Jun 11, 2005
✟1,092,202.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
This latest poll shows Crist ahead by 6%--53% to 47%. Another shows them even, and all show him gaining on DeSantis.

I am glad that they seem to be standing up to a governmental style I can only describe as "bullying." They are fed up with stunts like traveling to Texas, misleading migrants into getting on to their private plane, and dropping them off on a small, isolated New England island without notice.

The fallout began when DeSantis started dictating what schools could and couldn't do, trying to weed out progressive teachers and professors, etc. Reactions to the Dobbs decision also took their toll.

And now a catastrophic hurricane threatens to land on one of Florida's largest cities--Tampa, with 400,000 residents and many more in its metro area. When Republican governors encounter Democratic mayors in these situations there's generally a lot of attempts to shift blame on both sides.

As a faraway observer, DeSantis seems to be an individual who has a lot of trouble showing compassion.
Ron DeSantis Trails Democrat Charlie Crist in New Poll After Migrant Flight (msn.com)

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
This latest poll shows Crist ahead by 6%--53% to 47%. Another shows them even, and all show him gaining on DeSantis.

I am glad that they seem to be standing up to a governmental style I can only describe as "bullying." They are fed up with stunts like traveling to Texas, misleading migrants into getting on to their private plane, and dropping them off on a small, isolated New England island without notice.

The fallout began when DeSantis started dictating what schools could and couldn't do, trying to weed out progressive teachers and professors, etc. Reactions to the Dobbs decision also took their toll.

And now a catastrophic hurricane threatens to land on one of Florida's largest cities--Tampa, with 400,000 residents and many more in its metro area. When Republican governors encounter Democratic mayors in these situations there's generally a lot of attempts to shift blame on both sides.

As a faraway observer, DeSantis seems to be an individual who has a lot of trouble showing compassion.
Ron DeSantis Trails Democrat Charlie Crist in New Poll After Migrant Flight (msn.com)

In short, no.

• Agree
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟371,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

what poll are you looking at? the poll are notoriously biased against republicans.

• Agree
Reactions: Blade
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,509.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
  • Haha
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,509.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
if that is what you think I said then you have issues.

Well, if we can't trust polls that are biased against him then we should look for polls that support him. Or better still maybe find some that aren't biased in the first place.

Perhaps you could suggest some we could use.

Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟371,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, if we can't trust polls that are biased against him then we should look for polls that support him. Or better still maybe find some that aren't biased in the first place.

Perhaps you could suggest some we could use.
look at the polls that have a track record of accuracy, in predicting winners.

Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟371,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Just let me say that I disagree with almost everything in this post. Watch the results of the election.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,509.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

OK, we'll use your choice: The Listerner Group. Can't be fairer than that. And from the article:

'After months in the lead, DeSantis trails Crist by 6 points in a poll by The Political Matrix and The Listener Group.'

Your link shows the position from over a year ago. Which was the point of the article - the loss of support over the last 12 months.

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat

The lack of compassion is the whole point for his fervent supporters. It would not surprise me that his latest stunt was highly damaging to his reputation among the growing Venezuelan population in Florida.

I'm hoping people see through his veiled pandering and dog whistles to bigots and realize its a deflection from addressing real policies.

Charlie Christ is a likable person and like Biden he has been a centrist focused on majoritarian politics rather than wedge issues.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

That's funny.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/e.../florida_governor_desantis_vs_crist-7324.html

Screenshot_20220928_050732.jpg

Now just say the exact opposite of everything you said and that will probably be more in line with reality.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,509.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That's funny.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/e.../florida_governor_desantis_vs_crist-7324.html

View attachment 321334

Now just say the exact opposite of everything you said and that will probably be more in line with reality.

If you'd read the article linked to in the op you would have read this:

'A landline poll of likely voters from The Listener Group in June of 2021 showed DeSantis with a nearly double-digit lead over all potential Democratic opponents'.

Compare that double-digit lead to the figures you just posted and tell me which way the wind is blowing.

• Agree
Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess we can only trust the ones that show him leading.
Which is the vast majority of them. So the reality is that liberals can only trust the polls that show him lagging. Wishful thinking I guess.

Upvote 0