London
✟79,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Baptism is a fantastic celebration of Gods work in our hearts.
It confirms what has happened within with a ceremony without.

I think like a marriage is not made by getting married, getting married
celebrates the commitment two people are making towards each other.
So a living breathing healthy believer would not want to not participate
and bring glory to His name in being baptised.

This marking of repentance and faith, is something valuable and spiritually
a right of passage.

I was christened as a baby, confirmed and then baptised as an adult.
The one that mattered to me was my baptism, though I respect the others,
in truth they were not with believers but was more about religion and fear,
not righteousness, sin and repentance leading to new birth.

So once the language is "Baptism a requirement for salvation" the plot has
left the building. Rebellion against the words of Jesus, now that is sin, and
continual rebellion leads to a loss of faith and walking away from Jesus which
is spiritual death and liable to the lake of fire.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟887,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There's been much discussion about this issue in my saved by works thread and I figured I'd make a topic about it. It's my impression that no, we are not saved by baptism and the verses that seem to imply that Baptism is a requirement for salvation need to be looked at closer. Like for example in John 3:5. Jesus says:

“Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit."

So just what is "being born of water?" To answer that we have to look at what Nicodemus says in John 3:4 "How can someone be born when they are old? Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!". also look at Jesus's reply in John 3:6 " Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.". Jesus was talking about our physical and spiritual births. Nobody can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born into the world and then are born again spiritually. That's what Jesus was saying in John 3:5 not that we have to be baptized to enter the kingdom of God.

Second, we have to look at Mark 16:16 it says

"Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned."

Notice it doesn't say those who believe but are not baptized are condemned. To say that this verse is proof that baptism is required for salvation is to add words that are not present in the holy text. If Baptism were a requirement for salvation Mark would have said "But those who do not believe or who believe but are not baptized will be condemned". All the first part of the verse is saying is that those who happen to be baptized will be saved. Also see: Does Mark 16:16 teach that baptism is necessary for salvation?. Got questions explains it a lot better than I ever could.

These are just two of the most popular verses in the Bible that people try to use to "prove" that baptism is a requirement for salvation. But, there isn't a single verse in the Bible that "proves" that baptism is a requirement for salvation because, it isn't.

There also are examples in the bible of people being saved without being baptized like the thief on the cross. If baptism were required for salvation why would Jesus say "today you will be with me in paradise!"

So, what's the point in getting baptized then if it doesn't save us? Because, Baptism is a part of faith. Simple as that.

I’ve often wondered about this and you make a good point. Being baptized in the Spirit is what changes us into a new creation. Personally I believe this is what is necessary to receive salvation. Water baptism doesn’t always result in being born again.

Upvote 0

justbyfaith

justified sinner
May 19, 2017
Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I’ve often wondered about this and you make a good point. Being baptized in the Spirit is what changes us into a new creation. Personally I believe this is what is necessary to receive salvation. Water baptism doesn’t always result in being born again.
Faith in the operation of God must be a factor if it is going to be salvational.

Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

Light of the East

I'm Just a Singer in an OCA Choir
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

What makes you so sure of that?

The first Christians taught that one goes into the water dead in sins and arises new in Christ.

Upvote 0

Wordkeeper

Oct 1, 2013
✟91,080.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Operation of God can mean many things. What exactly are you referring to?
Baptism is the ticket into a process, the contract into a Covenant.

Israel was baptised into Moses. They drank from the Rock, were shown the Way, dependence on God, which is what the word "Christ" means. However the revelation did not benefit most of them, because the text says that with most of them God was not pleased, declaring they would not enter His rest.

New Covenant believers are baptised into Christ. They are shown the Way, dependence on God. Judas was shaken, was not confident he could depend on God, like the disbelieving Israelites. He never entered Rest either.

Hebrews 4:7He again fixes a certain day, “Today,” saying through David after so long a time just as has been said before,
“TODAY IF YOU HEAR HIS VOICE,
DO NOT HARDEN YOUR HEARTS.”

8For if Joshua had given them rest, He would not have spoken of another day after that. 9So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God. 10For the one who has entered His rest has himself also rested from his works, as God did from His. 11Therefore let us be diligent to enter that rest, so that no one will fall, through following the same example of disobedienc
e.

Remember, you aren't going to drink from the Rock, see the Way of God, unless you leave Egypt, confess that serving selfish interests only results in treasure that perishes and are baptised into Christ to serve God for heavenly treasure. And you won't enter, possess the Kingdom unless you believe that God can be depended on, are born again.

Have you seen the Way?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Wordkeeper

Oct 1, 2013
✟91,080.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The word "Spirit" is used to distinguish the baptism into Christ from the baptism into Moses.

Acts of the Apostles 19:1It happened that while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul passed through the upper country and came to Ephesus, and found some disciples. 2He said to them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?” And they said to him, “No, we have not even heard whether there is a Holy Spirit.” 3And he said, “Into what then were you baptized?” And they said, “Into John’s baptism.” 4Paul said, “John baptized with the baptism of repentance, telling the people to believe in Him who was coming after him, that is, in Jesus.” 5When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 6And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they began speaking with tongues and prophesying.

Galatians 3:5So then, does He who provides you with the Spirit and works miracles among you, do it by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?

Both involve water, Israel was engaged into the Mosaic Contract by the Red Sea, Joshua/Christians into the New Covenant by the River Jordan.

However, it's not the baptism that leads to being born again. Being born again is repentance, meta noia, change of mind, seeing God is able to keep His promise, and believing. The first phase, was leaving dependence on serving selfish interest and agreeing to dependence on serving God. When we have left a mindset of believing we can live only by serving selfish interest to a mindset of serving the interests of God, we have been born again.

Baptism by water, the confession that serving Egypt was oppressive, futile, pointless, only gave access to seeing God prove His dependability to bless. He made water and food disappear, and then provided.

Did you agree to leave serving mammon? Only then can you see the great works of God. Be baptised on the correct confession for this to hapen.

Did you see the miracles God did amongst you and your brothers and believe on this basis that God can be depended on to overcome the obstacles in Canaan, sins in your life and bring you into rest in Christ? Then you are born again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The word "Spirit" is used to distinguish the baptism into Christ from the baptism into Moses.

Acts of the Apostles 19:1It happened that while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul passed through the upper country and came to Ephesus, and found some disciples. 2He said to them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?” And they said to him, “No, we have not even heard whether there is a Holy Spirit.” 3And he said, “Into what then were you baptized?” And they said, “Into John’s baptism.” 4Paul said, “John baptized with the baptism of repentance, telling the people to believe in Him who was coming after him, that is, in Jesus.” 5When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 6And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they began speaking with tongues and prophesying.

Galatians 3:5So then, does He who provides you with the Spirit and works miracles among you, do it by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?

Both involve water, Israel was engaged into the Mosaic Contract by the Red Sea, Joshua/Christians into the New Covenant by the River Jordan.

However, it's not the baptism that leads to being born again. Being born again is repentance, meta noia, change of mind, seeing God is able to keep His promise, and believing. The first phase, was leaving dependence on serving selfish interest and agreeing to dependence on serving God. When we have left a mindset of believing we can live only by serving selfish interest to a mindset of serving the interests of God, we have been born again.

Baptism by water, the confession that serving Egypt was oppressive, futile, pointless, only gave access to seeing God prove His dependability to bless. He made water and food disappear, and then provided.

Did you agree to leave serving mammon? Only then can you see the great works of God.
Are you trying to say baptism of water is OT stuff? Because I guess the Apostles were wrong when they baptized people.

Upvote 0

Wordkeeper

Oct 1, 2013
✟91,080.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you trying to say baptism of water is OT stuff? Because I guess the Apostles were wrong when they baptized people.
The Pharisees did only the minor points of the Law, avoiding justice, mercy and faithfulness, which are the weightier matters of the Mosaic Covenant. That's why John had to correct the problem, make them change their minds, repent. He baptised them into correct observation of the MOSAIC COVENANT. This is Baptism into Water using water baptism (baptism is always water baptism, the only difference is if it is into Water, leading to seeing water from the Rock, supernatural phenomena, or if is into Spirit, leading to being given a tongue, a psalm, an interpretation, supernatural explanation of the Bible).

But he taught them that this would only avert wrath, because the Mosaic Covenant was a pedagogos, babysitter, guardian, protector, until the parents, Christ and the New Covenant returned. They needed to upgrade to that New Covenant when Christ arrived.

In other words, the apostles had to baptise again those who had been baptised by John.

Act's 19:1It happened that while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul passed through the upper country and came to Ephesus, and found some disciples. 2He said to them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?” And they said to him, “No, we have not even heard whether there is a Holy Spirit.” 3And he said, “Into what then were you baptized?” And they said, “Into John’s baptism.” 4Paul said, “John baptized with the baptism of repentance, telling the people to believe in Him who was coming after him, that is, in Jesus.” 5When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 6And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they began speaking with tongues and prophesying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The Pharisees did only the minor points of the Law, avoiding justice, mercy and faithfulness, which are the weightier matters of the Mosaic Covenant. That's why John had to correct the problem, make them change their minds, repent. He baptised them into correct observation of the MOSAIC COVENANT. This is Baptism into Water using water baptism (baptism is always water baptism, the only difference is if it is into Water, leading to seeing water from the Rock, supernatural phenomena, or if is into Spirit, leading to being given a tongue, a psalm, an interpretation, supernatural explanation of the Bible).

But he taught them that this would only avert wrath, because the Mosaic Covenant was a pedagogos, babysitter, guardian, protector, until the parents, Christ and the New Covenant returned. They needed to upgrade to that New Covenant when Christ arrived.

In other words, the apostles had to baptise again those who had been baptised by John.

Act's 19:1It happened that while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul passed through the upper country and came to Ephesus, and found some disciples. 2He said to them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?” And they said to him, “No, we have not even heard whether there is a Holy Spirit.” 3And he said, “Into what then were you baptized?” And they said, “Into John’s baptism.” 4Paul said, “John baptized with the baptism of repentance, telling the people to believe in Him who was coming after him, that is, in Jesus.” 5When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 6And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they began speaking with tongues and prophesying.
They had to baptize John's disciples because they didn't know about Jesus.
What's interesting is that they received the Holy Spirit not when they believed but whn the Apostles put hands on them.

Upvote 0

Wordkeeper

Oct 1, 2013
✟91,080.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They had to baptize John's disciples because they didn't know about Jesus.
What's interesting is that they received the Holy Spirit not when they believed but whn the Apostles put hands on them.
1 Timothy 5:22Do not lay hands upon anyone too hastily and thereby share responsibility for the sins of others; keep yourself free from sin.

Paul had to do it because they were far way from Jerusalem, and they needed to have some people who could settle doctrine.

Hands were layed on missionaries too, to equip them to lead when the apostles were not nearby.

Upvote 0

Bible2+

Matthew 4:4
Sep 14, 2015
✟91,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Strong in Him said in post #335:

[Re: Baptism brings us into Jesus (Galatians 3:27)]

No it doesn't.
Otherwise my humanist cousins and atheist brothers, who were all baptised as babies, would be in Christ - or at the very least, interested church goers.

Note that unless God wants to make an exception for an elect individual (Exodus 33:19b, Romans 9:15), infant baptism is not valid, because baptism is useless for salvation, and is not even allowed, unless the one being baptized is already a believer with all of his heart that Jesus Christ is the Son of God (Acts 8:36-38, Mark 16:16). Also, Christians need to be not just sprinkled with water, as is often done with infant baptism, but water-immersion (burial) baptized (Romans 6:3-11, Colossians 2:12), in order to be ultimately saved from hell (Mark 16:16; 1 Peter 3:21, Galatians 3:27, Acts 2:38, Acts 22:16).

-

It is sometimes mistakenly said that infant baptism still means that God has claimed that infant. But only elect infants have been claimed by God. Nonelect infants have no hope of salvation (Romans 9:11-22), even if their parents get them baptized. There is no way to prove whether or not an infant is elect until he or she grows up and becomes a Christian, proving that he or she is elect (Acts 13:48b), or until he or she dies without ever becoming a Christian, proving that he or she is nonelect (John 8:42-47).

-

That is, the elect are those individuals, whether Jews or Gentiles, who were chosen (elected) and predestinated by God before the foundation of the world (Ephesians 1:4-11; 2 Thessalonians 2:13), before they were born (Romans 9:11-24), to become initially saved by faith in Jesus Christ and His Gospel at some point during their lifetime (Acts 13:48b; 2 Timothy 2:10; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4). This initial salvation is possible only because of Jesus' sacrifice on the Cross for our sins (Romans 3:25-26), which was also foreordained by God before the foundation of the world (Revelation 13:8; 1 Peter 1:19-20).

Everyone on his own is wholly corrupt (Romans 3:9-12). And so it is impossible for people on their own to ever believe in Jesus Christ and His Gospel and be initially saved (1 Corinthians 15:1-4, John 20:31; 1 John 5:13), through their own will (Romans 9:16, John 1:13, John 6:65), or their own intellect (1 Corinthians 1:18 to 2:16). Unsaved people cannot understand the Gospel (1 Corinthians 2:14; 1 Corinthians 1:18), because only initially saved people, who have received the miraculous gift of some measure of God's own Spirit, can understand it (1 Corinthians 2:11-16).

Nonelect people cannot ever believe in Jesus Christ and His Gospel and be initially saved, even when they are shown the truth (John 8:42-47, John 10:26, Matthew 13:38-42). For the ability to believe in Jesus and His Gospel comes only to elect individuals (Acts 13:48b) wholly by God's grace as a miraculous gift from God (Ephesians 2:8, John 6:65; 1 Corinthians 3:5b, Romans 12:3b, Hebrews 12:2) as the elect read (or hear) God's Word the Holy Bible (Romans 10:17, Acts 13:48, Acts 26:22-23), just as the ability to repent comes only as a miraculous gift from God (2 Timothy 2:25, Acts 11:18). Satan blinds the minds of non-Christians, so that on their own they cannot repent and acknowledge the truth of God's Word (2 Corinthians 4:4; 2 Timothy 2:25-26).

Strong in Him said in post #335:

If someone says that Jesus saves but that to have "ultimate salvation" you need baptism, that's saying that Jesus only did part of the job; that his atoning death was not enough.

Note that it is baptism which brings us into His atoning death (Romans 6:3-11).

Upvote 0

Bible2+

Matthew 4:4
Sep 14, 2015
✟91,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
justbyfaith said in post #340:

A person who is trusting his works to save him is an unbeliever.

Note that a believer must have continued works if he is to obtain ultimate salvation (Matthew 7:21). And this is not assured, because of free will.

For example, Matthew 25:26,30 shows that even someone who was a servant of Jesus Christ can ultimately lose his salvation because of unrepentant laziness. One way that a Christian could desire to become lazy without repentance would be if he finds a particular sin to be very pleasurable, so pleasurable and so fulfilling (in the short term), that he continues in it over time until his love for God grows cold because of the abundance of iniquity (Matthew 24:12). Love for God means choosing to do what God says to do (1 John 5:3). So if one's love for God grows cold (Matthew 24:12), one will no longer choose to do what God says to do (John 14:24), meaning that one will become lazy in God's eyes (Matthew 25:26,30).

justbyfaith said in post #340:

The devil is not Omnipotent and can never change one of Jesus' sheep back into a dog or pig once they have been transformed into a sheep.

But free will can.

For example, 2 Peter 2:20-22 refers to Christians who had truly escaped the pollutions of the world (2 Peter 2:20, cf. 2 Peter 1:4b); they had truly been washed (2 Peter 2:22b, cf. 1 Corinthians 6:11, Hebrews 10:22) through knowing Jesus Christ (2 Peter 2:20, cf. 2 Peter 1:3b, John 17:3,17). But they nonetheless at some subsequent point wrongly employed their free will to return back to sinning without repentance, so that their ultimate fate will be worse than if they had never been saved at all (2 Peter 2:20b-21, cf. Hebrews 10:26-29).

-

OSAS must ultimately negate free will.

Upvote 0

justbyfaith

justified sinner
May 19, 2017
Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Note that a believer must have continued works if he is to obtain ultimate salvation (Matthew 7:21). And this is not assured, because of free will.

For example, Matthew 25:26,30 shows that even someone who was a servant of Jesus Christ can ultimately lose his salvation because of unrepentant laziness. One way that a Christian could desire to become lazy without repentance would be if he finds a particular sin to be very pleasurable, so pleasurable and so fulfilling (in the short term), that he continues in it over time until his love for God grows cold because of the abundance of iniquity (Matthew 24:12). Love for God means choosing to do what God says to do (1 John 5:3). So if one's love for God grows cold (Matthew 24:12), one will no longer choose to do what God says to do (John 14:24), meaning that one will become lazy in God's eyes (Matthew 25:26,30).

But free will can.

For example, 2 Peter 2:20-22 refers to Christians who had truly escaped the pollutions of the world (2 Peter 2:20, cf. 2 Peter 1:4b); they had truly been washed (2 Peter 2:22b, cf. 1 Corinthians 6:11, Hebrews 10:22) through knowing Jesus Christ (2 Peter 2:20, cf. 2 Peter 1:3b, John 17:3,17). But they nonetheless at some subsequent point wrongly employed their free will to return back to sinning without repentance, so that their ultimate fate will be worse than if they had never been saved at all (2 Peter 2:20b-21, cf. Hebrews 10:26-29).

-

OSAS must ultimately negate free will.
A dog returns to its vomit; and a pig to its wallowing in the mire. This is not the nature of a sheep; a sheep will not do that: Sheep despise mud and vomit because we are new creatures in Christ. If any sheep ends up in mud or vomit, his cry is, "Wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from this body of death?"

It is the nature of a born again believer to despise sin and to hate and eschew evil. You seem to think that there is no work of transformation when a man is born again; and that being born again is equal to a commitment to strive to do good works in order to obtain "ultimate" salvation.

This is wrong. Being born again means an inward transformation; and this is the reason why we do good works.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,596.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are not only wrong,

In what way am I wrong?
You said that baptism brings someone to Jesus. I gave you facts - that my 3 brothers and 3 cousins were all baptised yet none are believers. My cousins are humanists; my aunt and uncle had them baptised, knowing that they didn't believe what they were saying in church.

your answers, both in this post and throughout the thread have shown an amazing lack of knowledge of what the Christian faith has taught from the beginning.

In what way?
I've quoted Scripture showing that Jesus, alone, saves. I've also tried to explain the thinking behind infant baptism. I didn't make those things, and that doctrine, up; it is practised by mainstream churches and is a holy sacrament.

The reason that people fall away from Christ is that we are not robots.

Yes, exactly - we have been given minds of our own and the ability to choose. I don't think that anything I said contradicts that.

The idea of "once saved - always saved" is a false idea of salvation based on a forensic soteriology which the Church never knew.

I don't remember discussing the idea of OSAS; I don't know that I believe it anyway.

Baptism is the "wedding ceremony" of Christianity

That's where I would disagree with you.
If you are talking about infant baptism, I was baptised long before I became a Christian, and many go through this ceremony and never do come to Christ. I have relatives who have had baptism ceremonies for their children because it was "the thing to do", expected of them, or the chance to use the family christening gown, have a party and get presents for the baby. They didn't believe the vows they made in church and never went there again. In what sense are their children "in Christ"? He still loves them and died for them, but they are not believers.
If you are talking about adult baptism, I met the Lord, became a Christian and was one for several years before I was baptised by immersion. If I was only "married" to Christ when I was baptised, what were the years after I had accepted Jesus, confessed him as Lord and been filled with the Spirit? Are you saying that had I died at that point, Christ's death would not have been enough to save me - that I would have met God and been told, "sorry, you are only 'engaged' to my Son; not married"?

the Eucharist is the nuptial bed where the two become one flesh.

Scripture?
I was confirmed when I was 14 - several years after being baptised as a child, but 2 years before I became a Christian. In the Anglican church, confirmation precedes receiving communion - or, at least, it did then.
According to your reasoning, I "married" Christ at the age of 3 months, "became one flesh" with him at the age of 14, and THEN, 2 years later, became a Christian, was born again and received the Spirit - meaning that I was one with Christ long before I believed and accepted him.
So why did I need to accept Christ if I was already one with him?

Honestly, please get Ray Sutton's book THAT YOU MAY PROSPER - Dominion by Covenant and read it.

Why?
I'm more interested on what Scripture says about it - which is not that you are "married" to Christ when you are baptised.

After that, get Patrick Seamus O'Hara's book THE DANCE OF ISAIAH, which corrects some of Sutton's Calvinist errors in an otherwise good book of covenant principles.

So you're recommending one book, and then recommending another which corrects the mistakes of the first one you recommended?

I think I'll stick with Scripture, thanks.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟887,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What makes you so sure of that?

The first Christians taught that one goes into the water dead in sins and arises new in Christ.

Self experience. I was baptized at the age of 5 and had absolutely no life change. It wasn’t until I was 39 years old that I was baptized again but this time I had already begun to change my life by the guidance of the Holy Spirit before I was baptized the second time. Cornelius and the other Gentiles also received the Holy Spirit before being baptized.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟887,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Baptism is the ticket into a process, the contract into a Covenant.

Israel was baptised into Moses. They drank from the Rock, were shown the Way, dependence on God, which is what the word "Christ" means. However the revelation did not benefit most of them, because the text says that with most of them God was not pleased, declaring they would not enter His rest.

New Covenant believers are baptised into Christ. They are shown the Way, dependence on God. Judas was shaken, was not confident he could depend on God, like the disbelieving Israelites. He never entered Rest either.

Hebrews 4:7He again fixes a certain day, “Today,” saying through David after so long a time just as has been said before,
“TODAY IF YOU HEAR HIS VOICE,
DO NOT HARDEN YOUR HEARTS.”

8For if Joshua had given them rest, He would not have spoken of another day after that. 9So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God. 10For the one who has entered His rest has himself also rested from his works, as God did from His. 11Therefore let us be diligent to enter that rest, so that no one will fall, through following the same example of disobedienc
e.

Remember, you aren't going to drink from the Rock, see the Way of God, unless you leave Egypt, confess that serving selfish interests only results in treasure that perishes and are baptised into Christ to serve God for heavenly treasure. And you won't enter, possess the Kingdom unless you believe that God can be depended on, are born again.

Have you seen the Way?

Yes I have :)

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟887,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Did you agree to leave serving mammon? Only then can you see the great works of God. Be baptised on the correct confession for this to hapen.

Did you see the miracles God did amongst you and your brothers and believe on this basis that God can be depended on to overcome the obstacles in Canaan, sins in your life and bring you into rest in Christ? Then you are born again.

I’ve received many blessings since coming to Christ and a few what I call miracles. Although it’s likely that there may have been more that I didn’t actually realize.

Upvote 0

ColoRaydo

Feb 9, 2017
Colorado
✟33,572.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
There are no technicalities in Christianity. If someone were to accept Christ but die on the way to their own baptism, would they not be saved because they didn’t get baptized first or would they be saved because they meant to? Where’s the cutoff? What if they were driving slowly because they wanted to hear the end of game 7 of the World Series? In or out?

Should we get baptized? Yes!

Is it an earthly requirement? No.

Baptism will not ensure anyone’s salvation any more than reciting Hail Mary’s or tithing.

It’s faith alone (and true faith will bring about the works and repentance).

One thing is for sure, if baptism were a hard and fast requirement for salvation it would be clearly stated so and not left to any possibility of misinterpretation.

• Agree
Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0