"if you have a problem figuring out if you’re for me or Trump, then you ain't black"

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I watched the whole video and it didn't appear to me that Charlamagne was bothered by it at all. Maybe that's because Biden was grinning when he said it, idk.

I didn’t say he was. Re-read my post. I said he was not impressed. Nor did he think it was funny, because he didn’t laugh nor did he grin. In fact he was trying to explain while Joe kept talking

• Agree
Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Which differs from what I said in what way?
That's superimposing a monolithic mindset over a race. You're right that politicians push monolithic sentiments all the time but they typically are not about race, or certainly not explicitly about race. It's a clear agenda however, tasteful or not, that he going after a black constituent.
No it's not. "Voting against your own interest" is not a "monolithic mindset".

Whether democrats TRULY ARE the better party for minorities and blacks would be best supported by other research I don't want to get into. But if I take that as read, a party that demonstrates more support for a certain group, does not then mean that race group has a "monolithic mindset" in ANY way if they vote for them. It means that, as a group, that minority does better when a certain group is in power.

But as mentioned, I'm not going to argue which group is better and what rubric is being discussed.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That's superimposing a monolithic mindset over a race. You're right that politicians push monolithic sentiments all the time but they typically are not about race, or certainly not explicitly about race. It's a clear agenda however, tasteful or not, that he going after a black constituent.
That should have been obvious by him being on the Breakfast Club podcast.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That’s a difference without a distinction.
How so?

His point or about his record vs Trump’s. He makes his point a bit awkwardly, I’ll give you that, but he’s referring to himself vs Trump on a show he went on specifically to reach out to a black audience. We already know he’s speaking to black voters, so why would that the point of contention here?

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
“The only people who are upset over Joe Biden's "You're not black" comment, are those who are ignorant of the historical reality that the very same political litmus test has been applied TO black people BY black people for nearly six decades now in terms of determining who is and who isn't "authentically" black. It is precisely that same logic that is the reason why Stacey Abrams continues to argue that black voter suppression is what caused her to lose the gubernatorial election in Georgia in November 2018 because, like Joe Biden, Abrams assumed that all those "suppressed" black votes would have gone to her—simply because they and she are black.

Joe Biden merely said what a lot of black liberals have been saying for years.”

Darrel B. Harrison (a black guy)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I guess Biden must think blacks are really dissatisfied with the record-breaking employment numbers.
Or perhaps what they want to see is MORE emboldenned racists treating them like garbage because of the colour of their skin.

It's hard to say why blacks would vote for Biden over Trump.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
like Joe Biden, Abrams assumed that all those "suppressed" black votes would have gone to her—simply because they and she are black.

Joe Biden is black?

Maybe it's more that they assume more than 50% of black voters will vote Democratic, an obvious fact for decades.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What exactly is wrong with what he said there?

Not a thing. I happen to agree with him. I think Joe Biden will defeat Joe Biden in the end.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I guess Biden must think blacks are really dissatisfied with the record-breaking employment numbers.

By "record-breaking", did you mean the 38.6 million people who've filed for unemployment in the last two months?
Unemployment benefits: Another 2.4 million Americans filed for jobless insurance - CNN

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000
latest_numbers_LNS14000000_2018_2020_all_period_M04_data.gif

Or did you mean how minorities are over-represented among "essential workers"?
Minorities, more likely to have jobs that make them 'essential workers,' disproportionately affected by COVID-19

Who could possibly be disappointed with any of that?

Your talking points were absurd to begin with, but they're especially amusing now that they're a few months out of date.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Joe Biden is black?

Maybe it's more that they assume more than 50% of black voters will vote Democratic, an obvious fact for decades.

Does that automatically mean you're not black if you're not planning on voting for Biden?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You'll understand if you just imagine Trump saying those things instead of Biden.
He says he has a good record and he’s gonna beat it. I don’t know what else you’re trying to make that out to be. If you can’t explain what’s wrong with what he said, I won’t assume there’s anything there.

• Winner
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
He says he has a good record and he’s gonna beat it. I don’t know what else you’re trying to make that out to be. If you can’t explain what’s wrong with what he said, I won’t assume there’s anything there.

It sounds like you've already forgotten about the "black" parts, even though that's been the subject of the thread.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It sounds like you've already forgotten about the "black" parts, even though that's been the subject of the thread.
I was responding to the comment in the off-topic video @hislegacy shared in post 28.

Upvote 0