Impeachment Trial Of Donald Trump Underway. Discuss If You Want.

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟339,245.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Yes clearly. That was the speech of a reasonable rational politicisn and not a serial narcissist trying to circle the wagons.

They quote him rjs. They quote the man. The flags with HIS name were surrounding the cop that had the life beat out of him. HIS supporters did that.and what did he do to stop it? He said the word peacefully once?

It is disgusting you are trying to turn him into a victim.

He's a corpulent cheating narcissist who only cares about himself and who does not know love.

Who cares if they quote him. They made their own decision to do what they did. They didn't do it because Trump told them to. Do you blame Bernie Sanders for the attack and murder of Republicans? You going to blame any Democrats used the words "fight like he--" quite a bit. You going to blame them for the death and injuries at all the riots? Of course not. No, the sword cuts both ways. The rioters are to blame for the rioting unless Trump encouraged them to attack people or attack the capitol.

The mob attacked Rand Paul. Are we going to say it's Maxine Waters fault or Harris? Im sure you won't.

No where did Trump encourage people to attack the capitol. No where.

Yes we all know how bad you dislike him.

But you still have no evidence he actually encouraged any violence.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"Trump sent us here! We are acting on his orders!" "We are here to get Pense, your boss sent us!" It was from their own cell phones.

Do you believe they were acting on Trump's orders?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Edited for space limitations.

Well, thank you very much. This is incredible.
Media will not show the magnitude of this crowd. Even I, when I turned on today, I looked, and I saw thousands of people here. But you don't see hundreds of thousands of people behind you because they don't want to show that.
We will not let them silence your voices. We're not going to let it happen, I'm not going to let it happen.

(Audience chants: "Fight for Trump.")

Thank you.

And I'd love to have if those tens of thousands of people would be allowed. The military, the secret service. And we want to thank you and the police law enforcement. Great. You're doing a great job. But I'd love it if they could be allowed to come up here with us. Is that possible? Can you just let him come up, please?

And Rudy, you did a great job. He's got guts. You know what? He's got guts, unlike a lot of people in the Republican Party. He's got guts. He fights, he fights.

For years, Democrats have gotten away with election fraud and weak Republicans. And that's what they are. There's so many weak Republicans. And we have great ones. Jim Jordan and some of these guys, they're out there fighting. The House guys are fighting. But it's, it's incredible.

And you have to get your people to fight. And if they don't fight, we have to primary the hell out of the ones that don't fight. You primary them. We're going to. We're going to let you know who they are. I can already tell you, frankly.

Republicans are, Republicans are constantly fighting like a boxer with his hands tied behind his back. It's like a boxer. And we want to be so nice. We want to be so respectful of everybody, including bad people. And we're going to have to fight much harder.

But we've done it quickly and we were going to sit home and watch a big victory and everybody had us down for a victory. It was going to be great and now we're out here fighting. I said to somebody, I was going to take a few days and relax after our big electoral victory. 10 o'clock it was over. But I was going to take a few days.

The American people do not believe the corrupt, fake news anymore. They have ruined their reputation. But you know, it used to be that they'd argue with me. I'd fight. So I'd fight, they'd fight, I'd fight, they'd fight.

Pop-pop! (Fist throws)

You'd believe me, you'd believe them. Somebody comes out. You know, they had their point of view, I had my point of view, but you'd have an argument.

Now what they do is they go silent. It's called suppression and that's what happens in a communist country. That's what they do, they suppress. You don't fight with them anymore. Unless it's a bad story. They have a little bad story about me, they make it 10 times worse and it's a major headline.

And we fight. We fight like hell. And if you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore.

Read Trump's Jan. 6 Speech, A Key Part Of Impeachment Trial

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟183,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Trump told the Proud Boys on live television during a presidential debate to "Stand back and stand by." He later denied knowing who the Proud Boys are after he was called out for his remark. He used the same tactic of total denial when he was asked about knowing David Duke and Prince Andrew.

My question is, was his public remark to the Proud Boys on live television an indication that he knew about a planned attack on the Capitol? The possibility was mentioned by another member on this site and it makes me wonder if he was privy to the plans of an attack or if he possibly had his hand in it.

I doubt that Trump would be that involved simply due to incompetence. :p
However, I could imagine that he was excited about the idea of a "personal" army fighting for him. He pushed for the military parades and so something like this group appealed to his narcissism.

Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I doubt that Trump would be that involved simply due to incompetence. :p
However, I could imagine that he was excited about the idea of a "personal" army fighting for him. He pushed for the military parades and so something like this group appealed to his narcissism.

I think what you said is probably more likely than my scenario, but I wondered just the same.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟488,263.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I hear you, but to be fair, he never was able to get these courts to address the evidence. Whose fault that was, I don't know
I do. It is either the fault of his legal team for not presenting it, or more likely, the "fault" of the evidence for not existing.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟370,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Who cares if they quote him. They made their own decision to do what they did. They didn't do it because Trump told them to. .
They LITERALLY say that they ARE DOING IT (WHILE they are doing it) it because trump told them to.

This is like Stockholm syndrome or something.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Who cares if they quote him. They made their own decision to do what they did. They didn't do it because Trump told them to. Do you blame Bernie Sanders for the attack and murder of Republicans?

If it resulted in an attempt to overthrow the government, yes any such person is guilty.

The facts of the 200 rioters arrested: the court papers and charges do list what those people said in chat forums to fan the flames.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
??? It seems to me the courts always explained their action....
Certainly. They gave a reason for not taking the cases that were presented.

But that is what I was saying before. IF some of these courts had actually ruled on the merits of the evidence, it would have been much better for the President and for the country as a whole.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟370,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
It's no longer denied by the prosecution that the real purpose for the trial is to prevent President Trump from ever seeking office again. If so, we know that "justice" or any other such objective is not what this is mainly about. It's simply a partisan political maneuver.
Well to be fair, he fomented insurrection. That's kinda why they wouldn't want him to seek office again.

It is so weird you forget to mention that.

Is it scary that a Republican would have to face the consequences (not being allowed to hold office again) of their behaviour (trying to overcome democracy).

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟833,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
And they implicated Trump directly?

Reposting #96

LINK

The Justice Department is now making clear that a leader among the Oath Keepers paramilitary group -- who planned and led others in the US Capitol siege to attempt to stop the Biden presidency -- believed she was responding to the call from then-President Donald Trump himself.

"As the inauguration grew nearer, [Jessica] Watkins indicated that she was awaiting direction from President Trump," prosecutors wrote in a filing Thursday morning.

The Justice Department filing continued: "Her concern about taking action without his backing was evident in a November 9, 2020, text in which she stated, 'I am concerned this is an elaborate trap. Unless the POTUS himself activates us, it's not legit. The POTUS has the right to activate units too. If Trump asks me to come, I will. Otherwise, I can't trust it.' Watkins had perceived her desired signal by the end of December."

• Informative
Reactions: FreeinChrist
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Well to be fair, he fomented insurrection.
If that is what you want to believe, then so be it. What I said (and what the usual news commentators noted yesterday after the Senate's adjournment for the day) was that THE PROSECUTORS' alleged purpose of the trial being about inciting insurrection or treason or the rest of that silly stuff has given way IN THEIR OWN PRESENTATIONS to it being about keeping Trump from running for office again. Running against them. And that's a purely partisan worry.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Trump sent us here! We are acting on his orders!" "We are here to get Pense, your boss sent us!" It was from their own cell phones.
Citation please. Also, is there any evidence that Trump actually made such orders? Did he have some secret meeting with his secret soldiers to storm the Capital building? Remember, it is your camp who is labeling the Trump supporters as brain washed moronic lunatics. So why would anyone find any credibility with the rantings of a Trump supporter?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Even the Prosecutors in the Senate trial know that Trump did not "order" anyone to overthrow the government, so if such comments were made during the incident, there is a different explanation.

Is it a convincing explanation?

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,634.00
Faith
Atheist
It's no longer denied by the prosecution that the real purpose for the trial is to prevent President Trump from ever seeking office again. If so, we know that "justice" or any other such objective is not what this is mainly about. It's simply a partisan political maneuver.

Impeachment has 2 functions. Removal from office and prevention from holding future office.

You find it suspect that the goal of the impeachment is to accomplish the only thing that impeachment can serve to do in this case (as Trump is already removed from office)? It's bizarre that your defense is "they're trying to do what the process explicitly states it does!".

Defense Attorney: Your honor, it is no longer denied by the prosecution that the real purpose for the trial is to have my client put in prison!

Prosecutor: Yes, your honor. As the penalty for this crime is jail time, that is exactly the recourse I seek.

Upvote 0