Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's why us Europeans despair of the American education system.
Like I said, I had to get a foreign exchange student from China for a year to teach my son math. He is doing real good now, taking very advanced classes. I could not find anyone here in American to get him started and there was nothing I could to do help him with it. I got through Algebra 1 but flunked out of Algebra 2 and he is way past that. The Physics and Trigonometry I studied was limited to what I was actually working on and building. I did end up in a school for two years that was run by Holocaust Survivors from Germany. That was much better then the American system and the American way of doing things. The whole time our Chinese student was here he was laughing at the high school students saying that they do not stand a chance to deal with the competition in the world today for the better jobs. This really impacted my son and he worded very hard to get ahead in High School. He stated taking the advanced classes and associating with the enriched students. They are really a great group of kids.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It doesn't even belong in a believer's conversation.
The court system requires the school system to teach evolution. All the students have to learn evolution to get a High School Degree. For me there does not need to be a conflict and it is a waste of time to debate the subject. At least for the students that are serious about getting an education and getting a good job. So they can become a functional contributing member of the society and the world we live in. I waste my time to debate the issue so the students don't have to waste their time on it.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know, why don't you believe that anymore?
No, I studied enough science that I go along with what they are teaching in the School systems. I do not see any problem or issue. I believed in a 6,000 year old earth because I did not know enough science to know any different then that. When I was around 12 years old I had a dream where God showed me that the Universe was expanding. Something I later learned when I studied this in science. So I am sure that God wants us to study and learn about the Universe we live in. The Bible says the best way to know God is to study the Universe that He Created.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

The education system may play a role, but the most important influence in the United States (IMO), is the culture that pressures certain people into certain beliefs, based on social acceptance.

Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

MuddSaw

Jun 23, 2016
US
✟15,237.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Our schools are teaching lies. The world as we know it has existed for only a little over 6000 yrs. 4000 BC and 2000 AD.
God created us in his own Image. GOD IS NOT A MONKEY! He didn't guide evolution. That thought, and the thought of evolution both are completely wrong and lies of the devil.

Waiting on Jesus

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Our schools are teaching lies. The world as we know it has existed for only a little over 6000 yrs. 4000 BC and 2000 AD.
God created us in his own Image. GOD IS NOT A MONKEY! He didn't guide evolution. That thought, and the thought of evolution both are completely wrong and lies of the devil.

Waiting on Jesus
You do not accept scofield dispensationalism? (premillennial)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Waiting on Jesus

Would you consider anything that disagrees with your personal faith belief to be a lie?

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
God created us in his own Image. GOD IS NOT A MONKEY

I have got news for you. He is not a human being either. So whatever it means to say that we are created in God's image, it has got nothing to do with him having a "biology" resembling that of either humans or monkeys.

Even to talk of God in those terms is ridiculous.

Upvote 0

MuddSaw

Jun 23, 2016
US
✟15,237.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely! U said it yourself.
If God made (man) in his own Image. We being the image of God have got to be like him. If we were more like monkeys bible would have said so.
Josh let me read something and make sure we are on the same page about dispensationalism before I comment.

Waiting on Jesus

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Waiting on Jesus

Why do you have trees, that are 8 to 9,000 years old?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private

Waiting on Jesus

Is this what is called a Poe?

Upvote 0

MuddSaw

Jun 23, 2016
US
✟15,237.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You do not accept scofield dispensationalism? (premillennial)
This is what I believe. We live in the church age. Then the rapture. Then tribulation. Then the millennial reign. If u are referring to a gap theory, I can't speculate.

Waiting on Jesus

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is what I believe. We live in the church age. Then the rapture. Then tribulation. Then the millennial reign. If u are referring to a gap theory, I can't speculate.

Waiting on Jesus
It has been almost 6,000 years sense Adam and Eve lived in the Garden of Eden. Next we have the Kingdom age when will rule and reign with Jesus for 1,000 years. In the same way I believe that a day in Genesis chapter one is 1,000 years.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It has been almost 6,000 years sense Adam and Eve lived in the Garden of Eden. Next we have the Kingdom age when will rule and reign with Jesus for 1,000 years. In the same way I believe that a day in Genesis chapter one is 1,000 years.

Opinion. And one, without evidence to support.

Reactions: MuddSaw
Upvote 0

Phred

Junior Mint
Aug 12, 2003
✟22,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Let's try this from another angle. Instead of "I have my Bible and every word in it must be correct!" (Which isn't possible, you just end up spinning in circles trying to apologize for every inconsistency...) you could try to examine the Bible as something written by men with a limited understanding of the world around them. After all, they didn't have microscopes and telescopes. They had their eyes and limited time to use them on things that didn't immediately impact their survival. Then there's the inability to write and pass down the knowledge they did manage to find. So we end up with their best guesses. Sitting around the fires at night and speculating about how they got there. It's a natural progression to think that if I came from my parents and they came from my grandparents then there must be some sort of linear line there. So why not start with just two people? After all, a herd of goats can start from just two goats and if you're careful you can soon end up with a whole bunch of goats.

As time goes by we learn more and more about the world around us. We learned that evolution happened. We learned that all life on earth is part of a greater whole. We're related and that's confirmed by several sources, not just one. The more we learn the more pieces we find that fit things together. And we still have Biblical items being thrown around like they're literal scientific facts. The world is over 4 billion years old. Not 6,000 years old based upon ancient mythology. I'm sorry, you don't get to pull out the Bible and overrule evidence with what you believe. What you believe has to change based upon what actually is. It's this idea that a belief deserves and must have our respect and consideration that causes much of the strife in our modern world. Islam isn't right, Christianity isn't right, Judaism isn't right. No religious belief that insists upon rigid non-alteration of the interpretation of holy texts can be right.

So when a person pops into a discussion and simply proclaims that the world is 6,000 years old and it's this way because the Bible says so... well, the Bible doesn't actually say so. You interpret it to say so. Others interpret it to say so. We use evidence to come to conclusions. And yes, sometimes the conclusions are incorrect. But even the incorrect conclusions are based upon data and are more correct than, "the world is 6,000 years old."

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
False.

I've never ever seen anything made by man that wasn't created, in turn I surmise, a universe/all that is in it, and being much much more complicated than man can create, must have been created as well, and by a much higher intelligence.

Man didn't make the universe, so your entire argument falls apart. You are simply assuming that natural processes can't produce something more complicated than man can create.

Then I look at the popular alternative to a creator. One of a few explanations include... the presence of the universe and all that is in it just happened over time, starting from some big bang out of nothing and for no particular reason.

We do have reasons. They are called natural mechanisms.

Then if they get bashed for the something " just appearing" theory, especially something so sophisticated ....some move to, "it doesn't matter how it started" or "we don't know, and it's OK not to know"....

That would be a God of the Gaps fallacy. "I don't know" is a valid answer if we really don't know. Just because we are ignorant of something does not mean that God did it.

You want more views, just refute one, and you will get another, never fails...all kinds of answers to deny a creator, but none viable when they are pinned down....not that I've seen anyway.

What creator? If you have no evidence for a creator then there is nothing to deny.
Point being Creationists can and absolutely do "support their position with objective evidence"....evidence defined as simply being something that makes something evident.

What objective evidence?

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We, however, place a greater value in our own opinions. We see Europeans as dependent teenagers that never seem to grow up enough to stop asking for money from home.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.