Irony: we've crossed the 60 million abortions mark....

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
....60 million murdered unborn children, just in the US just since Roe v Wade. We just crossed that line recently, I believe just this year. We're now passed 60,266,250. We murder an unborn child every 33 seconds or so.

This is a bit of an irony thread. It think about all the things modern Christians are getting worked up about. Trump insulted so and so, Trump cursed and said naughty words, Trump's been divorced twice, etc. And yet, in the last 45 years, we've murdered more children than Hitler and Stalin combined. In fact we've now doubled their combined total.

Just curious what God thinks about all this. Is he happy with the modern Church? Is the abortion holocaust (I think a fair term) even on the modern Church's radar anymore? Is the makeup of the Supreme Court on the Church's radar today? I rarely hear it from pulpits anymore.

I'm agnostic on Trump's faith. There are concerns he may not be born again. Then again he might be in the infancy of his faith. But I thank God he is fighting this war against abortion better than any President before him (from federal appointments to the withholding of funds). I find myself to be much more concerned about this macro-issue, then the micro-issues permeating Christian rhetoric today.

Rumors have it, Trump may be making yet another Supreme Court pick this summer, which would tilt the court toward pro-life for the first time in 45 years. We'll actually see challenges to RvW if that happens. Are Christians praying for this? Are they supporting Trump in this? Or are the hoping he'll be impeached for too many tweets? The answer will give us a good indicator of the spiritual condition of this modern Church generation. My suspicion is, God is much more disappointed in us, than He is in Trump.

Last edited:

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I think God's plenty disappointed in Trump, more disappointed in the folks who let him come to be. There were honest Christian Republicans in the primary but Trump got picked instead. There's been rumors that Roe v Wade would end since the day is was ruled on nearly 50 years back. Main difference between then & now is that folks can buy those abortion pills on the internet.

I feel extremely sorry for anybody who voted for Trump mainly on account of thinking that he'll be able to get Roe v Wade overturned & that even if that happened it would have a big impact on abortions.

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi cal,

You wrote:

Yes, but in their defense, they didn't have 45 years in which to get it done.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Irony meter explodes.

I think this post sums up the ironic condition of the modern Church in America. If I could pick one statement by a Christian (professing or otherwise) which epitomizes and exemplifies the irony of Christian attitudes toward abortion, I'd pick Ted's defense of Hitler and Stalin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0