Mother of Conjoined Twin Girls Who Chose Life Remembers Her Babies ‘Wonderfully Made’

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Our tiny twins lived only for 90 minutes, but our journey with them made one thing abundantly clear: God always has the final say

All human life – including unborn life – is sacred and irreplaceable, no matter the circumstances, diagnoses or opinions surrounding it.

While I always believed this fundamental truth, I experienced it in a transformative way when I became pregnant with conjoined twin daughters whose lives were, tragically, discounted by thousands of people – including medical professionals and social media onlookers.

As a newlywed, COVID-era bride, I was used to “unexpected” things, like rescheduling venues and finding last-minute vendors. Despite the challenges, my husband and I fought for (and had) our ideal Catholic wedding.

That experience increased our faith that God would continue providing for us as we pursued our dream of becoming parents.

Negative test after negative test dulled our spirits, yet also deepened our prayers as we begged God to entrust us with such a precious gift.

We finally got the second pink line, but shortly after, severe nausea hit. Despite my excitement that we had finally conceived, intense sickness and weight loss left me fearful that something wasn’t quite right.

Continued below.