If there is "no evidence" for evolution...

Jjmcubbin

Feb 3, 2018
Delhi
✟18,935.00
Country
India
Faith
Hindu
Marital Status
Private
Show me a real life example of a virus thats in the process of “evolving”.
I can't deal with this. What have we been talking about for the past few days? Certainly not the evolution of viruses, influenza to be precise. And you clearly did not read the wikipedia page I linked you too. I'm sorry, but I can't help you if you CHOOSE to remain ignorant despite having the material given to you on a silver platter (which really isn't my job).

Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Can I ask you something? Is evolution taught in medical school?

What's the problem? Can't use google? Too lazy? Or just don't really want to know?

The status of evolutionary medicine education in North American medical schools

Despite repeated follow-up, 60 schools (39%) responded to the survey. There was no evidence of sample bias. The three evolutionary principles rated most important were antibiotic resistance, environmental mismatch, and somatic selection in cancer. While importance and coverage of principles were correlated (r = 0.76, P < 0.01), coverage (at least moderate) lagged behind importance (at least moderate) by an average of 21% (SD = 6%). Compared to 2003, a range of evolutionary principles were covered by 4 to 74% more schools. Nearly half (48%) of responders anticipated igniting controversy at their medical school if they added evolution to their curriculum. The teaching resources ranked most useful were model test questions and answers, case studies, and model curricula for existing courses/rotations. Limited resources (faculty expertise) were cited as the major barrier to adding more evolution, but benefits included a deeper understanding and improved patient care.

Have a look at this table...

Reactions: bhsmte
Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Amen. The same applies to Apes. Humans are God's children and destined to have dominion or rule over Apes. Gen 1:28

The same applies to every single life form.
Species produce more of their own, just slightly different.
Those differences accumulate over generations.

That's what drives speciation processes.
And speciation is a vertical process, not a horizontal one.

Mammals will produce mammals.
Canines will produce canines.
Hominidae will produce hominidae.
Apes will produce apes.
Humans will produce humans.

Homo Sapiens: "still" a primate, mammal, vertebrate, eukaryote,...

Count on a creationist, to misrepresent this and pretend otherwise.

Upvote 0

UCDavis

Sep 24, 2015
Alameda, California
✟10,642.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What's the problem? Can't use google? Too lazy? Or just don't really want to know?

Despite repeated follow-up, 60 schools (39%) responded to the survey. There was no evidence of sample bias. The three evolutionary principles rated most important were antibiotic resistance, environmental mismatch, and somatic selection in cancer. While importance and coverage of principles were correlated (r = 0.76, P < 0.01), coverage (at least moderate) lagged behind importance (at least moderate) by an average of 21% (SD = 6%). Compared to 2003, a range of evolutionary principles were covered by 4 to 74% more schools. Nearly half (48%) of responders anticipated igniting controversy at their medical school if they added evolution to their curriculum. The teaching resources ranked most useful were model test questions and answers, case studies, and model curricula for existing courses/rotations. Limited resources (faculty expertise) were cited as the major barrier to adding more evolution, but benefits included a deeper understanding and improved patient care.

Have a look at this table...

Which medical schools teach evolution? Are there any evolution questions on the board exams?

Upvote 0

UCDavis

Sep 24, 2015
Alameda, California
✟10,642.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can't deal with this. What have we been talking about for the past few days? Certainly not the evolution of viruses, influenza to be precise. And you clearly did not read the wikipedia page I linked you too. I'm sorry, but I can't help you if you CHOOSE to remain ignorant despite having the material given to you on a silver platter (which really isn't my job).
U have given me nothing. Influenza might have mutations but it’s still a virus and always will be. A virus has never “evolved” into a fish and it never will. There’s no proof that anything like that has ever happened.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
U have given me nothing. Influenza might have mutations but it’s still a virus and always will be. A virus has never “evolved” into a fish and it never will. There’s no proof that anything like that has ever happened.

If a virus would evolve into a fish, then evolution theory would be falsified.

Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Which medical schools teach evolution? Are there any evolution questions on the board exams?

Why are you asking me? Do you want me to research every medical school for you? I answered your question, yes evolution is taught in medical school.

upload_2018-3-13_9-46-37.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

You asked for "a real life example of a virus that's in the process of “evolving” which is what you were shown. (Although you didn't bother acknowledging the link I provided).

Now you change your demand to include a strawman caricature of evolution, a classic example of dishonesty straight out of the creationist play book, well done!

Upvote 0

UCDavis

Sep 24, 2015
Alameda, California
✟10,642.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
But evolution has no use in the healthcare field.

That is simply false.

Can you show me where evolution can be used in the medicine and healthcare?

The only reason that new flu shots are developed every year, is because the flu strain is evolving.

Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
But evolution has no use in the healthcare field. Can you show me where evolution can be used in the medicine and healthcare?

I can only suspect that you refuse to read anything that goes against your religious beliefs, good for you.

If you are really interested have a scan of this website.... EvMed Review

Upvote 0

Jjmcubbin

Feb 3, 2018
Delhi
✟18,935.00
Country
India
Faith
Hindu
Marital Status
Private
Let's look at it from the perspective of common sense.
You say that evolution means viruses turning into fish and you think that it is ridiculous. Everybody on the Earth thinks it is ridiculous, do you really think that most of the world (who accept evolution) think a virus will become a fish? Have you ever interacted with people? If I seem harsh and rude, that is my way of teaching a simple concept a person should already know. I said that it won't be a fish anytime soon. Did you forget this or can you not understand the meaning of 'anytime soon'? I should have replaced it with EVER.
Please, heed my request. At least know the definition of the topic you are debating. I'm not asking you to know about convergent evolution and what not, just what evolution means. Simple.

Upvote 0

Jjmcubbin

Feb 3, 2018
Delhi
✟18,935.00
Country
India
Faith
Hindu
Marital Status
Private
But evolution has no use in the healthcare field. Can you show me where evolution can be used in the medicine and healthcare?
Again. I've answered this for you in the previous page. A psychologist could learn a lot about conformation bias from you.

Upvote 0