabbath was made for Men. It was a gift from God, it was the only Commandment that God told us to Remember. Yet people reject God’s gift and instead stick to the Traditions of Men. The Sabbath day is a blessing given to Mankind by God, and the people that accept God’s gift get a blessing, (ask anyone that has accepted it) those that do not, miss out on a blessing from God.- Your Choice.

3. “If you love me Keep My Commandments” But I guess Gods commandments aren’t Jesus’ ? It sure seems like the resistance to the 10 commandments only exists because of the 4th commandment. People have no opposition to the other 9. (unless you are a Catholic)

4. Here you are showing your ignorance of scriptures, are you saying that Jesus broke the Law ? that must be what you are saying. If you knew what the scriptures said you would know that the Law said

” And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.”

Maybe you don’t know this but this was a TRAP by the Jews like all of the other times they tried to trap him. There was no adulterer presented, do you understand?

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,200.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
No, this challenges the indoctrination that the christian masses have been fed by the churchs. That your "concience" will tell you what is right or wrong. That the Spirit will tell you what is Sin and that God's Law means nothing.

Yes, I agree with you there.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Christians says that the Law ( ten commandments and law of moses is done away with, nailed to the cross)....... since that is nailed to the cross that means...

Not true. Sin was "nailed to the cross" not the laws.

Reactions: YHWH's Lion
Upvote 0