If Roe vs Wade is overturned, will the GOP lose in 2022?

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There will be no advertising and abortion. I went on vacation; they have no proof an abortion happened.
That’s where the pregnancy tracking comes into play.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't see that as very likely. Even if the Court Overturned R v W , which is doubtful, abortion would not be outlawed in the places where the majority of people favored it being legal. Most likely it would not have much effect on abortion availability except for a very few states where it being unavailable might be popular.

That's true. Overturning Roe v Wade does not mean abortion is banned, it only means the matter reverts to the states.

What will be more interesting, and already troubling in Texas, would be states taking measures to make it a crime to go to another state for the procedure. Laws like that would have wide-ranging problems far beyond abortion.

Reactions: 98cwitr
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your point is well taken and in reality, is quite true. Nevertheless, I still think that enough suburban women might be upset enough to cost the GOP at the polls, despite the fact that most of them would not have to worry about access to an abortion.

I doubt it. Suburban woman have a lot more at stake in maintaining a conservative status quo. Let's not forget that over half of white women voted for Trump--which includes a lot of Democrats. If they still have access to abortions, those other concerns will maintain priority.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That's true. Overturning Roe v Wade does not mean abortion is banned, it only means the matter reverts to the states.
The most interesting outcome of a post Roe US would be seeing how the chips fall with “but abortion!” taken off the table as something to hold unlikely political alliances together. I see a lot of them collapsing but I think those who benefit from them will double and triple down on punishment for abortion in an attempt to hold them together.

Reactions: Shane R
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,239,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Good Day,

Great question... it may give some traction to the "prolife democrat's" to have impact the GPO by increasing their voting base.

In Him,

Bill
Prolife Democrats used to be a thing. Aren’t they extinct? Can you name any in Congress?

Corrected. Autocorrect had trouble with the word ‘prolife’ and snuck in ‘proliferate’ instead. Sorry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

What will be more interesting, and already troubling in Texas, would be states taking measures to make it a crime to go to another state for the procedure. Laws like that would have wide-ranging problems far beyond abortion.

Laws such as that are absolutely unconstitutional and should never be passed to begin with.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Proliferate Democrats used to be a thing. Aren’t they extinct? Can you name any in Congress?

Democrats are not defined just by the politicians that the party allows to be elected. There are still a few pro-life rank and file democrats out there.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,239,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Democrats are not defined just by the politicians that the party allows to be elected. There are still a few pro-life rank and file democrats out there.
Most of us were pushed out. I have respect for the few who battled on, but they are few. And if you count Joe Manchin and ? not many in Congress.

Upvote 0

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟512,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Friendly
Reactions: 98cwitr
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,239,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Most experts now expect Republicans to retake the House next year and possibly the Senate as well. However, a huge uproar over the abortion issue could cause a shift in the odds and keep both chambers under Democratic control. What think ye?

I don't look for any change on the federal level ... but that they (federal) will defer to the state (just like they do now) and each state will be different in how/when of abortion ..... but I don't think there will ever be a total ban or overturn of it. Time will tell I suppose.

Upvote 0

9Rock9

Sinner in need of grace.
Nov 28, 2018
South Carolina
✟73,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I don't see that as very likely. Even if the Court Overturned R v W , which is doubtful, abortion would not be outlawed in the places where the majority of people favored it being legal. Most likely it would not have much effect on abortion availability except for a very few states where it being unavailable might be popular.

AFAIK, all overturning Roe v. Wade would do is return to decision to the states, which I consider to be a step in the right direction, at the very least.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟321,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
AFAIK, all overturning Roe v. Wade would do is return to decision to the states, which I consider to be a step in the right direction, at the very least.
Why is it a step in the right direction? If we take the pro-life perspective that a fetus has personhood and a fundamental right to life, then wouldn't that be something that you would not want individual states to make different decisions on?

• Agree
Reactions: Desk trauma
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If the right direction is making abortion unavailable it will have little impact on that front aa it would remain legal for the majority of the population and available to all others who can go out of state for a day or two.

Upvote 0

9Rock9

Sinner in need of grace.
Nov 28, 2018
South Carolina
✟73,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Why is it a step in the right direction? If we take the pro-life perspective that a fetus has personhood and a fundamental right to life, then wouldn't that be something that you would not want individual states to make different decisions on?

I would love to see nation wide legislation banning abortion, but I don't think that is feasible in this current political climate, so at this point, I'm willing to take what I can get.

Allowing some states to ban abortions is better than mandating that all states must make abortions legal, imo.

Upvote 0

Incendiary Minds

Aug 8, 2021
SF Bay Area
✟18,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Why is the discussion so much about preventing abortions rather than reducing unwanted pregnancies?
Well, dead silence about my examination of some Men, in addition, the Catholic church and other Christian as well as secular organizations want eventually to criminalize artificial birth control methods calling some of them " abortifacient' as for Catholics they disapprove of barriers methods like Condoms that are not so called ' abortifacients'. So in effect it's complete control of the heterosexual acts blaming Women for unplanned pregnancies, never the desires nor actions of MEN!

• Winner
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0