"if you have a problem figuring out if you’re for me or Trump, then you ain't black"

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, a track record of recent history could indicate which party tends toward greater help for minority communities.

It was not a smart thing to say
Explicit references of what a collective race is supposed to think is never wise and typically political suicide... but then again it's an odd day and who knows who will be standing in the end. Trump rallies Christian support by declaring churches are essential services and Biden calls himself the de facto leader of African Americans. They both are leveraging issues and values of people to get votes like playing a game, but I suppose politicians have been doing the same for years so why are any of us surprised.

• Winner
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Explicit references of what a collective race is supposed to think is never wise and typically political suicide... but then again it's an odd day and who knows who will be standing in the end. Trump rallies Christian support by declaring churches are essential services and Biden calls himself the de facto leader of African Americans. They both are leveraging issues and values of people to get votes like playing a game, but I suppose politicians have been doing the same for years so why are any of us surprised.
Well, let's be honest though. He's not saying he's the de facto leader of blacks. He's the default choice for blacks....that's what he's saying.
Not that he's right...just mostly right. Still adumb thing to say.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Sure it does. You role model it.

How does that not make sense?
Can you name a black person Trump treated like garbage? I don't know of any. I think he's treated a lot of people like garbage, but they're all non-blacks: Rosie O'Donnell, Jeb Bush, Ted Cruz and his wife, all of his political rivals. Except maybe for Ben Carson, who is black. I don't remember him saying anything really harsh about Carson.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
This talking point has not aged well.
Copied and pasted:

Me: I like Michael Phelps. He's a great swimmer.
You: Oh, his swimming? You're going with those talking points?

This is pretty much how elections work. If things are going well, the person in charge will likely get some credit for it, and will likely be re-elected, as Trump will be.
But in any case, no, the polling numbers indicate that African American voters have other reasons for their lack of support of the incumbent.
What other reasons?

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Can you name a black person Trump treated like garbage? I don't know of any. I think he's treated a lot of people like garbage, but they're all non-blacks: Rosie O'Donnell, Jeb Bush, Ted Cruz and his wife, all of his political rivals. Except maybe for Ben Carson, who is black. I don't remember him saying anything really harsh about Carson.
Barack Obama.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, let's be honest though. He's not saying he's the de facto leader of blacks. He's the default choice for blacks....that's what he's saying.
Not that he's right...just mostly right. Still adumb thing to say.
agreed, however to some people they don't see the difference, whether they accept it or nor is a different story.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The host wasn't impressed with the comment and sure did not think it was humor. I don't think anyone else did either. Good 'ole Joe - foot in mouth again.

And, unlike his opponent, was willing to apologise for his ill-chosen language...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That’s called damage control.

It’s also called recognising that you’ve caused damage and need to repair it.

And, as A.Thinker makes clear, that is a defining difference between the two candidates.....one of many.

Upvote 0