California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The encouraging news for Christians who view the "debate" about evolution as titling at windmills, a time-consuming, destructive distraction from the purpose and message of Christianity itself, is that the percentage of people who accept it has been steadily increasing. The link in the OP is to a 2014 poll. The data from Pew Research Center’s November 2015 Religious Landscape Study shows that 62% of American adults accept evolution. Of those who do, a substantial percentage believe in theistic evolution. About two-thirds of Catholics (66%) and mainline Protestants (65%) believe humans evolved over time. A significantly higher number of respondents with a college degree believe humans evolved over time due to natural selection than those who are less educated. The support for evolution in younger adults is substantially higher than in older people, which also bolsters hope. In Canada, Europe, and many other industrialized areas of the world, the support for evolution has long been held by the majority. Besides one kid I knew, I've only ever encountered creationists on this forum.

The people responsible for this shift are the young. According to a recent Pew Research Center report, 73 percent of American adults younger than 30 expressed some sort of belief in evolution, a jump from 61 percent in 2009, the first year in which the question was asked. The number who believed in purely secular evolution (that is, not directed by any divine power) jumped from 40 percent to a majority of 51 percent.

Evolution Is Finally Winning Out Over Creationism

Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

Em-T-Bag

Jun 29, 2016
UK
✟247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So, you see,
satan, the devil, is gaining converts every day.
With lots of free help from so-called ..... well, let's just say lots of help from humans .
Evolution is and has been satan's ploy for a long time now.
It is popular with satan, and with his slaves.
It doesn't even belong in a believer's conversation. (it distracts entirely from the truth, and tempts even more humans to continue sinning and to even get worse)
(just 'discussing' it opens the door to more people falling away forever,
as satan well knows and delights in it, for he thus gains many more souls
lost forever from God the Creator and Jesus the Savior)
Who is in charge God or Satan? because the way you're talking you seem to think Satan can outsmart your God anytime he likes, perhaps Satan is the good one and God is the bad one, how would you ever know?
Religion has got people cooked which ever way they turn, if they don't believe they are burnt in hell, if they even think about not believing they are burnt in hell, either way God doesn't seem particularly bothered does he because your God is certainly not prepared to fight for your soul.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
As long as you or anyone wants to choose to continue following satan and obeying satan,

God won't change anyone's mind against their freewill. Free will is critically important and valued.

All of mankind chooses. Most never repent of worshiping demons. That's their choice.

Upvote 0

Em-T-Bag

Jun 29, 2016
UK
✟247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
A significantly higher number of respondents with a college degree believe humans evolved over time due to natural selection than those who are less educated. The support for evolution in younger adults is substantially higher than in older people, which also bolsters hope. In Canada, Europe, and many other industrialized areas of the world, the support for evolution has long been held by the majority. Besides one kid I knew, I've only ever encountered creationists on this forum.
One generation in the US is all it will take to see religion demoted into the minority, it will then slowly sink into oblivion in the same way it has in the rest of the civilised world.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Em-T-Bag

Jun 29, 2016
UK
✟247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Again no answer just more preaching........
As long as you or anyone wants to choose to continue following satan and obeying satan,
God won't change anyone's mind against their freewill. Free will is critically important and valued.
All of mankind chooses. Most never repent of worshiping demons. That's their choice.
No one chooses what they believe, please tell us what it is you 'choose' to believe? think about it?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Again no answer just more preaching........
Demons or no demons. No one chooses what they believe. Please think about it?
What God says about anything is all that is important - it is all that is True and it is all that will remain.
According to you I cannot choose to think about it.
According to God, He tells you : Choose today who you will serve, God or the devil . Life or death. Blessing or being cursed.

Upvote 0

Em-T-Bag

Jun 29, 2016
UK
✟247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So, you see,
satan, the devil, is gaining converts every day.
With lots of free help from so-called ..... well, let's just say lots of help from humans .
Through all of this as usual God is conspicuous by his absence, God either doesn't care, can do nothing or doesn't exist, pick the one you like best.
For the religious they make sure that whatever happens their God wins every time, nothing it is ever their Gods fault, ever.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What God says about anything is all that is important - it is all that is True and it is all that will remain.
According to God, He tells you : Choose today who you will serve, God or the devil . Life or death. Blessing or being cursed.
Prove it.

Upvote 0

Em-T-Bag

Jun 29, 2016
UK
✟247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
There you go adding words and changing things again..... you can choose to think about whatever you want 'you just can not choose to believe what you want'.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Adding words and changing things again..... you can think about whatever you want 'you just can not choose to believe what you want'.
According to God's Word, the Creator of All things in the universe and of all life,
in Ephesians (chpt 2 I think),
unless a person is redeemed (forgiven and purchased by the blood of the Lamb)
and until then
they are subject to the prince of the power of the air. (i.e. servants of the devil)
No matter what they think or what they believe.

Reactions: KWCrazy
Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,099.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
According to God's Word, the Creator of All things in the universe and of all life,
in Ephesians (chpt 2 I think),
unless a person is redeemed (forgiven and purchased by the blood of the Lamb)
and until then
they are subject to the prince of the power of the air. (i.e. servants of the devil)
No matter what they think or what they believe.

Paul is God? Now that is a revelation (pun intended).

Reactions: DogmaHunter
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Two way street.

Yes, but I know that reality in in the imagination.
And science has confirmed it.
Light is a wave if you wish it to be so
or particles if that what you want to see.

When you check for particles, the evidence for waves disappears.
When you check for waves, all evidence of particles collapses
and only waves can be found. Reality changes based on what
you want to see.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but I know that reality in in the imagination.
And science has confirmed it.
Light is a wave if you wish it to be so
or particles if that what you want to see.

When you check for particles, the evidence for waves disappears.
When you check for waves, all evidence of particles collapses
and only waves can be found. Reality changes based on what
you want to see.
That isn't remotely how it works, but thanks for playing.

Bonus points; trying to shoehorn quantum effects into macroscopic philosophy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

46AND2

Forty six and two are just ahead of me...
Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have never been a believer myself but I think I can imagine what it must be like to have the burden of religion lifted from ones shoulders, the relief must be terrific

It really isn't something you can imagine without having been there. For some people it may be as you say, but not for me and many others. It was terrifying, isolating, and altogether unpleasant.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Education is the cure for those who are willing to accept your reality?

Nope. Education will only work for those willing to accept actual reality.

You just gave me the definition for indoctrination.

You just made stuff up that I never said. You just gave us a perfect description of someone not willing to accept reality, and instead creating a fantasy to replace it.

Creationists and Evolutionists can be just as committed to indoctrinating others into their belief.

Evolution isn't a belief. It is reality.

Science has their high priests just as much as religion does.

And once again, you are inventing a fantasy in order to avoid reality.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
you are inventing a fantasy in order to avoid reality.
Not at all. If you had been following the conversation we have been talking about Jungian Archetypes. Perhaps you should look into that a little bit. You seem to like Biology so we can start there: "Archetype 3. (Science: biology) The plan or fundamental structure on which a natural group of animals or plants or their systems of organs are assumed to have been constructed; as, the vertebrate archetype".

"The archetypes reveal shared roles among universal societies, such as the role of the mother in her natural relations with all members of the family. This archetype may create a shared imaginary which is defined by many stereotypes that have not separated themselves from the traditional, biological, religious and mythical framework" wiki

So your suggestion that an archetype is a "fantasy" could not be further from the truth. As archetype is something held in common or shared across a wide range of applications. Remember according to Evo-Devo anywhere you go in the known universe the natural laws remain consistent and the same. That is why we keep going back to Collins quote: "While it may seem to us that this whole process has the risk of randomness and, therefore, an unpredictable outcome, that was not the case for God". http://www.beliefnet.com/news/scien...cientific-adventures.aspx#APcw5YaU06GXBUQU.99

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.