✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you never heard of the New Covenant
Have you heard of the Old Covenant? I have read the Bible cover to cover at least 5 times. I know what the Bible says. Perhaps you should judge yourself before you attempt to judge others.

1311-jpg.178084

Attachments

• 1311.jpg
    1311.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 75
Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I know you do. But you have no basis to say that outside of your religious convictions.

You're going to tell me why I do or don't agree with something now? Presumptuous.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The encouraging news for Christians who view the "debate" about evolution as titling at windmills, a time-consuming, destructive distraction from the purpose and message of Christianity itself, is that the percentage of people who accept it has been steadily increasing. The link in the OP is to a 2014 poll. The data from Pew Research Center’s November 2015 Religious Landscape Study shows that 62% of American adults accept evolution. Of those who do, a substantial percentage believe in theistic evolution. About two-thirds of Catholics (66%) and mainline Protestants (65%) believe humans evolved over time. A significantly higher number of respondents with a college degree believe humans evolved over time due to natural selection than those who are less educated. The support for evolution in younger adults is substantially higher than in older people, which also bolsters hope. In Canada, Europe, and many other industrialized areas of the world, the support for evolution has long been held by the majority. Besides one kid I knew, I've only ever encountered creationists on this forum.

Evolution Is Finally Winning Out Over Creationism
It is expected that Satan's lie is gaining ground. I'm sorry that, being a Christian, this is only the second place you ever heard of "creation". As a Christian, did you study the Bible? It is right there, right at the beginning.

As for the stats on education. People see that the more educated you are the less likely you are to believe in literal creation. What does this say? That more intelligent people believe in Evolution or "theistic" evolution? That is what Satan would like you to believe.

However, the intelligence of a person is not driven or indicated by education. You are born with your IQ. You cannot "teach" intelligence. You can take a kid with an IQ of 80 and spend time with them. If they have the persistence and the tutelage you can teach them to be an engineer or whatever. Take a kid with an IQ of 100-114 and give them no schooling, they are no less intelligent, they are less educated and have less information stored on their hard drive.

So, to my point. The more formal education society has, the more people there are who believe in evolution or theistic evolution. What does this say? It says that removing the Bible from school and teaching the kids that evolution is the only explanation for the origin of the human race and all other life, will give you a higher number of people who believe it.

WOW, shocking. The kids believe what they are taught. Who would have thunk? I guess our education system works HUH?

When I was a kid they taught creation and evolution side by side and let us decide. Now they teach evolution alone, ridicule anyone who believes otherwise and celebrate the fact that belief in evolution is at 19% of the population and rising.

Its not rocket science folks. Remove one theory from the mix and the student will believe what they are taught.

I'm sorry that people are offended, shocked, look down on me, twist the scripture, cannot tell between literal and metaphorical scripture, BUT, Genesis is plain as day. Read it.

Why would it be written in such a detailed way. A literal way with "there was evening, there was morning, the first day"? You do not add points like this if you are writing a metaphor.

Anyway, I have 17 years of education and my post secondary is in science and engineering. I believe in literal creation.

I believe this because the word of my God says it that way and He has all the ability to have done it just as He said.

If science has a different story, it hasn't caught up. I have argued at length on this on other threads and I know that I won't change my mind and others won't change theirs so I'm not here to argue. I'm here to stand up and say that Evolution of any sort is Satan's lie and if your a Christian you better pray and study for discernment of the truth and ask yourself "How big is your God"?

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟346,788.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
You're going to tell me why I do or don't agree with something now? Presumptuous.

And it's not presumptuous to say that me accepting evolution (you don't believe in a scientific theory) is the same as believing in God? Wow.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No. It really does not.

I don't know about that. Some Atheists seem to think Christians have a blind faith in believing it came from a magical God Creator, how much more to believe it came from a magical nothing/nobody or don't know?

I'd say that takes all kinds of faith. Misdirected faith in self and human kind I might add, but faith nonetheless.

I think the idea must be to "Relax world, we are now educated, so be enlightened, we have proven there is no God, so have faith in yourself, worship none and live as you see fit. We have evolved, we are smarter than our ancestors in this age of enlightenment. Celebrate the fact we have moved on from the fairy tales and myths of the past...passed down by our fathers. We no longer have need of such nonsense...we are secure in self"

All that/this isn't really directed at you exclusively, but in the end, mans faith in man to adequately explain God out of the picture will seem to work for a time, but will eventually prove to be to their own demise.

Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You can't measure the height of a mountain with a hammer.
You can't keep yourself dry in a rainstorm with a Q tip.
You can't produce physical evidence of the non-physical.
You can't describe the contents of a room you've never seen.
You can't study a God you haven't found any more than you can study a book you haven't found.
The tools we have for testing the physical world around us work well on studying physical things, but they aren't designed to test non-physical things. How, then, does one expect to use said tools to validate or invalidate the existence of something they know nothing about? That's like saying there is definately NOT a Zane Grey novel in my grandfather's room despite the fact that you've never been there and don't know if the room exists.

God, by definition is a supernatural being. Asking for physical evidence of the supernatural only demonstrates a complete lack of understanding between what constitutes natural or supernatural. Moreover, since the only requirement for salvation is faith and faith is the belief in things unproven, then were someone to give you irrefutable proof of God's existence you would then have no chance whatever of salvation. After all, even the the Devil knows God exists, but knowledge didn't save him. The denial of the supernatural is a denial of the greater part of reality since the physical world is transient and the soul of man is eternal. Thus it is not education to become convinced that the physical world is the only reality, it's indoctrination and the closing off of much of our instinctual knowledge. The more you insist that the physical existence is the sum total of all existence the more naive you look.

Intelligent people realize that the auto-origination of everything from nothing is impossible.
Intelligent people realize that the auto-origination of life from non-living material is impossible.
Intelligent people realize that order does not arise from chaos; that symmetry does not arise from randomness and that intricate design requires a designer.
The heavens declare the glory of God. Many simply refuse to listen.
Very well written and well said. Amen brother

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟346,788.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I don't know about that. Some Atheists seem to think Christians have a blind faith in believing it came from a magical God Creator, how much more to believe it came from a magical nothing/nobody or don't know?

I'd say that takes all kinds of faith. Misdirected faith in self and human kind I might add, but faith nonetheless.

I think the idea must be to "Relax world, we are now educated, so be enlightened, we have proven there is no God, so have faith in yourself, worship none and live as you see fit. We have evolved, we are smarter than our ancestors in this age of enlightenment. Celebrate the fact we have moved on from the fairy tales and myths of the past...passed down by our fathers. We no longer have need of such nonsense...we are secure in self"

All that/this isn't really directed at you exclusively, but in the end, mans faith in man to adequately explain God out of the picture will seem to work for a time, but will eventually prove to be to their own demise.

A person does not believe in a scientific theory. A person accepts a scientific theory.

Reactions: AceHero
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is expected that Satan's lie is gaining ground. I'm sorry that, being a Christian, this is only the second place you ever heard of "creation". As a Christian, did you study the Bible? It is right there, right at the beginning.

As for the stats on education. People see that the more educated you are the less likely you are to believe in literal creation. What does this say? That more intelligent people believe in Evolution or "theistic" evolution? That is what Satan would like you to believe.

However, the intelligence of a person is not driven or indicated by education. You are born with your IQ. You cannot "teach" intelligence. You can take a kid with an IQ of 80 and spend time with them. If they have the persistence and the tutelage you can teach them to be an engineer or whatever. Take a kid with an IQ of 100-114 and give them no schooling, they are no less intelligent, they are less educated and have less information stored on their hard drive.

So, to my point. The more formal education society has, the more people there are who believe in evolution or theistic evolution. What does this say? It says that removing the Bible from school and teaching the kids that evolution is the only explanation for the origin of the human race and all other life, will give you a higher number of people who believe it.

WOW, shocking. The kids believe what they are taught. Who would have thunk? I guess our education system works HUH?

When I was a kid they taught creation and evolution side by side and let us decide. Now they teach evolution alone, ridicule anyone who believes otherwise and celebrate the fact that belief in evolution is at 19% of the population and rising.

Its not rocket science folks. Remove one theory from the mix and the student will believe what they are taught.

I'm sorry that people are offended, shocked, look down on me, twist the scripture, cannot tell between literal and metaphorical scripture, BUT, Genesis is plain as day. Read it.

Why would it be written in such a detailed way. A literal way with "there was evening, there was morning, the first day"? You do not add points like this if you are writing a metaphor.

Anyway, I have 17 years of education and my post secondary is in science and engineering. I believe in literal creation.

I believe this because the word of my God says it that way and He has all the ability to have done it just as He said.

If science has a different story, it hasn't caught up. I have argued at length on this on other threads and I know that I won't change my mind and others won't change theirs so I'm not here to argue. I'm here to stand up and say that Evolution of any sort is Satan's lie and if your a Christian you better pray and study for discernment of the truth and ask yourself "How big is your God"?

Stanford has sucked Ella in, but she is too smart to see it.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A person does not believe in a scientific theory. A person accepts a scientific theory.

Rewording changes nothing. I can do that too...faith to accept...is that better?

Do you really want to argue a nit pick?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟346,788.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Rewording changes nothing. I can do that too...faith to accept...is that better?

Do you really want to argue a nit pick?

It's not nit-picking. It's a fact.
Believing is accepting something that you can't see. We can see studies of evolution, we can read papers that clear show evolution happened and happens. Faith is not needed to accept evolution.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

Stanfordella...... I should let you know that nobody is winning. This is not a contest. There is only one truth.

Truth is not determined by democratic votes. The more people believe a lie, the more popular the lie is. The less known the truth is.

As a Christian I am not offended by people who believe in evolution. It is this way due to the immersion of the TOE in our schools from an early age.

When I was in grade 4, a well intentioned teacher told my class that humming birds never stop flying. Once they start they have to keep flying. She said that their feet and legs shrivel up and they never use them. This is why they need so much food.

My friend said that he saw one sit on a clothes line. He was rebuked and told he was seeing things, in a kind, grade 4 in 1972 way. But told he was wrong and didn't see what he saw in a kind way.

Now, at that age, I had only seen them in flight. Their feet are tiny and folded back under their bodies and look shriveled. At that age I didn't have the attention span to watch one until it landed. They were too fast and usually wanted to get away from me and fast.

Point is, we believed her because she is our elder, teacher, and we are to listen and respect her and trust her to teach us truth.

Students now are no different. You regurgitate the information given to you. Good, bad, true, false... garbage in, garbage out. If you don't put your "X" in the right spot... your wrong. Too many wrong, you fail and lose thousands of dollars....you trust the state to set up a curriculum for a course to give you the tools you need to be functional in a career in the real world when you are done and graduate. You don't expect them to lie to you and get you to repeat their lies. They probably were taught the same lies themselves. It's a viscous circle.

Anyway, Stanfordella, you are one step ahead of this as you have Christ. Read the first book of the bible, Read it with prayer and ask yourself............Could my God have done this just like He said.......... If yes...why would I believe in the words of man over the written word of God?

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Believing is accepting something that you can't see. We can see studies of evolution, we can read papers that clear show evolution happened and happens. Faith is not needed to accept evolution.

Believing? look op the definition...that's all I can tell you on that

You have faith in those that brought this to light, that they are being truthful and sincere in their findings. you have faith the findings are the explanation for it all....you believe it.

Your answer to Amariselle to the comment of it taking a lot of faith was "No. It really does not." So it's reasonable to assume you meant no it really does not require a lot of faith...not a lot, but some.

But have it your way...a petty battle not worth the time and effort, so think I'll walk away from it.

And BTW, you say I cannot see what I believe in, I just accept it....you are dead wrong....open your eyes. As I've always stated, my explanation as to how it all got here is far more logical than yours. I can see the results of God.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟346,788.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Believing? look op the definition...that's all I can tell you on that

You have faith in those that brought this to light, that they are being truthful and sincere in their findings. you have faith the findings are the explanation for it all....you believe it.

Your answer to Amariselle to the comment of it taking a lot of faith was "No. It really does not." So it's reasonable to assume you meant no it really does not require a lot of faith...not a lot, but some.

But have it your way...a petty battle not worth the time and effort, so think I'll walk away from it.

And BTW, you say I cannot see what I believe in, I just accept it....you are dead wrong....open your eyes. As I've always stated, my explanation as to how it all got here is far more logical than yours. I can see the results of God.

No. Just... no, on everything. You have a serious problem with thinking that you can psychoanalyze everything everyone says. And literally everything is complete bunk.

Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Yes, you can read papers, written by men, reviewed by men and accepted by men. All of these men already believe the TOE.

Evolution cannot be observed, tested and repeated. Ever. You cannot show it happened. You have fossils that tell nothing other than the fact that this particular animal lived once. You cannot tell if it had offspring, brothers, sisters, a mate, what it's grandpappy looked like or what it's great grandson looked like.....you just know it lived and died.

Fossils are a snapshot of one speck of time. The rest is speculation, extrapolation and assumption.....all driven by the persistent motivation to fit this fleck of data into the grand puzzle that you have fabricated. If it doesn't fit..well......file some teeth, glue some other teeth in too. Plaster some other skull fragments here while your at it...

That is all it is. A mad dash. A frantic search for this non-existent and unprovable (anyway) missing link. Panic to find some solid indisputable fact to prove.............there is no God.

Meanwhile, the academic masterminds have it all laid out and stomp anyone who is foolish enough to bring up God into the picture.

It is a solid founded group and they will not be toppled. They have woven it into the education system world wide. Kids don't stand a chance. They cannot even make a choice because there is no second choice out there.

Satan is powerful and he is accomplishing a lot with the help of these "wise" men......But, in the end, he dies.

Reactions: amariselle
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No. Just... no, on everything. You have a serious problem with thinking that you can psychoanalyze everything everyone says. And literally everything is complete bunk.

He is highly entertaining to watch in action though.

Reactions: DogmaHunter
Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
And it's not presumptuous to say that me accepting evolution (you don't believe in a scientific theory) is the same as believing in God? Wow.

I didn't say it was "the same as believing in God", now did I?

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟346,788.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Yes, you can read papers, written by men, reviewed by men and accepted by men. All of these men already believe the TOE.

Evolution cannot be observed, tested and repeated. Ever. You cannot show it happened. You have fossils that tell nothing other than the fact that this particular animal lived once. You cannot tell if it had offspring, brothers, sisters, a mate, what it's grandpappy looked like or what it's great grandson looked like.....you just know it lived and died.

Fossils are a snapshot of one speck of time. The rest is speculation, extrapolation and assumption.....all driven by the persistent motivation to fit this fleck of data into the grand puzzle that you have fabricated. If it doesn't fit..well......file some teeth, glue some other teeth in too. Plaster some other skull fragments here while your at it...

That is all it is. A mad dash. A frantic search for this non-existent and unprovable (anyway) missing link. Panic to find some solid indisputable fact to prove.............there is no God.

Meanwhile, the academic masterminds have it all laid out and stomp anyone who is foolish enough to bring up God into the picture.

It is a solid founded group and they will not be toppled. They have woven it into the education system world wide. Kids don't stand a chance. They cannot even make a choice because there is no second choice out there.

Satan is powerful and he is accomplishing a lot with the help of these "wise" men......But, in the end, he dies.

I'm not interested in preaching.

Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟346,788.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I didn't say it was "the same as believing in God", now did I?

Belief is generally regarding as being for the religious. The largest religion in the US is Christianity. If the shoe fits.
Although I will admit, maybe putting "is the same as believing in a god' might have been a bit more tactful.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
A person believes and accepts the Word of God, as it is written.

I have faith that my belief in God is right and I will have eternal life.

You have faith that there is no God and no eternal life.

Neither of us has seen the afterlife, can measure or detect it. So it is an unknown. Believing in one concept or the other and betting our eternal destination on it is only one thing..........faith.

Reactions: amariselle
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.