Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"More than four in 10 Americans continue to believe that God created humans in their present form 10,000 years ago, a view that has changed little over the past three decades.
I believe that statistic is inaccurate. It is probably more like 95% of Americans believe in God and in creation. Even many scientists reject evolution.

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,793.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Deadworm

May 26, 2016
Colville, WA 99114
✟68,313.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Well, as one preacher I heard put it:
"You can believe man is a product of a baboon convention, if you want to, but I'd rather know the Rock of Ages than the ages of the rock. Amen? Honestly, when I drive by them liberal churches, I take my hat off out of respect for the dead! I like my religion the way I like my tea--hot! `Cause it's easier to cool a hot coal than to warm up a corpse. And I'd rather be a fool on fire than a scholar on ice! Somebody say, "Amen!""

Whatever you may think of his words, you gotta admit they're memorable!

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Evidence of this claim?
More Than 9 in 10 Americans Continue to Believe in God
http://www.gallup.com/poll/147887/americans-continue-believe-god.aspx

pz5ko_z5ru-dwvlupny5nw.gif

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,793.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

46AND2

Forty six and two are just ahead of me...
Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think in Canada the number of people who believe in creationism is way, way, way smaller.

The numbers I have seen would support that...maybe without a "way" or two. ;)

Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

crjmurray

The Bear. Not The Bull.
Dec 17, 2014
Lake Ouachita
✟16,029.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Well, as one preacher I heard put it:
"You can believe man is a product of a baboon convention, if you want to, but I'd rather know the Rock of Ages than the ages of the rock. Amen? Honestly, when I drive by them liberal churches, I take my hat off out of respect for the dead! I like my religion the way I like my tea--hot! `Cause it's easier to cool a hot coal than to warm up a corpse. And I'd rather be a fool on fire than a scholar on ice! Somebody say, "Amen!""

Whatever you may think of his words, you gotta admit they're memorable!

Yes traumatic brain injuries can have terrible side effects on a person's cognitive abilities.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Notice that the question on that poll that is not asked is "Do you believe that God created everything?".
That is the point. 92% of the people believe in God but only 42% believes that God created the Universe 6,000 years ago.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟275,855.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
One generation in the US is all it will take to see religion demoted into the minority, it will then slowly sink into oblivion in the same way it has in the rest of the civilised world.

Be careful about drawing long term conclusions from current short term trends. History shows us that the popularity of religious belief waxes and wanes for any number of reasons. And, the US tends to go its own way compared with the rest of the developed world.

If religiosity is still in decline in 15-20 years, when the children of the current generation with high levels of non-belief start to come of age, then I'll accept that there's a structural change in religiosity in the US.

Upvote 0

DTate98

Official CF User
Jan 3, 2016
Carrollton, TX
✟19,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Just because you think that is true, doesn't make it so.
Eventually you will realize that everyone believes they
are correct, and some will become correct because that
is what they believe. The impossible has been corrected
many, many times by those with a different view.
So you're saying if someone believes hard enough, their belief will be true?

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
"More than four in 10 Americans continue to believe that God created humans in their present form 10,000 years ago, a view that has changed little over the past three decades.
That's why us Europeans despair of the American education system.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The difference is that some people can demonstrate they are correct by supporting their position with objective evidence. Creationists aren't in this group.

False.

I've never ever seen anything made by man that wasn't created, in turn I surmise, a universe/all that is in it, and being much much more complicated than man can create, must have been created as well, and by a much higher intelligence. So if a higher intelligence created man, then why not let man know exactly what is going on, and use a Bible to make that known.

Then I look at the popular alternative to a creator. One of a few explanations include... the presence of the universe and all that is in it just happened over time, starting from some big bang out of nothing and for no particular reason. Then if they get bashed for the something " just appearing" theory, especially something so sophisticated ....some move to, "it doesn't matter how it started" or "we don't know, and it's OK not to know"....only because they finally figured out that beats the heck out of the "from nothing" or other theories.....plus they've now released themselves from the unexplained and can allow themselves to move to only a partial explanation of where man came from...convenient to say the least. You want more views, just refute one, and you will get another, never fails...all kinds of answers to deny a creator, but none viable when they are pinned down....not that I've seen anyway.

So, I look at the two basic choices and it's easy for me anyway, to make an objective choice of a creator. They will claim my faith is involved but fact is, the only reason I have faith to begin with is because I drew the objective conclusion the creator was something to put my faith in. The faith came after, not before. Even with people that were brought up in the faith have moments in their life where they take an objective look at things in deciding if they are really on the right path, happens all the time.

Point being Creationists can and absolutely do "support their position with objective evidence"....evidence defined as simply being something that makes something evident.

But Oh no! the Atheist cries, it has to be scientific evidence, logical conclusion is not allowed as evidence (another made up convenience), and they do make it clear often enough logic is not allowed for them, as in "science is the only thing that can produce evidence, and BTW, we know science doesn't/can't prove anything, but scientific evidence is still our proof, but wait a minute?.....that's not logical is it?"

One thing that is often proven, there is such and entity as the Master of Confusion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.