If this isn't Islam then why do the Muslims say it is Islam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Secundulus

Mar 24, 2007
✟14,425.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sunday, 27 April 2008
A 17-year-old Iraqi girl was murdered by her father in an honour killing after falling in love with a British soldier she met while working on an aid programme in Basra, it has been claimed.

Rand Abdel-Qader was stamped upon, suffocated and stabbed by her father, then given an unceremonious burial to emphasise her disgrace. Police released her father without charge two hours after his arrest.
"Not much can be done when we have an honour killing case," said Sergeant Ali Jabbar of Basra police. "You are in a Muslim society and women should live under religious laws.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...iraq-for-loving-a-british-soldier-816301.html

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

Osiris

Übermensch
Mar 15, 2003
Visit site
✟4,264.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
If this isn't Islam then why do the Muslims say it is Islam?
You know, you got me thinking... you do have a point.
If killings like these are not permitted under Islam, why do they happen?

I know some muslim posters on here are going to say, "they are not following the real word of the Quran, the Quran doesn't order killing, these people are not real muslims, etc", and such and such...

But, stating that the Quran doesn't say that, doesn't negate the fact that killings do occur and under the Islam/Muslim name.

Also, if any muslims on here, what if someone drew a picture of your prophet and put it on his window. Would you go to his house and ask him to take it down? What would you do?

I do remember a riot happening in Denmark about those cartoons... but, wouldn't it be a far bigger offense to defame the religion by how the not real muslims are defaming it? by how they practice the not real muslim doctrines that the Quran doesn't order? Because of these not real muslims not following the real word, the majority of the world sees Islam as the Islam of the not real muslims.

Why aren't there any riots against the not real muslims? or is it that only the not real muslims are the ones that do all the rioting?

Reactions: Secundulus
Upvote 0

Secundulus

Mar 24, 2007
✟14,425.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
français;46476580 said:
Hmm... Show me where Muslims are saying this is ok.
"Not much can be done when we have an honour killing case," said Sergeant Ali Jabbar of Basra police. "You are in a Muslim society and women should live under religious laws.

Upvote 0

français

Atheist/CA-Bloc Québécois/US-Democrat
Oct 2, 2006
Montréal, Québec
✟21,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Bloc
Ok, so a police officer says that..

Just as many laymen say that homosexuals should be killed and such.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Osiris

Übermensch
Mar 15, 2003
Visit site
✟4,264.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
français;46476580 said:
Hmm... Show me where Muslims are saying this is ok.

Are you serious? are not the killers muslims? And as if this is the first time happening?

français;46483782 said:
Ok, so a police officer says that..

Just as many laymen say that homosexuals should be killed and such.

try reading post #4

Upvote 0

Secundulus

Mar 24, 2007
✟14,425.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why are you asking nonsensical questions which you already know the answer to?
The answer is that while you personally seem to have found a pure version of Islam that focuses on God alone, many other Muslims around the world have not.

Your version, I have no real problem with and am content to leave any final judgement to God.

However, the other version, that which seems to predominate, I am concerned with. This version replaces the current culture with a 7th Century Arabic mindset and destroys whatever it replaces.

If you personally were the Pope of Islam then coexistence would be nonproblematic. But you are not the Pope of Islam.

Until your vision of Islam comes to predominate all others, it seems prudent for all in the West, whether Christian, Atheist, Pagan, or whatever else, to resist this encroachment that will destroy us.

In the west, we have certain freedoms which we have come to cherish. Amongst these is the freedom to speak our mind in matters of religion, politics , and everything else. Islam prohibits free speech in matters of religion.

We also have this weird idea that all human beings are equal before God, including women. the predominate version of Islam again seems to contradict this idea and relegates these females to the status of houri in the afterlife or slaves in this life. For some odd reason, I reject this idea and prefer to view my wife and daughter as fully human and fully equal in this life and the next.

Until there is some evidence that your version of Islam predominates, It seems to me that Christians, Pagans, Buddhists, Atheists, and everyone else should come together to reject and resist the spread of Islam as it currently demonstrates that it is.

Upvote 0

PassionFruit

I woke up like dis
May 18, 2007
In the valley of the wind
✟20,550.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, Secundulus, this might sound counter-inituitive to you, but... during my time on the Internets, I have come to realize that I'm a lot more pro-jihad than most Muslims I've met.
Oh my!!!

I guess that means I should be afraid you, right?

Please tell me.:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Secundulus

Mar 24, 2007
✟14,425.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, Secundulus, this might sound counter-inituitive to you, but... during my time on the Internets, I have come to realize that I'm a lot more pro-jihad than most Muslims I've met.
And I would follow Richard the Lion Heart or Philip of France or Barbarossa of Germany to the ends of the earth.

But this is all in the past. What do we want to make of the future? Is is dominance or coexistence?

If you preach dominance, can you expect us not to resist?

Or is it simpy a matter of whether the God of Mohammed or the God of the Jews and Christians is more powerful?

If it is the latter, then so be it. Elijah has already answered the question.

Upvote 0

Secundulus

Mar 24, 2007
✟14,425.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
English, Irish and a Muslim sitting around when a genie appears and offers to grant them 1 wish each. The Irish guy says I want all of Ireland to be forever fertile and full of potatoes, poof! Its done.

Muslim says I want a wall around all Islamic lands so no infidels can enter, poof, a 5000m high, 5000m thick wall appears round all Islamic territory.

English says, 'so that wall, no one can get in, no one can get out?' Yep says the genie, it is completely impenetrable.

English guy smiles, sits back, lights a cigar and says 'fill the wall with water'!!!!

Reactions: InnocentOdion
Upvote 0

Secundulus

Mar 24, 2007
✟14,425.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In other words, if anyone wants to practice their religion on equal terms. recognizing that others might disagree, then we have no dispute.

If anyone thinks that thier religion is superior to the extent that they can use the govenment to impose its beliefs and practices on everybody else, then they can go to hell.

And for those Atheiests or others who think that some Christians have allied themselves too much with the government, I am on your side.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.