NW England
✟1,054,405.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. You believe that God's grace enables you to choose to believe in him, even though you yourself are totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives you assurance of your salvation, and he also enables you to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. You are influenced heavly by John Wesley and the Methodists.

This is very interesting. I was a member of the Church of England up until about 6 years ago, and didn't know much about Wesley until I joined the Methodist church. :confused:

Upvote 0

kelco

Rev. Kelco
Feb 28, 2002
Mathias WV
Visit site
✟29,098.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
You scored as Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan.

You are an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. You believe that God's grace enables you to choose to believe in him, even though you yourself are totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives you assurance of your salvation, and he also enables you to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. You are influenced heavly by John Wesley and the Methodists.

86%Reformed Evangelical

75%Fundamentalist

68%Charismatic/Pentecostal

46%Neo orthodox

46%Emergent/Postmodern

46%Classical Liberal

29%Roman Catholic

18%Modern Liberal

Upvote 0

Crono

Feb 9, 2002
Nashville, TN, USA
✟15,445.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I took the test, and this is what I got:

You scored as Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan. You are an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. You believe that God’s grace enables you to choose to believe in him, even though you yourself are totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives you assurance of your salvation, and he also enables you to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. You are influenced heavly by John Wesley and the Methodists.

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan: 79%
Neo orthodox: 64%
Emergent/Postmodern: 61%
Roman Catholic: 61%
Classical Liberal: 61%
Modern Liberal: 46%
Reformed Evangelical: 39%
Charismatic/Pentecostal: 25%
Fundamentalist: 14%

Upvote 0

graysparrow

My life is for the kids who have it rough
Feb 6, 2005
Canary Islands
✟12,769.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well this DOES surprise me:

I've never even seen a wesleyan church by the outside... maybe I just made a couple of mistakes :)

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan 86%

Neo orthodox 79%

Upvote 0

graysparrow

My life is for the kids who have it rough
Feb 6, 2005
Canary Islands
✟12,769.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
bigsierra said:
What's wierd is Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan came up number two in most of the Catholic lists, but Catholic is near the bottom of many of your lists.

Outdated / Incomplete view of catholicism, perhaps? I'm personally puzzled.

Upvote 0

servant4ever

Servant of Jesus Christ
Jan 9, 2004
Saint Paul
✟17,534.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
LOL, I am
Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan

86%Charismatic/Pentecostal

71%Fundamentalist

64%Classical Liberal

61%Emergent/Postmodern

57%Reformed Evangelical

57%Neo orthodox

54%Modern Liberal

36%Roman Catholic

7%
I find it funny that Fundamentalist is so high, but I have been researching the Wesleyan/Nazarene denominations and I'm wondering if they are a fit for me. :)

Upvote 0

alaurie

Welcome, Preston!!!
Feb 21, 2004
✟11,556.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
bigsierra said:
What's wierd is Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan came up number two in most of the Catholic lists, but Catholic is near the bottom of many of your lists.

My guess is that some of the similarities you mentioned in Rising_Sun's Questions from a Catholic thread probably put Wesleyan higher on Catholic scores, while some of the Catholic traditions questions bumped us down a bit on our RC scores. I don't think the lower scores stem from negativity toward the Catholic Church ...just reflect our lack of traditional emphasis.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LadyLuck

Jul 4, 2005
✟7,841.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan

75%Classical Liberal

64%Neo orthodox

57%Emergent/Postmodern

50%Reformed Evangelical

50%Modern Liberal

50%Charismatic/Pentecostal

43%Fundamentalist

43%Roman Catholic

36%

Well I knew I was pretty Nazarene and I guess this just proves it eh?

var graph_str1="Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan

75%Classical Liberal

64%Neo orthodox

57%Emergent/Postmodern

50%Reformed Evangelical

50%Modern Liberal

50%Charismatic/Pentecostal

43%Fundamentalist

43%Roman Catholic

36%";function get_code(){var result_str=" You scored as Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan. "+result_str1+"
What's your theological worldview?
created with QuizFarm.com";var graph_str=""+graph_str1+"
created with QuizFarm.com";var img_str="";if(img_str1!="") img_str = ""+img_str1+"
created with QuizFarm.com";else img_str="No Images";var all_str=""+img_str1+" You scored as Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan. "+result_str1+graph_str1+"
created with QuizFarm.com"; if(document.frm_code.code.value=="all"){document.frm_code.html_code.value=all_str;} if(document.frm_code.code.value=="graph"){document.frm_code.html_code.value=graph_str;} if(document.frm_code.code.value=="text"){document.frm_code.html_code.value=result_str;} if(document.frm_code.code.value=="pic"){document.frm_code.html_code.value=img_str;}}

Upvote 0

Jadis40

Sep 19, 2004
Indiana, USA
✟47,145.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Guess I'm right where I'm supposed to be:

You scored as Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan.

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan 89%
Emergent/Postmodern 79%
Classical Liberal 64%
Neo orthodox 57%
Reformed Evangelical 54%
Charismatic/Pentecostal 50%
Roman Catholic 46%
Modern Liberal 43%
Fundamentalist 11%

I took it again, 2nd set of results:
Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan 93%
Emergent/Postmodern 79%
Reformed Evangelical 68%
Roman Catholic 64%
Neo orthodox 64%
Classical Liberal 50%
Modern Liberal 39%
Fundamentalist 29%
Charismatic/Pentecostal 29%

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Artos

Veteran
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,522.00
Faith
Methodist
bigsierra said:

Have another look, Big Sierra.
Several others after your post seem to have high RC scores.
Two before you have scores above 50 for RC....

Realised that I topped them all....(blush)....Must be a Methodist RC then!
Ha.
---------------------------------------------
You are an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. You believe that OGd’s grace enables you to choose to believe in Him even though you yourself are totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives you assurance of your salvation, and he also enables you to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. You are influenced heavily by John Wesley and the Methodists.

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan 96%

RC 86%

Neo orthodox 79%

Emergent/Post modern 57%

Charismatic/Pentecostal/Reformed/Evangelical/Fundamentalist 50%

Classical Liberal 46%

Modern Liberal 21%

Upvote 0

Ric

1 John 5:13
Feb 6, 2002
Orlando, Florida
Visit site
✟9,815.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
1118093349tch0296p.gif

You scored as Reformed Evangelical.

You are a Reformed Evangelical. You take the Bible very seriously because it is God's Word. You most likely hold to TULIP and are sceptical about the possibilities of universal atonement or resistible grace. The most important thing the Church can do is make sure people hear how they can go to heaven when they die.

Reformed Evangelical 79%
Fundamentalist 79%
Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan 71%
Emergent/Postmodern61%
Neo orthodox 57%
Charismatic/Pentecostal 43%
Classical Liberal 36%
Modern Liberal 36%
Roman Catholic 18%

Upvote 0

5stringJeff

Aug 17, 2005
GA
✟9,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Interesting... I am a Wesleyan, according to the quiz, but I believe that we are able to choose to believe before we are under grace... maybe I just haven't been in the nazarene church long enough! :D

-----

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan 82%
Neo orthodox 75%
Reformed Evangelical 68%
Fundamentalist 64%
Emergent/Postmodern 54%
Charismatic/Pentecostal 29%
Classical Liberal 25%
Roman Catholic 25%
Modern Liberal 14%

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.