Colorado Supreme Court kicks Trump off the state's 2024 primary ballot for violating the U.S. Constitution

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Kick him off the ballot everywhere for being a coup-encouraging possibly racist/fascist sympathizer/leader. Do we want a President or a Despot? Trump desires unwavering loyalty and compliance for whatever his handlers say is right to gain more power for his Nationalist ideals. (I'll skip calling his followers racist or fascist so I don't get knocked for flaming).
There's a simple solution to that problem that doesn't involve trying to kick people off of ballots...

Pick someone who appeals to more people and who can beat him handily....

There are options...the Democrats have a deep bench in terms of people who could beat Trump in an election.

But it would require a certain level of humility and a concession/acknowledgement perhaps circling the wagons around Biden to insulate him from any and all criticism was maybe a mistake and they should've held him to his implied agreement that he'd only serve one term and then get out of the way.

There's an easy pathway for Democrats to win in 2024 (with or without Trump being on ballots), agree to have a spirited primary, and push Newsom.

Newsom can beat Trump

The fact that every major public poll shows RFK Jr. being a "disrupting factor" that changes the dynamic of predicted outcomes shows that we're in, yet another, election cycle in which not too many people are terribly crazy about either of the main options.

If this were were 2012 and before, "if RFK and Cornel West decide to run or not to run, here's how it could drastically reshape the election" wouldn't even be a blip on the radar.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There's a simple solution to that problem that doesn't involve trying to kick people off of ballots...

There are options...the Democrats have a deep bench in terms of people who could beat Trump in an election.

But it would require a certain level of humility and a concession/acknowledgement perhaps circling the wagons around Biden to insulate him from any and all criticism was maybe a mistake and they should've held him to his implied agreement that he'd only serve one term and then get out of the way.

Yes, that would be a good solution. But it certainly isn't easy. That is maybe the most disheartening aspect of it all. That the GOP has no one more appealing to those voters presently who is willing to take on the challenge.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,076.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
So when the call is one you like, It's justice. But if it's one you don't, it's not.

I mean how transparent is that? How can you be taken seriously?

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green

There's an easy pathway for Democrats to win in 2024 (with or without Trump being on ballots), agree to have a spirited primary, and push Newsom.

Newsom can beat Trump

The fact that every major public poll shows RFK Jr. being a "disrupting factor" that changes the dynamic of predicted outcomes shows that we're in, yet another, election cycle in which not too many people are terribly crazy about either of the main options.

If this were were 2012 and before, "if RFK and Cornel West decide to run or not to run, here's how it could drastically reshape the election" wouldn't even be a blip on the radar.
I think you are right

• Optimistic
Reactions: ThatRobGuy
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,076.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
His actions? He wanted Mike Pence to not certify. That was not illegal. he wanted an investigation first.
Bulldust. What Trump Asked of Pence - FactCheck.org

'On Fox News the following night, Aug. 2, former Vice President Mike Pence called that claim “completely false.” Pence said Trump and his “gaggle of crackpot lawyers” asked him “to literally reject votes.”

“I think it’s important that the American people know what happened in the days before January 6,” Pence said. “President Trump demanded that I use my authority as vice president presiding over the count of the Electoral College to essentially overturn the election by returning or literally rejecting votes. I had no authority to do that.”

And Trump:

'All Vice President Pence has to do is send it back to the States to recertify, and we become president...'

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, that would be a good solution. But it certainly isn't easy. That is maybe the most disheartening aspect of it all. That the GOP has no one more appealing to those voters presently who is willing to take on the challenge.
That's the irony, they actually do

According to multiple polls.
Nikki Haley polls better than Trump against Biden, and Newsom polls better against Trump than Biden.

Seems like the rational option is to let us all choose between Haley and Newsom. (I wouldn't see a Haley or Newsom presidency as a "the sky is falling moment", they're both respectable candidates)

Obviously this is still somewhat speculative, as polls nearly a year out don't necessarily reflect what'll happen in late 2024... Obama's polling numbers against Romney weren't all that great in late 2011, but he he still cleaned up handily once it got down to "game day" But the big difference is that Obama had several tools in his toolbelt that Biden simply doesn't have (primarily in the Charisma department), and Romney wasn't as prone to rash decisions and erratic behavior that shift things one way or the other like Trump is.

You can build a PR strategy to improve perceptions and outreach with a younger fresher person like Obama...I'm not convinced Biden would be able to stay awake during a PR strategy meeting that lasts more than 45 mins.

On the other side of the fence, Trump's erratic tendency's either make him more loved or more hated (sometimes both within the same 72-hour window), as to where Romney was a guy who was homeostasis personified, so the DNC could build a strategy against him knowing that they wouldn't have to really worry about having to pivot to another talking point 2 months later.

For instance, in building a strategy for Obama against Romney, the DNC didn't have to worry about "hey we know the GOP has a lot of anti-vaccine people, and Trump just went out there and bragged about inventing the vaccine and was willing get booed by his own audience by saying it not two weeks after pandering to them" or "hey Trump said last week there's no bigger 2nd amendment guy than me...but then he just sat down with Diane Feinstein in a televised meeting and agreed with her that we should ban bumpstocks and have red flag laws"

Given that charisma is half of the equation in politics, since Trump is something of a "moving target" with regards to policy, the DNC needs to go all in on the Charisma aspect, and that's something Newsom has in droves. That should be their guy, not Biden.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I would vote for Keith Ellison for President but he's too short to win, not to mention his being a Muslim. Every single Redneck in the country would come down off the hill to vote for anybody but him. Is that off-topic? Sorry if it is.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I would vote for Keith Ellison for President but he's too short to win, not to mention his being a Muslim. Every single Redneck in the country would come down off the hill to vote for anybody but him. Is that off-topic? Sorry if it is.
You never know these days...

The "enemy of my enemy is my friend" sentiment is strong with some people these days...

Obviously this wouldn't apply to Ellison...but
I'd wouldn't be the least bit surprised if staunch hard-right people would go in for a Muslim fundamentalist if they saw them as a person who would take up their fight against some of the progressive social initiatives.

The GOP does have a certain propensity for highlighting candidates/people who they think "break the mold" so to speak.

For instance, if there's a person who, from a demographic standpoint, is someone who would typically be on the democrat's side (statistically speaking), they do tend to rally around them and prop them up.

And I can't say that I entirely fault them for that strategy.

For instance, if every policy I made was getting labelled as <insert -ism here>, I can understand why they'd want to find someone from that group who agrees with them to highlight.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,076.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Hopefully the three people Trump put on the Court remember who gave them their job and vote accordingly.
It shouldn't matter. But we're well past the point where It doesn't.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's the irony, they actually do

According to multiple polls.
Nikki Haley polls better than Trump against Biden, and Newsom polls better against Trump than Biden.

Seems like the rational option is to let us all choose between Haley and Newsom. (I wouldn't see a Haley or Newsom presidency as a "the sky is falling moment", they're both respectable candidates)

Obviously this is still somewhat speculative, as polls nearly a year out don't necessarily reflect what'll happen in late 2024... Obama's polling numbers against Romney weren't all that great in late 2011, but he he still cleaned up handily once it got down to "game day" But the big difference is that Obama had several tools in his toolbelt that Biden simply doesn't have (primarily in the Charisma department), and Romney wasn't as prone to rash decisions and erratic behavior that shift things one way or the other like Trump is.

You can build a PR strategy to improve perceptions and outreach with a younger fresher person like Obama...I'm not convinced Biden would be able to stay awake during a PR strategy meeting that lasts more than 45 mins.

On the other side of the fence, Trump's erratic tendency's either make him more loved or more hated (sometimes both within the same 72-hour window), as to where Romney was a guy who was homeostasis personified, so the DNC could build a strategy against him knowing that they wouldn't have to really worry about having to pivot to another talking point 2 months later.

For instance, in building a strategy for Obama against Romney, the DNC didn't have to worry about "hey we know the GOP has a lot of anti-vaccine people, and Trump just went out there and bragged about inventing the vaccine and was willing get booed by his own audience by saying it not two weeks after pandering to them" or "hey Trump said last week there's no bigger 2nd amendment guy than me...but then he just sat down with Diane Feinstein in a televised meeting and agreed with her that we should ban bumpstocks and have red flag laws"

Given that charisma is half of the equation in politics, since Trump is something of a "moving target" with regards to policy, the DNC needs to go all in on the Charisma aspect, and that's something Newsom has in droves. That should be their guy, not Biden.

I don't think Nikki is more appealing to primary voters is my point. I agree she or Newsom are tolerable choices. But she likely won't have a chance due to obstinance.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
His actions? He wanted Mike Pence to not certify. That was not illegal. he wanted an investigation first.

It would have been illegal for Pence to actually *do* anything. He had no power regarding certification. None. His job was to follow procedure and count votes.

• Agree
Reactions: childeye 2
Upvote 0

Merrill

Mar 25, 2023
Chicago
✟56,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And then today I see this

we are going into uncharted territory. "Lawfare" is being launched by both parties

and as I said before, I don't see Democratic governors like Whitmer and Hobbs respecting the SCOTUS decision (which will almost certainly overturn the Colorado decision--maybe unanimously). They will keep Trump off the ballot anyway, citing their powers as governor, and thus disenfranchising the citizens of their states.

The GOP will retaliate by kicking Biden off the ballot in some southern states--but Biden will still win if Trump is kept off the ballot in Michigan, Arizona, etc.

the Democrats are/will be also using this

to go after GOP lawmakers and keep them off ballots, or even put them in jail before November

the Neo-Marxists are loving all of this--create complete chaos within the country to enact revolution. We could have burning cities in November 2024 unless both parties sit down and dial back this nonsense. All of it is wrong.

Have an election and let the people decide

Upvote 0

7thKeeper

Scion of the Devonian Sea
Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟108,680.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have Faith that the Supreme Court with three Trump appointed Justices and a Justice whos wife supports Trump will rule accordingly and ensure justice prevails.
How very telling of where your values are that you want the justice system in your country be beholden to people and now laws. Why else would it matter who appointed them?

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
It would have been illegal for Pence to actually *do* anything. He had no power regarding certification. None. His job was to follow procedure and count votes.
No it would not have been. Pence disagreed with Trump concerning the election, and therefore would not do it. That is the only thing he did concerning the election. And it was only until it was until it was sufficiently investigated.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
No it would not have been. Pence disagreed with Trump concerning the election, and therefore would not do it. That is the only thing he did concerning the election. And it was only until it was until it was sufficiently investigated.

The VP as president of the Senate has no legal powers to accept or reject a slate of electoral votes. Only the requirement to count them. He is a presider not a decider in that role.

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
You never know these days...

The "enemy of my enemy is my friend" sentiment is strong with some people these days...

Obviously this wouldn't apply to Ellison...but
I'd wouldn't be the least bit surprised if staunch hard-right people would go in for a Muslim fundamentalist if they saw them as a person who would take up their fight against some of the progressive social initiatives.

The GOP does have a certain propensity for highlighting candidates/people who they think "break the mold" so to speak.

For instance, if there's a person who, from a demographic standpoint, is someone who would typically be on the democrat's side (statistically speaking), they do tend to rally around them and prop them up.

And I can't say that I entirely fault them for that strategy.

For instance, if every policy I made was getting labelled as <insert -ism here>, I can understand why they'd want to find someone from that group who agrees with them to highlight.
True

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green

Newsom can beat Trump

I understand what you are saying and can't say I totally disagree. What I am wondering is why we would let someone who organized what some consider an attempted coup or at the very least lead an insurrection against the capital of our government. Such people should not be allowed power over us.

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

MotoToTheMax

Nov 3, 2022
United States
✟66,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
How very telling of where your values are that you want the justice system in your country be beholden to people and now laws. Why else would it matter who appointed them?
I'll be the one to tell you that it's customary to read Aryeh Jays' posts with a full on waterfall of sarcasm. He's not that terrible. Only a little ;)

• Agree
Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0