Iowa Republicans want to ban SNAP recipients from buying meat, white bread, and American cheese

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I once knew someone who was able to report zero income, and get full SNAP benefits, and free zero cost on everything medical, and would go to doctors and get pills that sold for 30 dollars a pill on the street, and that's how they (she) got her income to keep a roof over her head and everything else, etc, luckily, doctors and pharmacies have started cracking down on some of those types of medications now, but some people can still find a way, as there is still always street drugs, etc, but, in my state now, they have legalized marajuana, and might start doing it with some other drugs soon, and believe it or not, it actually greatly reduces these kinds of abuses, because like, with marajuana now, it has become so cheap and easily available now, that no one buys or sells it on the street anymore, as there is no longer any profit for them to be made or had with it anymore, and it has actually reduced crime with it, etc, but people do still find ways, etc, because that's what these kinds of people do, etc. The reason I did not turn this person in when she was doing it at the time is because she was family, and I was trying to help her at the time, but she is not able to do what she used to do now anymore, thankfully, or thank God, etc..
I see this more as a problem with the system than a person who’s “gaming the system”.
She used her availed resources to “buy low, sell high” just like a good capitalist oughta, but what she was selling was a “no-no” for her to sell.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
If I thought they were just going to eat white flour I would agree. Denying someone homemade pasta however
seems cruel and unusual.
No crusts for apple pie!? Why, that’s…that’s [forbidden phrase]!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
She used her availed resources to “buy low, sell high” just like a good capitalist oughta, but what she was selling was a “no-no” for her to sell.
Except she paid nothing for it, but other people did.

And she lied, cheated, and basically stole also, etc, in order to do it, etc. So yes, in a way, I guess it/she was not any different from the average capitalist, etc.

God Bless!

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,533.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Are you defending using the power of the government to make utilizing the social safety-nets so arduous and difficult that only those who have no other choice will remain in the system?
That's better than making it so easy that so that those who do have a choice choose the safety net instead of working and getting out of poverty.

Safety nets should be VERY short term and only last longer for those who have no choice. Like the totally disabled.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
That's better than making it so easy that so that those who do have a choice choose the safety net instead of working and getting out of poverty.

Safety nets should be VERY short term and only last longer for those who have no choice. Like the totally disabled.
If you met me, you'd say there is nothing at all wrong with me, but you just "don't know" also, etc...

I can't socialize or be in normal social events/environments like normal people can, can't go where there is a lot of people unless I have headphones in, can't be around a lot of other people's/places TVs or radios in a lot of cases, because it's just too much noise, and way, way too many "voices" for me, because all of it is always "voices" to me, and it never ever let's up, or ever gives me a break from it, etc, and a lot of the time, I think there is/are spirits behind it/them that are trying to get me to react very, very badly or negatively, or in a very, very negative way, and do me in also, etc...

Like I said, "hell" might be a vacation from it, etc, but on the outside at least, I would appear to be normal, and like there is nothing at all happening or going on or that is wrong with me, if you initially or at first met me in person anyway at least, etc, but I am disabled, and it has taken me a very, very long time/while to fully accept that fact, and that alone can sometimes be tormenting, or come with a certain amount of torment, etc...

But if you mean some other people maybe, there are always bad eggs, or people who maybe could work maybe, but just flat out refuse to, etc, and you'll probably run into things like that or people like that/those, no matter where you go, etc...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
If you met me, you'd say there is nothing at all wrong with me, but you just "don't know" also, etc...

I can't socialize or be in normal social events/environments like normal people can, can't go where there is a lot of people unless I have headphones in, can't be around a lot of other people's TVs or radios in a lot of cases, because it's just too much noise, and way, way too many "voices" for me, because all of it is always "voices" to me, and it never ever let's up, or ever gives me a break from it, etc, and a lot of the time, I think there is/are spirits behind it/them that are trying to get me to react very, very badly or negatively, or in a very, very negative way, and do me in, etc...

Like I said, "hell" might be a vacation from it, etc, but on the outside at least, I would appear to be normal, and like there is nothing at all happening or going on or that is wrong with me, if you initially or at first met me in person anyway at least, etc, but I am disabled, and it has taken me a very, very long time/while to fully accept that fact, and that alone can sometimes be tormenting, or come with a certain amount of torment, etc...

But if you mean some other people maybe, there are always bad eggs, or people who maybe could work maybe, but just flat out refuse to, etc, and you'll probably run into things like that or people like that/those, no matter where you go, etc...

God Bless!
Oh, and this might be something that I might just have to deal with for the rest of my life now also, etc, as sometimes things like this never change, but the attacks/pressure only always just gets worse over time, etc...

Medication, counseling/therapy, having someone to talk to about it, etc, helps, etc, but there is just no such thing as a magic wand or pill when it comes to things like this also, etc...

I am always just one step away from some of the quote/unquote "crazy people" I see around here in my neighborhood on the street, who are always yelling/screaming at the sky, and are always talking to themselves, and are punching themselves in the face or body, or are trying to hurt themselves sometimes, etc...

And I am very, very aware of that fact always, and it is something that I always have to deal with and discuss with my therapist in length most of the time, etc...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,301.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
If I thought they were just going to eat white flour I would agree. Denying someone homemade pasta however
seems cruel and unusual.
Whatever. Denying a subsidy on
purchase of food that it would be
animal abuse at a zoo is cruel and
unusual.
At a quick guess, it very little home made
pasta comes from snapflour.
A known problem with laws and regs
is trying to allow for every possibility,
however remote or insignificant.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,533.00
Faith
Pentecostal

I can't socialize or be in normal social events/environments like normal people can, can't go where there is a lot of people unless I have headphones in, can't be around a lot of other people's/places TVs or radios in a lot of cases, because it's just too much noise, and way, way too many "voices" for me, because all of it is always "voices" to me, and it never ever let's up, or ever gives me a break from it, etc, and a lot of the time, I think there is/are spirits behind it/them that are trying to get me to react very, very badly or negatively, or in a very, very negative way, and do me in also, etc...

God Bless!

I would consider you disabled. We all know that disability is not just an obvious physical disability like being paralyzed.

I'm talking about people who are not really fully disabled but could work at something.

Just curious but could you do anything? Like computer work, satay at home stuff? My wife does computer work at home where she doesn't have to talk to anyone.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I would consider you disabled. We all know that disability is not just an obvious physical disability like being paralyzed.

I'm talking about people who are not really fully disabled but could work at something.

Just curious but could you do anything? Like computer work, satay at home stuff? My wife does computer work at home where she doesn't have to talk to anyone.
I don't right now know enough about stuff I don't think, and don't have a high enough education level in the fields I might need to right now I don't think, to be able to work from home right now I don't think...?

I might be willing to entertain some possible options maybe though if you have any suggestions...?

I tried to go to do online schooling and classes twice in my life, and all I did was get myself deeper and deeper into debt, because I also think I'm the kind of person that also has just a very singular focus also, and just might have to do just only one class, or only one subject at a time, etc, but when I do do that, I can actually do quite well, but schooling that way, as far as any kind of degree that might lead to something else goes, would take forever, or take a really long time, and I don't know how any kind of "aide" works that way either, etc, so I might have to pay for it, etc... And I'm also kind of already way far in debt right now still also, etc... To the point to where I think I maybe might be stuck in it for life I think, etc...

Beyond just my high school education, I've learned, or have taught myself how to write and type, and other than God, and the Bible, and my own spiritual beliefs, I know just a little bit about much, but not a whole lot about anything, other than what I have already just told you, etc, and those are pretty much my only gifts right now currently, etc...

If I'm on a subject about something, or am talking to someone about something, and feel like I might need to know more about it before I proceed any further, I will cheat and use Google, and that's about all I know about right now currently, etc...

Google can make anybody sound like an expert for a time in about five minutes, but that doesn't make that person a true expert, or nearly half as smart as they are right now sounding right now in the moment right now currently, or as they are, or as they are sounding, right in the middle of a discussion they are right now having with someone right now currently, etc...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't right now know enough about stuff I don't think, and don't have a high enough education level in the fields I might need to right now I don't think, to be able to work from home right now I don't think...?

I might be willing to entertain some possible options maybe though if you have any suggestions...?

I tried to go to do online schooling and classes twice in my life, and all I did was get myself deeper and deeper into debt, because I also think I'm the kind of person that also has just a very singular focus also, and just might have to do just only one class, or only one subject at a time, etc, but when I do do that, I can actually do quite well, but schooling that way, as far as any kind of degree that might lead to something else goes, would take forever, or take a really long time, and I don't know how any kind of "aide" works that way either, etc, so I might have to pay for it, etc... And I'm also kind of already way far in debt right now still also, etc... To the point to where I think I maybe might be stuck in it for life I think, etc...

Beyond just my high school education, I've learned, or have taught myself how to write and type, and other than God, and the Bible, and my own spiritual beliefs, I know just a little bit about much, but not a whole lot about anything, other than what I have already just told you, etc, and those are pretty much my only gifts right now currently, etc...

If I'm on a subject about something, or am talking to someone about something, and feel like I might need to know more about it before I proceed any further, I will cheat and use Google, and that's about all I know about right now currently, etc...

Google can make anybody sound like an expert for a time in about five minutes, but that doesn't make that person a true expert, or nearly half as smart as they are right now sounding right now in the moment right now currently, or as they are, or as they are sounding, right in the middle of a discussion they are right now having with someone right now currently, etc...

God Bless!
And I just gave my secret away, lol...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,533.00
Faith
Pentecostal

God Bless!

I would think someone in your position might get some good assistance for schooling. Now a days everyone.goea.into debt for school. It's kind of the way it is now. Not good, but it is reality.

But your condition is particularly debilitating. And may make it too difficult no matter what. It's people like you that really need our help. And people like you who need assistance in finding something you can do. I'm no expert on your condition or what you could do. But there are jobs like medical records jobs where you work fr home evaluating records all from the computer. You might have to attend a zoom meeting with your boss once a week, but a lot of communication can be by email. There are some records jobs you take on line classes for and get certified to do them and then you can do it all on line. Perhaps more research would be needed for you and since you gave away your secret maybe you can use that to find something. Anything that will help you. I think we as humans need to feel productive at something.

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
White bread is trash.
Not altogether - by law, white bread in America has to replace certain nutrients that the processing took out. But the FDA currently agrees with you - white flour does not qualify as "healthy food". I agree with you, too.

The switch to whole wheat shouldn't be painful to make, providing it is available in food deserts (areas where fresh food is largely unavailable or too expensive for most people).

Upvote 0