✟22,925.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by chelcb

My point was that Catholic saints that are declared so were a perfect example of what a Christian is supposed to be. Mother Thesesa is apparent of this.

Most if not all were a great example.  I say this without knowing of any I would say is not a good example but there are so many of them.  I think we atleast agree that the saints declared to be so by the RCC were good Christians.  At least all that I know are.

Upvote 0

Blackhawk

Monkey Boy
Feb 5, 2002
Ft. Worth, tx
Visit site
✟22,925.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by KC Catholic
Very good point.

I was watching 'Lord of the Rings' and it dawned on me...we need to be like the "Fellowship of the Ring". Why? because even though things separate us - like the Elves and the Dwarfs - we have a common goal we need to unite behind.

We are all called to spread the gospel, to care for the needs of those who are suffering in this world, and there is more than enough suffering to go around. We need to band together and bring the Good News of salvation to those who need to hear it. It's obvious we have all heard the Good News - that's why we're all here.

Rather than battle each other, why not band together and help spread the word. I know its 180 degrees from where we've been for the last few hours, but Blynn spoke to me and I feel like Jesus is laying this on my heart now.

Thoughts?

Great posts Blynn and KC.  I agree we must unite.  We have differences of opinion that we can debate but lets never lose site that we are on the same team.  I know both of y'all love the lord and both of y'all show it with your lives. And I can say that about the others in this debate also even though I do not know them as well.  Except for maybe Seebs. 

I do have one question though.  This has been  a debate between Catholics and protestants.  Who are the elves and who are the dwarves?  I feel like a Dwarf right now.  My vote would be Catholics- elves and protestants- dwarves. 

Upvote 0

Blackhawk

Monkey Boy
Feb 5, 2002
Ft. Worth, tx
Visit site
✟22,925.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by Julie
What I want to know is where is all the non-Catholic Mods?
There has only been one on this thread and it was very brief.

I am still around but I work the early morning shift at UPS (3am start time) so I can go to seminary during the day.  But this thread and this site is not about the Catholics vs. the Protestants.  whether there is a Catholic mod. in here or a protestant one they still hold the same amount of weight for their respected positions.  Neither have an agenda or are out to get regular members who are of the different type of church than they are.  This board is about unity in all of Jesus' church.  I stand by KC and Blynn not just because of forum rules but I because I know them and their character and I am proud to be on staff with them and all the rest of the Catholic and protestant staff members. 

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.