• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I went to church

sportsfan

Dec 4, 2019
Cottonwood
✟20,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dreams come and go and people don't have any control over them. Most of people's dreams make very little sense anyway. I wouldn't spend too much time dwelling on it. Forget it and move on.
If you believe Jesus is the son of God, if have put your faith and trust in him, and desire to repent and receive his forgiveness, then you can be reassured that you have not committed that sin.

I asked Jesus in my heart when I was four and I was baptized when I was 8 and I am so worried that I confused Jesus and Satan in a dream.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I asked Jesus in my heart when I was four and I was baptized when I was 8 and I am so worried that I confused Jesus and Satan in a dream.
Most people have no control over what they dream. It is the brain sorting itself out, processing emotions, thoughts and memories. Most of what we dream has no bearing on what happens in reality.

For instance, I am a nurse in real life. But I recently dreamed that I was travelling to Paris on the Eurostar with my badge and uniform and arrived at a plush hotel, given the keys to the medicines trolley and I was getting room service calls to go and offer guests their medications. What is real about that? Nothing. It's complete and utter nonsense. It has no bearing on who I am and what I do in my real life!

I think you are spending too much time dwelling on your dream when you don't really need to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sportsfan

Dec 4, 2019
Cottonwood
✟20,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Most people have no control over what they dream. It is the brain sorting itself out, processing emotions, thoughts and memories. Most of what we dream has no bearing on what happens in reality.

For instance, I am a nurse, and I recently dreamed that I was travelling to Paris on the Eurostar with my badge and uniform and arrived at a plush hotel, given the keys to the medicines trolley and I was getting room service calls to go and offer guests their medications. What is real about that? Nothing. It's complete and utter nonsense. It has no bearing on who I am and what I do in my real life!

I think you are spending too much time dwelling on your dream when you don't really need to.

So God's not going to hold me responsible for the dream/visual hallucination in front of me of the shower and that followed me to the door he isn't going to hold me eternally responsible for a yellow light being Satan and me praying thinking it was Jesus and bowing God really didn't let Satan place the mark on me in my dream it truly is a illness and I am not really a false prophet/antichrist because I accidentally bowed to Satan in a visual hallucination/dream in front of my eyes. God will still let me into Heaven when he returns to earth. Jesus will be my friend and not my enemy. The blue light yellow light isn't real.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
So God's not going to hold me responsible for the dream/visual hallucination in front of me of the shower and that followed me to the door he isn't going to hold me eternally responsible for a yellow light being Satan and me praying thinking it was Jesus and bowing God really didn't let Satan place the mark on me in my dream it truly is a illness and I am not really a false prophet/antichrist because I accidentally bowed to Satan in a visual hallucination/dream in front of my eyes. God will still let me into Heaven when he returns to earth. Jesus will be my friend and not my enemy. The blue light yellow light isn't real.
If you don't mind me saying so, I think that your anxiety arises not so much from the dream you had, but because you have a general fear of being rejected by God. It seems to me that you are in constant fear of letting Him down.
When we have had painful life experiences, we sometimes find it hard to accept the fact that God loves us unconditionally, and that He will never leave us or forsake us. I spent my early years in a children's home without a mother or father to look after me and early in my Christian walk, I always had a fear of being rejected by God if I didn't do things right. However, over the years my faith has grown and I have fully embraced my identity as a child of God.
When we accept Christ, we receive a new identity. We are adopted into God's family - and become sons and daughters of our heavenly Father.
That promise is for me, and it is also for you.
Remember that perfect love casts out all fear. Receive that love and embrace your identity in Christ.
You are, and always will be, a beloved child of God.

Upvote 0

sportsfan

Dec 4, 2019
Cottonwood
✟20,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you don't mind me saying so, I think that your anxiety arises not so much from the dream you had, but because you have a general fear of being rejected by God. It seems to me that you are in constant fear of letting Him down.
When we have had painful life experiences, we sometimes find it hard to accept the fact that God loves us unconditionally, and that He will never leave us or forsake us. I spent my early years in a children's home without a mother or father to look after me and early in my Christian walk, I always had a fear of being rejected by God if I didn't do things right. However, over the years my faith has grown and I have fully embraced my identity as a child of God.
When we accept Christ, we receive a new identity. We are adopted into God's family - and become sons and daughters of our heavenly Father.
Remember that perfect love casts out all fear. Receive that love and embrace your identity in Christ.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is what mom and dad keep telling me that is my paranoid scitzphrenia making me think I offended God.

Yes i know, i suffer from schizophrenia as well, so i know a little what you are going through.

Good medication, counselling and love for and knowledge of God's Word have been my best aids. i check all my thoughts past Scripture when scripture disagrees then i disagree, when Scriptures agree then i agree. It has proven to be very helpful to stay grounded.

i advise you to do the same. Ground your reality in God's word and let His loving truth guide you 24/7.

:hug:

• Winner
Reactions: MrsFoundit
Upvote 0

MrsFoundit

Dec 5, 2019
South
✟40,776.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I spent my early years in a children's home without a mother or father to look after me and early in my Christian walk, I always had a fear of being rejected by God if I didn't do things right. However, over the years my faith has grown and I have fully embraced my identity as a child of God.

I had a family, but I was like that because a physical disability caused people to reject me. Logically, people with mental health difficulties are more sensitive about Jesus as a friend too. It would happen at a different age if it was an adult onset condition, but the emotional point would be the same.

Okay, I hope someone can see what I mean, and feel free to pray in case I did not communicate it very well. :idea:

PS I do not mean everyone else does not love Jesus as much. Just that for some people there is a thing.

• Friendly
Reactions: Anthony2019
Upvote 0

sportsfan

Dec 4, 2019
Cottonwood
✟20,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I am truly frighted that I angered Jesus in my dream.

Upvote 0

sportsfan

Dec 4, 2019
Cottonwood
✟20,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes i know, i suffer from schizophrenia as well, so i know a little what you are going through.

Good medication, counselling and love for and knowledge of God's Word have been my best aids. i check all my thoughts past Scripture when scripture disagrees then i disagree, when Scriptures agree then i agree. It has proven to be very helpful to stay grounded.

i advise you to do the same. Ground your reality in God's word and let His loving truth guide you 24/7.

:hug:

Thanks there is nothing about talking crosses being blasphemy in scripture it must be an illness.

Upvote 0

sportsfan

Dec 4, 2019
Cottonwood
✟20,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I had a family, but I was like that because a physical disability caused people to reject me. Logically, people with mental health difficulties are more sensitive about Jesus as a friend too. It would happen at a different age if it was an adult onset condition, but the emotional point would be the same.

Okay, I hope someone can see what I mean, and feel free to pray in case I did not communicate it very well. :idea:

PS I do not mean everyone else does not love Jesus as much. Just that for some people there is a thing.

Thanks Mrs. Foundit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I am truly frighted that I angered Jesus in my dream.
My best answer to you is to post a quotation from one of my favourite Christian authors. Catholic Priest Henri Nouwen once said that the biggest trap we can experience in our lives is one of self-rejection. He stated that self-rejection "contradicts the sacred voice that calls us the beloved".
In his book "The Road to Daybreak", he wrote a beautiful text showing the heart of God towards the one who felt lonely, unwanted and rejected.
"I am your God, I have moulded you with my own hands, and I love what I have made. I love you with a love that has no limits, because I love you as I am loved. Do not run away from me. Come back to me—not once, not twice, but always again. You are my child. How can you ever doubt that I will embrace you again, hold you against My breast, kiss you and let My hands run through your hair? I am your God—the God of mercy and compassion, the God of pardon and love, the God of tenderness and care. Please do not say that I have given up on you, that I cannot stand you anymore, that there is no way back. It is not true. I so much want you to be with me. I so much want you to be close to me. I know all your thoughts. I hear all your words. I see all your actions. And I love you because you are beautiful, made in my own image, an expression of my most intimate love. Do not judge yourself. Do not condemn yourself. Do not reject yourself. Let my love touch the deepest, most hidden corners of your heart and reveal to you your own beauty, a beauty that you have lost sight of, but that will become visible to you again in the light of my mercy. Come, come, let me wipe your tears, and let my mouth come close to your ear and say to you, ‘I love you’."

Upvote 0

sportsfan

Dec 4, 2019
Cottonwood
✟20,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My best answer to you is to post a quotation from one of my favourite Christian authors. Catholic Priest Henri Nouwen once said that the biggest trap we can experience in our lives is one of self-rejection. He stated that self-rejection "contradicts the sacred voice that calls us the beloved".
In his book "The Road to Daybreak", he wrote a beautiful text showing the heart of God towards the one who felt lonely, unwanted and rejected.
"I am your God, I have moulded you with my own hands, and I love what I have made. I love you with a love that has no limits, because I love you as I am loved. Do not run away from me. Come back to me—not once, not twice, but always again. You are my child. How can you ever doubt that I will embrace you again, hold you against My breast, kiss you and let My hands run through your hair? I am your God—the God of mercy and compassion, the God of pardon and love, the God of tenderness and care. Please do not say that I have given up on you, that I cannot stand you anymore, that there is no way back. It is not true. I so much want you to be with me. I so much want you to be close to me. I know all your thoughts. I hear all your words. I see all your actions. And I love you because you are beautiful, made in my own image, an expression of my most intimate love. Do not judge yourself. Do not condemn yourself. Do not reject yourself. Let my love touch the deepest, most hidden corners of your heart and reveal to you your own beauty, a beauty that you have lost sight of, but that will become visible to you again in the light of my mercy. Come, come, let me wipe your tears, and let my mouth come close to your ear and say to you, ‘I love you’."

Thank You

Upvote 0