If there is "no evidence" for evolution...

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Creationists know they benefit from true science: nature, gravity, light, etc; just like everybody else, but no one really benefits from thinking they evolved from a non-life material that somehow became life, evolved from fish to amphib to reptile to monkey to man, to die and be no more forevermore. The creationists greatest desire would be for the evolutionist to see their error, turn to God and enjoy eternity with God forever.
And there is the gratuitous "evolution equals atheism" nonsense again. Really, it's becoming offensive.
What is the evolutionist greatest desire in this debate; to see the creationist's faith destroyed...
Wrong again. Nobody cares what you believe, any more than we care that Seventh Day Adventists don't eat meat or that Mormons wear funny underpants. If it wasn't for the political agenda there wouldn't even be a forum like this. As I said, Seventh Day Adventists don't eat meat and nobody cares. But what do you suppose would happen if they agitated to have meat removed from all public school cafeterias and demanded SDA prayer and Bible study for all students? Were hostile to Christians who disagreed with them about it?
...to turn to the belief that evolution is correct after all, possibly turn to immorality or "partying", "live, drink, for tomorrow I die", and then pass off into nothingness and eventually be totally forgotten? If it was just a matter of people's beliefs, I would still rather be a creationist, but with all the information that I have seen and with seeing the way both sides handle and interpret the same evidence and facts, not only does my spirit choose God, my intellect acknowledges the Bible as the truth as well.
And that is just plain disgusting.

Upvote 0

Jjmcubbin

Feb 3, 2018
Delhi
✟18,935.00
Country
India
Faith
Hindu
Marital Status
Private
Creationists know they benefit from true science: nature, gravity, light, etc; just like everybody else, but no one really benefits from thinking they evolved from a non-life material that somehow became life, evolved from fish to amphib to reptile to monkey to man, to die and be no more forevermore. The creationists greatest desire would be for the evolutionist to see their error, turn to God and enjoy eternity with God forever. What is the evolutionist greatest desire in this debate; to see the creationist's faith destroyed, to turn to the belief that evolution is correct after all, possibly turn to immorality or "partying", "live, drink, for tomorrow I die", and then pass off into nothingness and eventually be totally forgotten? If it was just a matter of people's beliefs, I would still rather be a creationist, but with all the information that I have seen and with seeing the way both sides handle and interpret the same evidence and facts, not only does my spirit choose God, my intellect acknowledges the Bible as the truth as well.
1. Evolution has tons of practical implications. Ask your doctor why you need a flu shot, or why AIDS is so hard to treat.
2. I can also create biased desires. The creationist's desire is to quash all known knowledge and start a world order based on one religion, and then pray to God to help with their ignorance and see their mistake before they die and are forgotten. See? And don't reply to this point because there is no debate here, just another dumb way to make others see logic.

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟319,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
1. Evolution has tons of practical implications. Ask your doctor why you need a flu shot, or why AIDS is so hard to treat.
2. I can also create biased desires. The creationist's desire is to quash all known knowledge and start a world order based on one religion, and then pray to God to help with their ignorance and see their mistake before they die and are forgotten. See? And don't reply to this point because there is no debate here, just another dumb way to make others see logic.
1. I haven't had a flu shot in several decades, and haven't had much flu, and certainly nothing serious or memorable in all those years that had to do with the flu. Yet I hear of all these people getting flu shots, then getting the flu.
2. What you say is the creationist's desire is so off it isn't even funny, but I won't
continue the reply as you request.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Creationists know they benefit from true science: nature, gravity, light, etc; just like everybody else, but no one really benefits from thinking they evolved from a non-life material that somehow became life, evolved from fish to amphib to reptile to monkey to man, to die and be no more forevermore. The creationists greatest desire would be for the evolutionist to see their error, turn to God and enjoy eternity with God forever. What is the evolutionist greatest desire in this debate; to see the creationist's faith destroyed, to turn to the belief that evolution is correct after all, possibly turn to immorality or "partying", "live, drink, for tomorrow I die", and then pass off into nothingness and eventually be totally forgotten? If it was just a matter of people's beliefs, I would still rather be a creationist, but with all the information that I have seen and with seeing the way both sides handle and interpret the same evidence and facts, not only does my spirit choose God, my intellect acknowledges the Bible as the truth as well.
I'm not going to address the numerous errors in this post, but I will note that "evolutionists" includes Christian theistic evolutionists. Conflating acceptance of the evidence supporting evolution with atheism is not only fallacious, but is against CF rules.

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

AnotherAtheist

Gimmie dat ol' time physical evidence
Supporter
Aug 16, 2007
East Midlands
✟123,826.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
1. I haven't had a flu shot in several decades, and haven't had much flu, and certainly nothing serious or memorable in all those years that had to do with the flu. Yet I hear of all these people getting flu shots, then getting the flu.

There is a sizeable proportion of the population that has developed enough resistance to flu in general that they won't catch the flu, or where the flu will be so mild that it presents as a mild cold. That appears to include both you and I.

Other people are not so resistant, and therefore the flu shot is beneficial. Even though it doesn't provide 100% protection.

Hence, there is nothing in your experience which contradicts the arguments presented.

2. What you say is the creationist's desire is so off it isn't even funny, but I won't

The poster was reflecting your own argument back on you. If you find the paraphrase as 'so off' as you do, then perhaps you should consider if your own claims are equally, if not more, 'so off'.

• Agree
Reactions: Jjmcubbin
Upvote 0

UCDavis

Sep 24, 2015
Alameda, California
✟10,642.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dude the flu is caused by a virus. It was a virus when the vaccine was first developed and its still a virus now. The flu virus will always stay a virus. Have nice day :)

• Haha
Reactions: tas8831
Upvote 0

Jjmcubbin

Feb 3, 2018
Delhi
✟18,935.00
Country
India
Faith
Hindu
Marital Status
Private
1. As someone said. Also, such shots only work on a percentage basis. They only work on a percentage of people it was tested on. But we are not talking about its effectiveness, but about why people need a new one every year. Even artificial selection is an application.
2. That was my point.
Dude the flu is caused by a virus. It was a virus when the vaccine was first developed and its still a virus now. The flu virus will always stay a virus. Have nice day :)
A virus DOES have mutations, which is why you need a different shot.
Viral evolution - Wikipedia
And nobody is saying that a virus will become a fish. For that, I suggest you open a school level textbook.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟143,395.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
There is no evolutionary biology that is true science. Darwins finches did not evolve, they adapted different size beaks

to evolve = to adapt

, but they all were still finches

If they would have "turned" into something else then finches, then evolution would be false.

Different size horses and dogs is not evolution, because they all are still horses and dogs.

If dogs would produce anything other then dogs, evolution would be false
If horses would produce anything other then horses, evolution would be false.

Different sizes and shapes of humans is not evolution, because they are all still...

If humans would produce anything other then humans, evolution would be false.

well you should get the idea

I get the idea, allright: you're creationist I-lost-count who doesn't have a clue about how evolution actually works.

Adaption is not evolution

Except that it is.
The "best" adapted survive and reproduce. That's natural selection. Evolution.

They all continue to stay the same or have missing links in their supposed evolution.

1. they stay within their lineage. Descendents of mammals, will be mammals. Descendends of canines, will be canines. Descendends of humans, will be humans. Or sub-species thereof. Speciation is a vertical process.... Not a horizontal one.

2. "missing links" are about evolutionary history. It concerns the finding of fossils. Nothing guarantees the finding of any fossil. The theory of evolution doesn't require any fossils, really. The fossils we find, must off course make sense in context of evolution (and they do). But nothing guarantees the finding of specific fossils. We're lucky that we actually have any fossils at all! The genetic evidence, makes common ancestry of life, nothing short of fact.

"well substantiated, repeatable body of observation from nature and experimentation" This sounds nice to you, it just doesn't exist for "true evolution."

It does.

The amount of testable predictions made by evolution theory is insanely high.
They all confirm the theory.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟329,323.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Creationists know they benefit from true science: nature, gravity, light, etc; just like everybody else, but no one really benefits from thinking they evolved from a non-life material that somehow became life, evolved from fish to amphib to reptile to monkey to man, to die and be no more forevermore.

The modern theory of evolution including common descent (via phylogenetics) most certainly has real-world applications. Particularly with respect to genomics and subsequent applications in various fields such as agriculture, pharmacology, etc.

The good news for creationists is they neither need to accept or even acknowledge this. They can still benefit regardless.

The creationists greatest desire would be for the evolutionist to see their error, turn to God and enjoy eternity with God forever. What is the evolutionist greatest desire in this debate; to see the creationist's faith destroyed, to turn to the belief that evolution is correct after all, possibly turn to immorality or "partying", "live, drink, for tomorrow I die", and then pass off into nothingness and eventually be totally forgotten?

Actually our greatest desire is to see creationists get the definition and understanding of biological evolution right for once. Apparently you've completely confused it with hedonism.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Astrophile

Aug 30, 2013
England
✟230,965.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Widowed
I have already commented on how some Bible teachers have made the mistake of trying to associate modern animals with these two Biblical animals. They want to make Behemoth a hippopotamus, yet Job 40:17 says "he (behemoth) moveth his tail like a cedar." A cedar is a large, heavy, tree. Now look at the tail of a hippopotamus. Now really. No one should think that hippo's tail is anything like a cedar. Verse 19 says (behemoth) is the chief of all his (God's) ways. (Kind of like saying the lion is the king of the beasts). That doesn't seem to fit the hippo either. The Biblical descriptions of these two animals just don't fit any modern day animals. Remember, I studied to be a zoologist at one time, and had read about lots of animals in my time.

There's a simple answer to the assertion that Behemoth and Leviathan were non-avian dinosaurs; neither of them is described as having feathers! See List of dinosaur species preserved with evidence of feathers - Wikipedia .

• Haha
Reactions: Speedwell
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Oh look! The "it's still a virus" argument. We haven't seen that in a whole 24 hours. Like anything in evolution or the theory of evolution predicts that viruses (which barely qualify as being alive) would evolve into "something else" (whatever that something else is supposed to be, Creationists never tell us that part).

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Snappy1

Feb 19, 2018
Arkansas
✟30,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
The title of this thread is wrong.
Listen, you can't claim rocks are alive and plants aren't and then start accusing anything else of being wrong. You got a long path to walk before your credibility is back to a normal point. You could claim the sky is blue and we'd be obligated to check.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Listen, you can't claim rocks are alive and plants aren't and then start accusing anything else of being wrong. You got a long path to walk before your credibility is back to a normal point. You could claim the sky is blue and we'd be obligated to check.

I know what I said, you do not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Snappy1

Feb 19, 2018
Arkansas
✟30,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I know what I said, you do not.
Well obviously I do know. So does everyone else. This is a forum. We can go back and read what you said. This isn't some casual, unrecorded conversation.

• Agree
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

UCDavis

Sep 24, 2015
Alameda, California
✟10,642.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1. As someone said. Also, such shots only work on a percentage basis. They only work on a percentage of people it was tested on. But we are not talking about its effectiveness, but about why people need a new one every year. Even artificial selection is an application.
2. That was my point.

A virus DOES have mutations, which is why you need a different shot.
Viral evolution - Wikipedia
And nobody is saying that a virus will become a fish. For that, I suggest you open a school level textbook.
It’s still influenza. It will stay influenza and be same influenza. It ain’t changing into anything else! except a potent virus called influenza.

• Haha
Reactions: tas8831
Upvote 0

Snappy1

Feb 19, 2018
Arkansas
✟30,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
It’s still influenza. It will stay influenza and be same influenza. It ain’t changing into anything else! except a potent virus called influenza.
I love the internet for posts like this. Nowhere else can you see people proudly proclaiming that they're ignorant with a smile on their face.

Upvote 0

Jjmcubbin

Feb 3, 2018
Delhi
✟18,935.00
Country
India
Faith
Hindu
Marital Status
Private
True. It won't become a fish anytime soon (or even later). Does that mean it is not evolution?
I suggest picking up a biology textbook.

• Agree
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

UCDavis

Sep 24, 2015
Alameda, California
✟10,642.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True. It won't become a fish anytime soon (or even later). Does that mean it is not evolution?
I suggest picking up a biology textbook.
Show me a real life example of a virus thats in the process of “evolving”.

Last edited:
Upvote 0