If UFO's are proven to be 100% real, what happens to your faith?

Platte

Jul 14, 2020
Virginia
✟24,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
How do you know?

Neither of us have been outside of the Earth so none of us could possibly know there is no life outside of the Earth.
Well actually we have very much been outside of earth. How much life has been discovered on other planets? How about life on the moon? Any life will do. Small micro organism - have we identified any life on asteroids? Anything?

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Since quite a few here at CF are totally convinced that aliens have not visited the Earth, I have a question. If the the U.S. government were to ever publicly admit that UFO's are indeed visitors from space and that they have visited the Earth in recent years, what impact would such have upon your faith, if any?

First of all, the Revelation 12:7-12 Scripture reveals towards the end of this world, Satan and his angels will be booted out of the Heavenly down to this earth where we are. That's the result of that future war in Heaven they will loose with Archangel Michael.

Daniel 12:1 also reveals that future event of Satan and his angels being kicked out of the Heavenly for the time of great tribulation.

Lord Jesus revealed it here too...

Matt 24:37-39
37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
KJV

Who especially per Genesis 6 was doing that "marrying and giving in marriage"? These...

Gen 6:2
2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
KJV

Gen 6:4
4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
KJV

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Since quite a few here at CF are totally convinced that aliens have not visited the Earth, I have a question. If the the U.S. government were to ever publicly admit that UFO's are indeed visitors from space and that they have visited the Earth in recent years, what impact would such have upon your faith, if any?

0 impact.

As a besides, I don't believe that " aliens" have visited the earth, but just because I believe that doesn't mean I don't believe in life in other solar systems. In fact, I believe life in other solar systems is quite probable. They just may not be any more able to subvert the laws of physics than we are (even though a couple modern physicists believe faster than light travel is theoretically possible, I'm not convinced). Plus the theory that life elsewhere is probable doesn't necessitate that, that life be more advanced than we are in any way. Civilizations rise and fall, we go backwards and forwards in our own knowledge and ability with them. There's no proof even we will be as advanced as we are today in 500 years .. why people think it would theoretically be different elsewhere is beyond me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Also, there is plenty of evidence.For some, the existence of UFO is one. For others, the existence of sons of God in Genesis is another. For some, the existence of so many planets in similar position as ours is another.But as always, it depends on how we judge the evidence.

So let's do.

1. the existence of UFO's is one.
- As far back as the 1950s, people have reported seeing Unidentified Flying Objects (U.F.O.'s) at the southern Nevada military base.

Yet despite the increase in smartphones with built in cameras, lets say 1 million times as many people carrying cameras in their pockets and purses, there has been zero increase in the number sightings.

So this directly sets the number of aliens and UFO's at zero.​

2. sons of God in Genesis
- I have no idea what this refers to.

3. existence of so many planets in similar position as ours
- This is not different from saying " I see other suns, so there is life out there.
I'd like this one except all our planets get sunlight. We've moved from life on the moon, life on Mars, life on Venus and now down to just life on earth. Some of life should have splattered on to the moon and Mars.....but nothing.

So we are left with sons of God in Genesis being evidence of aliens. You can keep that one because I have no interest in researching it, at this time. If we are considering scientific evidence, then nothing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

So we are left with sons of God in Genesis being evidence of aliens. You can keep that one because I have no interest in researching it, at this time.

Good, then you have no need to read this, nor to study God's written Word then. Why are you even here on a CHRISTIAN forum then?

Job 1:6
6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.

KJV

Other than Genesis 6, the only other Old Testament Scripture where that "sons of God" phrase appears is 3 times in the Book of Job, the Job 2:1 and Job 38:7 being the other examples.

In Job 38, it is used for the angels at the time of God's creation. Job 2:1 is like the situation in Job 1:6 when Satan and his angels appeared before God's Throne in Heaven.

ALL... those OT references are about angels.

Only in The New Testament is the "sons of God" phrase used for those born in the flesh that believe on Jesus Christ. And Apostle John used the phrase to point to the resurrection and glorious body of the world to come (1 John 3:2).

• Agree
Reactions: jamiec
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Good, then you have no need to read this, nor to study God's written Word then. Why are you even here on a CHRISTIAN forum then?

My faith does not require me to do your research for you.
So, you'll need to point out the space aliens below.
And why they show up in the New Testament.

Romans 8:14
For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.

Job 38:7
When the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Romans 8:19
For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God.

Job 2:1
Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came among them to present himself before the Lord.

Matthew 5:9
“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Galatians 3:26
For in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith.

Genesis 6:1-22
When man began to multiply on the face of the land and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of man were attractive. And they took as their wives any they chose. Then the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not abide in man forever, for he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years.” The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown. The Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. ...

Luke 20:34-36
And Jesus said to them, “The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage, but those who are considered worthy to attain to that age and to the resurrection from the dead neither marry nor are given in marriage, for they cannot die anymore, because they are equal to angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.

alien-jesus-tshirts.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My faith does not require me to do your research for you.

I wrote that response more for the benefit of OTHER BRETHREN that do... believe what The Old Testament shows that the "sons of God" were about angels. I could care less that you'd rather remain Biblically illiterate.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wrote that response more for the benefit of OTHER BRETHREN that do... believe what The Old Testament shows that the "sons of God" were about angels. I could care less that you'd rather remain Biblically illiterate.
Why do we/they show up in the New Testament?

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,181.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yet despite the increase in smartphones with built in cameras, lets say 1 million times as many people carrying cameras in their pockets and purses, there has been zero increase in the number sightings.

So this directly sets the number of aliens and UFO's at zero.
Not sure what you mean. Have you been without internet last year?

Some think the sons of God from Gen 6 are aliens.

3. existence of so many planets in similar position as ours
- This is not different from saying " I see other suns, so there is life out there.
I'd like this one except all our planets get sunlight. We've moved from life on the moon, life on Mars, life on Venus and now down to just life on earth. Some of life should have splattered on to the moon and Mars.....but nothing.

So we are left with sons of God in Genesis being evidence of aliens. You can keep that one because I have no interest in researching it, at this time. If we are considering scientific evidence, then nothing.
When you know that in the forest you live in are animals, its probable they will be also in other forests.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not sure what you mean. Have you been without internet last year?

I said what I mean. One million times as many people have cameras in their pockets they use to show what meals they are eating for lunch for the world to see in minutes after the fact.

You must believe that they are all hiding the evidence from you.
You have not posted one UFO or alien picture.
Check on Tic-Toc for me to see if anything came in today.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
That would be absolute proof that the Bible is a hoax. End of story.
It depends what you mean by the Bible being a hoax. If you mean that all of it has to be true, in effectively all details, then you are probably correct. However, if you mean that the core message of the Bible is to love God and love others, that would not really be changed if alien life is proved.

• Winner
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,181.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I said what I mean. One million times as many people have cameras in their pockets they use to show what meals they are eating for lunch for the world to see in minutes after the fact.

You must believe that they are all hiding the evidence.
The UFO's are recorded. And confirmed by your own gov. Therefore they exist.

We can debate why common folk do not record them more with their smart phones, but thats not the point of this thread.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The UFO's are recorded. And confirmed by your own gov. Therefore they exist. End of story. We can debate why common folk do not record them more with their smart phones, but that's not the point of this thread.

I was indeed asking for "More" but one would be ok for starters.
We are seeking evidence for UFO's.

35.13% of the world's population has a smartphone today.
World Population Clock: 7.9 Billion People

So put back on topic, would one billion times more UFO sightings challenge my faith? Faith in mankind, yes. But mankind is safe for now. There has been no increase.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why do we/they show up in the New Testament?

1 John 3:2
2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is.
KJV

Apostle John showed that title "sons of God" is actually pointing to the future glory of the world to come. So today a believer on Christ being called a "son of God" (applies to female believers also), is only about the promise of that future state in the world to come.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You have three in the video. For starters. And I am sure you can google more yourself.

I don't come to chat forums for video's. Video's are for inappropriate content sites.

Reactions: Clare73
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,181.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
  • Agree
Reactions: Davy
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1 John 3:2
2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is.
KJV

Apostle John showed that title "sons of God" is actually pointing to the future glory of the world to come. So today a believer on Christ being called a "son of God" (applies to female believers also), is only about the promise of that future state in the world to come.

So the sons of God are the resurrected bodies. We will just assume that the writers were male pigs and meant to include females in their commentary.

• Haha
Reactions: Clare73
Upvote 0