his-girl

Saved by Grace
Jan 21, 2003
Visit site
✟238.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by Live4Jesus
Which is a real good thing to do his-girl.

Notice how when Jesus was tempted in the desrt by satan, what did he use as defense? a crucifix? no. A piece of leavened bread? no. The threat of his mother? no.

He used the word of God. Thats all.

Good example to follow I would say.

Of course many would have me follow the examples of others they call 'saints'.

ahem, I would like to point out that if its possible, shouldn't I always follow Jesus' example first?

hello. :)

This is too funny Live4Jesus, I was about ready to quote Matthew 4:10, then I read your post.  :cool:

The Word is all we need to follow HIS example :clap:  :clap:

Upvote 0

Live4Jesus

Dec 31, 2002
VA
Visit site
✟1,365.00
Originally posted by his-girl
This is too funny Live4Jesus, I was about ready to quote Matthew 4:10, then I read your post.  :cool:

The Word is all we need to follow HIS example :clap:  :clap:

Judge everything against it, thats why He gave it to you...

Only Jesus can get you home his-girl, only Jesus...

Be blessed :clap:

Upvote 0

KC Catholic

Everybody's gone surfin'...Surfin' U.S.A
Feb 5, 2002
Overland Park, KS
✟21,887.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by Terri

I agree!! God's Word has all of the answers.
  :clap:

If so then....

Matt 25: 31- 46

31: "When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne.

32: Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate them one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats,

33: and he will place the sheep at his right hand, but the goats at the left.

34: Then the King will say to those at his right hand, `Come, O blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world;

35: for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,

36: I was <B>naked</B> and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.'

37: Then the righteous will answer him, `Lord, when did we see thee hungry and feed thee, or thirsty and give thee drink?

38: And when did we see thee a stranger and welcome thee, or <B>naked</B> and clothe thee?

39: And when did we see thee sick or in prison and visit thee?'

40: And the King will answer them, `Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me.'

41: Then he will say to those at his left hand, `Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels;

42: for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink,

43: I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, <B>naked</B> and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.'

44: Then they also will answer, `Lord, when did we see thee hungry or thirsty or a stranger or <B>naked</B> or sick or in prison, and did not minister to thee?'

45: Then he will answer them, `Truly, I say to you, as you did it not to one of the least of these, you did it not to me.'

46: And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

and

James 2: 14-26

14: What does it profit, my brethren, if a man says he has faith but has not <B>works</B>? Can his faith save him?

15: If a brother or sister is ill-clad and in lack of daily food,

16: and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, be warmed and filled," without giving them the things needed for the body, what does it profit?

17: So faith by itself, if it has no <B>works</B>, is dead.

18: But some one will say, "You have faith and I have <B>works</B>." Show me your faith apart from your <B>works</B>, and I by my <B>works</B> will show you my faith.

19: You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe -- and shudder.

20: Do you want to be shown, you shallow man, that faith apart from <B>works</B> is barren?

21: Was not Abraham our father justified by <B>works</B>, when he offered his son Isaac upon the altar?

22: You see that faith was active along with his <B>works</B>, and faith was completed by <B>works</B>,

23: and the scripture was fulfilled which says, "Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness"; and he was called the friend of God.

24: You see that a man is justified by <B>works</B> and not by faith alone.

25: And in the same way was not also Rahab the harlot justified by <B>works</B> when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?

26: For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so faith apart from <B>works</B> is dead.

So here is scriptural proof from a Catholic that we will in fact be judged by our works and our faith is dead without works.
</SECTION>

Upvote 0

KC Catholic

Feb 5, 2002
Overland Park, KS
✟21,887.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
&nbsp;

&nbsp;

&nbsp; :clap:

&nbsp;

&nbsp;

If so then....

31: "When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne.

32: Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate them one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats,

34: Then the King will say to those at his right hand, `Come, O blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world;

35: for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,

36: I was <B>naked</B> and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.'

37: Then the righteous will answer him, `Lord, when did we see thee hungry and feed thee, or thirsty and give thee drink?

38: And when did we see thee a stranger and welcome thee, or <B>naked</B> and clothe thee?

40: And the King will answer them, `Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me.'

41: Then he will say to those at his left hand, `Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels;

42: for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink,

43: I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, <B>naked</B> and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.'

44: Then they also will answer, `Lord, when did we see thee hungry or thirsty or a stranger or <B>naked</B> or sick or in prison, and did not minister to thee?'

45: Then he will answer them, `Truly, I say to you, as you did it not to one of the least of these, you did it not to me.'

46: And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

and

14: What does it profit, my brethren, if a man says he has faith but has not <B>works</B>? Can his faith save him?

16: and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, be warmed and filled," without giving them the things needed for the body, what does it profit?

18: But some one will say, "You have faith and I have <B>works</B>." Show me your faith apart from your <B>works</B>, and I by my <B>works</B> will show you my faith.

19: You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe -- and shudder.

20: Do you want to be shown, you shallow man, that faith apart from <B>works</B> is barren?

21: Was not Abraham our father justified by <B>works</B>, when he offered his son Isaac upon the altar?

22: You see that faith was active along with his <B>works</B>, and faith was completed by <B>works</B>,

23: and the scripture was fulfilled which says, "Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness"; and he was called the friend of God.

25: And in the same way was not also Rahab the harlot justified by <B>works</B> when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?

26: For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so faith apart from <B>works</B> is dead.

So here is scriptural proof from a Catholic that we will in fact be judged by our works and our faith is dead without works - all from t
</SECTION>

Upvote 0

KC Catholic

Feb 5, 2002
Overland Park, KS
✟21,887.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
&nbsp;

&nbsp;

&nbsp;

&nbsp;

If so then....

and

So here is scriptural proof from a Catholic that we will in fact be judged by our works and our faith is dead without works - all
</SECTION>

Upvote 0

KC Catholic

Feb 5, 2002
Overland Park, KS
✟21,887.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
&nbsp;

&nbsp;

&nbsp;

&nbsp;

If so then....

and

So here is scriptural proof from a Catholic that we will in fact be judged by our works and our faith is dead without works - all from the
</SECTION>

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KC Catholic

Feb 5, 2002
Overland Park, KS
✟21,887.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
&nbsp;

&nbsp;

&nbsp;

&nbsp;

If so then....

and

So here is scriptural proof from a Catholic that we will in fact be judged by our works and our faith is dead without works - all from the word of God!&nbsp;
</SECTION>

Upvote 0

Annabel Lee

Beware the Thought Police
Feb 8, 2002
Q'onoS
✟39,227.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
I agree his-girl.&nbsp;

A lot of people of this board call it hate or bashing though.

Terri, it's all in the motivation.
When I discuss Christianity with my Protestant sister, our motivation is love.
When I discuss it with some people on this board I sense no love from them whatsoever. As a matter of fact, I feel just the opposite.

Some posters come here to bash the Catholic Church. What I would like to know is why?

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Seebs,

I believe that the Word of God is the final authority....period.

I believe God is the final authority, and that the Word of God is the Living Word, who was made flesh and dwelt among us, and that the Bible is not the Word, but just the words.

I also believe that the Bible is not silent on many issues, it's only silent on issues that the Catholic Church embraces.&nbsp; :confused:

It's silent on tons of issues; there's nothing in the Bible that directly addresses abortion, birth control, premarital sex, the modern belief that slavery is immoral, the moral status (if any) of pets, what kinds of music one can listen to, whether or not computers are compatible with a Christian life, or tons of other issues. On many of these issues, there are passages people have gradually changed their understanding of to get answers - but the answers we have today are not answers that someone a thousand years ago would have recognized.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

his-girl

Saved by Grace
Jan 21, 2003
Visit site
✟238.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by seebs
I believe God is the final authority, and that the Word of God is the Living Word, who was made flesh and dwelt among us, and that the Bible is not the Word, but just the words.

It's silent on tons of issues; there's nothing in the Bible that directly addresses abortion, birth control, premarital sex, the modern belief that slavery is immoral, the moral status (if any) of pets, what kinds of music one can listen to, whether or not computers are compatible with a Christian life, or tons of other issues. On many of these issues, there are passages people have gradually changed their understanding of to get answers - but the answers we have today are not answers that someone a thousand years ago would have recognized.

I disagree seebs.

Upvote 0

Live4Jesus

Dec 31, 2002
VA
Visit site
✟1,365.00
Originally posted by KC Catholic

So here is scriptural proof from a Catholic that we will in fact be judged by our works and our faith is dead without works - all from the
</SECTION>

I do believe you KC I do believe you.

That is another reason why I left the catholic church I guess...

Because only Jesus can get me home. Through no help from me. Its an act of God. I will just sit and wait on my Lord....

(I am so glad He doesn't listen to me!)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Upvote 0

KC Catholic

Feb 5, 2002
Overland Park, KS
✟21,887.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
KC,

So you don't believe that the Word has all the answers??

You believe He wasn't smart enough to put everything we needed in there for us?

His-girl ...take a minute and R-E-A-D the scripture I posted.

Then consider the previous comments about Catholics and works - and filthy rags posted by Andrew.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.