Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,148.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This wasn't a thread about issues. It was a thread about attacking people.
Ok, let's talk Obama. He was a good man. I didn't agree with all of his politics but a good man and excellent husband and father.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Ok, let's talk Obama. He was a good man. I didn't agree with all of his politics but a good man and excellent husband and father.
I don't think he was a good man. Anyone who would force girls to shower with boys at school, when the boys say they want to be girls, is not a good man, in my opinion. I'm not going to insult him, though.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,148.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't think he was a good man. Anyone who would force girls to shower with boys at school, when the boys say they want to be girls, is not a good man, in my opinion. I'm not going to insult him, though.
I thought that you could discuss an issue without attacking the person.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I thought that you could discuss an issue without attacking the person.
That wasn't an attack. I could tell you that I think you are not using good judgment. That is not an attack. If I said that I thought you were an idiot, I would be attacking you.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,148.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That wasn't an attack. I could tell you that I think you are not using good judgment. That is not an attack. If I said that I thought you were an idiot, I would be attacking you.
You attacked his character by saying that you didn't think that he was a good man. You claimed that I attacked Trump by saying he wasn't a good President. You can't have it both ways.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,148.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You also lied about him unless you can prove that he was trying to force girls to shower with boys, if they said they want to be girls.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
You attacked his character by saying that you didn't think that he was a good man. You claimed that I attacked Trump by saying he wasn't a good President. You can't have it both ways.
I didn’t attack anybody’s character. You told me that you thought Obama was a good man, so I responded by saying I disagreed, and I told you why.

You could have phrased your statement about President Trump respectfully by saying, “If he became a good president,” but you chose to phrase it insultingly by saying, “If he actually started acting like a good President.”

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,148.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I didn’t attack anybody’s character. You told me that you thought Obama was a good man, so I responded by saying I disagreed, and I told you why.

You could have phrased your statement about President Trump respectfully by saying, “If he became a good president,” but you chose to phrase it insultingly by saying, “If he actually started acting like a good President.”
The only difference between your statement and mine was that you wrote yours about someone other than I did.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
The only difference between your statement and mine was that you wrote yours about someone other than I did.
You need to learn how to discuss things without insulting people.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,148.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
As I noted before, this is incorrect and part of a character assassination on your part. This is not true and the transgender issue is far more complicated than a boy or girl say they want to be the opposite sex. There is a process which a student has to go through in order to change the sex which is on their school records. Someone under 18 cannot request the change. It must come from a parent or guardian and then a hearing must be held to review the evidence which the student provides.

See, this is discussing an issue without attacking the politician while yours attacked Obama.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
As I noted before, this is incorrect and part of a character assassination on your part. This is not true and the transgender issue is far more complicated than a boy or girl say they want to be the opposite sex. There is a process which a student has to go through in order to change the sex which is on their school records. Someone under 18 cannot request the change. It must come from a parent or guardian and then a hearing must be held to review the evidence which the student provides.

See, this is discussing an issue without attacking the politician while yours attacked Obama.
No, it isn't character assasination, unbelievable as it may seem. Read any of these:

Obama administration directs schools to accommodate transgender students

Feds issue guidance on transgender bathroom acess in schools - CNNPolitics

Transgender Activism Has Produced a Legal Absurdity

Federal court blocks Obama’s transgender bathroom order

Judge in Texas blocks Obama transgender bathroom rules

Texas judge temporarily blocks Obama's transgender directive on school bathrooms

Solace and Fury as Schools React to Transgender Policy

Judge blocks Obama administration directive on transgender facilities use

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Who is fighting?
Depends on how you define the word "fighting." Anyhow, treat people with respect, even those you don't like. That way they might listen to you.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,148.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
None of your articles proves your false claim, in which you made this attack: Anyone who would force girls to shower with boys at school, when the boys say they want to be girls, is not a good man, in my opinion.

A Transgender Advocate’s Guide to Updating and Amending School Records

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
What is the procedure for a FERPA hearing?

After you request a formal hearing, a third party who does not have a direct interest in the outcome of the hearing must conduct the hearing within a reasonable time; you will be notified of the time, date, and place. (34 C.F.R. § 99.22(a-b)). At the hearing, you have the ability to present evidence to prove your records are incorrect or misleading. (34 C.F.R. § 99.22(d)). The decision must be based solely on the evidence presented, must be in writing, and must include a summary of the evidence and the reasons for the decision. (34 C.F.R. § 99.22(e)).

If your hearing is successful, the school district will amend your records accordingly and notify you that the change has taken place in writing. ]/b](34 C.F.R. § 99.21(b)(1)).

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
None of your articles proves your false claim, in which you made this attack: Anyone who would force girls to shower with boys at school, when the boys say they want to be girls, is not a good man, in my opinion.

A Transgender Advocate’s Guide to Updating and Amending School Records

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
What is the procedure for a FERPA hearing?

After you request a formal hearing, a third party who does not have a direct interest in the outcome of the hearing must conduct the hearing within a reasonable time; you will be notified of the time, date, and place. (34 C.F.R. § 99.22(a-b)). At the hearing, you have the ability to present evidence to prove your records are incorrect or misleading. (34 C.F.R. § 99.22(d)). The decision must be based solely on the evidence presented, must be in writing, and must include a summary of the evidence and the reasons for the decision. (34 C.F.R. § 99.22(e)).

If your hearing is successful, the school district will amend your records accordingly and notify you that the change has taken place in writing. ]/b](34 C.F.R. § 99.21(b)(1)).
All eight articles, all from established news organizations such as the New York Times and CNN, explain that the Obama administration threatened to withhold government funds from schools that didn't allow boys, who said they wanted to be girls, to shower with girls.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,148.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
All eight articles, all from established news organizations such as the New York Times and CNN, explain that the Obama administration threatened to withhold government funds from schools that didn't allow boys, who said they wanted to be girls, to shower with girls.
And if you check on the actual law you will see the requirements which a person must go through in order to establish their sexual identity. No law can force a girl to shower with a person whose physical sex is not their match.

Upvote 0