Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟819,215.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I repeat, you need to learn to treat people with respect. You can disagree with a person respectfully.
I treat with respect but I also use God's Holy Spirit to discern evil where it exists. I disagree with most Republicans on many issues but most all of them are good people and I treat them respectfully. The same goes for liberals but there are some people that are scum and a good man stands against the evil they stand for and Trump falls into that category.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I treat with respect but I also use God's Holy Spirit to discern evil where it exists. I disagree with most Republicans on many issues but most all of them are good people and I treat them respectfully. The same goes for liberals but there are some people that are scum and a good man stands against the evil they stand for and Trump falls into that category.
You are not the judge. Treat people with respect. We are told to love even our enemies.

Upvote 0

Think like Christ

Jan 11, 2018
Vancouver
✟9,163.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You need to treat people with respect no matter how you feel about them.
No I don't. I do not need to treat Nazis, KKK members, or other racists with respect.

And I do not think that is reasonable to stick only to the issue, when race and racism are part of the issue, and the politician supporting the issue repeatedly makes racist statements. Do you agree or disagree?

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
No I don't. I do not need to treat Nazis, KKK members, or other racists with respect.
Donald made a speech and denounced the the neo-nazis, KKK, and white supremacists. I saw it on TV.

Upvote 0

Think like Christ

Jan 11, 2018
Vancouver
✟9,163.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Donald made a speech and denounced the the neo-nazis, KKK, and white supremacists. I saw it on TV.
And then he walked it back, and called some of them "very fine people". It was all over the news, many people resigned from government positions in protest of Trump's support for the KKK and Nazis. I'm sorry you missed this, but the fact that you don't know about something does not mean it didn't happen. If you're sincerely interested in discovering what happened, please use google. There are numerous reputable sources and numerous reputable people who will attest to this happening.

Let's get back on topic:

I do not think that it is reasonable to stick only to the issue, when race and racism are part of the issue, and the politician supporting the issue repeatedly makes racist statements. Do you agree or disagree?

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟819,215.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You are not the judge. Treat people with respect. We are told to love even our enemies.
We are called to discern good and evil. Loving our enemies isn't enabling them to sin in greater ways. Jesus called out the religious of Israel for their sin against the people. I'll never meet Trump but I can point out his evil. He is an egotistical, self righteous, adulterous liar.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
And then he walked it back, and called some of them "very fine people". It was all over the news, many people resigned from government positions in protest of Trump's support for the KKK and Nazis. I'm sorry you missed this, but the fact that you don't know about something does not mean it didn't happen. If you're sincerely interested in discovering what happened, please use google. There are numerous reputable sources and numerous reputable people who will attest to this happening.

Let's get back on topic:

I do not think that it is reasonable to stick only to the issue, when race and racism are part of the issue, and the politician supporting the issue repeatedly makes racist statements. Do you agree or disagree?
No, he didn't call them fine people. He was referring to the fact that there were fine people on both sides of the issue of tearing down confederate statues.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
We are called to discern good and evil. Loving our enemies isn't enabling them to sin in greater ways. Jesus called out the religious of Israel for their sin against the people. I'll never meet Trump but I can point out his evil. He is an egotistical, self righteous, adulterous liar.
We are told not to judge people (Matt 7:1).

Upvote 0

Think like Christ

Jan 11, 2018
Vancouver
✟9,163.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, he didn't call them fine people. He was referring to the fact that there were fine people on both sides of the issue of tearing down confederate statues.
Trump is on video tape making racist comments on numerous occasions, and if that doesn't convince you that Trump makes racist comments, then obviously nothing I say is going to change your mind.

Anyways, can we please get back on topic:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I might agree if Trump hadn't made so many racist comments in both the past and the present.

Anyways, can we please get back on topic:

I'm not aware of any racist remarks he's made recently. As for the distant past, he has been accused of making at least one racial statement. I know, though, that we've all sinned. The object is to learn from our sins. I think Donald has.

Upvote 0

Think like Christ

Jan 11, 2018
Vancouver
✟9,163.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not aware of any racist remarks he's made recently.

There is nothing I can do about that, using google isn't that complicated. Trump is on video tape making racist comments on numerous occasions, both in the past and in the present, and if that doesn't convince you that Trump makes racist comments, then obviously nothing I say is going to change your mind. You are free to keep believing what you want.

Can we please get back on topic?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟819,215.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We are told not to judge people (Matt 7:1).
Scripture says a lot of things and what Jesus was taking about was passing judgment of people as the Pharisees did in the Sanhedrin. Punishing the people for their sin. As the scriptures which you were already provided said, we are to discern evil through God's Holy Spirit.
Hopefully, you would not allow evil people to corrupt your family or church because you thought you should allow them freedom to do as they please.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
There is nothing I can do about that, using google isn't that complicated. Trump is on video tape making racist comments on numerous occasions, both in the past and in the present, and if that doesn't convince you that Trump makes racist comments, then obviously nothing I say is going to change your mind. You are free to keep believing what you want.

Can we please get back on topic?

Tell me something recently he's said that is racist.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Scripture says a lot of things and what Jesus was taking about was passing judgment of people as the Pharisees did in the Sanhedrin. Punishing the people for their sin. As the scriptures which you were already provided said, we are to discern evil through God's Holy Spirit.
Hopefully, you would not allow evil people to corrupt your family or church because you thought you should allow them freedom to do as they please.
You shouldn't judge people unless you have to. Constantly complaining about the president of the United States, or anybody else, is immature.

Upvote 0