Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
"The Old Covenant; all of it, every single command and ordinance, was surely cancelled.
That includes the
  • dietary restrictions,
  • sabbath observance,
  • sacrificial system,
  • and the 10 commandments"
NOTE:The above is a quote from someone from this forum, please don't take it as I am believing or saying this.

You can find similar words like this all over this forum, but this was a most recent declaration that brought all kinds of questions to me.

So if everything in the Old Covenant or the Torah was cancelled then why...

Do we still see Rainbows in the sky, a great sign of a promise the LORD made to all mankind? Found in Torah in Genesis 9

9And I, behold, I establish my covenant with you, and with your seed after you; 10And with every living creature that is with you, of the fowl, of the cattle, and of every beast of the earth with you; from all that go out of the ark, to every beast of the earth. 11And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth. 12And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: 13I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth. 14And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud: 15And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh. 16And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth. 17And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth.

That sign is so important that, Did you know? there is one in heaven. Rev 4

behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne. 3 And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald. 4 And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.
So when the LORD GOD uses words like 'perpetual, everlasting we need to understand that he means it.

The LORD had a conversation with a man named Job or Iov and spoke of the rulings he gave to other parts of his creation (which is part of Torah) and asked him

Can you lead forth the Mazzaroth in their season,
or can you guide the Bear with its children?
33 Do you know the ordinances of the heavens?
Can you establish their rule on the earth?
34 “Can you lift up your voice to the clouds,
that a flood of waters may cover you?

Now you say that it isn't what you are talking about, instead the words spoken by the LORD to Moses for his People. The first we see that HE tried to speak them to the people but they were too frightened and asked Moses to go for them. To make sure there was no mistake that is was from the LORD HE wrote them himself , carved in stone. These (the second set) he told Moses to put into the Holiest of Holy places on earth, HIS throne, the Ark which is called the 'Ark of the Covenant' because that was the Ketubah made between the LORD (and Yeshua/Jesus as nothing was made that was made without him) and his chosen people.

This was to complete the instructions given to build the articles of the Tabernacle. They were accompanied by two witnesses, one of Priesthood (the rod of Aaron) and the provision by the LORD (the pot of manna).

Now through history the ark was stolen, returned, stolen again and today we don't know where it is (Ethiopia, likely a replica made by Solomon to accompany his son back with the Queen of Sheba) on Earth, but there is another place where it was seen where no one could steal it, make it disappear so no accounting can be made. That witness of the Ketuban/contract/Covenant made resides in heaven,

Rev 11:19​
Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and the ark (Containing) His covenant was seen within HIS temple.​
Where no one can say it's obsolete, where it is 'done away with', where it was cancelled, where it is no longer valid.​
It still exists under the guardianship of GOD and his HOLY angels.

People have come against them on earth, especially in the US and demanded that they be torn down, why if they are no longer valid? Could it be guilt for not keeping them?

And you know whats really interesting is that the Ark of HIS Covenant is in his Temple and surrounded by that other covenantal sign, the Rainbow.

Rev 10 hints to us that it's still important to know who the creator is (what Shabbat is all about).

6 and swore by him who lives forever and ever, who created heaven and what is in it, the earth and what is in it, and the sea and what is in it, that there would be no more delay, 7 but that in the days of the trumpet call to be sounded by the seventh angel, the mystery of God would be fulfilled, just as he announced to his servants the prophets.

Last edited:

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Old Covenant; all of it, every single command and ordinance, was surely cancelled.
That includes the
  • dietary restrictions,
  • sabbath observance,
  • sacrificial system,
  • and the 10 commandments
You can find similar words like this all over this forum, but this was a most recent declaration that brought all kinds of questions to me.
Do we still see Rainbows in the sky, a great sign of a promise the LORD made to all mankind? Found in Torah in Genesis 9
It was not part of the Old (Mosaic) Covenant.
9And I, behold, I establish my covenant with you, and with your seed after you; 10And with every living creature that is with you, of the fowl, of the cattle, and of every beast of the earth with you; from all that go out of the ark, to every beast of the earth. 11And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth. 12And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: 13I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth. 14And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud: 15And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh. 16And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth. 17And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth.

behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne. 3 And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald. 4 And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.
So when the LORD GOD uses words like 'perpetual, everlasting we need to understand that he means it.

The LORD had a conversation with a man named Job or Iov and spoke of the rulings he gave to other parts of his creation (which is part of Torah) and asked him

Now you say that it isn't what you are talking about, instead the words spoken by the LORD to Moses for his People. The first we see that HE tried to speak them to the people but they were too frightened and asked Moses to go for them. To make sure there was no mistake that is was from the LORD HE wrote them himself , carved in stone. These (the second set) he told Moses to put into the Holiest of Holy places on earth, HIS throne, the Ark which is called the 'Ark of the Covenant' because that was the Ketubah made between the LORD (and Yeshua/Jesus as nothing was made that was made without him) and his chosen people.

This was to complete the instructions given to build the articles of the Tabernacle. They were accompanied by two witnesses, one of Priesthood (the rod of Aaron) and the provision by the LORD (the pot of manna).

Now through history the ark was stolen, returned, stolen again and today we don't know where it is (Ethiopia, likely a replicate made by Solomon to accompany his son back with the Queen of Sheba) on Earth, but there is another place where it was seen where no one could steal it, make it disappear so no accounting can be made. That witness of the Ketuban/contract/Covenant made resides in heaven,
Rev 11:19 - Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and the ark of His covenant was seen within HIS temple.
Where no one can say it's obsolete, where it is 'done away with', where it was cancelled, where it is no longer valid.​
It still exists under the guardianship of GOD and his HOLY angels.​
Revelation is prophetic riddle, most of which are figurative.
And you know whats really interesting is that the Ark of HIS Covenant is in his Temple and surrounded by that other covenantal sign, the Rainbow.
Rev 10 hints to us that it's still important to know who the creator is (what Shabbat is all about).
6 and swore by him who lives forever and ever, who created heaven and what is in it, the earth and what is in it, and the sea and what is in it, that there would be no more delay, 7 but that in the days of the trumpet call to be sounded by the seventh angel, the mystery of God would be fulfilled, just as he announced to his servants the prophets.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Old Covenant; all of it, every single command and ordinance, was surely cancelled.
That includes the
  • dietary restrictions,
  • sabbath observance,
  • sacrificial system,
The fact is that all the items you listed WERE part of the Old Covenant given at Sinai. Another fact is that the Old Covenant WAS an "IF" covenant. If Israel had obeyed all of the commands found in the covenant the covenant would have been an everlasting covenant.

Why is it so very hard to come to the realization that, without a doubt, Israel failed in so many ways?

Why is it so hard to realize Jesus established a New and better covenant with better promises?

Why is it so hard to accept John in 1jn3:

19 This is how we know that we belong to the truth and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence: 20 If our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything. 21 Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God 22 and receive from him anything we ask, because we keep his commands and do what pleases him. 23 And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. 24 The one who keeps God’s commands lives in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
19 This is how we know that we belong to the truth and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence: 20 If our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything. 21 Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God 22 and receive from him anything we ask, because we keep his #1 commands and do what pleases him. 23 And this is his #2 command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. 24 The one who keeps God’s #3 commands lives in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.
Don't you find that wording a bit strange Bob? It looks as if it may have some translator error according to how you read it. But I looked up the Greek and it's correct, two usages are plural and the one is singular.

1. we keep his commands
  2. this is his command
  3. The one who keeps God’s commands

1. Notice the command is plural there and is speaking of the Father
  2. This is singular, speaking of a specific command given to the Apostles
  3. Again this is plural - CommandS - Commandments - These are referring to Gods Commandments
Why use this to pick and choose whose commandments you want to keep. You are separating God the Father from God the Son.

And as Yeshua said, 'I and the Father are ONE'.

Last edited:
Reactions: Studyman
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Revelation is prophetic riddle, most of which are figurative.
1 The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants the things that must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, 2 who bore witness to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. 3 Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written in it, for the time is near.
4 After this I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven! And the first voice, which I had heard speaking to me like a trumpet, said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.” 2 At once I was in the Spirit, and behold, a throne stood in heaven, with one seated on the throne. 3 And he who sat there had the appearance of jasper and carnelian, and around the throne was a rainbow that had the appearance of an emerald. 4 Around the throne were twenty-four thrones, and seated on the thrones were twenty-four elders, clothed in white garments, with golden crowns on their heads.
Then I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse! The one sitting on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and makes war.

Well I for one do believe that the testemony in the Revelation is faithful and True and not in the least figurative. But that's a good way to dismiss things you don't agree with or can't rebut.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
The fact is that all the items you listed WERE part of the Old Covenant given at Sinai. Another fact is that the Old Covenant WAS an "IF" covenant. If Israel had obeyed all of the commands found in the covenant the covenant would have been an everlasting covenant.

Why is it so very hard to come to the realization that, without a doubt, Israel failed in so many ways?

Why is it so hard to realize Jesus established a New and better covenant with better promises?
Israel did not keep her part of the covenant, but the LORD did not break it. Everything he does is Good and True.

Can you name the better promises you speak of?

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟901,890.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That includes the
  • dietary restrictions,
  • sabbath observance,
  • sacrificial system,

Now through history the ark was stolen, returned, stolen again and today we don't know where it is (Ethiopia, likely a replicate made by Solomon to accompany his son back with the Queen of Sheba) on Earth, but there is another place where it was seen where no one could steal it, make it disappear so no accounting can be made. That witness of the Ketuban/contract/Covenant made resides in heaven,

Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and the ark of His covenant was seen within HIS temple.​
It still exists under the guardianship of GOD and his HOLY angels.​

There are 5 Covenants. These covenants are a binding agreement between two or more parties. These Biblical covenants, God has entered into , are agreements made with 1. Noah, 2. Abraham, 3) Israel, 4) David and his descendants and 5) all of mankind. Which Covenant do you think applies to us today ? Blessings.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't you find that wording a bit strange Bob? It looks as if it may have some translator error according to how you read it. But i looked up the Greek and it's correct, two usages are plural and the one is singular.

1. we keep his commands
  2. this is his command
  3. The one who keeps God’s commands

1. Notice the command is plural there and is speaking of the Father
  2. This is singular, speaking of a specific command given to the Apostles
  3. Again this is plural - CommandS - Commandments - These are referring to Gods Commandments
Why use this to pick and choose whose commandments you want to keep. You are separating God the Father from God the Son.

And as Yeshua said, I and the Father are ONE.
Is the following wrong English? I command you to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us.

In one sentence two commands are given. You are not the first to try to evade what scripture is plainly telling us because of some preconceived beliefs that will not allow you to see the real truth right in front of us.

Col 2:16-17 tells us we are not to judge others for not abiding by the old covenant laws of what we drink and eat, feast days, new moons or Sabbaths because they are shadows and Jesus is the reality. Jesus is what is important, not a bunch of rituals that are now shadows.

I know I am using the same arguments I and many have previously used. I do it in hopes that you too will see the light in them. Also, I do not agree with your reasoning as writing that I am separating Jesus from the Father. Jesus even said in John15:9-14 that He kept the Father's commands and we are to keep His commands. Actually, John in 1jn3:19-24 is reiterating Jesus words in Jn15.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Israel did not keep her part of the covenant, but the LORD did not break it. Everything he does is Good and True.

Can you name the better promises you speak of?
I have never indicated to my knowledge that God broke the covenant. Israel broke it. If one party fails to keep the agreement the agreement becomes obsolete. In this case once it became clear the Israel would never meet the requirements, what was to be perpetual ended. God didn't give up on Israel, He set His Son into the World with a new and better covenant with better promises.

Are you telling me that you have not read the promises in the New Covenant? The covenant God made with Israel was to make them a great nation. "Although the whole earth is mine, 6 you will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.'’ Ex19:6

The covenant Jesus made with Israel is to make them heirs of the Kingdom. Jn3:16, Jn6:
24 “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life. 25 Very truly I tell you, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live. 26 For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself. 27 And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man.

28 “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice 29 and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned. 30 By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.

There you have two promises that are better than the ones in the "IF" covenant.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
There are 5 Covenants. These covenants are a binding agreement between two or more parties. These Biblical covenants, God has entered into , are agreements made with 1. Noah, 2. Abraham, 3) Israel, 4) David and his descendants and 5) all of mankind. Which Covenant do you think applies to us today ? Blessings.
Here's one you forgot, the covenant with Levi.

From the last book in the Ot.

“Then you shall know that I have sent this commandment to you, That My covenant with Levi may continue, Says the Lord of hosts. My covenant was with him, one of life and peace, And I gave them to him that he might fear Me; So he feared Me And was reverent before My name.”
“The law of truth was in his mouth, And injustice was not found on his lips. He walked with Me in peace and equity, And turned many away from iniquity. For the lips of a priest should keep knowledge, And people should seek the law from his mouth; For he is the messenger of the Lord of hosts” (Malachi 2:4-7).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I have never indicated to my knowledge that God broke the covenant. Israel broke it. If one party fails to keep the agreement the agreement becomes obsolete. In this case once it became clear the Israel would never meet the requirements, what was to be perpetual ended.
Hi Bob, I hope you are feeling better.

No I don't think you said that and it's well published that Israel did time and again which is why we have the LORD time and again calling to them through the prophets.
But saying that once it became clear makes it look as if the Almighty isn't omniscient which I'm 110% sure He is. Do you really think he didn't know what each and every one of the children of Israel would do their whole lives?

God didn't give up on Israel, He set His Son into the World with a new and better covenant with better promises.
No he did not, Speaking to Israel:
“It shall be, in that day, Says the Lord, That you will call Me My Husband… I will betroth you to Me forever; Yes, I will betroth you to Me In righteousness and justice, In lovingkindness and mercy; I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness, And you shall know the Lord” (Hosea 2:16-20)
Are you telling me that you have not read the promises in the New Covenant? The covenant God made with Israel was to make them a great nation. "Although the whole earth is mine, 6 you will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.'’ Ex19:6
That time hasn't come yet but it will. Because of the Golden Calf incident instead of all Israel that priesthood was given to Aaron and his descendants. Also because of how his grandson obeyed Gods Holy laws.

“Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying: ‘Phinehas the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the priest, has turned back My wrath from the children of Israel, because he was zealous with My zeal among them, so that I did not consume the children of Israel in My zeal. Therefore say, ‘Behold, I give to him My covenant of peace; and it shall be to him and his descendants after him a covenant of an everlasting priesthood, because he was zealous for his God, and made atonement for the children of Israel’” (Numbers 25:10-13).
The covenant Jesus made with Israel is to make them heirs of the Kingdom. Jn3:16, Jn6:
24 “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life. 25 Very truly I tell you, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live. 26 For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself. 27 And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man.

28 “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice 29 and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned. 30 By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.
I'm sorry but those are about life, and keeping God's commandments does the same.

Jesus spoke this:

If you would enter life, keep the commandments.”
^^^^

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have never indicated to my knowledge that God broke the covenant. Israel broke it. If one party fails to keep the agreement the agreement becomes obsolete. In this case once it became clear the Israel would never meet the requirements, what was to be perpetual ended.
Hi Bob, I hope you are feeling better.
Thanks, Lulav. I am almost back to normal. I wouldn't wish what I had on anyone.. My wife is still ill. Maybe it is because I am now chief cook and bottle washer.^_^

No I don't think you said that and it's well published that Israel did time and again which is why we have the LORD time and again calling to them through the prophets.
But saying that once it became clear makes it look as if the Almighty isn't omniscient which I'm 110% sure He is.
God knows the beginning to the end. It is all part of His plan of salvation devised before the foundation of the World. No one is a puppet, but God knows everything about each of us and how we will respond as we go through life.

Do you really think he didn't know what each and every one of the children of Israel would do their whole lives?
What gave you that idea?
God didn't give up on Israel, He set His Son into the World with a new and better covenant with better promises.
No he did not, Speaking to Israel:
“It shall be, in that day, Says the Lord, That you will call Me My Husband… I will betroth you to Me forever; Yes, I will betroth you to Me In righteousness and justice, In lovingkindness and mercy; I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness, And you shall know the Lord” (Hosea 2:16-20)
It cannot be too soon.

That time hasn't come yet but it will. Because of the Golden Calf incident instead of all Israel that priesthood was given to Aaron and his descendants. Also because of how his grandson obeyed Gods Holy laws.
Hold on there Lulav. God told Moses to tell the people this. The time was then.

“Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying: ‘Phinehas the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the priest, has turned back My wrath from the children of Israel, because he was zealous with My zeal among them, so that I did not consume the children of Israel in My zeal. Therefore say, ‘Behold, I give to him My covenant of peace; and it shall be to him and his descendants after him a covenant of an everlasting priesthood, because he was zealous for his God, and made atonement for the children of Israel’” (Numbers 25:10-13).
Another instance where everlasting did not mean eternal.

I'm sorry but those are about life, and keeping God's commandments does the same.
Why would you deny that Jesus' promises are not about life eternal? Keeping all the laws given to Israel and those before them will not save anyone. Where did you get the idea that any of us has the ability to keep laws? Remember, we are all sinners, not saved because of anything we do, but by what Jesus did for us.

Jesus spoke this:

If you would enter life, keep the commandments.”

That is the reason scripture is so adamant in telling us faith without good deeds is dead. We can measure some things about ourselves. What we do for others is one of those things we are able to measure.

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟111,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
A covenant requires two parties, so I would ask you which did you agree to keep?

That's an interesting question knowing what the scripture actually says about the new-renewed covenant: every one shall die for his own iniquity.

Jeremiah 31:26-31 KJV
26 Upon this I awaked, and beheld; and my sleep was sweet unto me.
27 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah with the seed of man, and with the seed of beast.
28 And it shall come to pass, that like as I have watched over them, to pluck up, and to break down, and to throw down, and to destroy, and to afflict; so will I watch over them, to build, and to plant, saith the LORD.
29 In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge.
30 But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge.
31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I chose Jesus Christ of Nazareth, the New Covenant.
Blessings.
Messiah is not a Covenant just like Moses was not a covenant.

If you are choosing the New Covenant then what is your part in it? What did you agree to do to be part of it?

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟901,890.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Messiah is not a Covenant just like Moses was not a covenant.

If you are choosing the New Covenant then what is your part in it? What did you agree to do to be part of it?
To believe and follow the Messiah, Jesus Christ of Nazareth brings us into the New Covenant. He then fills us with His Holy Spirit.
Blessings.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob S
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's an interesting question knowing what the scripture actually says about the new-renewed covenant: every one shall die for his own iniquity.
Jesus said it is a new ( Gr: kainos) covenant (Lk 22:20, 1 Co 11:25, Heb 8:13), not a renewed (Gr: anakainoo) covenant.
Jeremiah 31:26-31 KJV
26 Upon this I awaked, and beheld; and my sleep was sweet unto me.
27 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah with the seed of man, and with the seed of beast.
28 And it shall come to pass, that like as I have watched over them, to pluck up, and to break down, and to throw down, and to destroy, and to afflict; so will I watch over them, to build, and to plant, saith the LORD.
29 In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge.
30 But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge.
31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.