Us
✟43,770.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So I have OCD, And a pretty big fear of death. And not like the "touch THING 3 times OCD". I mean like "your going to die, nothing you can do about it" ocd. Otherwise known as PureO.

I am however, having thought right now of "Get right with God, you don't have much time left". And then if I ask in my head kf this is true I always get a "Yes" response. Like a thought.

Now while I am a new Christian, I don't think God gives this Kind of info out. But I just wanted to check. I am only 16, and I don't want to die yet. I'm a music producer, I've found something I'm good at, and I want to make a living doing what I love.
Does this at all sound like God? Or the Devil? Or just my OCD?

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
1. It is always a good idea to get right with God as if today is your last... That is the best policy - the only safe space for humans on planet Earth.

2. We don't fear every day - because we choose to settle things with God now rather than later.

Upvote 0

Harley.

Jul 5, 2022
Us
✟43,770.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1. It is always a good idea to get right with God as if today is your last... That is the best policy - the only safe space for humans on planet Earth.

2. We don't fear every day - because we choose to settle things with God now rather than later.
I know that,and I appreciate your response! But...does what I mentioned sound like God?

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
One of the first things I would do if I were in your shoes is to stop watching TV, period.
You can control what thoughts and information enter your head, and turning off the TV is a very good start.

Second, start keeping a journal of positive thoughts about how God loves you, how He helps you, and how He provides for you; just those three things for starters.

And lastly, think of things that make you smile, and laugh. Write those down to.
And if you start to worry, just grab your journal and read those happy thoughts.
Fight the worry with three things:

1.Happiness
2. Contentment
3. Hope

Upvote 0

Harley.

Jul 5, 2022
Us
✟43,770.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
One of the first things I would do if I were in your shoes is to stop watching TV, period.
You can control what thoughts and information enter your head, and turning off the TV is a very good start.

Second, start keeping a journal of positive thoughts about how God loves you, how He helps you, and how He provides for you; just those three things for starters.

And lastly, think of things that make you smile, and laugh. Write those down to.
And if you start to worry, just grab your journal and read those happy thoughts.
Fight the worry with three things:

1.Happiness
2. Contentment
3. Hope
All really good points! And I will make sure to do that! Does it sound like God?

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟290,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Does it sound like God?

Not to me, but the general advice "Get right" is good, just remove the death fear
The sooner you start getting right, the longer you have to be right
And say "thank you" for a wonderful life

Reactions: User94
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
So I have OCD, And a pretty big fear of death. And not like the "touch THING 3 times OCD". I mean like "your going to die, nothing you can do about it" ocd. Otherwise known as PureO.

I am however, having thought right now of "Get right with God, you don't have much time left". And then if I ask in my head kf this is true I always get a "Yes" response. Like a thought.

Now while I am a new Christian, I don't think God gives this Kind of info out. But I just wanted to check. I am only 16, and I don't want to die yet. I'm a music producer, I've found something I'm good at, and I want to make a living doing what I love.
It's the mind produced by the stimuli in the body, it's afraid of dying so it keeps bringing it up.

Used to get this all the time.

Remedy is to cultivate the mind of Christ through replacing the reflect of anxiety with a reflect of trust or faith.

Upvote 0

Harley.

Jul 5, 2022
Us
✟43,770.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's the mind produced by the stimuli in the body, it's afraid of dying so it keeps bringing it up.

Used to get this all the time.

Remedy is to cultivate the mind of Christ through replacing the reflect of anxiety with a reflect of trust or faith.
Good to know I'm not alone. So it's not God telling me im going to die then?

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Good to know I'm not alone. So it's not God telling me im going to die then?
No, your body is afraid of dying, and you're just aware of it. That's all it is.

Upvote 0

User94

Jul 2, 2022
CT
✟15,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

I also have ocd.. it sounds like ocd more than god to me personally. However, it’s physically impossible to tell when he’s going to take you. I know that may make things worse, but my advice is to pray very hard and turn away from sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

God's will is that we live long and fruitful lives. Satan is the murderer. Yes, keep right with God. Confess known sin as soon as you realise that you've sinned. Jesus might trick everyone and return today! We confess sin for cleansing, so that we have unhindered fellowship with God.

Do not fear death. It is the doorway to heaven, a far better place than we have now. But don't seek death. We have work to do in this life. Our work will cease when we leave this life.

Upvote 0

Skye1300

Vegan Pro life Mom
Mar 19, 2022
West Coast USA
✟47,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

To me it sounds like your OCD. I don't think God tells people when they will die like that. Especially if all it will do is cause them worry.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

NO This sounds like God
Jeremiah 29:11
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

From the moment a person is conceived, they begin to move toward death. For all of us, death is inevitable and fretting about it doesn't alter this fact one iota. Why, then, fret? All doing so does is make you miserable. Your worry about death certainly doesn't improve anything and does nothing to halt death's approach. But if death is approaching, so what? If you know Christ as your Savior and love him above all, death is merely a change of location, a happy transition into the presence of Jesus, your greatest love. And one day your physical body will be resurrected to a glorified state, like the body of Jesus was, fit for eternal life.

Well, get out of your head and into the Bible, God's word. None of us have much time left. Our lives on this planet are fleeting, temporary things, like flowers that fade away under the hot sun. But we weren't made for now, for the merely temporal existence into which we are born, but for eternity. When in eternity you look back a million years from now to your life on this planet, you'll laugh in wonder at how concerned you were about preserving it.

Imagine you stand on the porch of a mansion blazing with light, and music, and beauty, that extends away out of sight in every direction, waiting to go in. However nice the porch is and however long you must remain on it before you enter the mansion, the Big Event is entering the mansion, not waiting on its porch, right? So, too, with this life. It is the "porch" on which you wait to enter the "mansion of eternity." Don't get caught up in waiting on the porch; it is a pale shadow of what awaits you in the mansion.

Philippians 3:20-21
20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ;
21 who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory, by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things to Himself.

You do need to be in right relationship to God, however. He stands at the beginning of your life as its Creator; He stands as the Sustainer of your life throughout your earthly existence; and He stands as the Final Goal of your life in eternity. So, you can't afford to give short shrift to your relationship with God. But if God is your Heavenly Father through your trust in Christ as your Savior and Lord, you don't need to fear meeting Him. Jesus said,

John 6:37
37 ...the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out.

Fear of death is never from God.

Hebrews 2:14-15
14 Since therefore the children share in flesh and blood, he himself likewise partook of the same things, that through death he might destroy the one who has the power of death, that is, the devil,
15 and deliver all those who through fear of death were subject to lifelong slavery.

Through Jesus, the fear of death has been dissolved. "To be absent from the body - death - is to be present with the Lord" (2 Corinthians 5:6-8). And so, Paul the apostle wrote,

Philippians 1:23-24
23 But I am hard-pressed from both directions, having the desire to depart and be with Christ, for that is very much better;
24 yet to remain on in the flesh is more necessary for your sake.

Paul regarded death as preferable to life on this earth for death was the doorway through which to pass to be with Christ. How about you? Do you know and love Christ? Do you prefer to be with him above all else? Until you do, death will remain a fearful prospect.

God has made a good world full of wonderful, pleasing things. And He has "given us richly all things to enjoy." But when the things of this world eclipse God, when He is pushed out of the center of the picture of our lives by the things of this world, we begin to live contrary to the way God created us to live. And when we live this way, God promises that corruption and destruction will follow, sooner or later. (Galatians 6:7-8; Romans 6:23; Romans 8:5-8)

We are all of us made to know God, and in knowing Him, to love Him, and in loving Him, to enjoy Him, and in enjoying Him to glorify Him. If anything in your life diverts you from these fundamental things, you are headed away from God and into disaster. You weren't created to do just what you want, but to serve God, your Creator. You are in His universe, after all, and He calls the shots in His universe. Are you living in the light of this fact, submitting to God throughout every day? If not, fear of death will continue to hover over you as a terrible threat and God will oppose you (James 4:4-5).

Romans 6:13
13 and do not go on presenting the members of your body to sin as instruments of unrighteousness; but present yourselves to God as those alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God.

Romans 8:14
14 For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

Romans 12:1
1 Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.

James 4:6-7
6 But He gives a greater grace. Therefore it says, "GOD IS OPPOSED TO THE PROUD, BUT GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE."
7 Submit therefore to God...

Upvote 0

Harley.

Jul 5, 2022
Us
✟43,770.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
NO This sounds like God
Jeremiah 29:11
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Everyone else is saying that it sounds like OCD,do u care to explain? Also…that verse also seems to point at it being OCD?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Everyone else is saying that it sounds like OCD,do u care to explain? Also…that verse also seems to point at it being OCD?
Maybe my post was not clear. God clearly is not out to kill people but He wants to help them in several ways.

Upvote 0