listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The New Covenant finally accomplishes in man what the old could not; it fulfills the law, the right way, by grace. The covenant involves God, 'apart from Whom we can do nothing', placing His law in our minds and writing it on our hearts, rather than man attempting righteousness on his own, as if that were ever possible to achieve. This begins as man, from the least to the greatest, comes to know Him, personally, directly, and so turn back to Him. This knowledge of God, Whom Jesus came to reveal, implies and involves faith, which establishes this relationship or communion with Him in response to His calling. This communion, itself, is a critical aspect of man's justice, the right order of things for us.

The NC doesn't revoke the OC by the way; it simply makes it obsolete by replacing it with a new and better covenant.
Now that is an interesting comment. What's the difference between revoke and replace? In either case the item isn't used.

Reactions: bugkiller
Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It means that the law, being holy, righteous, and good, was never meant to be discarded or abolished but rather fulfilled, the right way. What the Law cannot accomplish on it's own, grace can accomplish as man comes to truly know and turn back to God.
Oh

bugkiller

PS the NT disagrees with you.

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Sorry, but apparently both Scripture and historic church teachings east and west disagree with your private interpretation.
The problem is I do not care for for either. I like the Bible over both. I do not much care for religion.

bugkiller

• Agree
Reactions: listed
Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟322,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The problem is I do not care for for either. I like the Bible over both. I do not much care for reigion.

bugkiller
Ok, but either? Either east or west? In any case I care about God's Word, His revelation to His Church.

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It means that the law, being holy, righteous, and good, was never meant to be discarded or abolished but rather fulfilled, the right way. What the Law cannot accomplish on it's own, grace can accomplish as man comes to truly know and turn back to God.
Just not what Jeremiah says. Nor does it agree with the statement of Jesus in LK 22:20.

bugkiller

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟322,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Where?

bugkiller
What needs to be understood is that the New Covenant is not about God suddenly deciding to ignore justice, by imputing it to rather than producing it in us, after rightfully demanding it all those centuries before. God's purpose, among other things, is to restore justice or righteousness to His universe, to make His creation what He always intended it to be; He didn't create us to be sinners after all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Ok. It might be helpful if you would explain how Luke 22:20 relates here. And Jer as well.
I think the OP did a pretty good job with Jer 31:31-33. What do you not understand about what the OP said?

I think LK 22:20 is pretty self explanatory. Jesus said new testament (covenant).

bugkiller

• Agree
Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
What needs to be understood is that the New Covenant is not about God suddenly deciding to ignore justice, by imputing it to rather than producing it in us, after rightfully demanding it all those centuries before. God's purpose, among other things, is to restore justice or righteousness to His universe, to make His creation what He always intended it to be; He didn't create us to be sinners after all.
I looked hard at your post and could not find anything about my question of where. A proper response to that requires a Bible passage.

bugkiller

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟322,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I looked hard at your post and could not find anything about my question of where. A proper response to that requires a Bible passage.

bugkiller
I have to say now, I don't quite understand what the OP is getting at. Maybe you could flesh it out a bit for me.

Upvote 0