Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's not about you, it's about the rest of the world. Believing in Jesus doesn't show the world anything. But stopping your work on the seventh day shows who the creator is God/Jesus. The seventh day in many languages is Sabbath.
That even moreso than the change in the worlds calendar from When Jesus was born shows these things.

It's not a reminder. The remembering is to keep it. Resting in Jesus is not the same thing as resting on the Day he made Holy and set apart at Creation week.

Isaiah is not the Torah. Like I said before it's a special blessing to those who keep it that way.

13-14 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words: Then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

And no, I don't go 24 hours - I sleep 8-9 of those and like a Shabbat nap occasionally too.
Hi Lulav, I cannot remember if you have ever called any new covenant Christian on the forum "lawless because we do not observe the Sabbath of the old covenant. Several on the forum certainly have and I take from that those who do are really telling us it is their belief we will not be one of the chosen that will pass through the gates into Heaven.

I truly believe others and myself have proven we are not under any of the ritual laws of the covenant given only to Israel. Being a Christian, we believe we are responsible to observe the greatest law ever given to mankind, the Royal Law of Love found in Jn15:9-14. Keeping Jesus greatest command certainly does not make us lawless. Because Jesus came and died to save Israel because they were not able to keep Sabbath and many other reasons has taken away that barrier they lived under. Eph 2:15 I, for one, am so thankful Jesus did that for my brother and sisters that WERE under that barrier.

I want you to know that I still do not understand why some believe they are under the laws of a covenant that no longer exists. I honor you for doing what you believe is right. I continue to enjoy learning why others differ in their beliefs.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I take from that those who do are really telling us it is their belief we will not be one of the chosen that will pass through the gates into Heaven.
I don't make the rules nor am I to judge. But following that law you believe is the only one you need to keep I like to do the best I can to warn my neighbors of not following the wrong path.

Speaking of the gates of Heaven. Do you know which one you will go through since they are all marked by the tribes of Israel?

12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.
~Rev 21
There doesn't seem to be any 'Gentile gate', so to me you have to be part of Israel to go in.

Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the Lord,
  • to serve him,
  • and to love the name of the Lord,
  • to be his servants,
every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't make the rules nor am I to judge. But following that law you believe is the only one you need to keep I like to do the best I can to warn my neighbors of not following the wrong path.
I can read between the lines. There are so many ways we can do harm to ourselves and our fellow man.

Speaking of the gates of Heaven. Do you know which one you will go through since they are all marked by the tribes of Israel?

12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.
~Rev 21
There doesn't seem to be any 'Gentile gate', so to me you have to be part of Israel to go in.
I am not worried one bit. Jesus has a plan for gentiles just as He does for Jews. Could it be that we will fly over the gates? We will be flying to Heaven so why would a simple wall be of consequence? Having Jewish heritage doesn't benefit one iota. I have been saved by the Blood of the Lamb and will be waiting for you to come through one of the gates.

Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the Lord,
  • to serve him,
  • and to love the name of the Lord,
  • to be his servants,
every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant
11 Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called “uncircumcised” by those who call themselves “the circumcision” (which is done in the body by human hands)— 12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, 15 by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace, 16 and in one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility. 17 He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near. 18 For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The only problem with that Bob is that you believe the old sacrificial system along with all the Commandments was done away with. So how are you saved by the blood which was of the 'Old Testament' sacrificial system?
I have never said ALL the commandments have been done away. I have always claimed and believe commandments that deal with morality are forever. The ritual commands like Sabbath were for one nation. Those who believe they have to observe ritual commands do so without any new covenant Biblical authority. I am sorry that you don't take the time to read what I really write.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I have never said ALL the commandments have been done away.
Pardon me but many here on these threads do believe so, see the OP from someone participating in these threads in this particular forum.
I have always claimed and believe commandments that deal with morality are forever.
What does that have to do with the atonement?
Morality laws are up until we receive our new bodies which no longer will be subject to sin or the one who brings it.

That won't be forever, or else what's the point?
The ritual commands like Sabbath were for one nation. Those who believe they have to observe ritual commands do so without any new covenant Biblical authority. I am sorry that you don't take the time to read what I really write.

The Sabbath is not a Ritual Commandment.
The Sabbath was put into place to 'certify' the Creator.

There is one who wishes to be worshipped as that but it will not stand, not as long as there are those who love the LORD GOD and have no problem pointing to exactly who he is, once a week on the Day HE sanctified, not the RCC.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pardon me but many here on these threads do believe so, see the OP from someone participating in these threads in this particular forum.
No need to Lulav, I believe and know what I write. I think you get confused when I write that the old covenant laws of the Sinai covenant were done away. I usually always qualify my statements.
What does that have to do with the atonement?

Morality laws are up until we receive our new bodies which no longer will be subject to sin or the one who brings it. That won't be forever, or else what's the point?
Seems like you always find something negative to comment about.

The Sabbath is not a Ritual Commandment.
The Sabbath was put into place to 'certify' the Creator.
So what? What is wrong with being a ritual? Other rituals were to be kept with God being at the heart of them. I don't have any problem remembering my Savior every day.

There is one who wishes to be worshipped as that but it will not stand, not as long as there are those who love the LORD GOD and have no problem pointing to exactly who he is, once a week on the Day HE sanctified, not the RCC.
Sorry Lulav, but that is just a bunch of bologna. God asked that of one nation.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Seems like you always find something negative to comment about.

So what? What is wrong with being a ritual?

Sorry Lulav, but that is just a bunch of bologna.

You just won't answer the things I explain, instead you throw derogatory remarks at me, that is no way for mature adults to discuss things, is it?

11 Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called “uncircumcised” by those who call themselves “the circumcision” (which is done in the body by human hands)— 12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
What nation is Paul saying you are no longer separate from?
God asked that of one nation.
Yes, the nation, his people, Israel. Now tell me what nation do you belong to?

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,746,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
ADVISOR HAT

This thread is closed. Folks, please remember that the Statement of Purpose includes:
The site rules/Statement of Faith includes:
Challenging Paul's position as an Apostle of Jesus Christ who (although not one of the original twelve) was sent forth by Christ after his conversion [Acts 9:15-16], or arguing against the inclusion of Paul's writings in the New Testament canon, is not allowed in any "Christians Only" forums (including the Controversial Christian Theology forum). You may disagree on the interpretation and application of his writings, but not their place as canon or Paul as an inspired author of Scripture.​

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.