• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Infant Baptism

Discussion in 'Denomination Specific Theology' started by Baileyscave, Jul 11, 2019.

1. JacksBratt

JacksBratt Searching for Truth

+3,250
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    I would disagree with one of your points.

Although a agree that baptism at any age does nothing... Most people, that I know, got immersion baptized after they accepted Christ... Their baptism, then, becomes a public expression of faith..

Their salvation is galvanized as they are a child of God... the baptism expresses their choosing Christ as their savior to the world... as Christ commanded us to do.

2. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+19,868
    Anglican
    Married
    I'm curious to know which church it is that says the Bible isn't our authority for such decisions.

3. JacksBratt

JacksBratt Searching for Truth

+3,250
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    Thanks so much for being so open..
    As all parents do, you are concerned for you child's eternal safety... as we all are. However, all we can do is raise them in a home that loves and respects Jesus and His ways.... then... Pray, pray, pray pray pray... it is the most powerful tool we have.

4. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+19,868
    Anglican
    Married
    That's easy. He wouldn't.

5. christine40

christine40 Well-Known Member

+5,482
    United States
    Christian
    Married

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019 at 10:26 PM
  6. PoppyB

PoppyB Active Member

+194
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    I've yet to be shown in the bible where it says to baptise babies. It says repent and be baptised and babies can't do that. Some older children who understand may be able to though.

7. PoppyB

PoppyB Active Member

+194
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    Now you seem to be calling me a liar. Was that your intention?

8. christine40

+5,482
    United States
    Christian
    Married

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019 at 10:25 PM
  9. PoppyB

PoppyB Active Member

+194
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    So is an exchange of views bickering?

10. christine40

+5,482
    United States
    Christian
    Married

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019 at 2:17 PM
  11. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+19,868
    Anglican
    Married
    It may be, then, that you need a church that is traditional in worship, etc. but which has a very strong program for children. Of the two churches that I am thinking of now, which I had a lot of familiarity with in the past, and both belonged to the same denomination, one of them hardly did anything with the children but contented itself with thinking that the parents should bring them to church services like anyone else, while the other one really gave them something -- children's church going on simultaneously with the normal service underway for the parents, etc. plus special events, instruction, and all of that. It made a difference.

That said, however, this is something that usually can be pulled off only by the larger congregations, so you may want to look in that direction if you want to pursue this.

12. PoppyB

PoppyB Active Member

+194
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    Not aware of any of those.

13. lsume

lsume Active Member Supporter

+182
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    That is correct. They were born again at Pentecost and stayed that way until death when they were redeemed.

14. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+19,868
    Anglican
    Married
    I think you already referred to those verses...and brushed them off.

15. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+19,868
    Anglican
    Married
    Gosh no. Anyone can be mistaken.

16. PoppyB

PoppyB Active Member

+194
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    I have because they don't say to baptise infants although that is the interpretation many people put on them.

17. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+19,868
    Anglican
    Married
    It we are to be straightforward with each other, it is much easier to believe the obvious meaning in those verses than the theory that is used to explain them away, however.

18. PoppyB

PoppyB Active Member

+194
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    Even you?

19. PoppyB

PoppyB Active Member

+194
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    That's ok I know many people have the same interpretation. My church doesn't baptise infants.

20. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+19,868
    Anglican
    Married
    Certainly. I also don't throw around the term liar very easily.