If UFO's are proven to be 100% real, what happens to your faith?

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟218,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why can't the one Jesus be God and Savior of multiple worlds?
Especially considering HE MADE THEM ALL! "Oh, well He can create them, but He can't save them." Right.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟218,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Pretty much. We very likely would have encountered radio signals from other intelligent lifeforms by now, had they existed.
Agreed. But no evidence is still no evidence, and conclusions made from no evidence are simply opinions, and essentially worthless.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟218,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Heaven is not in the Universe. I assumed we were taking about UFOs or life on other planets. No life outside earth exists. I’m sure you’ve noticed that.
You noticed this in your travels across the universe, I presume.

Upvote 0

Fervent

Sep 22, 2020
San jacinto
✟125,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So if foreigners have a different religion, to hell with them, right?
Not quite, more that if the aliens had no concept of God it would strongly indicate that God is a human invention and so it would present a serious challenge to my faith. Of course, such hypotheticals are not really worth serious consideration.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟218,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Aliens are demons.
That's nice, but it would be more persuasive if you had some evidence that there are any aliens at all. Doesn't do much good to assure us that aliens are demons if there aren't any aliens. And if you can prove there are aliens, you'd still have to offer evidence that they're demons. I don't think I'm going to be willing to assume that on your say so.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟218,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For some, the existence of UFO is one.
Baloney. Any and every flying thing you can't identify is a UFO. All that proves is that we're not any too red hot at identifying things. Hint: if you see a UFO, it's a few zillion times more likely to be an airplane than a flying saucer, since no one has ever been able to prove that there are any flying saucers.

For others, the existence of sons of God in Genesis is another. For some, the existence of so many planets in similar position as ours is another.
Evidence of what?
But as always, it depends on how we judge the evidence.
Or what we claim to be evidence.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟218,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wrote that response more for the benefit of OTHER BRETHREN that do... believe what The Old Testament shows that the "sons of God" were about angels.
Which has precisely what to do with the existence of non-angelic life elsewhere in the universe?

I could care less that you'd rather remain Biblically illiterate.
Sorry mate, but the Bible says nothing of space aliens. Still no evidence.

Upvote 0

Taodeching

Oct 29, 2020
Southwest
✟60,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Since quite a few here at CF are totally convinced that aliens have not visited the Earth, I have a question. If the the U.S. government were to ever publicly admit that UFO's are indeed visitors from space and that they have visited the Earth in recent years, what impact would such have upon your faith, if any?

For me, it would have no affect because I believe there are UFO's and aliens. I believe it highly arrogant to think we are the only intelligent life in the universe

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟218,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The UFO's are recorded. And confirmed by your own gov. Therefore they exist.
I love that semantic shell game. You can use "UFO" to mean "unknown thing" or "flying saucer" as suits you. Here you're using it to mean flying saucer.

Problem is, it always means "unknown flying thing". That covers flying saucers (if there are any, which I doubt), but it certainly covers all the multitude of flying things that are altogether mundane and prosaic but that we simply can't identify. Simply intellectual honesty requires accepting that fact, but intellectual honesty appears to be a scarce commodity amongst flying saucer aficionados.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Kinda like the slant-eyed swarthy spawn of Satan that used to live across the boundless oceans who turned out to be my ancestors? "Do Chinamen have souls?"
Unless, you want to claim aliens are from the same human race, that's kind of a dumb argument.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟218,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe it highly arrogant to think we are the only intelligent life in the universe
Why? It's no more or less arrogant than beieving that the universe is jammed shoulder to shoulder with intelligent life. YOu pays your nickel and takes your choice, because there's no evidence either way!

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟218,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Unless, you want to claim aliens are from the same human race, that's kind of a dumb argument.
Now it's about race? I'd have thought that being created by the hand of God would be all the kinship we'd require to be given the benefit of the doubt. I'm thinking you might have sided with the folks who thought Chinamen were diabolical creatures based on their evil appearance.

Upvote 0

Taodeching

Oct 29, 2020
Southwest
✟60,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why? It's no more or less arrogant than beieving that the universe is jammed shoulder to shoulder with intelligent life. YOu pays your nickel and takes your choice, because there's no evidence either way!

There is evidence for life out there, right now simple life forms and someday we will find more complex ones. Why is it arrogant? Because it assumes humans are something special, humans are not

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Now it's about race? I'd have thought that being created by the hand of God would be all the kinship we'd require to be given the benefit of the doubt. I'm thinking you might have sided with the folks who thought Chinamen were diabolical creatures based on their evil appearance.
Aliens are not humans so you cannot make that argument, sorry dude.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Since quite a few here at CF are totally convinced that aliens have not visited the Earth, I have a question. If the the U.S. government were to ever publicly admit that UFO's are indeed visitors from space and that they have visited the Earth in recent years, what impact would such have upon your faith, if any?

Impossible to say really. The mere [possible] existence of intelligent extraterrestrial life doesn't negatively impact my faith at all.

I'd need a lot more details before I could say much of anything.

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟218,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why is it arrogant? Because it assumes humans are something special, humans are not
Again, conclusions based on no evidence are worthless.and assuming thst humans are just another run of the mill species is as silly as thinking we're God's Magnum Opus. I prefer to say "I don't know" when I don't know. Weird, huh?

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Taodeching

Oct 29, 2020
Southwest
✟60,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Again, conclusions based on no evidence are worthless.and assuming thst humans are just another run of the mill species is as silly as thinking we're God's Magnum Opus. I prefer to say "I don't know" when I don't know. Weird, huh?

Do as you wish, I do not care one way or the other.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟218,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Aliens are not humans
OK, how about a quick dissertation on how you gauned your information about thr naature of aliens. If you're gonna claim to be an authority, I'd like to know why you think we ought to accept you as such.

so you cannot make that argument, sorry dude.
Sure I can. Those long-ago ninnies who assumed that Asians were diabolical were working from ignorance. They didn't know jack about what they were talking about, so they arbitrarily decided that people far away from the world they knew must be devils. Spoiler Alert - They were wrong. In your case, you're assuming the existence of "aliens" based on nothing. and then assuming that those aliens who you can't prove exist must be assumed to be something other than human. That's stacking one baseless opinion on top of another and proclaiming it to be the truth. It's what my London mates might describe as a load of cobblers.

*IF* there are aliens, which we don't know, they may be angels, or demons, or somthing else altogether,and you have no clue which. It's rather like declaring that frelnishes live under the botttom of the sea, then arguing about whether or not they enjoy opera. First show me a frelnish, then we can discuss their tastes in music if you demonstrate that you know anything about it.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's nice, but it would be more persuasive if you had some evidence that there are any aliens at all. Doesn't do much good to assure us that aliens are demons if there aren't any aliens. And if you can prove there are aliens, you'd still have to offer evidence that they're demons. I don't think I'm going to be willing to assume that on your say so.

God created the world, humans and angels, some angels fell and became demons.
For aliens to exist God would have had to create a planet for them and all the life on it as well.
If God did do that then they would be subjected to Christ.
Colossians 1:16
For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.
The idea of aliens as another life form is extremely unlikely. This belief is more tied into the counterfeit theory of evolution. Demons are far more likely since we are told they will interfere with humanity and they can change form.

Upvote 0